February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Oh I love my BabyLegs. And my free pair from this past Friday’s special is in my mailbox today, so I’m excited to get home and see them! So pumped to be a VIP now. They need to restock their tights, darn it!

I ordered a Gira wrap through Boutique Bella Bambini and am eagerly awaiting the arrival of that (I think 2 weeks) so Johna can make it into a ring sling for me. :dance: I love BBB. She has another awesome preorder tempting me now, but I need to hold off for the time being. I already purchased a Mei Tei off DiaperSwappers (and it’s awesome) and now my ring sling. OH will kill me if I keep spending money like a madwoman. LOL.

Junebugs, glad to hear you get to see bubba again soon! How exciting! :dance:

Oh my word Rach; :hugs: to you and your baby! Prayers and thoughts heading your way, please keep us posted on your progress, and hers! And I love the name; how beautiful! If you don’t mind me asking, how far along were you??? I’ve been struggling to keep up lately with work and all, so I feel so behind! haha. ;) xo

Sorry to hear things have been rough for you, WantABean! :hugs: Hope they begin to improve for you soon!

Tiggertea, I’m sorry your baby was being a :brat: about showing! Bummer! FX it works out better for you at the next one then, though it stinks you need to wait so long! :( :hugs: And I’m sorry to hear about the diagnosis, though am really glad for your sake that it’s been caught sooner than later. Hopefully they’ll be able to adjust things for you so you’ll be feeling better.

Good luck Jokerette!! FX for you!

Saw my OBG today and things are good. Scheduled my last 4-week appointment for 11/16 and my GTT for 11/11. After the 16th, they start seeing me every other week. I can’t believe it! But I wish I could see her one more time; I’m impatient! Haha. Oh well, next time I see her face, it’ll be when I’m holding her so that’s pretty awesome!

Hope everyone’s having a great day! I’m working from NJ tomorrow and then spending the weekend in NYC with family, so I’ll not be on for a few days. Have a great weekend everyone! :hugs:

How'd you become a VIP? And how'd you find out about the Friday special! Lol I didn't get an email or anything! :-( Lol

Glad you had a great appt!! I thought after my one on Monday I'd start being seen every other week, but he scheduled me for my glucose test (NOT looking forward to that) and it has to be after 26 weeks, so I have a 3 week wait, lol. Ah well!!

Oooh, have fun in NYC!! I haven't been there since I was much younger. I keep telling Dh we need to go up to the area to visit my family and take a couple trips into The City and Boston!

I had my appointment this morning as well Swan. All we did was hear the heartbeat, measure the fundus, and she gave me my glucose drink for my next appt (11/15 @1030).... and then I will be down to every 2 weeks for like 4 appts.... and then every week!! YAY!! I was soooooo excited to think that we are that close to it being Feb already!! :haha:

GOOD LUCK Joker!! KMFX for you!! :D

I had my appointment this morning as well Swan. All we did was hear the heartbeat, measure the fundus, and she gave me my glucose drink for my next appt (11/15 @1030).... and then I will be down to every 2 weeks for like 4 appts.... and then every week!! YAY!! I was soooooo excited to think that we are that close to it being Feb already!! :haha:

GOOD LUCK Joker!! KMFX for you!! :D

I think my glucose test is the 7th. Yuck, yuck, yuck! I didn't get to take mine home with me, which is probably better. Lol.

I can't believe it either. In a few more weeks I'll be in the 3rd trimester!!! CRAZY!!! We're getting there!!!

I don't mind the drink so much... part of me thinks that might be because I am used to it by now... and I live in SC where sweet tea is sugar with some tea in it! :haha:
Knowing that within the next month-month and a half we will all be 2/3 of the way done is great!! SO EXCITING!! DH looked at me like I was crazy that I was so happy.... I told him to try being kicked inside for 5 months to see how he likes it!

https://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/4497...en-mom-chooses-babys-life-over-hers?gt1=43001

Had to share this on here, it made me cry, and I know that this is what I would have done in this situation if I was her!!

