February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Jokerette ~ Glad things are looking good on the scan, lovely pics :baby:

Hope everyone’s having a great day! I’m working from NJ tomorrow and then spending the weekend in NYC with family, so I’ll not be on for a few days. Have a great weekend everyone! :hugs:

Have a lovely weekend away :thumbup:

Ok so i was cooking dinner tonight and i put some hot sauce in with the meat, suddenly i started coughing like CRAZY and could not stop.. it felt like I could not breath!!!! I stepped outside and was still having a hard time, when i came back inside I started coughing and having trouble breathing again. Well needless to say i am fine now but i have never had that happen to me before and i did not realize that cooking with hot sauce could do that!!!

My question is do you think it could have done any harm to the baby......

No, no harm to the baby! But yes, that hot sauce turns into steam or something and goes right up your nose! LOL Even not cooking with it, but just EATING it (and smelling) can do that! :) You're okay though, as is the baby!

LOL.. i had no IDEA how bad it could get! I felt like i could NOT breath at all!!! I have cooked with hot sauce before and never had it happen. I think it was because i was cooking with the Daves hot sauce (one of the hottest you can get!) It was kinda funny now that i think of it...... i did not think HOT SAUSE could do that to you.... i have been pepper sprayed before (not right in the face but in my direction) and i would say it was almost as bad as that... lol

Ok so i was cooking dinner tonight and i put some hot sauce in with the meat, suddenly i started coughing like CRAZY and could not stop.. it felt like I could not breath!!!! I stepped outside and was still having a hard time, when i came back inside I started coughing and having trouble breathing again. Well needless to say i am fine now but i have never had that happen to me before and i did not realize that cooking with hot sauce could do that!!!

My question is do you think it could have done any harm to the baby......

No, no harm to the baby! But yes, that hot sauce turns into steam or something and goes right up your nose! LOL Even not cooking with it, but just EATING it (and smelling) can do that! :) You're okay though, as is the baby!

LOL.. i had no IDEA how bad it could get! I felt like i could NOT breath at all!!! I have cooked with hot sauce before and never had it happen. I think it was because i was cooking with the Daves hot sauce (one of the hottest you can get!) It was kinda funny now that i think of it...... i did not think HOT SAUSE could do that to you.... i have been pepper sprayed before (not right in the face but in my direction) and i would say it was almost as bad as that... lol

Lol, yep! This recently happened to Dh and I. We weren't even cooking with it, but using it to dip but we both got our faces close to the sauce while dipping...so as not to spill, and yeah, straight up the nose with the fumes!!! LOL

What's everyone have going on today? I'm trying to get motivated but am lacking...well...the motivation! Lol

Last night we went to a Parrothead (Jimmy Buffet fans) club meeting and won 53$ so that was nice!

Today...just watching some scary movies on tv!!

Cousin that has been being awful to me, she texted today and said she found the little wooden cars I want. She's in London right now for a few months doing her internship and I asked her to find some nice wooden cars for the baby - like the British police car and a double decker bus. She found both of them. They're going to cost me about 50$ BEFORE shipping so I'm really hoping shipping from there doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Whenever I shipped it was on the base so it was just like sending stuff through the states! But I'm really happy she kept her eyes open and is going to grab them.

I am with you on the lacking motivation.... I need to do so many things, but I just don't want to!!! :haha:

That was nice that she was paying attention for them, hopefully the shipping won't be too terrible.

ugh, I was just told that one of my students has Fifth's Disease and I was tested and I am not immune! I only see this student once a week for Art class, but still, i hate the risk. The nurse assured me that as long as I keep my distance and keep diligent about washing my hands the chances of me catching it are very slim. But still.... i hate the not knowing and I hope he didnt give to any other students at school!

ugh, I was just told that one of my students has Fifth's Disease and I was tested and I am not immune! I only see this student once a week for Art class, but still, i hate the risk. The nurse assured me that as long as I keep my distance and keep diligent about washing my hands the chances of me catching it are very slim. But still.... i hate the not knowing and I hope he didnt give to any other students at school!

Oooh that's not good! There's no way they can move him to a different class? Not sure how many art teachers there are? Be careful!!

My mum frequently ships things UK to US for me and it really depends on the weight (obviously) but she's shipped some pretty bulky/heavy stuff for I think GBP15-20... I THINK that's the most it's been. Hope it doesn't cost you too much!!

Jokerette; would taking some immune system boosting stuff help? Vitamin C, Ecchinacea (sp?) that kind of thing, just to help ward off infection. I too would be asking to have him moved to a different class, even temporarily, if that's an option.

Has anyone felt baby REALLY low, almost like s/he is falling out? :S I was MUCH further along when I had this sensation with Evey, like mid-late 30 weeks... Last night I was seriously wondering if I got up, Peawich was going to fall out of me.. :eek: I could feel pressure/movement in my butt and she was low enough to push my fingers away when I had them right above my clit area/top of my labia... Freaked me out!!!

