February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

So many of you ladies already have LOs! I feel like such a newbie on my first. Can't wait to be a family of 3, though. Crazy to hear about each kid's different sleep habits!

We went to a children's consignment sale this weekend. It was a big bust because everything was either pink or blue and we don't have our anatomy scan until October 12! So we'll just hold off buying baby stuff for a while yet, I guess. It's still early yet.

I don't know if I've felt any movement yet and I'm getting antsy. Really ready for my OB appointment tomorrow because I haven't heard the HB in 4 weeks and can't say for sure if I've felt any movement. Thought I felt something Friday but it seemed way higher in my belly than all the books say your uterus is at 17 weeks, so who knows?

Amanda, I know how you feel.... since I was 15 with Grant (DS1) I did not know the difference in the location of the placenta, and frankly my drs didn't really say anything about it. The problem started when I was stuck at 2 cm and only 25% effaced from like 32 weeks until 41 weeks when I was induced due to low fluid! They gave me the hormones to help with effacing.... then they broke my water at 5 the next morning. I stayed at 6 cm for 6 hours, even though I had been having really strong contractions. Got to 10cm in about 30 minutes due to changing positions. I started pushing at 5pm and I pushed for 3 hours before the doctor even cared to realize that he was turned and that his face was stuck on my pelvic bone. So at that point she just started to use forceps and try to assist him out. 3 hours 41 minutes after starting to push he was finally here.

So, we have done this before, hopefully this time won't be so bad for us. :hugs:

Tiger, you need to get to see the Drs too!!! If it starts to hurt too much more you better go to an ER if possible!! I love all of you ladies, and I hate hearing bad things (or even really really sucky things). You hurting is not good!!

I agree, we have done it before and we can do it again, and who knows we may not have to do it again at all :flower:

I was in transition for 9 freaking hours :shock: they say transition last anywhere from 15 min to 2.5 hours...erm so much for that! :dohh: Anyways, we have got to think positive. This time will be different. We may not even have this trouble and if we do we KNOW we can handle it and perhaps it will be easier this go around since the last baby paved the way ;)

MW appt tomorrow AM at 11 :) Can't wait! i love seeing them! Its a one hr drive (i got to a FSBC), and i dont have child care, which can be a challenge when the appt. last one hr in duration...the MWs dont care, but its tough keeping DS occupied. So anyways, my good friend is gonna tag along :) she may even take pro pictures for us at the birth so it will be nice for her to see the place and get to know my two MWs :D

tiger, i hope he gets feeling better really soon :hugs:

I love this chatty group! Would love even more for my laptop to be fixed so I didn't have to read 15 pages from my phone! Congrats on all the new :pink: & :blue: bumps!! Sorry I'm not better about quoting and keeping up. I work 40+ hours, and am also coaching a college volleyball team. When I hit the bed, my eyes are usually drifting shut trying to catch up on our group...

Guppy, its almost scan day! :)

I too feel so behind with this being my first baby. :) The benefit is all the advice we first timers can get from you experienced mommys!!

Playing the name game hard with my hubby...how do you ladies have multiple children? lol I think we'll have to stop at one at the rate we're going naming baby girl!

haha, thanks hun! i can't wait!!!!

names....eh, they come and go lol.

names are always an issue lol
my little man has a middle ear infection :( poor little guy, his temp shot right up and he was really floppy and lethargic i took him in right away.
i quickly had a chat about my cervix, he wants to see me tomorrow because he doesnt think its normal :wacko: what will they do ? urine to make sure its not an infection ? i know i dont have a uti, i usually get every damn symptom with them.

I havent read back properly yet...Going shopping today with my Sis :hugs: So got heaps to do before school run!

I can feel the love though :friends: I love this group too

Tiger~ Hope Jesse gets well soon :bunny: There really is nothing worse than your LO being poorly :nope:

Thanks girls you're sooo encouraging.
Guppy I could change midwife by changing doctors surgery, but our doctors are pretty good (although as with any NHS doctors hard to get an appointent with!!)
When I say I felt like a failure, I mean..my body hadn't done what it was made to do. Women are designed to give birth and I couldn't do it without help. Then there was the big suction bruise on Liam's head reminded me I'd failed him.
I think IF I do need assistance this time I'll be demanding forceps instead of ventouse.

I'm quite suprised you were allowed to push for 6 hours. I had meconium in my waters and was told I had an hour to get him out. I don't know if it was the epidural, or maybe my body just needed more time, but I had no urge to push at all so I was trying to force it but don't know how effectively I was actually pushing because I could hardly feel anything.

I'm refusing ARM and internals this time so hopefully I'll be more relaxed and not pressured. That way I can just listen to my body and do what I need to do...not what I'm told to do (I HATE being told what to do!!)

names are always an issue lol
my little man has a middle ear infection :( poor little guy, his temp shot right up and he was really floppy and lethargic i took him in right away.
i quickly had a chat about my cervix, he wants to see me tomorrow because he doesnt think its normal :wacko: what will they do ? urine to make sure its not an infection ? i know i dont have a uti, i usually get every damn symptom with them.

:hugs: Liam had an ear infection a few weeks back. Really not nice his temp shot up very quick. He went from being fine to ill in a matter of minutes.

