February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

The little man is laying so low and it hurts so much :( any idea how i can shuffle him up do i can ease the pain??

Hands and knees, rocking back and forth, side to side etc... Whatever you think helps. I find laying down with my ass in the air helps sometimes also.

What does everyone think about bringing young children to scans?
On the one hand, I think it would be cool to let ds see a picture of the baby in my belly... he's just getting used to the idea that there really is a baby in there. (He just turned four.)
But on the other hand, what if something is wrong? I don't want him to see mommy blubbering and crying... If I'm going to get bad news, I'd rather he not be there.
What do you all think? Those of you with other children, have you brought them to your scans?

We took Evey to our scans. The likelihood of something being wrong is low... Could you take someone else with you? My mum was with us for our first scan and FIL was with us for our second scan... We just took them along for their enjoyment, but there was always the option of having them take Evey outside if need be.

JP- I'm so sorry about all this. You need to be happy don't worry about their fellings right now. worry only about you and your little one.

I have brought my DS 3 times already he was so excited at the 20 week scan and to watch the video over and hear him yell " a girl? were having a girl? I always wanted a girl" so awesome!!

Is anyone dressing up for Halloween? I wanted to be a farm girl holding a pumpkin (my belly) but I can't find overalls so I'm thinking of being the one where the cat ate the fish bowl. idk

Thanks guys, so much! I feel like a toad coming on here and complaining about this so much but it really hurts me. My husband is very sympathetic, but he's told me all along that his family is...full of drama and so he doesn't have much to say about it. I've seen it with the others but not with these ones until now. :-( I really appreciate your support!!!!

We're dressing up for Halloween!! I really wanted to get a cute maternity Halloween shirt, but they are like 30$ and Dh would rather I didn't get one. I see his point. So I'll probably wear my black stretchy maternity pants, a black shirt, and kitty ears! He'll be a pirate! Our big dog is a pumpkin and our little dog is also a pirate. Our cat, yeah right. Lol.

I love the idea of the farmgirl with pumpkin but my fav is the fishbowl one!! I've not heard of that before!! I'd do something along those lines, but we sit outside during trick-or-treat time and it's too cold for a bare belly!

JP, you know that we all are here to give you support, never feel bad for sharing your feelings!!

I am not sure if we are going to dress up. It normally gets chilly here right before Halloween, but I would do with a bare belly. I don't think I am going to dress up this year, I still don't even know where we are going to go trick or treating this year!! But any ladies who dress up should post pictures for us!! :)

tiger, so glad to hear it! :thumbup:

JP, so sorry to hear about the rough relationship situation! I wouldn't be surprised if the people you traveled with just had no idea how to handle a pregnant woman because they are younger and showed a youthful lack of compassion. It's hard when people won't look around and figure out what everyone else around them might need, isn't it? As for the pictures, that would weird me out! And on buying stuff, I'm getting "don't buy stuff yet" from DH's co-workers with kids. They all keep saying that people will get us tons of stuff (and to be fair some of them have already gifted us hand-me-downs). But it is so hard for us first-time-mamas to fight the urge to get everything prepped for our new LOs!

I'm so wishing I got in on the babylegs sale now. I keep reading about stump care and how kimono shirts and a diaper are best, and I think kimono shirts, a diaper, baby legs, and socks might work even in the cold February weather where I am. Darnit! Maybe there will be another one before Feb ;).

I've got to read back and catch up on the other pages, but my babylegs came today!!! :D I am so excited! And my VIP status (from Friday's deal) has been set up so now just waiting on my free pair from that deal. Then once they get better restock I'm placing some orders for Christmas gifts. :dance: Love it!

I know my hospital said no children under 12 were permitted at any of my scans. :( So that was kind of a bummer.

:hugs: JP, I'm sorry things are so crappy. That's such a pain! I don't get people, I swear. But I don't think you're overreacting or anything, at all. Pregnancy hormones or not, it's a load of crap.

Welcome to our newest ladies!