My mum frequently ships things UK to US for me and it really depends on the weight (obviously) but she's shipped some pretty bulky/heavy stuff for I think GBP15-20... I THINK that's the most it's been. Hope it doesn't cost you too much!!

Jokerette; would taking some immune system boosting stuff help? Vitamin C, Ecchinacea (sp?) that kind of thing, just to help ward off infection. I too would be asking to have him moved to a different class, even temporarily, if that's an option.

Has anyone felt baby REALLY low, almost like s/he is falling out? :S I was MUCH further along when I had this sensation with Evey, like mid-late 30 weeks... Last night I was seriously wondering if I got up, Peawich was going to fall out of me.. :eek: I could feel pressure/movement in my butt and she was low enough to push my fingers away when I had them right above my clit area/top of my labia... Freaked me out!!!

Oh, good, I hope so! It's just two wooden "cars" so I don't think they'll weigh too much!!

He hasn't been THAT low, lol, but when I walk for long periods of time the bottom of my stomach starts to feel extremely heavy.

Actually, I've been surprised at how high this baby feels... Almost all movement and pressure is within a couple inches of my navel... it's weird.

Night, this baby has been really low too, she just seems to stay right at my pelvic bone.... almost like she is waiting for the flood gates to open.... :haha: My neighbor is shocked that I still have 16 weeks left to go, she does not think I will even make it another 10! :nope:

My baby can sometimes kick low (but not 'that' low nightkd!:blush:) & sometimes she will kick high, think she is making the most of being able to do gymnastics :haha:

Has anyone felt baby REALLY low, almost like s/he is falling out? :S I was MUCH further along when I had this sensation with Evey, le mid-late 30 weeks... Last night I was seriously wondering if I got up, Peawich was going to fall out of me.. :eek: I could feel pressure/movement in my butt and she was low enough to push my fingers away when I had them right above my clit area/top of my labia... Freaked me out!!!

Yep this buba has been down so low for about 2 weeks and it hurts so much :(
I have said to hubby i hope buba moves because i think o could end up with and early labour this pressure cant be doing me no good :(

ill put my hand up for the low baby too !
she sits so low, it feels like shes going to come right out, and my bits down there are REALLY swollen ! i dont remember having jesse feel so low until i was 39weeks +
its actually getting ridiculous !
and ive had the most excruciating stretching pains for nearly 2 full days now, and they are getting unbearable !

Has anyone felt baby REALLY low, almost like s/he is falling out? :S I was MUCH further along when I had this sensation with Evey, le mid-late 30 weeks... Last night I was seriously wondering if I got up, Peawich was going to fall out of me.. :eek: I could feel pressure/movement in my butt and she was low enough to push my fingers away when I had them right above my clit area/top of my labia... Freaked me out!!!

Yep this buba has been down so low for about 2 weeks and it hurts so much :(
I have said to hubby i hope buba moves because i think o could end up with and early labour this pressure cant be doing me no good :(

I am so glad I'm not the only one! It feels like I'm getting an endless smnear test from my LO!!! La kicked me high but this baby wirggles and headbutts and kicks and punches low, I can't believe my uterus has reached well above my belly button because I never feel anything that high!

Am also swollen down below, glad I'm not alone... tight trousers are a no no right now!

I had this problem in my last pregnancy and actually it's only up to 20 weeks that you really need to worry... after that the babycenter says
Babies whose mothers get infected after mid-pregnancy rarely have problems from the infection.

Weekend!! Woohoo!! Nice, slow start to the morning! Dh made us each a coffee (I Rarely drink ANYTHING with caffeine so once in a while I'll have a yummy coffee!) and I'm re-setting up my iTunes. My Mac hard drive was just about to totally crash so I bought a new one (hard drive) and am working on getting it all set up. I have always kept my iTunes stuff on an external drive and so now it's a lonnngggg process of getting iTunes on my computer to "see" everything on the drive. It'll take HOURS and HOURS. But, once that's done I can update my phone and iPad for the first time in Months. Lol.

In a couple hours we're heading out to the state fair! Excited! The fair here is Nothing like the one home in Florida, but it's still cute and a day out and I can get yummy fried oreos!!

My cot arrived from Germany :) We set it up and then took it down again because the cats wanted to sleep in it straight away! We got it off German Amazon because it was HALF the price of all the UK websites, it's this one - https://www.nctshop.co.uk/Babybay-Bedside-Cot/productinfo/4361/

Now we just have to pick a mattress, I never knew there was so much choice to a mattress until we started looking. Is it better to get a plastic cover for between the mattress and sheet, or an integral plastic cover? Also how many sheets do I need? I guess they have to be washed a lot. Arrgh I wish I knew what I was doing!

Anyone else feel a bit clueless?!!

We got a basic foam mattress with plastic cover built in. It did the job right up til Abbie came out of the toddler bed (so baby didn't suddenly arrive ans "steal" her bed). It's still in perfect condition.

Sheets - depends really how sicky your baby is. We were lucky in that Abbie wasn't sicky at all, so we usually worked on 2 sheets (I had 4, but prefered the colour of the 2 we used most! :haha:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->