February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

My cot arrived from Germany :) We set it up and then took it down again because the cats wanted to sleep in it straight away! We got it off German Amazon because it was HALF the price of all the UK websites, it's this one - https://www.nctshop.co.uk/Babybay-Bedside-Cot/productinfo/4361/

Now we just have to pick a mattress, I never knew there was so much choice to a mattress until we started looking. Is it better to get a plastic cover for between the mattress and sheet, or an integral plastic cover? Also how many sheets do I need? I guess they have to be washed a lot. Arrgh I wish I knew what I was doing!

Anyone else feel a bit clueless?!!

I DO!!! I have been looking at mattresses for a week now and had no idea there was so many!!!! Who knew... i though it really didnt matter that much when they are that age ( some have 150 springs and some have 180)

Okay! I'm glad I'm not alone in having a LOW sitting baby!!! Hopefully that means there'll be less distance for her to travel when it comes to labour!! :haha:

My cot arrived from Germany :) We set it up and then took it down again because the cats wanted to sleep in it straight away! We got it off German Amazon because it was HALF the price of all the UK websites, it's this one - https://www.nctshop.co.uk/Babybay-Bedside-Cot/productinfo/4361/

Now we just have to pick a mattress, I never knew there was so much choice to a mattress until we started looking. Is it better to get a plastic cover for between the mattress and sheet, or an integral plastic cover? Also how many sheets do I need? I guess they have to be washed a lot. Arrgh I wish I knew what I was doing!

Anyone else feel a bit clueless?!!

MIL picked us up a mattress for DD.. It has two sides, one for infant, one for toddler (though we flipped it back to infant the other day and DD seems to like it more...)... The selection confuse me too... =/

We have a mattress 'bag' basically, the mattress slips inside it and it gets zipped up, so it's protected all over.

We've also dealt with just 2 sheets since DD was born... I wash cloth diapers every 2-3 days ANYWAY, so when her diapers go in, the dirty sheet goes in, so there's generally always a clean sheet available.

You can get sheet protectors, which just cover up the part of the sheet baby is laying on (diaper or head area I guess...for leakage or spit up?) so you can just have a few of those which tie to the mattress on top of the sheet, so you don't have to wash the sheets as often. :)

We haven't even looked at mattresses yet but when we were in Babies r Us picking out our furniture I saw that they had a Huge selection! All I have heard is that firmer is better for babies! Other than that, no clue!!

Yay for cribs arriving. We actually found a really nice one that hadn't been recalled on craigslist today and went to pick it up. When we got it to our new house (which we bought just yesterday!) and set it up, DH was smelling it and thought he smelled something like smoke in the wood! I am hoping the seller will honestly tell us whether or not anyone smoked near it, because I'd prefer to find something else if that's the case.

Once we have the crib figured out I'll worry about mattresses. We really need to take a Babies 'R' Us trip. Looking forward to everyone's advice.

ive been getting horrific heartburn too :sick:
and still have the pains !!! :grr:
oh and i also feinted twice today :wacko: only for a few moments, but it made me feel AWFUL! :nope:

I am so clueless on breast feeding what do i need to buy- i was in kiddicare looking a right prat! I have a big pillow to rest baby on when feeding him but thats it

I am so clueless on breast feeding what do i need to buy- i was in kiddicare looking a right prat! I have a big pillow to rest baby on when feeding him but thats it

That is the great thing about breastfeeding, you dont need to buy a whole lot :thumbup:

I would suggest a good nursing bra (2 or 3) :kiss:

Breast pads to soak any leaking milk...My best ones were lansinoh breast pads :thumbup:

Another fantastic product (you dont have to buy this pre baby,but I do,as I suffer with sore nips!:blush:) is lansinoh....It really is the best thing you can buy for sore or cracked nipples & you dont have to wipe it off before feeding baby :thumbup:

I bought a breast pump pre baby ~ But never used it, so again, mayby wait & see if you need one :winkwink:

I've been recommended to buy nipple cream (lanisoh or something like that)

Other than that you shouldn't need anything. If you want to express then you'll need a pump, bottles, steraliser but if not you shouldn't need any of that.
I would suggest buying a couple of bottles and some steralising solution/tablets and a tub of formula though just in case.

You might decide to get some nipple sheilds...but I THINK that they're more for babys with a bad latch.

And nursing bras..but I think you're supposed to wait until you're 37 weeks so that they can measure you right (BUT I've seen poeple who were measured at 37 weeks and when their milk "came in" the bras didn't fit.)

Started getting a little heartburn/acid reflux, not good :nope:

me too, only had it a few times though, avoid oranges and citrus juices as they can trigger it, and apparently apples, milk and yoghurt all get rid of it. I've found apples worked for me. And for immediate relief lift your arms over your head to increase space for stomach (I looked a prat doing that at work though :rofl:) lots moe advice on the net but those are the bits I can remember.

ive been getting horrific heartburn too :sick:
and still have the pains !!! :grr:
oh and i also feinted twice today :wacko: only for a few moments, but it made me feel AWFUL! :nope:

Oh no! You poor thing! Take it easy and make sure you're drinking plenty of water!!!

Started getting a little heartburn/acid reflux, not good :nope:

me too, only had it a few times though, avoid oranges and citrus juices as they can trigger it, and apparently apples, milk and yoghurt all get rid of it. I've found apples worked for me. And for immediate relief lift your arms over your head to increase space for stomach (I looked a prat doing that at work though :rofl:) lots moe advice on the net but those are the bits I can remember.

Thanks :flower: I shall defo give those ideas a try, never heard of the lifting your arms one :thumbup:

I think we've decided on Sebastian, for sure! I keep asking him (dh) and he never said yes or no for sure. So today I was naming out some names and he says, "I thought we'd decided on Sebastian?? No?" *sigh* Lol So, that's a weight off!!

But now...the middle name. He still likes Jacob and I still like Charles (after my grandfather). I LOVE Jacob, don't get me wrong, but I'm kind of hoping the name craze dies down and we can use it as a first name in a few years.

But at least now I can order moms Christmas present!!!

I think we've decided on Sebastian, for sure! I keep asking him (dh) and he never said yes or no for sure. So today I was naming out some names and he says, "I thought we'd decided on Sebastian?? No?" *sigh* Lol So, that's a weight off!!

But now...the middle name. He still likes Jacob and I still like Charles (after my grandfather). I LOVE Jacob, don't get me wrong, but I'm kind of hoping the name craze dies down and we can use it as a first name in a few years.

Aww ~ Thats a lovely name...I have a suggestion for your middle name dilemma, have 2 middle names :thumbup:

My DD has 2 middle names, as we wanted to use my Nans middle name & 'Hope' as we feel strongly that before she came along, we hoped for a few things, one of which was a Healthy Daughter :cloud9:

I think 2 middle names is lovely :winkwink: My DS1 doesnt have a middle name at all & my DS2 has just the one :thumbup:

Wonder if this LO will have 3! :haha:

Aww ~ Thats a lovely name...I have a suggestion for your middle name dilemma, have 2 middle names :thumbup:

My DD has 2 middle names, as we wanted to use my Nans middle name & 'Hope' as we feel strongly that before she came along, we hoped for a few things, one of which was a Healthy Daughter :cloud9:

I think 2 middle names is lovely :winkwink: My DS1 doesnt have a middle name at all & my DS2 has just the one :thumbup:

Wonder if this LO will have 3! :haha:

Awe, that is a good idea! But...my only issue with Jacob is that I really love it as a first name! Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->