If you follow baby legs on Facebook they do a Friday special. :) VIP is 25 a year and you get discounts and stuff :)

I don't mind the drink so much... part of me thinks that might be because I am used to it by now... and I live in SC where sweet tea is sugar with some tea in it! :haha:
Knowing that within the next month-month and a half we will all be 2/3 of the way done is great!! SO EXCITING!! DH looked at me like I was crazy that I was so happy.... I told him to try being kicked inside for 5 months to see how he likes it!

Home is Florida and our tea is like that, too, lol. THICK with sugar! I like that, but really, other than sweet tea, I don't like a lot of sweet stuff. I don't drink much soda, eat much candy, etc. So I know it's going to be torture! Haha!!

SO exciting, I know!!! :happydance:

Ok so i was cooking dinner tonight and i put some hot sauce in with the meat, suddenly i started coughing like CRAZY and could not stop.. it felt like I could not breath!!!! I stepped outside and was still having a hard time, when i came back inside I started coughing and having trouble breathing again. Well needless to say i am fine now but i have never had that happen to me before and i did not realize that cooking with hot sauce could do that!!!

My question is do you think it could have done any harm to the baby......

Junebugs, no! I think your baby is fine :D As long as your heart is beating, your baby is getting oxygen supplied to him through the umbelical cord blood :thumbup:

DH FINALLY felt Elliot move!!!!! :yipee: I figured it would take FOREVER :dohh: But its about time! 22 weeks exactly. Thanks to my anterior placenta, i figured this would happen again and he had to press VERY hard (not painfully thought) in order to feel him, but aww, i love it!

Junebugs, no! I think your baby is fine :D As long as your heart is beating, your baby is getting oxygen supplied to him through the umbelical cord blood :thumbup:

DH FINALLY felt Elliot move!!!!! :yipee: I figured it would take FOREVER :dohh: But its about time! 22 weeks exactly. Thanks to my anterior placenta, i figured this would happen again and he had to press VERY hard (not painfully thought) in order to feel him, but aww, i love it!

Thanks hun... i knew that in my heart everything is fine but you know how you still have that nagging feeling... "what if?"... lol

CONGRATZ TO YOUR DH and YOU!!! Finally!!!!!

Thank you :D

And yes, i know...the "what ifs" are always lurking...it doesn't get easier when they are out of tummy either :nope: lol

Tonight we had an ultrasound to check on the placement of the placenta. After the car accident at 17 weeks we learned that the placenta was a "complete previa", meaning it was completely covering the opening to the cervix. Just one week later we were so happy to see that it had migrated a bit and was only considered a "partial previa".

Tonight we were thrilled to see that the placenta had migrated even more and it is now 2.5cm away from the cervix. That means it is no longer "previa" it is just "low-lying", which is pretty common. The fact that it has been moving most likely means that it will continue to migrate further up as the pregnancy progresses. In later pregnancy a complete previa can mean bedrest and/or a mandatory c-section because the placenta is blocking the path for delivery, and now I shouldn't have to worry about that! Hooray! :)

My mom joined us for this ultrasound and I think she loved seeing her grandson for the first time! She kept coming closer and closer to me! I could tell she was so excited to see him move around!

Baby Kenny is measuring big again! His last 4 ultrasounds he has been measuring about 5 days bigger than expected which would put his due date around February 13th rather than February 18th. But I think my doctor will keep his original due date because his first ultrasound at 7 weeks is supposedly the most accurate for measuring. We shall see!
Here are some ultrasound photos from tonight:
https://jokerette.com/ultrasound22w5d_allsmall.jpg

Oooh, you need to post some of your work, too!! I wish I could paint, but that is far beyond me. I can do paint-by-number but that's about it!

