February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Long weekend ahead of us. Major flooding in the town where my friend's getting married (tomorrow) and every convenient route to my in-laws from my house is closed thanks to flooding. So we need to take a different route there, and then goodness knows how Saturday will go. I'm excited, but stressed because it'll be insane.

I saw the flooding (im originally from Pennsylvania, currently visiting the fam jam, actually). It is terrible. Especially in the Harrisburg area. What town are you in? Im in central (near Penn State-Clearfield), havn't seen much flooding. I saw pics of the flooding and its just heartbreaking :( i hope you and your family/friends stay safe hun x

nightkd - congrats on "team :pink:" :cloud9:

There seems to be alot of blue going around in this group right now....

Thats how it was in the August 2010 group too. I swear there were sooo many boys born! Even with "real life" friends/family boys prevailed!

AFM, im off to Pittsburgh for the weekend. gonna take DS to the childrens museum. His 2 yr old cousin and "Grammy and pappy" will be there too :D They have special stuff for the very young ones. Then we are gonna go to the Pittsburgh zoo on Sunday. Its grandparents day, so they are happy to get in for free lol

Hey ladies sorry I haven't been on much lately! Congrats to all of the ones that have found out what they are having!!
I have been having some pretty strong Braxton Hicks the last week. On the plus side 18 weeks today!! :happydance: That means only 13 days until our ultrasound!! I am getting impatient for it!! :brat: :haha:

Congrats on the gender scans! Anyone heard from honey08? Hers was yesterday.

tiggertea, I haven't had my card yet and I don't think the doctor even filled in the form to be honest. Will chase it up at my next midwife appointment (in 8 weeks!!!)

Junebugs, thanks for the excitement!

So, the scan was today. We were told on the letter to go to the ultrasound department in with x-ray which seemed odd, and when we got there they had no record of me and someone else booked in for the same time! Husband went upstairs to check if we were supposed to be up there in the antenatal department, and yes, sure enough, the letter was wrong. Eejits.

The sonographer was lovely and really thorough. Ilana was really excited to see the baby and hear the heartbeat (something we've never done at a scan before) and she kept saying 'ahhh, nice, baby, me cuddle baby, ahhh' which was very cute.

We saw the baby in lots of detail, again, different to last time where the sonographer turned the screen from me until she had all the measurements. We saw the baby's face in lots of detail and even saw its lenses move in its eyes! It was amazing. At one point as we watched it face on, it lifted its hand and kind of waved!

Everything she could see looked fine and is within a normal range on the growth charts (its head showed as the lowest normal range which seems odd since my husband, his son and my daughter have big old heads! Easier to give birth to, I hope!)

It was moving lots but the sonographer couldn't quite get a few of the measurements - so I have to go back in 2 weeks!!! Yay, I get to see my baby again!

Oh, and the gender? Sorry ladies, we're staying team yellow. I thought I saw a little something though but then, I got confused which bit was which so I am not reliable!!!

Safe travels this weekend Guppy! I live outside Philadelphia, near King of Prussia actually. :) But my in-laws and friends live just north of Harrisburg, right along the Susquehanna River. It's awful seeing the devastation, especially to Hershey Park, Knoebels, etc. We're about two hours from there and there's been flooding in the area, but we're not on the water so we've been safe thus far.

Congrats on 18 weeks TeQuiero!

Congrats on team :pink: Night!

Glad your scan went well Bec! :)

Safe travels this weekend Guppy! I live outside Philadelphia, near King of Prussia actually. :) But my in-laws and friends live just north of Harrisburg, right along the Susquehanna River. It's awful seeing the devastation, especially to Hershey Park, Knoebels, etc. We're about two hours from there and there's been flooding in the area, but we're not on the water so we've been safe thus far.

Glad you are staying dry! And lucky you for living next to King of Prussia mall! lol
Sorry about your family/friends. My biological father is in the Danville area. Im pretty sure he is flooded.
Seeing Hershey Park under water is so sad :( Yesterday they were 10 ft under. My step dad said they had to kill all of the zoo animals because they didn't have time to get them all out :(
My step brother went to some flooded regions the other day. he is trained in saving ppl from water. He helped save 56 people...

Jockerette: YAY!!! Happy to have lead you to this :) it's wonderful! I play it every moment that I can. :cloud9:

ANYONE!!! lolI've been Having a LOT of back pain today :cry: I have a bad tailbone as it is, but I'm such a small girl that monster seems to be weighing on me already.
I Weighed only 90lbs prior to falling pregnant (all of the females in my family are VERY tiny), and now weight about 105lbs. so 15lbs in just 4 mths seems to be driving my spine a little batty!!!
do any of you happen to have any suggestions for relief??:help:
I find going for walks helps... but as soon as I'm done walking, it flares up again.
Hot baths provide temporary relief as well... much like heat packs.
but at this point, i'm willing to try anything~

I may take up swimming next week... I know that is what my family doc recommended years ago when my tailbone began to get bad.

any advice would be great!:hugs:

^ doing 20 pelvic rocks per night (before bed) should help. also try doing some in the day. i highly recommend prenatal yoga and prenatal swimming. :) furthermore, if u are not currently recieving chiropractic care you should consider it. it feels good plus it helps w optimal fetal positioning for birth (its never too early to start) and its great at relieving back pain or pelvic pressure while pregnant :thumbup:

I had a terrible day... but it did end with good news... an ultrasound seeing a healthy baby BOY.

