February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Ladies, you may remember me mentioning a while back that I am emigrating....Well, we have just booked the flights & will be leaving in less than 3 months :plane: :wacko: :loopy:8-[:eek: :shock:

RJ2- hugs :(

KellyC- goodluck!!!!

Girls... We decided on a name and we decided to tell a few close friends and family. The name is Kenneth Daniel, we will call him Kenny. It was DH's grandfathers name and Daniel is my dad's name, so we're really happy and excited. All I wanted was for people to be happy for us, not give their negative comments since we're no longer in the brainstorming stage.

Well yesterday my grandmother said "oh, it's alright I'll learn to like it", and then I called my mom kind if bummed out and she proceeded to tell me about some guy named Kenny who kind of forced himself on her when she was a kid. I mean really?!?! I called her excited about the name and sad that my grandmother couldn't just be happy for us and she makes it worse! I just lost it and started crying hysterically. We still love the name and we're sticking with it. I just can't believe my mother had to soil it by giving me this vision of some guy named Kenny from her past :(

Anyone else have this happen? :(

Jokerette ~ I think this happens to so many people, after all a name choice is so personal, so your not gonna please everyone....But whats most important is that you & DH are happy :thumbup:

Jokerette - I think you have chosen a lovely name and even more so because of the people he will be named after. It is always sad when you get negative comments but just remember your little boy will be there own person and will make the name precious. My son Harry Ross was named for his grandpa and great grandpa both and all I got from my mum was Harry is such a common name.

Sorry you feel so bummed.:hugs:

Jokerette- I think it's a great name hun. Like everyone else said, you cant please everyone.

RJ- Big hugs for you!!!:hugs: It must be so hard but you know you have all of us here for you!

Kelly- Where are you moving too??

Welcome to all the new ladies!

Jokerette - I'm sorry you had to hear reactions like that. I don't know what goes through people's head sometimes, but for it to be your mom and grandma just makes it worse. I think the name is very handsome and perfect for your little guy.

Kelly - congrats on the big move! You are going to have a BUSY few months!

Ladies, I'm thrilled to announce that we're on team blue! :blue: I was completely shocked when we found out as the HB has always been really high and I just assumed it was a girl. DH is over the moon to have "someone to carry on the family name" :haha: and I'm so excited to have a little "momma's boy"!

Jokerette, I love that name!! I think that it sounds beautiful together!! :hugs: Don't let anyone change your mind.

When I told my mom, when I was pregnant with DS2, that I like the name Adeline Nicole for a girl she said, well isn't it hard to make it go together like that?!? And when I said if this one is a boy it will be Mateo Jose, Mateo (Spanish for Matthew) for my dad, and Jose for DH and FIL, she did not like that I was naming my baby after my father!! I told her that it was not her decision and if she didn't like the names that it did not matter to me because that would be the baby's name either way!!

:hugs: and it will be ok, just stand strong and we are all here to support you!! XOXOXO

Ladies, I'm thrilled to announce that we're on team blue! :blue: I was completely shocked when we found out as the HB has always been really high and I just assumed it was a girl. DH is over the moon to have "someone to carry on the family name" :haha: and I'm so excited to have a little "momma's boy"!

:yipee: Congrats on team BLUE :blue: :happydance:

Kelly- WOW, that sounds great!! Good for you! What date are you moving? Is this your first big move or have you done it b4?

Diana-
CONGRATZ!!!! That's great news!

So how many girls and how many boys do we have so far?

Kelly- WOW, that sounds great!! Good for you! What date are you moving? Is this your first big move or have you done it b4?

Ive only ever lived locally, so its a BIG one! :wacko:

We are moving at the end of November :flower:

welcome ladies :flower: :hi:
how are you both feeling ?
do either of you know if you are team :blue: or :pink:

Thank you for the welcome, and for the list add :)

I'm not sure what team we're on OFFICIALLY yet, we find out the day my 19th week begins, the 28th of sept. cannot WAIT!

My mum passed away last yr, and I had a dream right after we were confirmed to be expecting that she told me it was a boy. since then, i can't shake the feeling, and im so excited!

