February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Went for another scan yesterday to make sure the placenta was ok and the cord was an ok length... Well they are both great but im on asprin :( some blood vessells are small and there scared i could get blood clots :(

Went for another scan yesterday to make sure the placenta was ok and the cord was an ok length... Well they are both great but im on asprin :( some blood vessells are small and there scared i could get blood clots :(

Im glad the cord & placenta were all Ok :thumbup:

Hey ladies, not a massive amount to report but my sister got her BFP!!!!

after 5 years of wanting she is finally having a little baba of her own!!! I am sooooo happy for her! and I am finally going to be an aunty!! yay

hope everyone is ok, not really got much else to say! lol

Geogem- yay! That's awesome.

We are in our way to take ds and his cousin and best friend to sesame place. Wish me luck.

Hey ladies..

My dh felt baby move last night.. as baby gave a good kick.. was the best feeling ever..

4 days till my scan.. cant wait..

Hope your all doing good..

Congrats to your sister i wish happy heathly 9 months xxx

Good luck and have fun at Sesame Place, Saphire! :)

Congrats to your sister Geogem, that's awesome! :hugs:

Gem, big congrats to your sister!! It is great that she got her BFP!!! I bet that she is way over the moon with joy!!! :)

Sorry to get OT, but is anyone going unassisted? I am in the States, and can't get HB MW covered through insurance. I also can't afford to pay out of pocket for a HB MW. I am seeing two free standing birth center MWs, however, they are at least a one hour drive away, and im not sure how thats going to work out in the worst winter month of the yr here (February). I will remain in their care for the duration of my pregnancy (and perhaps even the actual birth) but Im undecided at this point about birthing at the FSBC or at home, please dont judge :blush:, but just wanted to know if anyone else was taking the UCB route? I dont want to turn this into a debate or a war, but i was just looking for someone to chat with about this :friends:

Guppy, I think that I would be too scared to have a home birth. But I think that you have enough knowledge to know what you can handle!! I wish that there was a way for you to get a midwife to assist you without it costing an arm and a leg!! :hugs:

Guppy, I was looking up some stories about unassisted home births, and I found this site that might interest you (if you have not seen it before). It is about a family that has had 7 out of 12 children by unassisted home births!!

https://birthjunkie.com/homebirth/

Thank you very much TeQuiero!
I still havn't decided if i will or not...i think its one of those things if i dont want to go to the FSBC while im in labor (or i cant because of the bad roads), then i just want to be prepaired. Im not opposed to using the FSBC, and i really do LOVE my MWs, they truly are amazing and i have no issue with them. But im worried about the commute, so i just want to get acquainted with everything for the "just in case"...in case im being stubborn :blush: or case the roads are bad/closed...in case my labor goes quickly, fat chance of that :haha: I am also lucky enough to live within 5 min of a hospital...im so undecided, i just wish there was a bigger community to talk about this with.

ive never seen that site before! off to read :D

We are in our way to take ds and his cousin and best friend to sesame place. Wish me luck.

Whats sesame place? :shrug:

Good luck, whatever it is! :winkwink:

Do you get sesame street the children's program there? Its a theme park that's based on the show and you can meet the characters too. Normally we love it today not so much toooo busy w Halloween. We left and took the kids to see real steel. Awesome movie !

Hey ladies, not a massive amount to report but my sister got her BFP!!!!

after 5 years of wanting she is finally having a little baba of her own!!! I am sooooo happy for her! and I am finally going to be an aunty!! yay

hope everyone is ok, not really got much else to say! lol

Yay!!!! So happy to hear this! :) I was hoping to see an update soon!

mumanddad- sorry to hear about the vessels :( how much aspirin do u need ?
geogem- congrats to ur sister on her :bfp:
so ladies with a bit more knowledge health wise - how dangerous is cat saliva whilst pregnant ? ? :shrug: i was giving the cat a bath and he turned around and bit me quite bad on my wrist and wouldnt let go, blood was everywhere and the teeth puncture wounds are really quite deep :wacko: my wrist swelled instantly so its bandaged at the moment because it hurts. but i know cats carry bacteria that isnt good for pregnant women. what are the chances something will go wrong ? and what should i look out for ?

Guppy i thought you were having a birth center birth like me? so are considering just you and OH delivering the baby?

Thank you very much TeQuiero!
I still havn't decided if i will or not...i think its one of those things if i dont want to go to the FSBC while im in labor (or i cant because of the bad roads), then i just want to be prepaired. Im not opposed to using the FSBC, and i really do LOVE my MWs, they truly are amazing and i have no issue with them. But im worried about the commute, so i just want to get acquainted with everything for the "just in case"...in case im being stubborn :blush: or case the roads are bad/closed...in case my labor goes quickly, fat chance of that :haha: I am also lucky enough to live within 5 min of a hospital...im so undecided, i just wish there was a bigger community to talk about this with.

ive never seen that site before! off to read :D

As much as I don't really agree with unassisted births...your a child birth educater and doula right? I think if other poeple can do it from a little bit of their own research, then the knowledge you must have says that you would be the perfect "candidate" for an unnassisted birth.
I'm having a home birth but I'm really dreading the pushing stage. I don't mind getting my fanny out to the midwives but I'm really nervous about being watched pushing. I may ask them to face the wall lol...OH included.

I don't know what the poeple you know think, or the general attitude towards home births in your area...but I've been told all sorts of crap. Like I'm putting my baby's life in danger...well no the way I see it..is by staying home I hope to stay calm, keep baby calm and lower the risks of anything going wrong...I think i'd be seriosuly lectured if I wanted to go unassisted lol.

My cousin had an unplanned unassisted homebirth. Her hubby and the ambulance didn't make it on time and she gave birth on her bathroom floor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->