February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Baby likely won't want to hang around an extra 3 weeks anyway hun. Don't worry too much just yet ;)

Lol, I know that's most likely...I'm just worried about planning on "Oh yeah, he'll come on time..." and then, Surprise, I'm having a 10lb baby 3 weeks late!! :wacko:

JohnsPrincess CONGRATS ON YOUR BABY BOY!! I was also shocked and slightly disappointed about not having a girl... but im quickly getting over it and getting more and more excited about having a little boy! Girls sure are cute... but maybe boys will be easier in lots of eays!! ;) Anyway, congrats and enjoy!!!

Thanks, hon! It's nice to hear someone else feel the same way! LOL I have friends who have boys and they say they're a joy - totally Mama's boys when they're little. I'm sure he'll be a joy! Lol. Boys are just so foreign to me! I don't think I've changed a boys diaper in about 21 years!! I baby sat boy/girl twins starting when I was 12. And the boy was the only boy baby I've spent a lot of time around!! Haha!!

Kelly still in my thoughts :hugs:

Thats so kind of you to be thinking of me :friends:

It will be exactly 4 weeks tommorow since I recieved the worst phone call of my whole life, im haunted by that call. Im still struggling to believe my Dad has gone :cry:

Thankyou again :hugs:

Oh, you guys have made me really crave a massage!

I have been really achy and sore the last few days. SInce the start of this pg I have been getting what feels like something trapped on one side or other of my lower back. it feels like if it would click it would go away. That's been bothering me.

But the last few days I have had what feels like period pain round the front. I can feel the baby move and hear the heartbeat with the doppler, but it is odd. Also, my belly is growing but the bump I can feel under the lard is still really low, like down low in my pelvic area. It almost feels and looks swollen there and that's where it hurts. I think it's just muscular as when I turn over in bed etc it really hurts there and pulls. Ouch!

:wohoo:Yay Junebugs! We can have our countdown together then. ;D

AHHH TIGER. Scan buddies! But yes – I’ll be finding out at 9:30am MY TIME… which is like… 12 hours behind you? :haha: Still, exciting! :D

Congrats and welcome Summer!

Aww JP! I hope that isn’t the case for you; and I somehow doubt it will be. LOL. Though that would be one massive little LO, would it not? ;)

I’ll admit (Jokerette and JP) – at first, the idea of having a boy crushed me. No, I still don’t know what I’m having but when OH was all, “Oh I really hope it’s a boy!” I was like, :devil: :haha: I only have a sister, and little experience dealing with little boys, so it was not my high hope at first. But after spending lots more time with my nephew and having been pregnant now and impatiently awaiting the news, I think my disappointment wouldn’t be what it would have been right off the bat. xD So I think that’s a normal feeling for some women to experience. :hugs:

:hugs: Kelly.

It was a nice treat Bec, I won’t deny that. :)

I’ve been having odd touch-and-go pains as well. I found the HB last night, ticking away happily at ~145. But lower right, way far to the right, it was a pulsing, dull ache. Almost felt like someone was just kicking away from the inside, but way too far over to be LO at this point. So it was odd. This morning, it’s gone. Guess just another one of those weird growing pains. Blah! xD

:wohoo:Yay Junebugs! We can have our countdown together then. ;D

AHHH TIGER. Scan buddies! But yes – I’ll be finding out at 9:30am MY TIME… which is like… 12 hours behind you? :haha: Still, exciting! :D

Congrats and welcome Summer!

Aww JP! I hope that isn’t the case for you; and I somehow doubt it will be. LOL. Though that would be one massive little LO, would it not? ;)

I’ll admit (Jokerette and JP) – at first, the idea of having a boy crushed me. No, I still don’t know what I’m having but when OH was all, “Oh I really hope it’s a boy!” I was like, :devil: :haha: I only have a sister, and little experience dealing with little boys, so it was not my high hope at first. But after spending lots more time with my nephew and having been pregnant now and impatiently awaiting the news, I think my disappointment wouldn’t be what it would have been right off the bat. xD So I think that’s a normal feeling for some women to experience. :hugs:

:hugs: Kelly.

It was a nice treat Bec, I won’t deny that. :)

I’ve been having odd touch-and-go pains as well. I found the HB last night, ticking away happily at ~145. But lower right, way far to the right, it was a pulsing, dull ache. Almost felt like someone was just kicking away from the inside, but way too far over to be LO at this point. So it was odd. This morning, it’s gone. Guess just another one of those weird growing pains. Blah! xD

Last time i checked with my doppler the baby was WAY of to the right side, i had never found it that far over before. I also have been getting weird pains(like someone is kicking or pinching really hard in one spot) , but i am just guessing it's growing pains? :shrug:

I had always thought of me having a boy first, my husband also always thought of us having a boy first. Now that we are pregnant i am starting to realize that i would also love to have a girl first!!! I always wanted a boy first so it can be "the big brother". But now it really doesn't matter to me, as long as he/she is healthy!!! I JUST WHAT TO KNOW!! hahahhaaa

ok girls what colour do you think this is???

https://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o137/camiller6/iphone3003.jpg
https://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o137/camiller6/iphone3002.jpg

Which bit are we looking at?

lol.. see that is what i am so confused about!!! It just says the liqiud should be orange for girl and green for boy? but it looks to dark to be orange but not dark enough to be green? :shrug:

heheh.. tiger and swan I also have my anatomy/gender scan on the 19th, although my apptmt is even later than swan's (3:30) - thought knowing one would keep me happy but now I really want to know what the other is!!