We also did the intelligender urine test, not sure how accurate it is, but it very clearly showed boy as well, so i'm thinking TEAM BLUE :)

How about u???

My mum passed away last yr, and I had a dream right after we were confirmed to be expecting that she told me it was a boy. since then, i can't shake the feeling, and im so excited!

So sorry to hear you lost your Mum last year :hugs:

I lost my Dad just over 1 month ago & its totally devastated me :hug:

Good luck with your big move kelly, im so jealous because we had to turn down our big chance to move over there and probably will never get another chance x

I'm not sure what team we're on OFFICIALLY yet, we find out the day my 19th week begins, the 28th of sept. cannot WAIT!

We also did the intelligender urine test, not sure how accurate it is, but it very clearly showed boy as well, so i'm thinking TEAM BLUE :)

How about u???
we find out on the 19th september, so in 2 weeks time :D im so very excited to find out ! with my son i knew he was a boy the whole time but im thinking girl with this one, but dont want to convince myself just yet :haha:

How about u???
we find out on the 19th september, so in 2 weeks time :D im so very excited to find out ! with my son i knew he was a boy the whole time but im thinking girl with this one, but dont want to convince myself just yet :haha:

awww! it'd be so nice to have one of each!! i hope you'll keep me posted!!!
i started off by wanting a girl (im a SUPER femme, lol, so i wanted my little princess, and i wanted the mother-daughter relationship i had with my mum)
but after the dream, im SUPERRRR excited about it being a boy!
good luck to you, our scans are close, 9 days apart, so hopefully we'll have exciting news very soon!

How about u???

awww! it'd be so nice to have one of each!! i hope you'll keep me posted!!!
i started off by wanting a girl (im a SUPER femme, lol, so i wanted my little princess, and i wanted the mother-daughter relationship i had with my mum)
but after the dream, im SUPERRRR excited about it being a boy!
good luck to you, our scans are close, 9 days apart, so hopefully we'll have exciting news very soon!

id love the whole mother daughter bond thing too , i think thats why i would love a little girl also :cloud9: i will definately keep you posted :D if you ever want to chat, just PM me :)

Hey ladies glad to see all is well. So happy we are all pretty much in the easiest trimester lol.
Jokerette follow your heart people will always have something to say.
One of my customers told me I am having a girl because u can tell I've gotten wider! WTH who says that to someone. Now if I have a boy what's she gonna say about that insult? Either way if it gets me a girl I'll loose my beauty and shape lmbo!
My gender scan is next tue woot woot hard to wait but we r going to disney on Friday so that will kill some time.
Hope you all have a good weekend.

How exciting that you are all having/had your gender scans! Bet its lovely findng out what you are having! Im definately staying :yellow: so I love to read everyone post about them being :blue: or :pink:

Cant decide if ive been feeling peanut moving the past few days or if its stretching pains..........

Welcome to our newest Valentines! :D

:hugs: for you RJ. So sorry to hear you'll be waiting on him for the next few months, but we'll try and keep you occupied here. ;) :haha:

Best wishes on moving Kelly! Wow, you're moving from the UK to Australia?! That's insane! haha. I hate the unpacking process of moving. I'm so awful with it.

Aw Jokerette! :hugs: I think it's a lovely name, and I'm sorry things are kind of raining on you. It's a pain in the butt but you'll never please everyone - if you love it, stay with it! But I'm sorry you had two unpleasant experiences with the unveiling of the name!

AFM on the naming front, speaking of issues... We had picked a boys' name (family name) and then recently, it's popped up in the news as part of a controversy with the law, and hubby is now not willing to use the name as he's afraid of the association. And I'm kind of with him on that, just because it's an uncommon name that I now keep hearing negatively in the news. BLAH. LOL. So we're back on the name process bandwagon. I wasn't 100% sold on the name anyway (but didn't tell HIM that) so I'm rethinking the process myself.

Congrats on team blue Diana! :D

In exactly two weeks from now, I will be able to tell ya'll what I'm having! Well, as long as baby cooperates! :haha: FX on that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->