February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

We are in our way to take ds and his cousin and best friend to sesame place. Wish me luck.

Whats sesame place? :shrug:

Good luck, whatever it is! :winkwink:

Do you get sesame street the children's program there? Its a theme park that's based on the show and you can meet the characters too. Normally we love it today not so much toooo busy w Halloween. We left and took the kids to see real steel. Awesome movie !

Oh yeah, sesame street ~ That sound great for the little 'uns :thumbup: Sorry it was so busy

But glad you made up for it with a good movie :winkwink:

mumanddad- sorry to hear about the vessels :( how much aspirin do u need ?
geogem- congrats to ur sister on her :bfp:
so ladies with a bit more knowledge health wise - how dangerous is cat saliva whilst pregnant ? ? :shrug: i was giving the cat a bath and he turned around and bit me quite bad on my wrist and wouldnt let go, blood was everywhere and the teeth puncture wounds are really quite deep :wacko: my wrist swelled instantly so its bandaged at the moment because it hurts. but i know cats carry bacteria that isnt good for pregnant women. what are the chances something will go wrong ? and what should i look out for ?

Im on a low one 75 mg but im on it till the day i give birth :s

Tiger, I do not believe that the cats saliva is something that is terribly worrisome. I know that their urine is too strong of ammonia and that their feces carries bacteria, so both of these are dangerous. I was bit by my cat when I was pregnant with Grant and I had no complications, but your bite sounds like it was a little harder. Keep an eye on it and let us know if it gets worse!! :hugs:

Tiger, I do not believe that the cats saliva is something that is terribly worrisome. I know that their urine is too strong of ammonia and that their feces carries bacteria, so both of these are dangerous. I was bit by my cat when I was pregnant with Grant and I had no complications, but your bite sounds like it was a little harder. Keep an eye on it and let us know if it gets worse!! :hugs:

Yep, It's only the poo you need to worry about. But if you have cats chances are you been in contact with their poo and been contaminated with the bacteria (it's name as completely slipped my mind) so would be immune to it.

I have 4 cats...and hell knows why because they have access to out doors via the cat flap...one of them pooed in the bath last night..so when I came down for a wee at 1am..I vomitted from the smell then had to clean up my sick and cat poo (OH was out). NOT IMPRESSED KITTY!!!

I think our neighbours cat might have been sitting in the garden. He thinks he lives here too...sneaks in at night and helps himself to food. :devil:

mumanddad- sorry to hear about the vessels :( how much aspirin do u need ?
geogem- congrats to ur sister on her :bfp:
so ladies with a bit more knowledge health wise - how dangerous is cat saliva whilst pregnant ? ? :shrug: i was giving the cat a bath and he turned around and bit me quite bad on my wrist and wouldnt let go, blood was everywhere and the teeth puncture wounds are really quite deep :wacko: my wrist swelled instantly so its bandaged at the moment because it hurts. but i know cats carry bacteria that isnt good for pregnant women. what are the chances something will go wrong ? and what should i look out for ?

It can get bad.... you can get something call cat scratch fever.... i have seen it many times with the girls i work with. I have not gotten yet but that is why i refuse to do appt. with cats because they often bite and you can get a serious infection from them (there mouths are FULL of bacteria).

I don't mean to scare you because it doesnt always become serious (i have been bit many times and never gotten it ). But the wrist is a bad place to have gotten bitten. If your WHOLE arm starts to hurt( almost feels like you can't lift it) and it starts to go a different colour and it looks like its moving up(the different colour will look like it is moving up your arm) i would get to the dr right away.... They would just put you on antibiotics

tiger...ive never thought about a cat bit before, so dont have much knowledge for you, sorry. But it seems as if the other girls are being quite helpful :hugs: Hope everything turns out okay! :flow:

Guppy i thought you were having a birth center birth like me? so are considering just you and OH delivering the baby?

At this point i am still have a FSBC birth :D It's just i want to be prepared in case this can't happen. Im really worried the roads are gonna be bad (i live in New England, so bad winters!:cold:) anyways, its a one hour drive on a nice summer day and no construction, but im concerned with bad yucky roads :( I just think i need a back up plan, for the just in case. I am gonna keep recieiving prenatal care with my MWs at the FSBC. And chances are good i'll end up birthing there, but def. need a backup with how it snows and stuff up here in February.

Thank you very much TeQuiero!
I still havn't decided if i will or not...i think its one of those things if i dont want to go to the FSBC while im in labor (or i cant because of the bad roads), then i just want to be prepaired. Im not opposed to using the FSBC, and i really do LOVE my MWs, they truly are amazing and i have no issue with them. But im worried about the commute, so i just want to get acquainted with everything for the "just in case"...in case im being stubborn :blush: or case the roads are bad/closed...in case my labor goes quickly, fat chance of that :haha: I am also lucky enough to live within 5 min of a hospital...im so undecided, i just wish there was a bigger community to talk about this with.

ive never seen that site before! off to read :D

As much as I don't really agree with unassisted births...your a child birth educater and doula right? I think if other poeple can do it from a little bit of their own research, then the knowledge you must have says that you would be the perfect "candidate" for an unnassisted birth.
I'm having a home birth but I'm really dreading the pushing stage. I don't mind getting my fanny out to the midwives but I'm really nervous about being watched pushing. I may ask them to face the wall lol...OH included.

