February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Just checking in. The baby has just spent an hour kicking its sister in the back as she sat on my lap!

I keep getting pains too! Bad ones. I keep thinking its gas as TMI but I can't go to the bathroom its been. 3 days ugh!!!

Anyways my new scan is Tuesday baby wait!

:cloud9:

:wohoo: Only 3 more days until we find out boy or girl!!!:wohoo:
i have a MW appt Tuesday morning, so hopefully that will make the time go by quickly!

I keep getting pains too! Bad ones. I keep thinking its gas as TMI but I can't go to the bathroom its been. 3 days ugh!!!
!

When i had bad pains the MW asked when i went to the loo last. :blush: she said being constipated can actually cause pains, since theres less room and all.

saphire - lactulose is good (and allowed in pregnancy) for your current problem. :thumbup:
It's just a thick sugary syrup. Not sure if it has the same name there though!

OK i have a question for all the ladies that already have had children....

So i went out shopping today for some clothes and i had never felt so over whelmed. I have heard from so many people that i should just buy a couple new born clothes because they grow out of it sooo fast. What would you all say? Should i be getting more 3-6months clothing and less 0-3 or the same amount.
I am also confused because when the baby is 3-6 months we will be starting to get into another season so i am not sure what i should be buying!!! :wacko: I NEED HELP!!! lol!!!

saphire - lactulose is good (and allowed in pregnancy) for your current problem. :thumbup:
It's just a thick sugary syrup. Not sure if it has the same name there though!

In the US i think its called Karo syrup and you can get it at walmart :thumbup:

personally, i thought Colace did the best job. I was sooo constipated from the Zofran they put me on with DS. I tried EVERYTHING, eating high fiber foods, drinking water, eating greasy foods, metamucil, other similar items. I even bought an enema which the docs said i would be forced to use if i didn't poo :blush: finally tried Colace and it was my saving grace! haha but i hear the Karo is great too! and its safe if your infant gets constipated too. Techincally you are considered constipated when you have gone 3 or more days without doing a #2, no matter what your "norm:" is.

OK i have a question for all the ladies that already have had children....

So i went out shopping today for some clothes and i had never felt so over whelmed. I have heard from so many people that i should just buy a couple new born clothes because they grow out of it sooo fast. What would you all say? Should i be getting more 3-6months clothing and less 0-3 or the same amount.
I am also confused because when the baby is 3-6 months we will be starting to get into another season so i am not sure what i should be buying!!! :wacko: I NEED HELP!!! lol!!!

Okay, so if you have a baby shower, most of the ppl that get you clothing will get you newborn size...however, but you still might not get enough. Personally i say go to thrift stores or second hand stores, or yard sales. I try not to buy anything new (unless i need a holiday outfit or just want to get something very nice for the LO). They blow through the smaller size really quickly but you'll have that with almost all sizes (id say from birth-12 months the sizes change rapidly). You will find that some 0-3 months clothing is WAY too big for a new baby, and then others will fit perfectly...or some are too small. You will find some "newborn" size clothing way smaller than 0-3, but then you will find them the same size as 3 months :dohh: i just say get an even amount of clothing. Dont blow through your cash until after your shower to see what you get (some is okay, but dont spend every penny, you just never know what you'll get!). Since you wont know your babys size at birth, get a few "newborn" sizes, get some 0-3, and maybe even 3-6 but basically i say cross that bridge when you get there...its tough to plan ahead simply because you have no idea how big/small they will be through the months. I know a 15 month old who is still in 6 month clothing, whereas my 12 month old is in 18 month clothing. Its just so hard to know so i wouldn't buy much too far in advance, unless you find a GREAT sale.:thumbup: We have PLENTY of clothing he has worn once and then was grown out of by the time it was washed. in the begining you'll deal with spit-up, vomit, leaks, etc and you'll be changing clothes often. I say get a butt ton of onsies, they are cheap and they do the trick.

junebugs - I found Abbie was in newborn for quite a while, but she was 7lb 6oz at birth so well within the weight/size limits. I guess it really depends on the size at birth! (I'm no help am I?! :haha:)
I also found most people we had gifts from bought clothes in 0-3 months and 3-6 months, so we only had to buy from 6m onwards!

