February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

I was sooo tired today I slept until almost 1030!!! I'm still tired and just not feeling like cleaning or putting anything away. Dh will be Oh So Pleased if I just sit here and do nothing all day, lol.

Thanks girls you're sooo encouraging.
Guppy I could change midwife by changing doctors surgery, but our doctors are pretty good (although as with any NHS doctors hard to get an appointent with!!)
When I say I felt like a failure, I mean..my body hadn't done what it was made to do. Women are designed to give birth and I couldn't do it without help. Then there was the big suction bruise on Liam's head reminded me I'd failed him.
I think IF I do need assistance this time I'll be demanding forceps instead of ventouse.

I'm quite suprised you were allowed to push for 6 hours. I had meconium in my waters and was told I had an hour to get him out. I don't know if it was the epidural, or maybe my body just needed more time, but I had no urge to push at all so I was trying to force it but don't know how effectively I was actually pushing because I could hardly feel anything.

I'm refusing ARM and internals this time so hopefully I'll be more relaxed and not pressured. That way I can just listen to my body and do what I need to do...not what I'm told to do (I HATE being told what to do!!)

the urge to push didn't come very often for me either. I think thats very charactieristic of a posterior baby though, since not as much of the head is pushing down like in an anterior baby. They allowed me to push for so long because there wasn't anything negative going on for me or him. Plus my contractions were only coming about once every 6 minutes, and thats also why it took so long. They never spoke of assistance or anything simply because they knew i went that long unassisted/unmedicated and bc they respected that if i was okay and bubs was okay, then i didn't want it. He did have terminal meconium, but that is far different than regular meconium. Terminal its just something that happens on the way out, its not a form of distress like regular.

im surprised they did internals on you so much? they flat out refused bc of risk of infection. They checked me maybe 3x the entire time. mainly bc i was showing since of transition at 5cm so it was logical to think i could be nearing 10cm. Then i started pushing at 8cm and thats when they did a couple checks. apparently needing to push early is common with a posterior.

personally i would go vacum instead of forceps...forceps are lot worse than vacum....they cause much more damage to the babys head and they usually hurt your parts more because they are so much bigger.
but i think you did awesome! and you were made to birth this baby because you did :D

I have the BIGGEST dent in the back of my head from the vaccum... i just thank good i am a girl because you can't see it because of my hair but you can feel it. If i was a boy i would have a pretty funny looking head

hope you can see the part saphire!!! Can't blame ya there!!! be sure to drink lots of cold OJ before hand :winkwink:

Has anyone done the Iridology thing? Is it correct for you? My results say either boy/girl twins :shock: OR a girl as i have this in both my eyes. This will be lots of fun tomorrow when i go for my scan!!!!

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-second-trimester/208874-has-anyone-heard-true-anyone.html

It was correct for me....

Also Tiger- What is going on with your cervix? Are you feeling pressure on it? I would def. have that checked soon! The Dr. is most likely going to check and see if your cervix is open at all.

Ooh tiger, I missed that you are having a girl, congrats!

Sorry that some of you had crap births last time round. I didn't get the birth I had wanted... I had plkanned a home birth but Ilana was 16 days late and I ended up being induced. It was a huge PITA and the short-staffed ward was horrid, and I don't want to repeat it. La kept getting stuck and they said at one stage she was back to back (I was gutted as I'd been laying on my left side and bouncing on a bloody ball for months, plus watching tv on all fours across the bloomin' ball too!) I don't recall if she was back to back when she came out but it was so frustrating that she kept going back in after each push - I felt like a hoover!

I panicked majorly as my contractions started very suddenly at a minute long and 45 seconds apart and it was scary... My mum had gone on holiday (she cried the whole way leaving me) and my husband and 18 eyar old sister were panicking too. The panic was the worst thing.

This time I am not going to let them pressure me into induction. I am also going to try reflexology or acupuncture if I am overdue as none of the old wives tales worked and the midwives told me after I was induced that I should have tried reflexology or acupuncture (bit late, then!) I am also going to try to stay calmer. My godmother is a hypnotherapist and is doing some hypnobirth sessions for husband and I which is wonderful. I know I can do it without an epidural (it didn't work last time so I know I can) but I need some tools to stay calm.

I am also going to speak to someone from the hospital about my last birth... you have to request your notes and ask for someone to go over them with you but I think it will be worth it as I still don't really know what went on.

Back from my MW appt :D
It went very well, BP was good (108/68). KBs heartbeat was in the high 150s :cloud9: I am still 2 pounds under prepregnancy weight but the MW was concerned, just said to keep an eye on it....I never got back to my prepregnancy weight with DS until 30 weeks, so im actually doing better this time :blush: ....and I lost about 10lbs from week 7-17 due to bad MS (2-4/5x per day), so i guess im not doing so bad :thumbup:

:wohoo:LESS THAN 21 HOURS UNTIL GENDER SCAN:wohoo:

Hi back from my scan......She starts the scan and is like well baby is head down and but up but facing the wrong way good for birth bad for scans. I was like I cannot believe this is happening right now:growlmad: So I said pretty much I am not leaving till I know I can't take this. She says oh don't say that your going to have to go because I have appointments booked all day I'll try some more but you may have to come back in 2 weeks so I can get all my measurements. We brought our son with us and he says we are going to find out what we are having today and she says to him I wish mommy's and daddy's wouldn't say that because sometimes you can't! ugh I am so ready to cry now Joe says go walk around and she says there is no time I told her I will stand on my head I swear. She looks some more gives Jonas a picture then swings the monitor around since I have been sitting in the dark not seeing anything while I was laying there says to my husband see those 3 lines right there? That is the labia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cloud9:

I AM HAVING A GIRL!!! A GIRL THAT'S RIGHT A GIRL!!!!

My husband says are you like 80% 100% she said how about 110%?:cloud9:
I can't right now I can't. I am so excited!!!
Shopping tonight!!!!!!!

:wohoo::yipee::happydance::dance: congrats saphire!!!!!!! i am so thrilled for you! :dance:

i was angry at the tech while i was reading, but then i saw the last couple sentence and my heart grew for you. congrats girl!

Congrats Saphire!~

I haven't been on in days because we've been busy... and I'm like... 20 pages behind? xD

Really busy week ahead of me, and weekend, so I doubt I'll fully catch up... but I hope everyone's doing well! :D

tonight and tomorrow morning is going to take forever!!! ahh, i just want to knowwww lol only 19 more hours! haha

LOL I will definitely come back tomorrow; and now obviously. ;) I just don't think there's any way I'll be able to read back 20 pages and catch up completely. LOL.

:dance: I can't wait to hear what you're having though, eee!

Sheesh we have a lot of girlies on this board, I just realized that when I looked at the full tally. :haha:

hhahaha now worries lol. it can be a challenge keeping up with this thread...im sure you'll be able to check my siggy haha

Sheesh we have a lot of girlies on this board, I just realized that when I looked at the full tally. :haha:

i saw that too! its crazy! seems like they come in sprouts. when i was preggo with DS almost everyone had boys, this time girls....will see how it ends up once team :yellow: has their LOs :cloud9:

Yes, the end result will be exciting, no doubt!

Are you planning on a water-birth for this baby, Guppy?

LOL. I just read your story and I was like, "Hm, I'm gonna assume she's doing water again," but I wasn't sure. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->