February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Good morning ladies!!!

I wanted to let you all know we're on team pink!!! We're having a little baby girl!!! We are so over the moon excited and I can't wait to start shopping and planning out the nursery!!!

Awww ~ Congrats :pink: :happydance::cloud9:

Dizzy - I admire your ability to resist! I keep saying maybe with #2 we'll stay yellow but I know I'd never do it. :haha: I'm so impatient, it's horrible. I'll vote on Monday when I get my answer! :D

We thought about staying :yellow: with this, our 4th.....But 0% patience = private gender scan :dance:

OOOOHHH 19 weeks today!! :happydance:

:wohoo: Almost half way!! :happydance:

So... i just came back from my scan and the sonographer did not want to tell me ANYTHING!!!!!

She did the scan of everything and would not even say a word to us about that at the end, which is fine.. whatever. Then she tried looking between the legs and the baby had it's legs closed the whole time! I asked her if she could look one more time and she did, the baby finally opened the legs and she said "you can see something sticking out there, but we will wait for your Dr. to confirm it". I looked at the screen and i am not a professional but i could see clear as day what looked like male genitals. It looked EXACTLY like all the male ultrasound pictures i have seen. But she would not say anything to us, so..... i guess i have to say i still don't know the sex or if my baby is healthy :(

Oh no! :dohh: Im sorry to hear that :hugs:

Although sounds like you could have a :blue: bump

So... i just came back from my scan and the sonographer did not want to tell me ANYTHING!!!!!

She did the scan of everything and would not even say a word to us about that at the end, which is fine.. whatever. Then she tried looking between the legs and the baby had it's legs closed the whole time! I asked her if she could look one more time and she did, the baby finally opened the legs and she said "you can see something sticking out there, but we will wait for your Dr. to confirm it". I looked at the screen and i am not a professional but i could see clear as day what looked like male genitals. It looked EXACTLY like all the male ultrasound pictures i have seen. But she would not say anything to us, so..... i guess i have to say i still don't know the sex or if my baby is healthy :(

Awwww im so sorry for the bad experience. Sounds like the tech didn't want to be there. I hate dealing with people like that. I need for you to enjoy your job! That really sucks :hugs:

Junebugs, that sucks!!! The lady at our scan told us she'd say a girl, because if it was a boy there would be a 'turtle' shape there... It really bothers me that we couldn't see the 3 white lines either... It would bother me more if she flat out refused to say anything though!!! :hissy: What a PITA! :hugs: I would be another one calling up and asking WTH is going on...

Awwww im so sorry for the bad experience. Sounds like the tech didn't want to be there. I hate dealing with people like that. I need for you to enjoy your job! That really sucks :hugs:

And what a lovely job they have too ~ Id love to share in such a special time with people :cloud9:

Thanks ladies!!! I'm kinda feeling really bummed out right now.. i wish i could have found out something!! I just want to know if s/he is healthy at least! I am thinking she really just didnt want to say anything and just wants to leave it all to my dr. She just didnt want to be responsible for anything if she said something that was different from the Dr. I have my Dr. appt. on Wednesday so i hope she can tell me more. I guess for now i am team yellow.

This is what i saw (it's another picture off the net but it looks EXACTLY like what i saw today). What would you think if you saw that???

Attachments

• 4758253648_1c68b9695a_o.jpg
    4758253648_1c68b9695a_o.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 20
I would definitely say boy! As long as you're sure it wasn't the cord or anything between the legs.

Looks like boy bits to me, as long as, like Night said, wasn't the cord. :)

This is what i saw (it's another picture off the net but it looks EXACTLY like what i saw today). What would you think if you saw that???

Sorry about the crappy tech :hugs:

BUT that picture... I can pretty much guarantee you are having a boy (as long as thats not a cord, but i really dont think so)!!!! i would be start shopping hahaha, that is such a boy!!!!! But def. see if the doc knows anything...im surprised the tech didn't say anything along the lines of "i am x% sure its a boy/girl". Usually if it's a girl, there will be 3 lines in between, but they wont protrude out further than the legs (like a boy would)

I attached DS ultrasound from when i was 17 weeks pregnant with him. then you can compare ;) Looks like your boy is pretty blessed :rofl: Then again, since youre further along than i was its def. more pronounced ;)

27263_10100268675079874_9379207_67907992_4981395_n.jpg

Junebugs, I am so sorry :( :hugs: I think sometimes tech's are just uncomfortable disclosing any information? I have to get a scan every 3 weeks to check on the cerclage and everytime I'm there I ask the tech how it looks and she ALWAYS tells me the same thing "Well I have to send the pictures over to your doctor and he'll let you know what he thinks :)" And sure enough it's always good news. Maybe she just wanted to get a second opinion before giving you a definite answer? Talk to your doctor and see if s/he'll set you up with another ultrasound appointment. My friend went at 18 weeks and they told her the baby was being stubborn, so they rescheduled her for 2 weeks later and she found out she is having a boy :) I know a lot of places are really stubborn about getting an ultrasound just to find out the gender, but I think if you tell your doctor it's really eating away at you and you really need to know s/he'll might work something out for you :D I hope all is well <3 :hugs:

Zombie, where are you delivering at? (dont have to say if you dont feel comfortable). Im going to the Concord Birth Center...its a one hr drive so im a little nervous...but i love the MWs there. I had DS at WentworthDouglass hospital in dover...loved the water birth...hated fighting the system....hated they took him away for soo long :( but other than that it was good.