Hope Jesse feels better soon, Has he been given antibiotics?

:brat::brat:Morning ladies!

Dizzy- good luck this am can't wait to hear how big little bubs is getting.

I have my scan at 12:00 yay so excited :) they will need security if they don't tell me what this baby is today I'm not leaving lol. There is a giant consignment sale that starts tonight and I want to get the swing and some other stuff SO I WANNA KNOW !!!!!!

hope you can see the part saphire!!! Can't blame ya there!!! be sure to drink lots of cold OJ before hand :winkwink:

Has anyone done the Iridology thing? Is it correct for you? My results say either boy/girl twins :shock: OR a girl as i have this in both my eyes. This will be lots of fun tomorrow when i go for my scan!!!!

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-second-trimester/208874-has-anyone-heard-true-anyone.html

Thanks girls you're sooo encouraging.
Guppy I could change midwife by changing doctors surgery, but our doctors are pretty good (although as with any NHS doctors hard to get an appointent with!!)
When I say I felt like a failure, I mean..my body hadn't done what it was made to do. Women are designed to give birth and I couldn't do it without help. Then there was the big suction bruise on Liam's head reminded me I'd failed him.
I think IF I do need assistance this time I'll be demanding forceps instead of ventouse.

I'm quite suprised you were allowed to push for 6 hours. I had meconium in my waters and was told I had an hour to get him out. I don't know if it was the epidural, or maybe my body just needed more time, but I had no urge to push at all so I was trying to force it but don't know how effectively I was actually pushing because I could hardly feel anything.

I'm refusing ARM and internals this time so hopefully I'll be more relaxed and not pressured. That way I can just listen to my body and do what I need to do...not what I'm told to do (I HATE being told what to do!!)

the urge to push didn't come very often for me either. I think thats very charactieristic of a posterior baby though, since not as much of the head is pushing down like in an anterior baby. They allowed me to push for so long because there wasn't anything negative going on for me or him. Plus my contractions were only coming about once every 6 minutes, and thats also why it took so long. They never spoke of assistance or anything simply because they knew i went that long unassisted/unmedicated and bc they respected that if i was okay and bubs was okay, then i didn't want it. He did have terminal meconium, but that is far different than regular meconium. Terminal its just something that happens on the way out, its not a form of distress like regular.

im surprised they did internals on you so much? they flat out refused bc of risk of infection. They checked me maybe 3x the entire time. mainly bc i was showing since of transition at 5cm so it was logical to think i could be nearing 10cm. Then i started pushing at 8cm and thats when they did a couple checks. apparently needing to push early is common with a posterior.

personally i would go vacum instead of forceps...forceps are lot worse than vacum....they cause much more damage to the babys head and they usually hurt your parts more because they are so much bigger.
but i think you did awesome! and you were made to birth this baby because you did :D

My ds was sunny side up too. It was terrible kinda why I'm so scared this time. 24 hrs of labor and 3 hrs of pushing I gave myself a black eye from straining lol. He also had meconium so I isn't even get to hold him as soon as he came out :( praying this will be easier and I get my baby all gooey Lmbo

I had forceps with Abbie and she had a wee graze and bruise near her eye. I guess both methods have their downsides. :(

Hi ladies. I'm still on bed rest and honestly can get used to being at home :) I feel so relaxed right now that the thought of going back to work next week saddens me. I think my baby girl is also enjoying mommy being so relaxed cos she's been kicking up a storm. I've even felt her kick from the outside. I've just gotten off the phone with hubby. I'm craving chocolate caramel cupcakes so my darling husband is getting some for me on his way home. Yum, I can't wait :)

Hope you are all well.

I agree about forceps not necessarily being better, Grant still has indentions on the the sides of his head from them, and he is 5! Hopefully you won't need them this time!!

Tiger, I hope Jesse gets better!! I hate ear infections!!

So many of you ladies already have LOs! I feel like such a newbie on my first. Can't wait to be a family of 3, though. Crazy to hear about each kid's different sleep habits!

We went to a children's consignment sale this weekend. It was a big bust because everything was either pink or blue and we don't have our anatomy scan until October 12! So we'll just hold off buying baby stuff for a while yet, I guess. It's still early yet.

I don't know if I've felt any movement yet and I'm getting antsy. Really ready for my OB appointment tomorrow because I haven't heard the HB in 4 weeks and can't say for sure if I've felt any movement. Thought I felt something Friday but it seemed way higher in my belly than all the books say your uterus is at 17 weeks, so who knows?

Where do you live? We went to a children's consignment sale this weekend, too, LOL

Honestly, I wasn't sure I'd felt movement until the past week or so. Now that he's moving more, I know that I DID feel him before (very sporadically) but I just wasn't sure it was him. So try not to worry!!

:brat::brat:Morning ladies!

Dizzy- good luck this am can't wait to hear how big little bubs is getting.

I have my scan at 12:00 yay so excited :) they will need security if they don't tell me what this baby is today I'm not leaving lol. There is a giant consignment sale that starts tonight and I want to get the swing and some other stuff SO I WANNA KNOW !!!!!!

Is your consignment sale Rhea Lana's?? Love that sale!! We went this weekend and got some really nice stuff!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->