February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

:cry: Worst scan ever :cry:

First off, there was an emergency so i waited (and felt like my bladder was gonna explode despite only drinking 16oz instead of 32oz) My appt. was at 11:15, we got there are 11 and they didn't even take us back until 11:45. Well then this male Indian guy takes us back to to do it...i had one of those for isaiah and i hated bc they never say anything and are very...impersonal....so i immediately say we'd like to know where the placenta is, and can you tell us girl or boy. He said "your placenta is anterior" :)cry: i did cry on the way home, ugh not another posterior baby :cry:), and then he said "It may be too early to tell, youd probably have to come back at 21-22 weeks if its a boy or girl"....erm, we found out with isaiah at 17 weeks, and i will be 19 tomorrow....and i said that, then i paraphrased and asked "well you mean you would tell us if you know, right?" Oh yes, i if i can see, i will let you know. (this was at the very begining). I lay down, can hardly see the screen AT ALL :( and he wouldn't tilt it. It took him FOREVER to get all of the measurements. And then at the end he said "they will read your results and we will send them to your doctor on monday"....so i asked, wait! are we having a boy or girl?...."well i can't tell you that, im not allowed to" SERIOUSLY!?!?! :cry: :grr: so i said, well thats really mean...does this mean you know, and he said yes but flat our refused to tell us and then said we would have to wait until the doc got the results......:cry: Like WTF>?! :growlmad: I asked DH what he thinks he saw and he said he couldn't tell bc the tech was doing the angles super funny (from what i could see, he never did those profile looking pics or anything :nope:)....so he has NO clue...he thought boy though...but who knows. ...i cried on the way home because 1.) another anterior placenta and i am petrified to have that labor again :cry: and 2.) i didn't even get to find out and to top that all of the asshole wouldn't even print of pictures nor turn the screen :(....worst day, not happy- at all :(

OH Guppy i's so sorry.... i know what it is like having a ultrasound tech like that..... if you remember with my ultrasound. :hugs: Just try and keep you chin up my dear

:hugs: guppy.
It's a shame your sonographer was a knobhead. Some people don't seem to realise that scans are about bonding as well as medical checks.
Think you need to read back over your own advise/support you gave me about the anterior placenta. Doesn't mean our bubbas WILL be back to back...and even if they are....we CAN do it. A days worth of pain our childrens life is defo worth it.

^thanks hun....im still having trouble getting over it...what are you gonna do to prepare? I know the logicals, like maybe it wont happen, or maybe it will be easier since i did it once, or maybe since i did it before i will do it again...but then i think of DSs birth and somehow i just cant get over it :( i need help!

and thank you to the rest of you.

turn out the hospital called me back and they want me to go in asap. ...she said everything looked fine, but they need more pictures and they want me to come in tonight at 5:15....i asked if she could tell me boy or girl but she refused and said "i can't tell you, i do not have MD after my name. :dohh: ....erm neither does my MW :wacko: anyways, hopefully i'll have a better tech and be able to find something out...this is driving me made! lol it should have only taken the guy a half hour...it took him one hour..and now they still need me to go back likie WTH? ....with DS they couldn't get the heart and kidney stuff measured right so they had me go back, but that was at least 2 weeks down the road...not a couple hours...

Oh Guppy! I'm so sorry! You (well we ALL) were so excited! Hoping you get a peach of a tech when you go back, and you have fantastic scan!!

Hey ladies.. I have my scan in exactly two weeks.. so excited.. to see baby again.. been since 9 weeks.. not finding out gender tho.. :) so just pics for you all.. but then its still 14 more days..

Sorry about you scan guppy.. sounds terrible.. hope your next one is better..

Oh no guppy, thats awful!! Why cant some people just understand that these things are important to pregnant ladies and they can either make or break the experience with their attitude!!

hope things turn out better at the scan later today - what time is it there now?

Oh no guppy, thats awful!! Why cant some people just understand that these things are important to pregnant ladies and they can either make or break the experience with their attitude!!

hope things turn out better at the scan later today - what time is it there now?

THAT is so true...when we went to our ultrasound we were just to happy to hear the words "it's a boy" or "it's a girl"! Even if they could not see that that would be ok, but when they can see something but just don't want to say it really sucks (i understand if it is medical). I went and saw my dr. after my ultrasound and she laughed and said that they would have a beter idea if it was a boy or girl then she would and normally they are not the ones who tell you.Also i was talking to my other girlfriend and her Dr. said the same thing to her.

guppy gutted for u hun :hugs: what time is it now where u r? i would definately complain. ultrasounds are designed to be for medical purposes only but its a major bonding experience for us, and they know that, otherwise they wouldnt even attempt to look for the sex.
im really angry for u .

swan - thankyou :blush: yes that was me and my husband a few days ago ! my belly has all of a sudden just popped right out there, and im so much bigger this time around then i was at 19 weeks with jesse. and i was HUGE with him full term, so getting worried now :haha: oh well, healthy baby i guess ! lol

im not sure if i mentioned it, but i went to the dr about my cervix and they did nothing :growlmad::growlmad::growlmad:
they said that since my cervix looked ok at my scan last week there was nothing to worry about and it was all fine :growlmad: ok so i was given a copy of the report, and there was no mention about my cervix at all !?!??! :nope: i saw the photos and nothing about my cervix again?! am i missing something ? is there some secret that i dont know about?

jesse is much better today on a brighter note :happydance: we had a great night :dance: slept all the way through and even until 745am (thats usually the sleep in i pray for !!!) and i really needed it so im super happy and feel great today

Guppy, I am sorry that your first scan of the day went so bad!! But, now I want to know how your second one went, if they were able to tell you anything??