Zombie, where are you delivering at? (dont have to say if you dont feel comfortable). Im going to the Concord Birth Center...its a one hr drive so im a little nervous...but i love the MWs there. I had DS at WentworthDouglass hospital in dover...loved the water birth...hated fighting the system....hated they took him away for soo long :( but other than that it was good.

CMC here in Manchester. They have BEAUTIFUL mother's rooms! And all the doctors there are so nice. I wanted to try a water birth but I don't think that will be an option with my situation. I honestly think they are going to end up giving me a c-section. But whatever gets my little one here safe and healthy is okay with me :)

CMC here in Manchester. They have BEAUTIFUL mother's rooms! And all the doctors there are so nice. I wanted to try a water birth but I don't think that will be an option with my situation. I honestly think they are going to end up giving me a c-section. But whatever gets my little one here safe and healthy is okay with me :)

well thats great! i may have to go to their site to see these birthing rooms! lol
ive heard some good things about CMC ;) Thats great that you are so at ease and have a wonderful mindset about the birth! Healthy baby is always a good thing :D ...and im sort of jealous that you get ultrasounds every 3 weeks :blush: haha

well thats great! i may have to go to their site to see these birthing rooms! lol
ive heard some good things about CMC ;) Thats great that you are so at ease and have a wonderful mindset about the birth! Healthy baby is always a good thing :D ...and im sort of jealous that you get ultrasounds every 3 weeks :blush: haha

You should definitely check out CMC, it's closer to you than Concord. I like the idea that I get an ultrasound every 3 weeks but sometimes it's annoying because it's ALWAYS an internal, and sometimes they don't even look at the little one, they are just concerned about the cerclage :( I'll send you a message with the link to see the rooms once I find it :D

Thanks for the message :D

oh yeah :dohh: that would get annoying, especially having an internal prob and not seeing the beany :hugs:

Junebugs, I am so sorry :( :hugs: I think sometimes tech's are just uncomfortable disclosing any information? I have to get a scan every 3 weeks to check on the cerclage and everytime I'm there I ask the tech how it looks and she ALWAYS tells me the same thing "Well I have to send the pictures over to your doctor and he'll let you know what he thinks :)" And sure enough it's always good news. Maybe she just wanted to get a second opinion before giving you a definite answer? Talk to your doctor and see if s/he'll set you up with another ultrasound appointment. My friend went at 18 weeks and they told her the baby was being stubborn, so they rescheduled her for 2 weeks later and she found out she is having a boy :) I know a lot of places are really stubborn about getting an ultrasound just to find out the gender, but I think if you tell your doctor it's really eating away at you and you really need to know s/he'll might work something out for you :D I hope all is well <3 :hugs:

I think your 100% right on that. I really don't think she wanted to say ANYTHING to me. Honestly i really hope my Dr. tells me and if not i will just book a privite 4D scan. We were planing on it anyways but from what i saw i am really sure it's a boy.

Thanks girls!!! You are all so sweet!!! :hugs: You are all making me feel so much better. I think i would have rather just have had it's legs crossed the whole time then me seeing something and being so sure on it but not getting and confermation on it.. not even an "i'm 80% sureor something.."

Swan- I love consignment shops but we have 3 kids ones and none of them carry maternity! dumb right? There is this huge kids consignment sale at the end of the month that they are having at the college so hopefully I can get some stuff there.

I am also going to the world largest yard sale and as long as baby is not hiding it's self again I can start getting stuff there too!! yipee

June- Ugh no more scans? boo. Did she not give you any pic or is she sending them to the dr. then you get them? Well I hope you know more on Wed I'm sure you will. It is weird that she wants the Dr. to look because my Dr. was looking for 5 minutes I was hoping a sonographer would know more.lol

I think your 100% right on that. I really don't think she wanted to say ANYTHING to me. Honestly i really hope my Dr. tells me and if not i will just book a privite 4D scan. We were planing on it anyways but from what i saw i am really sure it's a boy.

Thanks girls!!! You are all so sweet!!! :hugs: You are all making me feel so much better. I think i would have rather just have had it's legs crossed the whole time then me seeing something and being so sure on it but not getting and confermation on it.. not even an "i'm 80% sureor something.."

Where she told you that she thought she saw something but your doctor needs to confirm is, that leads me to believe that she's just gonna have your doctor go over everything with you. Hopefully you hear back soon! Waiting is so annoying.... as if we all don't have enough thing to wait on! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->