I also agree with what Guppy said about not knowing what size you'll need til nearer the time.... Abbie is 2.5 and still in quite a few 12-18 month items, and mostly 18-24 months!

^ yep, and also at birth too. My cousin birthed a 10 pounder....she was NEVER in newborn clothing lol, but isaiah was newborn clothing for maybe...one month??

When we started, you had to literally sift through and find the smallest clothing in the closet in order for him to fit, then all of a sudden he didn't fit those and we had to dig to find the 0-3 months.

THANK YOU SO MUCH GIRLS!!! This is why i iam so happy i am part of this group !!! I did go to a second had store today and bough a lot of clothes for almost nothing! See that was my problem i just wish i knew what my babies weight is going to be. So i am just going to wait until my shower and see then and see.... i figure i would be safe with alot of oneies

Good tips on the clothing ladies!!! Thats such a good point that big babies might never be in newborn clothing, or not for long at all!

Exciting news! I have started feeling small movements! I am so happy and excited to finally feel something! I have a felt a couple times the "popping" or "fluttering" that people describe, but usually its more of a dull pressure that lasts for about 30 seconds. Like he is moving or kicking out through a layer of padding. I think it makes sense that it is dulled because I am feeling it through the anterior placenta. I LOVE feeling him move!!!!

I have the same issue with clothes. It's so hard to figure out what you'll need, how much, etc etc. I know I have FAR too many newborn and 0-3 months clothes right now. But I think we only got a few that we bought new and those were on clearance, lol. Everything else we bought at consignment shops (where I look for the stuff that is actually new or looks new) or I did get a box FULL of newborn stuff for 20$. It's more than he'll probably wear...but I figure we didn't spend a lot on it, he'll wear my favorites, and stuff that I don't love I can always resell. We went to this Huge consignment thing that comes to town a couple times a year yesterday and even there, I think we bought 5 outfits. One was 0-3 and I think the other 4 were 3-6. Got those because I LOVED them...and they were really cheap! LOL

Went shopping with a friend today at Best Buy and saw that the Halloween Disney movies were on sale! Disney movies are almost the only DVDs that I buy (I'm addicted...) and they had Halloweentown High on sale! I have the other 3 in the series so I was super excited to see it and absolutely bought it, lol. That was all I got though, so I was a good girl. The friend I went with bought an external hard drive, iPad 2, and some accessories. She wasn't so good, lol. But she NEEDED the hard drive and she doesn't have a laptop so I know she'll love the iPad. I have the first generation so I was a bit jealous, lol! ;-)

Hi ladies:hugs:

thought i would drop by and update! first bit of news is that I am officially team PINK!! I am super happy as it means I will have 2 of each and as its my last one this is icing on the cake. If my name can be updated on first page that would be great:flower:
second bit of news is that at the scan they spotted i have a low placenta which is partially blocking the cervix, if it stays it would mean automatic c-section. However they didnt seem overly worried and I am scheduled to be rescanned to see if placenta will move up, apparently up tp 90% do. Fingers crossed.

Me and OH have picked a name: Lexi Bliss
we really love it. both parts have a very special meaning to us both. lexi is a female version of Alex, which is the name of OH's brother in law who died a few years ago to cancer. he was like a surrogate father to my Oh ( big age gap in their family). we were going to have it as a middle name but we both realised how much we love it:cloud9: Bliss is from Sister Bliss, who is the female in the dance band Faithless. It was the first concert we went to together. i said it as a joke firstly, then we put lexi and Bliss together and it seemed perfect to us.

anyway, will try and catch up on more of the thread. I have been clothes shopping on Ebay a lot. i know from experience they can be out of those newborn sizes in 2 weeks.
hugs to all xx

pixi, love that name :cloud9: and congrats on team :pink:!!!

try not to worry yourself about your placenta yet :hugs: in most cases, as your baby grows and your pregnancy gets further, the placenta will move up :D I bet you'll be able to try for a vaginal birth :flower:

JohnsPrincess- killer deal on the clothing!!!

Beautiful bumpage tiger!!!!

Congrats on staying smoke free for so long!! Thats awesome hun!

and our times are soo different! lol Its only 9:13PM Sunday night here! No wonder we are hardley ever on at the same time :dohh: lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->