IM BACK FROM MY second SCAN!!!!

it went much much better this time!!! Thank God! We were even able to get a couple of pictures :cloud9: not too many though because baby did NOT want to cooperate AT ALL :nope: She was so kind, and the same lady that did the 8 week ultrasound. I liked her and she was cracking jokes the whole time.

She wouldn't say the sex but she did point and said "those are two apples with a stick in the middle. :winkwink:" Bless her heart. She technically wasn't allowed to say boy or girl, but she danced around so we could figure it out :thumbup:

So we are on team :blue: again! I know Isaiah will just love having a little brother! Isaiah & Elliot, perfect :cloud9: ....see i knew there was a reason why we figured his name out so easily lol. This confirms my beliefs that if we listen to our babys they will send us the name they are to be called :cloud9:

IMG_1066.jpgIMG_1065.jpg

congrats on team :blue: hun !!!!!!! shame bub didnt want to co operate though :haha: holly was the same !
i agree with names. i had a dream very early in my pregnancy i had a girl and called her holly. i didnt even think of holly as a name, and when i told jonno he said it was perfect for a little girls name :cloud9:

aww, thats such a sweet story :cloud9:

the name thing was true with isaiah too. i knew right away what i wanted his name to be, but girl names, pff i had lots of trouble picking! haha, same thing this time and also on team blue again! go figure.

yep ! we couldnt pick a girls name when i was pregnant with jesse but we had jesses name from the beginning, and the same this time with a boy, i couldnt figure out a full name for a boy

Yey Guppy!! Congrats! So happy your second scan went better!! And the name is adorable!

Gotta disagree though, LOL, we picked out a girls name sooooo easily. Perfect name, we'll def use it if we ever have a girl. We STILL aren't sure on a boy name. We just don't LOVE anything. We have a name we really like, we just around sure yet! That said, I'm glad you have your name!

Congrats Guppy ! :dance: Another prospect for Aria... I mean... what? ;) haha.

Guppy, so sorry your first scan went so poorly - how not fun! So glad it went better the second time around.

Tiger, your current profile pic looks great!

I was just sitting here watching TV with DH and finally felt Baby move! Of course DH jumps up when I say something to try and feel Baby (who is barely tapping me at this point, so no way DH could feel him/her). I am so glad to know he or she is moving away in there. Can't wait for my anatomy scan in exactly two weeks to figure out the sex (hopefully)!

We're also waiting on the appraisal on the house we're purchasing. The appraiser has seen the house, but we apparently won't get the report until Friday. I'm hoping it comes early and biting my nails a bit until it does.

YAY GUPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATZ!!! I AM SO HAPPY YOUR SECOND SCAN WENT BETTER!!!! It was meant to be that you find out!

Hi ladies!
gup, im so sorry your scan went so terribly :(

We had our scan today, and my little monster had his/her ankles crossed.
one shot from under the bum didnt appear to show anything, and the tech said 60% girl, but we had another scan 2mrw, so we will have to wait just ONE MORE SLEEP to be sure

i'll attach a scan pic of the hands, and of monster of course :cloud9:

i'll come post results tomorrow!

Attachments

• hands.jpg
    hands.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 3
  • monster 19wks.jpg
    monster 19wks.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 3
Thanks girls :hugs:
Sorry seeming so negative today, but i am just a mess...

I called the ultrasound dept at the hospital. Apparently they signed off the results at 2pm and my MW will get them within the hour. So i called the MW. She is doing home visits today and will try to swing by the birth center later tonight to let me know. i told her about my placenta (anteriors are notoriously known to cause posterior babies, which is the satan of all births IMO, DS had anterior placenta and was posterior and, well you can see my birth story in my siggy), anyways, she said "Try not to worry too much about the placenta. The techs can be weird but i have never seen one withold the sex of the baby! Thats so weird. And we will talk about the placenta and different thing we do to try and get the baby up front." ...needless to say i am thinking fat chance because i did EVERYTHING you could do for that (with isaiah) and NONE of it worked...in the end if the baby wants to face the placenta, they will...ugh...

Ah is that what they call it and why? All they said to me was he was sunny side up and the hardest type to deliver. I had no idea it was a thing or u could tell ahead of time hmmmm. But I am praying that never happens again. Not fun.

Thanks for all of the sweet comments ladies. Im excited to have two sons that will be best buds :friends: ...and I'll be the queen of the house :rofl:

i have been light headed for the last 2 hours. I texted the MW and she told me to eat protein and such. Said that its probably a lower sugar...she said i had a stressful day and because i had MS this morning, i havn't eaten too well.:nope: its terrible, i now, :( im trying to do better but today was MADNESS. DH made me some eggs and chocolate milk, and i think its doing the trick. So thankful to have his help :cloud9:

Hi ladies!
gup, im so sorry your scan went so terribly :(

We had our scan today, and my little monster had his/her ankles crossed.
one shot from under the bum didnt appear to show anything, and the tech said 60% girl, but we had another scan 2mrw, so we will have to wait just ONE MORE SLEEP to be sure

i'll attach a scan pic of the hands, and of monster of course :cloud9:

i'll come post results tomorrow!

aww :cloud9: i love the one with the little hands. Thats so cute <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back