February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Everyone's bumps look great! I... don't have one currently, a picture that is, but I have to take my weekly one soon. Then I shall update. ;D

Long day at work, and this week is going to be insane. But I'm looking forward to getting through it, because I'll be spending the weekend in NYC with my family and one of my best friends. :D I can't wait to go home!!

yay in the facebook group now.:happydance:

Got a decision to make... at the booking appointment was asked about homebirth and said nope hospital please without really considering it to much but now the hypnobirth lady has suggested it twice and I'm really unsure. Thought I wouldn't mind the hospital at all but just looked through all the pictures on their website and it looks very clinical. Visiting hours are quite limited so as soon as you're transfered to postnatal ward OH probably has to go home, other visitors only allowed fo 2 hours a day. Didn't consider home birth as I didn't think we could do it and would be happier at the hospital but now think I'm changing my mind... the relxation part of hypnobirthing would probably be much easier at home, I know someone down the road training to be a doula so she'd probably come and help out which is reassuring...ahhh so much to think about, can't decide!!! Any advice welcome, especially from those of you who've been there done that, thanks lovely ladies

I had hospital birth with DD1 and, like you, was concerned about the lack of visiting time and the fact hubby had to go home once transferred to postnatal. In reality, he was sent home coz missy was born at 1.01am, but it was closer to 3 when he had to leave, allowed to return at breakfast time next day (8am-ish) and only chased again at 10pm! The shorter visiting times for others weren't as bad as it may seem. It was lovely to have some time together (and to "recover" a bit from the experience of the previous night!) before we were inundated with well-wishers.
The second day in (Abbie has kidney issues and they had to wait for her medication to be sorted before we could leave), I could have done with longer visiting as I was ready to face the world again. :lol:

We have our names picked. I will post them behind a spoiler in case any of my friends who don't want to know til the birth happen to read this! :haha:

Maya or Ethan

We don't "do" middle names. :thumbup:

JohnsPrincess- I do NOT thing you are overreacting! I think your friend was being totally mean to you :( I mean, you were upfront with her about not being about to work 11-12 hours per day and then im sure you didnt feel great eating fast food all the time. I think the thing about the photos was really over the top. I can understand about the one taken in the studio, but some of the other ones doesnt seem like she was acting like much of a friend. I'd be very frustrated and i think each and everything is just compounding so you are understandably getting more frustrated with her with each thing! I'm sorry youre going through that :( :hugs:

tiggertea - loving the names!

I still have major bump envy over you guys!! I still havent taken one single 'bump' pic of myself.....I should really think about doing that sometime and I might get to see myself 'pop'!
I was asked last night where I was hiding all my bump when I told someone I was pregnant - I'd like to know that too!!! Think its all gone on my chest......like they werent big enough to begin with...........

So... i posted a few weeks ago that my sister-in-law was pregnant, she has had a history of miscarriages around 6-8 weeks. This time she took progesterone and it seemed to help sustain the pregnancy. Today she hit the 12 week mark and she has been hearing a strong heartbeat on the doppler for a couple weeks now! hooray, she has a sticky bean!! our babies will be cousins only 2 1/2 months apart! I'm so happy for her!!!!!

And i just found out one of my closest girlfriends is also 12 weeks pregnant! I'm sooo happy to have them have babies right around the same time as me! :)

Congrats to your SIL and friend Jokerette!!! Will be fun having so many babies of a similar age together!

Aww Jokerette, thats fab news!! my sister is 15 weeks behind me so we will have very close little cousins too!!

I cant wait to have play days when they are older!! lol it'll be great fun!! x

Jokerette-that is fab news on your sister.. i also used progesterone this time after 2 mc's and i agree it makes a big difference.. as im 21 weeks tomorrow.. :) So happy for her.. Can breathe a small sigh of relief... and yay for your friend too.. its so fun to have babies close together in age.. (my dd is only 3 months younger than my sister dd and its the best to get together and let them play as they are both 2 now) so like i was saying congrats.. :)

JohnsPrincess- I do NOT thing you are overreacting! I think your friend was being totally mean to you :( I mean, you were upfront with her about not being about to work 11-12 hours per day and then im sure you didnt feel great eating fast food all the time. I think the thing about the photos was really over the top. I can understand about the one taken in the studio, but some of the other ones doesnt seem like she was acting like much of a friend. I'd be very frustrated and i think each and everything is just compounding so you are understandably getting more frustrated with her with each thing! I'm sorry youre going through that :( :hugs:

Thank you! What sucks is that she's not "just" a friend...she's family, lol. I talked with another of John's cousins, who's closer to our ages and has a child, etc, and she said that now that I'm becoming a mommy the 10 year age gap that didn't seem big before, may start to widen. Sucks but she's really hurting my feelings on a lot of things and yeah, I just really don't think it's because I'm pregnant! LOL

So... i posted a few weeks ago that my sister-in-law was pregnant, she has had a history of miscarriages around 6-8 weeks. This time she took progesterone and it seemed to help sustain the pregnancy. Today she hit the 12 week mark and she has been hearing a strong heartbeat on the doppler for a couple weeks now! hooray, she has a sticky bean!! our babies will be cousins only 2 1/2 months apart! I'm so happy for her!!!!!

And i just found out one of my closest girlfriends is also 12 weeks pregnant! I'm sooo happy to have them have babies right around the same time as me! :)

That's wonderful!! For both your sister in law and your friends!! How fun for you all to share this!

Oooh I forgot to say! So yesterday at our appt we heard the heart beat, of course. Well I'd read that it sounds like a "galloping horse" but it never sounded like that to me, just like a heart beat. I think because he's bigger and it's louder (?) that this time it Totally sounded like that!!

Big day already today. I had to go to the clinic here on base for my PHA (annual military physical). Because I'm pregnant I didn't actually have to do much - fill out some paperwork, the 2 min eye check, and (UGH) flu shot. Ouch. I get paid for a day for doing it, so that's good. Plus, I have to go back for another part of it, on another day, and will get paid for that, too.

I'm chilling out now, deciding on lunch. Then I've really got to clean up. Organize downstairs and CLEAN upstairs. Blah.

Thank you! What sucks is that she's not "just" a friend...she's family, lol. I talked with another of John's cousins, who's closer to our ages and has a child, etc, and she said that now that I'm becoming a mommy the 10 year age gap that didn't seem big before, may start to widen. Sucks but she's really hurting my feelings on a lot of things and yeah, I just really don't think it's because I'm pregnant! LOL

Thats a very good point about the 10 year age gap widening as your lifestyles change more and more. :hugs:

Oooh I forgot to say! So yesterday at our appt we heard the heart beat, of course. Well I'd read that it sounds like a "galloping horse" but it never sounded like that to me, just like a heart beat. I think because he's bigger and it's louder (?) that this time it Totally sounded like that!!

Big day already today. I had to go to the clinic here on base for my PHA (annual military physical). Because I'm pregnant I didn't actually have to do much - fill out some paperwork, the 2 min eye check, and (UGH) flu shot. Ouch. I get paid for a day for doing it, so that's good. Plus, I have to go back for another part of it, on another day, and will get paid for that, too.

I'm chilling out now, deciding on lunch. Then I've really got to clean up. Organize downstairs and CLEAN upstairs. Blah.

100% agree with the sound being different. My littles heart sounds different now, it did sound like a galloping horse when he was smaller and it was faster, but now when i lissen to it it sounds just like a normal heart beat.

Felt so tired this afternoon & have a bit of a headache, so off to bed in a minute! (its only 7.20pm!) :sleep:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->