Sure!! here are a few of my latest watercolors (in the spoiler)! :)
https://paintingamy.com/portraits/skinnionchildren.jpg
https://paintingamy.com/portraits/62years.jpg
https://paintingamy.com/portraits/mikejenandgabby.jpg
https://paintingamy.com/landscapes/murphyshouse.jpg
https://paintingamy.com/miscellaneous/purplepansies.jpg
https://paintingamy.com/miscellaneous/happyfamily.jpg

Junebugs, I agree... i think Guppy is right and the baby is fine and so well cushioned in there. I'm sure he was thinking "mom, stop shaking me around" ;) but nothing else, hee hee

Guppy- interesting! I also have an anterior placenta and DH felt him move on exactly 22 weeks also!! But, I found that he was able to feel him better when he just barely touched my skin... like the lightest touch, and then when Kenny kicks he was able to feel the sensation go from light to harder! :)

Junebugs, I agree... i think Guppy is right and the baby is fine and so well cushioned in there. I'm sure he was thinking "mom, stop shaking me around" ;) but nothing else, hee hee

Guppy- interesting! I also have an anterior placenta and DH felt him move on exactly 22 weeks also!! But, I found that he was able to feel him better when he just barely touched my skin... like the lightest touch, and then when Kenny kicks he was able to feel the sensation go from light to harder! :)

LOL... thanks hun.. i was more thinking about the fumes and if they would case any issues but again like i said, i know it will be fine.. i just like to hear it from you girls aswell!! It just makes me feel a whole lot better!

Ok so i was cooking dinner tonight and i put some hot sauce in with the meat, suddenly i started coughing like CRAZY and could not stop.. it felt like I could not breath!!!! I stepped outside and was still having a hard time, when i came back inside I started coughing and having trouble breathing again. Well needless to say i am fine now but i have never had that happen to me before and i did not realize that cooking with hot sauce could do that!!!

My question is do you think it could have done any harm to the baby......

No, no harm to the baby! But yes, that hot sauce turns into steam or something and goes right up your nose! LOL Even not cooking with it, but just EATING it (and smelling) can do that! :) You're okay though, as is the baby!

Yey!!! My Dh still hasn't because he quiets down once your hand is on my belly!! Darn kid!

Tonight we had an ultrasound to check on the placement of the placenta. After the car accident at 17 weeks we learned that the placenta was a "complete previa", meaning it was completely covering the opening to the cervix. Just one week later we were so happy to see that it had migrated a bit and was only considered a "partial previa".

Tonight we were thrilled to see that the placenta had migrated even more and it is now 2.5cm away from the cervix. That means it is no longer "previa" it is just "low-lying", which is pretty common. The fact that it has been moving most likely means that it will continue to migrate further up as the pregnancy progresses. In later pregnancy a complete previa can mean bedrest and/or a mandatory c-section because the placenta is blocking the path for delivery, and now I shouldn't have to worry about that! Hooray! :)

My mom joined us for this ultrasound and I think she loved seeing her grandson for the first time! She kept coming closer and closer to me! I could tell she was so excited to see him move around!

Baby Kenny is measuring big again! His last 4 ultrasounds he has been measuring about 5 days bigger than expected which would put his due date around February 13th rather than February 18th. But I think my doctor will keep his original due date because his first ultrasound at 7 weeks is supposedly the most accurate for measuring. We shall see!
Here are some ultrasound photos from tonight:
https://jokerette.com/ultrasound22w5d_allsmall.jpg

Great pictures, and congrats on the placenta moving!! (Never thought those would be words I'd say...lol)

My doc kept my dates from 7 & 9 weeks even though he measured about a week earlier at our ultrasound. AND even though the earlier date matches my cycle, lol. Which is why I have the 2 tickers below, helps me keep track of it all in my head, even though it's the later one the doc pays attention to!

Oooh, you need to post some of your work, too!! I wish I could paint, but that is far beyond me. I can do paint-by-number but that's about it!

Sure!! here are a few of my latest watercolors (in the spoiler)! :)
https://paintingamy.com/portraits/skinnionchildren.jpg
https://paintingamy.com/portraits/62years.jpg
https://paintingamy.com/portraits/mikejenandgabby.jpg
https://paintingamy.com/landscapes/murphyshouse.jpg
https://paintingamy.com/miscellaneous/purplepansies.jpg
https://paintingamy.com/miscellaneous/happyfamily.jpg

Oh wow!!! Wow wow wow!! Those are just GORGEOUS!!! You are so talented!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->