If your scan is moved to Feb 16, Tiger, that's my sister's birthday!! lol.

I get complaints too, JP, that I didn't put enough on the registry or that I have purchased too much. I really haven't gotten a lot, and I'm sorry - I got an exersaucer in perfect condition for ten bucks, I was NOT ignoring that and putting it on my registry for over 100. BULL. Plus I got some passdowns from my sister and again, not refusing free lends like a bassinet for my bedside just to hope people buy it for me. I don't even care if people buy me gifts, to be honest. Plus everyone always wants to buy clothing anyway! :shrugs: I just don't even know. BLAH. haha. But someone did buy a few things off the registry so far, because I peeked to remove something. xD :dance: I just want to meet my baby girl already!

Hope all you ladies are doing well! I'm cooking and this week's just been NUTS. Can't wait for next week. :D

Is anyone dressing up for Halloween? I wanted to be a farm girl holding a pumpkin (my belly) but I can't find overalls so I'm thinking of being the one where the cat ate the fish bowl. idk

I found a lady sailor outfit that has an empire waist at iParty! its cute :)

thanks ladies :hugs:
tiggertea - cant wait to hear from your scan!!!!!
i had my appt yesterday too, bp a little high at 140/90 so back next week just to check up on that, they didnt listen to hollys hb :cry: she said since im feeling movements, they dont need to listen in ? im going to ask to hear it next time though. i like hearing it, even just for the sake of hearing it :haha:
Ive taken jesse to all my scans, hes 19months old now,and was screaming at my 18 week scan because he was tired :blush:

140 over 90 isn't terribly high. Its on the way up, but thats not bad. Just make sure you are eating between 80-100g of protein PER day, eat 300 calories more than you would not pregnant or BFing, and MAKE SURE you are salting foods to taste. The old school thinking is that too much salt with cause BP issues, however, it has been proven that in fact high BP is related to a LACK of salt! :coffee: Its an indication that you actually need more salt. In the non-pregnant body the old school thinking is still correct, but recently doctors have been learning that the PREGNANT body reacts differently. So be sure to get plenty of salt!

My babylegs finally came, too! Yey! Super, super cute!

Are any of you doing anything crafty for Christmas? Usually I make a ton of stuff but this year I don't see it happening!! I don't think I'll be making our Christmas cards this year, but maybe I'll make one of those nice photo cards and send that out.

Right now I'm making:
- An owl "bag" (crochet) for a cousin. It's just about done, just have to sew a strip of lining into it.
- A blanket for hubby (crochet) started
- teddy bear for baby (crochet) (which is about half done)
- blanket for baby (crochet) just need to sew the squares together
- cowl (crochet) for a friend
- Twilight hat (crochet) for me. I made the same one for a friend and she's supposed to be knitting us the mittens for the new movie. BUT she hasn't started either pair yet and they look really hard!!

I'm sure I'll come up with some other stuff, though I'm cross stitching a few things for the baby too!!

i want to do things for xmas so its not expensive seeing as we are flying 1400km across state to see everyone. but im in no way crafty :( and dont have much time either.
ive had jesse do some hand and footprints for his grandma though

i want to do things for xmas so its not expensive seeing as we are flying 1400km across state to see everyone. but im in no way crafty :( and dont have much time either.
ive had jesse do some hand and footprints for his grandma though

I bet you could come up with something even if it's Snowman soup or something like that!! And I'm sure Grandma will LOVE that!!

i dont get snowman soup ? i really dont understand it ? ive never heard of it before bnb. is it hot chocolate in a bag ? how does it stay hot ? doesnt it go gross ?

https://www.curbly.com/diy-maven/posts/8098-how-to-make-photo-blocks
^^^^ That is what my SIL and I did for our family last year, it took a lot of work but they were GREAT gifts, everyone loved them!! My step-mom has hers on her work desk!!

Tiger, I am guessing that it is a container of the mix with marshmallows and instructions.... just my guess! :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->