I was in a 5 car pileup this afternoon on the highway... Traffic stopped and I managed to stop my car without problem. But several cars behind me kept going and I was rear-ended. I got spun and hit by someone going very fast, then hit again on the drivers side. I was brought to the hospital in an ambulance and an though they thought everything seemed fine I pretty much insisted on an ultrasound. The ultrasound says baby was doing great, moving around, sucking his thumb. Silver lining of it all is that we got to see our baby boy on an ultrasound! I am so relieved my little guy was safe and sound in there. This was my first experience really not caring about my own safety, and just thinking about the safety and health of my baby.

I am starting to get pretty sore now and will probably take it very easy this weekend with lots of resting and relaxing. Thank goodness my baby "Kenny" is okay!

Attachments

• pileup_all.jpg
    pileup_all.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 19
  • ultrasound16w5d_ALLsmall.jpg
    ultrasound16w5d_ALLsmall.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 20
I had a terrible day... but it did end with good news... an ultrasound seeing a healthy baby BOY.

I was in a 5 car pileup this afternoon on the highway... Traffic stopped and I managed to stop my car without problem. But several cars behind me kept going and I was rear-ended. I got spun and hit by someone going very fast, then hit again on the drivers side. I was brought to the hospital in an ambulance and an though they thought everything seemed fine I pretty much insisted on an ultrasound. The ultrasound says baby was doing great, moving around, sucking his thumb. Silver lining of it all is that we got to see our baby boy on an ultrasound! I am so relieved my little guy was safe and sound in there. This was my first experience really not caring about my own safety, and just thinking about the safety and health of my baby.

I am starting to get pretty sore now and will probably take it very easy this weekend with lots of resting and relaxing. Thank goodness my baby "Kenny" is okay!

That's so scary!! I am so happy you and baby Kenny are ok.. :hugs:

Thanks for moving me!

We had the scan last night and it was (mostly) inconclusive...we are going with team :pink: though (for the moment :haha:).

Peawich was hugging the placenta and had her foot in her crotch, so we're going with pink due to no boy parts, even though we couldn't see the 3 lines for girl either. Pretty sure it's a girl. The lady said she'd go with 80% based on the above...

I have some scan pics to scan in later on :)

My little girl hugs the placenta too! :) Ultrasound tech said she's going to be a cuddler! We did see 3 lines though, many many times. She kept flashing us! :haha:

Hi Ladies! It's so hard for me to go back through and quote from my phone, but congrats on all the new pinks and blue bundles!! :) I can't wait to know like all of you.

Jokerette - How scary!!! I'm so happy you got see your baby boy, and that you're both ok!

So all day today I had Sharp pain shooting down in my hooha...then it seemed to just shoot down the right side, and a little bit back toward the bottom of my right butt cheek. I know I have been having some growing/stretching pains this week, but does this sound like baby may be hitting a nerve? It bothered me more when sitting down, and baby has a tendency to hang out on my right side. Just thought I'd ask, as this is the first time I've experienced something that I would possible classify as "pain" (though not bad), rather than just discomfort.

Who all has scans this coming week? If you do, are finding out gender?

Hope all of you ladies have a great weekend!

Almost Mama I have ongoing low back pain due to an injury and have found a combination of swimming and Pilates or yoga really helps to loosen and strengthen the muscles and decreases the pain considerably.

Jokerette How scary. I'm glade your little boy is okay and I hope you are not too soar for too long.:hugs:

Jokerette :hugs: that sounds awful, I'm so paranoid when driving on the motorway now even though I did it loads before I got pg. Often end up in the slow lane and really hate it in the rain. So glad you and kenny are ok, feel better soon xx

Our scan was great, we stayed :yellow: which I am so happy about although wonder if finding out would have helped OH feel more involved?

tiggertea, I got the form at my first midwife visit, sent it off straight away, got it back the following week as I forgot to sign it!!!:dohh: then reapplied and it came about a week later. I went to the dentists in meantime and just used my pg notes for exemption

Nathyrra, Julia and Stormynights, congrats on finding out the gender

and... A cantalope??? that sounds HUGE!, doesn't seem long since it was a rasberry!!

Jokerette - I'm so sorry to hear about the accident! That had to be extremely scary, but I'm happy to hear your LO is happy and healthy!!

Stormy - I looove your new picture! What a cute way to announce a :girl:!

We have the wedding of a VERY close friend this afternoon and I'll be doing a reading at the mass. I'm so worried about having a hormone attack and crying through the whole thing, lol. I'm just so happy for them! :) Plus, it's the last of 3 weddings this summer so I won't have to be the designated driver much longer! (OH doesn't really drink except for at weddings)

Jokerette, I am sorry to hear about your accident, but I am glad to hear that you and the baby are doing ok!! Congrats on your team :blue: :) Be sure to take it easy this weekend.

Jokerette so sorry to hear about your acciendent x

well a little update from the consultant yesterday.

I have my gender scan on the 3rd of october and then i have to go back for a scan to watch the blood flow and measure the cord (i had a seriously seriously long cord with my first pregnancy)

Then at 30 weeks i will have another scan to see how baby is doing and another check up with the consultant.

At 34 weeks i will be having a growth scan, then a scan once a week from then till delivery.

At 36 weeks i am have the strep b swob, not necessary really as i will have anti biotics any way but i want to be tested.

At 38 weeks (was 37 but had changed due to angels birthday) i will be induced :D i have to be in bed though at all times so that is my birth plan out the window :(

but i will be meeting my baby around the 3rd- 4th feb :D

I cant wait x

Has everybody's MS gone now or is anyone still suffering??
x

Im still feeling a little sickness now & then ~ Are you still suffering then? :shrug:

Oh my goodness ~ Thank the Lord that you & little Kenny are Ok :hugs:

Defo get plenty of rest, rest, rest....:flower: Take it very easy :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"