No kicks for me although I am getting to the point where rolling from one side to the other has become awfully difficult. I have finally stopped crossing my legs though - at least at the top, mostly because I can't!!!

Been doing a lot of reading.. Secrets of Childhood by Maria Montessori (ok I confess I got 90% of the way through, it's a bit dry) and now I'm working on The baby whisperer and next on the list is one of the babywise books. Want to make sure I have lots of tools at my disposal since there's two and they are my first =) Has anyone else read any of these books or have any thoughts?

Congrats JP on the little boy and all the ladies on your upcoming scans!!

DH and I have our scan Saturday at noon and I'll be going straight from the ultrasound to the nail salon so I can have my nails painted in either pink or blue! Just my own little way of celebrating!

DYING to feel more movement over here. I've felt what I believe is the baby once or twice, but not nearly as often as I hoped. I'll even have a bit of ice cream and then lay down very still to see if anything happens. DH just shakes his head! :shrug:

Hi Everyone!!!

Thought I would pop in! It has been ages since I have posted. I hope everyone is doing well! Wow Lots of boys going around in the tread. Is anyone keeping count of who is having what and updaing the main page?
I have my 16 week appointment on Friday but will not have a scan at that time. My gender scan is probably end of september and I CANT WAITTTT!!!

Besides that I am feeling great and most of my friends know the secret now :D

take care ladies!

hmmm thinking of pm'ing msraggles so we can update the page ? ? ?

summer, I don't remember what page it's on, but the BBcode for the image is buried somewhere here in the thread. Sorry I don't know where!

JohnsPrincess, congrats on your boy! I always wanted an older brother (I'm the oldest), and so I think it'd be great to have our first LO be a boy.

I booked our 20 week anomaly/gender scan today - October 12. I'll be one of the last ones, I think! So I get to have excitement build through all of you!

So at about week 9 or so I was at a housewarming party for some friends and had 1 1/2 chocolate covered strawberries. I found out later from the guy who made them that they were tequila soaked. I kid you not, I wake up once a week in a panic about them. I'm small (5'0) and a lightweight and all the worst-case scenarios from every FAS scare website and group go through my head. My mom, a former NICU nurse who currently volunteers with drug addicts tells me that I will be just fine and my husband ran a test soaking fruit in tequila to show me how little it was, but I cannot keep myself calm about it for more than a week. In my head I know it is ridiculous, but at 2 or 3 a.m. I panic (probably worse for the baby than anything else I could do!). Sigh - any suggestions to calm me down?

In good news, we booked our babymoon for the weekend after our anniversary in October. 3 nights at a B&B. Can't wait.

summer, I don't remember what page it's on, but the BBcode for the image is buried somewhere here in the thread. Sorry I don't know where!

JohnsPrincess, congrats on your boy! I always wanted an older brother (I'm the oldest), and so I think it'd be great to have our first LO be a boy.

I booked our 20 week anomaly/gender scan today - October 12. I'll be one of the last ones, I think! So I get to have excitement build through all of you!

So at about week 9 or so I was at a housewarming party for some friends and had 1 1/2 chocolate covered strawberries. I found out later from the guy who made them that they were tequila soaked. I kid you not, I wake up once a week in a panic about them. I'm small (5'0) and a lightweight and all the worst-case scenarios from every FAS scare website and group go through my head. My mom, a former NICU nurse who currently volunteers with drug addicts tells me that I will be just fine and my husband ran a test soaking fruit in tequila to show me how little it was, but I cannot keep myself calm about it for more than a week. In my head I know it is ridiculous, but at 2 or 3 a.m. I panic (probably worse for the baby than anything else I could do!). Sigh - any suggestions to calm me down?

In good news, we booked our babymoon for the weekend after our anniversary in October. 3 nights at a B&B. Can't wait.

Honestly hun you will be fine!!!! Have you ever seen the show "i didn't know i was pregnant". Look at all those girls that didn't know and they're drinking and smoking and they end of having healthy babies! ( sorry i was watching the show this morning :) ).

There are some studies that show that caffeine is just as bad as alcohol but lots of woman still have caffeine daily. ( i am not saying it's ok to drink while pregnant but.....) That little bit of alcohol is not going to harm anything.

I was just talking to my friend the other day about that. She is a nurse at sick kids hospital and she was saying that they don't know the exact amount that is harmful to a baby so they say just not to drink at all. But from different studies they have done they think having a glass of wine a week is actually safe during pregnancy. (not that i would go out and do that!!!)

Ahhh Tobaira! I bet you really want to know what your second baby is! :hugs: Woot for scan triplets! ;D

Junebugs, I think that looks boy... but I'm not sure. Tough to tell! haha.

I called my nurse and apologized a billion times, but she laughed and was so patient with me. She said if I get a fever or bowel changes, to come in as she would fear it was my appendix. But she said the most likely option is that my round ligaments are stretching and as we were going crazy to prepare for the hurricane and then cleaning up from it, she believes I pulled a ligament and that's what causes my pain. She then said that it would be pulsing because of the huge artery that runs by your hips; she figures I pulled it enough that it's taut against the artery and thus when my pulse goes, the tapping of the ligament beats with it. SHUDDER. But it makes perfect sense, so she said Tylenol and a heating pad on low or ice pack, my preference, can be used to ease the aching.

Oh yeah, and I'm not supposed to be fiddling with doing much for a few days, until it heals. lol. Dang it all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->