I don't know what the poeple you know think, or the general attitude towards home births in your area...but I've been told all sorts of crap. Like I'm putting my baby's life in danger...well no the way I see it..is by staying home I hope to stay calm, keep baby calm and lower the risks of anything going wrong...I think i'd be seriosuly lectured if I wanted to go unassisted lol.

r.

yeah, well we relocated a year and a half ago, so i dont have too many ppl i have to deal with....with that said, i know theres a negative connotation with giving birth at home with a MW let alone without. Its certainly not something i would broadcast if i did :nope: and im not even sure if i want to or not...but i will probably talk to my mother about it. She had 5 babies, 4 of which were all natural. She had bad hospital experiences with the first 4 and so even though she got care with an OB she had NO intention of birthing with him. She planned a freebirth and it was 2 hours, start to finish and the best birth she ever had...anyways, i am gonna voice my concerns to her. ...but like i said im still iffy on the subject at the moment....other ppl have their opinions anyways, and usually no one mentions it to me being that they know how i feel about natural birth and i know what i know (sorry not trying to sound vein :blush: but just stating why i probably wouldn't hear much even if ppl did know)....idk what im gonna do...id prefer the MWs but hopefully the winter roads are clear and safe...im a bit nervous about drivnig on bad roads :(

Ladies that are thinking about or who have or who will be birthing at a free standing birth center (FSBC) PLEASE JOIN the support thread!!!! Ive been speaking with the mods/admins and it may become a sticky in the natural section! Please stop in!

https://www.babyandbump.com/home-na...-standing-birth-center-birthers-hopefuls.html

Hey, Sesame Place!! We took ds there when he was two. It was sooo much fun! But I've heard it gets way crowded around Halloween time. Plus a lot of the stuff isn't open... so it's not worth it to us (we live six hours away).
I want to go back in summer of 2012, but not sure how that will work with an infant...

I know nothing about home births... But I support your right to do it where and how you want to do it... And if you do it at home, you can be in control without a dr or someone dictating your birth.
Personally, I prefer to relinquish control. Anyway, there's no such thing as a home c-section. :)

Haha I know, but it's true.
I have so much less to worry about this time. The only question the dr had for me was if I was okay with a repeat c-section (or if I wanted a vbac). And I have nooooo interest in a vbac, so that's pretty much it. Everything else is done. And I am so happy to have very little choice in the matter.
I know everyone is different, and I wish that those of you who WANT to make your own choices are permitted to do that. But I am happy to go into the hospital and just go with the flow. :)

Haha I know, but it's true.
I have so much less to worry about this time. The only question the dr had for me was if I was okay with a repeat c-section (or if I wanted a vbac). And I have nooooo interest in a vbac, so that's pretty much it. Everything else is done. And I am so happy to have very little choice in the matter.
I know everyone is different, and I wish that those of you who WANT to make your own choices are permitted to do that. But I am happy to go into the hospital and just go with the flow. :)

Well that would be a heck of a lot easier as far as planning goes, and even being worried about birth....do you have a scheduled c-section date yet? or do you think you'll wait to for labor to start and then have the section? Thats a nice way to calm your fears though! ...im looking forward to giving birth again, but im also nervous about it being a repeat posterior baby...ugh. lucky! haha

thanks ladies :flower:
its not too bad this morning, around the bites is sore and swollen but i dont think its infected at all. im pretty sure i got on top of it right away. i cant believe how vicious my cat got :wacko: altho i was giving him a bath. ill keep an eye on it but ill call my dr and just ask anyway.
so last night i started losing my voice and well this morning, i have NO voice at all. i mean i try and talk and it sounds like this stupid little croak. i cant communicate with anyone :cry: and i cant even talk to jesse and say 'no!' or 'brekky' or anything ! this is going to drive me mental !
also today is my 1st wedding anniversary :kiss: :kiss: 1yr ago today we were married on the beach

thankyou :hugs:
its just my darn cough at the moment, i feel fine until i cough or talk lol

Happy anniversary Tiger! Feel better soon! :hugs: :flower:

Welcome Nicole! :)

Was sick last night, puking - guess ice cream right before bed was a bad idea? Slept for over 12 hours, on and off, and have been fine since... so weird. lol. Just ate dinner and had a VitaCoco water with it, and everything stayed where it should... so thank goodness. Must have just been a fluke, but that was my first time throwing up since I got pregnant. NO fun. :( Makes my heart ache for those of you who had (or still might) serious morning sickness issues. :hugs:

so pointless post, but a few weeks ago i went to the shops and saw an iggle piggle from in the night garden doll that sings, and it was going to cost me $30 (australian) to buy it from the shop, and ive found it on ebay and im winning the bid for $16 australian and its coming from the UK !!! im so excited, jesse loves iggle piggle and this will be a great pressy for xmas !
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1905837...DX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1431.l2649#ht_500wt_1287

THAT IS SOOOOO CUTE!!!!!!!!! I never heard of this iggle piggle before, but wicked cute! I bet he'll love it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->