February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Would the other MW place do home visits? Might be worth the ask?

That was something I was wondering. The practice seems better set up than the one I'm with (I feel kind of guilty 'speaking badly' of my current MWs, but I really feel like I can't rely on the first one at this point :( Though I know she'd turn up during labour and help etc, it's just the lack of support and seemingly disinterest in making an effort) so it's possible we could arrange something like that..

I wonder also if I could do my own prenatal care, even part time, and just see the MWs less frequently and have them there for the birth.

I feel confident that I am capable of giving birth alone, with DH there... I'd actually feel better NOT having a MW watching...but then I start to feel anxious about not having someone there who knows exactly what to look out for..

Reassurance is important, even when you've been through it before, and the current MWs should know that. Especially when they're being paid a small fortune to do nothing more than THEIR JOBS! :grr:

If it were me, I would give the other place a call, just to have a chat and see what kind of "service" they could offer. It might be that they could work with you to give you the experience you want.

Loving all the wedding pics :wedding: You all look lovely :kiss:
I'm going to Croatia next Saturday for a week with my mum and grandma, I'm excited but I'm also a really nervous flyer and knowing I've got to look after Bumpy as well makes me more nervous. Anyone flown when pregnant before? Did you get special treatment?!

Well, im going to be flying from the Uk to Australia when I am 26 weeks pregnant! :wacko: Not ideal, but I have no choice! :dohh:

also when you ladies get a chance, vote on my thread ?
https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-club/734954-gender-scan-6-days-take-guess-me.html

Off to have a vote....:thumbup:

If you havent already, please go comment on my thread:coffee:

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-second-trimester/734244-pink-blue.html

Thankyou :hugs:

Alright he's my wedding and bump pictures....

Attachments

• CamilleGreg208.jpg
    CamilleGreg208.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 8
  • photo (2).jpg
    photo (2).jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 6
@ Laidee- you look beautiful too! Is that your mama in that one picture? What a beautiful family :cloud9:

^ you amazing!!!

so...sorry to change the topic but dh isn't sure about our girl name now :dohh: (not surpised lol)...he is digging Ariella...is that pronounced Aur-e-ella or Air-e-ella? :shrug:

One of my best friends is named Ariella. It's pronounced (for her anyways) Air-e-ella.

I would think to get an Aur-e-ella you'd need to spell it Auriella or something?

Oh yeah :dohh: i think you may be onto something there :blush:
I asked my friend, he was an English major at Penn State. He said, that it could work, but would probably have to correct people who said "air" instead of "aur". He did say to avoid confusion i should probably do the Auriella spelling, but it would *technically* be correct either spelling. With that said, you bring up a great point and we are really gonna have to reconsider the spelling :coffee:

saphire76 - :hi: Glad you are enjoying your vaca :D I can't wait to learn if you are carrying :pink: or :blue:!!!! Update us as soon as you know :yipee:

Junebugs - i thought i got rid of my MS last week, but this morning i vomited :sick: blah! Still no scan booked :(
Such a stunning bride and groom! :wedding: Great bumpage too :D

NightKD- congrats on your girl! ...i would be switching MWs if i were! Are you having a homebirth? Because the MW could come to you. Ohp, nm, saw your other replies :dohh: We have actually thought of having an UC. My mother had 5 babies and did one UC (with the last one bc she was sick of the hospital system). ...interesting fact: did you know the human race was nearly extinct at one point? Its true, there were probably less than 10 ppl on the planet...and you can bet all of their births were UC :winkwink:

KellyC75- thanks for your vote hun! :friends:

Wow, so much activity here. So many lovely wedding pictures and bumps. I've only been snapping a shot of my bump every other week, and I'm due to do it sometime this week. Too bad I wore my cutest maternity shirt yesterday :doh:!

Congrats to all those girls finding out pink or blue. Must be so fun to figure out more and more who your LO is going to turn out to be.

We've had quite the stressful two days. We finally (after two years of looking) put an offer in on a house that is almost ratified. I had a panic moment this morning when the lender's e-mail address was bouncing because he'd switched companies. We had to track him down. Now the sellers want to make it really difficult time-wise for us to get an inspection and appraisal and we're a bit stressed about it. I hope we can figure it out and actually buy this house so we can bring LO home to his or her own room instead of clearing space from the boxes stored in our 1 bedroom place now!

Girls I LOVE all the bump photos and the wedding photos!!! I'll add mine! :)

Redpop Dont worry about not feeling it yet... i think that is pretty normal. I mean we all wish we could feel it early, but dont be scared if you don't. Alot of my friends told me they felt flutters around 20+ weeks. I have not felt anything yet

New Hampshire Girls I am right near you too! I'm in Massachusetts 5 mins south of the New Hampshire border! :)

Hope youre all feeling good! It's nice that this conversation can start to be able really fun stuff like Bump photos and ultrasound and genderscans rather than feeling everyone nauseous and exhausted! ;)

Below photos are my 17 week bump, and my wedding back in 2007!

