February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

haha, yep :D or at least thats my plan :D now that could change during labor, but i really dont see that happening lol oh and ignore my boobs in those pics :blush: haha guess when you labor without drugs you just dont give a crap about being naked :haha:

HAHA. Hey whatever, it's a pregnancy board - there's no TMI scale, right? ;)

I haven't made any decisions about delivery yet. Haven't even really thought about it yet. That's probably horrible of me... :( haha

HAHA. Hey whatever, it's a pregnancy board - there's no TMI scale, right? ;)

amen to that girl! :haha:

nah, not bad of you :D i think the biggest thing is learning about the process, i think fear is the biggest thing to deal with and it makes birth more a challenge and actually hurt more. the more education, the better, whether you decide to get pain relief or not, educating yourself is the best thing you can do :flower: but as per plans, i think youre good :flower:

i recommend any readings by Bradley, Penny Simpkin, and Ina May Gaskin...and dont watch a baby store or OBEM ;)

I always giggle if people say, "TMI" (which I have done before, lol) because well, anything's fair game here,it's time to chat about babies and vaginas and boobs. :p

Thanks for the tips, I'll definitely do some research! My OBG hasn't said anything yet and I just haven't really considered it. Before I got pregnant I was like, "I'm having a c-section because I don't wanna mess up my hoohah." Yeah vanity, you win. LOL. But ever since I actually found out I was pregnant, anytime people ask I go, "I don't know yet, I have time to think about it."

Not like it's anyone's business anyway, but everyone has an opinion. My younger friends mostly say do the c-section, older family friends all say if I don't go completely natural then I'm not enduring birth as a woman is meant to do. I kind of wish they'd all shove it and let me choose what's best for me. lol.

ETA// I should add, I've changed my mind about the wanting a csec for the hoohah. I just don't know if I want to try completely natural or medicated or what. LOL. too many optionssss.

I totally agree on the water thing!! :D I don't remember if I mentioned but I don't have a MW full stop now... She dropped me... I was going to rent a La Bassine pool from her for $45, but now I'm looking at buying one... Though that's another $160 we can't really afford... Just paid $590 for my Green Card to be renewed :dohh: I still have my birth pool from last time, but it's OLD and got punctured because DH let the cat get in it even though I specifically told him NOT TOO :grr: My floor deflated and the sides kept going down, so DH had to pump them up by mouth throughout my labour :lol::dohh: It can be fixed I'm sure, but I was set on a La Bassine this time around...

I also either have to buy Hypnobabies again or find someone who can lend me the booklet (I have the tracks saved)...

Peawich was really unhappy about me laying on my left side in bed last night :haha: I could literally feel a little hand punching at the bed and made DH feel because it was such a defined movement!! :D

I'm having a lot of back/hip pain atm, it started with just my hips, but my tailbone is REALLY painful at times... It seems to vary between that hurting and me needing to pee constantly, so I think it's Peawich pressing on a nerve (sciatic nerve perhaps)... I've been trying to find a support to help with it, but they're expensive new... We should have the last of the big hospital bill from DD's birth paid off next month! Yay! I just hope we can qualify for Medicaid incase we have to go into hospital again this time, or avoid going into hospital full stop... Unfortunately the money that will be freed up by that bill going away, has to go towards a credit card bill (from us paying off other medical bills from my ER trips earlier in the pregnancy).. Never-ending!!! :wacko:

I cut out the fabric to make one of my postpartum pads, but I'm scared to start sewing because I suck at sewing along edges and the fabric is good stuff!! :lol: I think I'm going to get some fabric to make a newborn 'coming home' outfit also... :)

There's a really neat tutorial I found for making gowns out of old t-shirts also that I would like to give a try:

https://thismamamakesstuff.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/rockin-newborn-gown.pdf

(scroll all the way to the bottom to see the finished article) I found these super convenient for diaper changes, but we only had 1-2 for DD.

Hi back from my scan.........S then swings the monitor around since I have been sitting in the dark not seeing anything while I was laying there says to my husband see those 3 lines right there? That is the labia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cloud9:

I AM HAVING A GIRL!!! A GIRL THAT'S RIGHT A GIRL!!!!

My husband says are you like 80% 100% she said how about 110%?:cloud9:
I can't right now I can't. I am so excited!!!
Shopping tonight!!!!!!!
CONGRATS SAPHIRE!!!!! A LITTLE GIRL! HOORAY!!!

swanxx, my gender scan is tomorrow so you better come back :haha:
have fun tomorrow Guppy!!! Cant wait! :)

I always giggle if people say, "TMI" (which I have done before, lol) because well, anything's fair game here,it's time to chat about babies and vaginas and boobs. :p

Thanks for the tips, I'll definitely do some research! My OBG hasn't said anything yet and I just haven't really considered it. Before I got pregnant I was like, "I'm having a c-section because I don't wanna mess up my hoohah." Yeah vanity, you win. LOL. But ever since I actually found out I was pregnant, anytime people ask I go, "I don't know yet, I have time to think about it."

Not like it's anyone's business anyway, but everyone has an opinion. My younger friends mostly say do the c-section, older family friends all say if I don't go completely natural then I'm not enduring birth as a woman is meant to do. I kind of wish they'd all shove it and let me choose what's best for me. lol.

ETA// I should add, I've changed my mind about the wanting a csec for the hoohah. I just don't know if I want to try completely natural or medicated or what. LOL. too many optionssss.

i think you should do whatever the heck you want haha, you are right it isn't any of their business! as long as you arn't pressured, either way, and as
long as you know and are educated, i say screw what others think and follow your instincts lol. and you are a women and you are having a baby but it doesn't make you any less of a woman or a mother just because of how you chose to birth your baby! you already are a mother just from being pregnant, so dont let ppl bother you and hopefully they will start keeping their opinions to theirself! :hugs:

and the care providers...i have been to 4 different types of OB/MWs, etc and they almost never bring it up :dohh: which i dont like....but i def. felt like i had to learn everything on my own...that is until i got the free standing birth center MWs this time around. they are very very good about it and the appts. are one hour long so always time talk, much different than my other experiences!

Swan- missed u I noticed u posted less. Glad to see your sunny posts lol
love the let's talk about vaginas and boobs lmbo

Guppy- so excited to hear tomorrow?

Dizzy had a scan today too no? I know she's team yellow but did I miss an update?

I had fun at the consignment sale looking at the pink stuff still weird w buying ahead and knowing seasons so I think DS and I ended up w more than miss muffet did. I did buy the 2 outfits that had tutus of course.

thanks! Can't wait! just to bed soon, then take dh to work, go to gymnastics with DS, then drop DS off at my friends, pick DH up from work, then my ULTRASOUND!!!!!!!!! :wohoo: i hope the time doesn't drag on forever!

thanks! Can't wait! just to bed soon, then take dh to work, go to gymnastics with DS, then drop DS off at my friends, pick DH up from work, then my ULTRASOUND!!!!!!!!! :wohoo: i hope the time doesn't drag on forever!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happydance: I CAN'T WAIT TO FIND OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hi ladies :flower:
had another absolutely awful night with jesse :nope: got maybe 2hrs sleep in the whole night :cry:
took him back to the dr and they didnt give him any antibiotics or anything ?!?! they want to wait and see wat hes like tonight and if he still has a high temp tomorrow they will give him some.
i went about my cervix and they said that all looked ok in the ultrasound last week so they dont want to worry about it :shrug:
cant wait to find out guppy !!!!!!! :pink: or :blue:

Congrats on the pink bumps, Saphire and pixiepower.....Good luck for your scan, Guppy

This certainly is a :pink: :pink: :pink: thread! Hurrah for girl power!

Thanks Guppy – I just feel so overwhelmed sometimes. I know I’m a FTM (to-be) but it’s exhausting when people keep throwing their undesired advice in my direction. I mean, here on the forums I come to have conversations about this kind of stuff with you ladies, who’ve been there and done that (for some of you) and all of us are about to do it in February. lol. It’s always awkward when people bring it up at a communal meal time, like lunch at work or dinner at a friend’s or family member’s house. I’m like, “Okay, can we just enjoy food now?” :haha: I figure I just need to research on my own and make my own decisions.

TODAY GUPPY FINDS OUT WHAT SHE IS HAVING! :dance:

Aw Saphire! :hugs: I missed you, and everyone here, too! It was a busy week and this weekend will probably be busy too – we’re trying to get some of the nursery stuff done and I organized the basement this weekend, what a task! LOL. How have you been?

Sorry to hear Jesse is still sick, Tiger. :( Poor little guy, and poor you! Also, I love your avvy – is that a recent photo of you? It’s awesome! I can’t wait for my maternity shots!

Tiggertea- thanks for updating my pinks status!

Random subject but I had a dream about my grandma again last night she got to meet Jonas and I took a picture of them together what an awesome dream I miss her so. At least w the dreams I know even though she never met him in real life she can still see him from heaven. :) he is just like her stubborn as all get out (so am I though) let's see what personality little miss muffet has lol

Im going to read back :coffee: As looks like there is some exciting news ~ Hopefully cheer me up

I really am so so poorly ~ Have a terrible cold virus :cry: Been to the Doctors, but just told to take paracetomol...Wow, this is hard, being i'll, being pregnant & looking after a baby

Off to my 20 week scan!!!
We are staying team yellow but very excited to se ethe little one :D :D :D :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->