Attachments

• 17weeks pregnant bump.jpg
    17weeks pregnant bump.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 5
  • wedding378.jpg
    wedding378.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 5
  • wedding427.jpg
    wedding427.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 8
  • wedding639.jpg
    wedding639.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 4
once again, more lovely and beatiful pics! :wedding:

i think us New Hampshire/Mass girls should have a get together sometime!!!!! Seriously! i dont live too far from Portsmouth, and thats right handy to the mass boarder!

i think us New Hampshire/Mass girls should have a get together sometime!!!!! Seriously! i dont live too far from Portsmouth, and thats right handy to the mass boarder!

That would be fun someday! And playdates! (As long as you're not some 75 year old man pretending to be a pregnant lady ;) )

:rofl: hahaha of course not. lol
playdates would be fab. and i bet there is a lot to do for the LOs in boston too :D

That would be fun someday! And playdates! (As long as you're not some 75 year old man pretending to be a pregnant lady ;) )

Jokerette, LOL!! :rofl: Where in Mass are you?? My family all lives in Mass!! In face I was just there today to deliver some gender revealing cupcakes!!!!

I figured I would share my cupcake pictures with everyone! Along with my 18 week scan picture :) My little one was trying to eat her hand hehe

https://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee396/eleblanc999/Baby%20LeBlanc%20Feb%202012/18Weeksand2Days.jpg
https://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee396/eleblanc999/Baby%20LeBlanc%20Feb%202012/100_0007.jpg
https://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee396/eleblanc999/Baby%20LeBlanc%20Feb%202012/100_0017.jpg

The cupcakes are soooo cute!!!!!! What a fun idea!!!! :)

I'd rather not say the exact town for privacy reasons, but its near Lowell. We can Private Message in the future to setup a get-together!!! ;)

congrats on team pink!!! did i already say that? :dohh: im having trouble remembering who ive said that to :blush:

love those cuppy cakes!!!

The cupcakes are soooo cute!!!!!! What a fun idea!!!! :)

I'd rather not say the exact town for privacy reasons, but its near Lowell. We can Private Message in the future to setup a get-together!!! ;)

Thanks Jokerette! I messaged you by the way hehe.

Thanks Guppy! I think you already said congrats though, but I'll take another!! haha

@ Laidee- you look beautiful too! Is that your mama in that one picture? What a beautiful family :cloud9:

^ you amazing!!!

so...sorry to change the topic but dh isn't sure about our girl name now :dohh: (not surpised lol)...he is digging Ariella...is that pronounced Aur-e-ella or Air-e-ella? :shrug:

One of my best friends is named Ariella. It's pronounced (for her anyways) Air-e-ella.

I would think to get an Aur-e-ella you'd need to spell it Auriella or something?

Oh yeah :dohh: i think you may be onto something there :blush:
I asked my friend, he was an English major at Penn State. He said, that it could work, but would probably have to correct people who said "air" instead of "aur". He did say to avoid confusion i should probably do the Auriella spelling, but it would *technically* be correct either spelling. With that said, you bring up a great point and we are really gonna have to reconsider the spelling :coffee:

Lol, I was going to add something like that and totally forgot while I was typing! Haha, yes, you can obviously spell it, and pronounce it, any way you like. But like he said, I would imagine you'd have to correct people a lot if you spelt it Ariella and wanted the Au sound! But, if you like how Ariella looks the best and you like pronouncing it with the Au, then go for it! Either pronunciation and spelling - I love the name! :thumbup:

we live on an island off the coast of australia....
this is a photo i took myself last week
View attachment 264514
:D

Gorgeous! Jealous!! We're from Tampa so we get the ocean and beach and all...but still nothing like that!!! How big is the island???
thankyou :flower:
its not very big at all, im not sure how many miles it is, but its 12km across. there are about 2500 residents who live here

ahhhhhhhh i cant wait for my scan !!! its 2pm wednesday here and i feel like ripping my hair out im that excited for it !! only 5 more dayss..... 5 more days.... i wish i could sleep for the next 5 days !!
instead ive offered to baby sit my friends toddler on friday :shock: what have i gotten myself in to ! :dohh:

What lovely bumps and wedding pics!! You all look gorgeous and its nice to put a face to a name!
I will maybe share some of me sometime if I can find any nice ones of me (Im not married so have none where Im glammed up!!) and of my bump when it actually turns into a 'bump' as it still looks a funny shape..........

ooooh tiger - hope the 5 days fly by! I have 13 days until my next scan!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->