February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

:hugs: JP, I have no idea what to say. :(

AM - I would go with the red/tan for a girl. :shrug: Abbie had a black and yellow combo so not exactly girlie either, but we were team yellow at the time, and even if we hadn't been, we wanted something that could be used for #2 as well.

:hugs: JP, I have no idea what to say. :(

AM - I would go with the red/tan for a girl. :shrug: Abbie had a black and yellow combo so not exactly girlie either, but we were team yellow at the time, and even if we hadn't been, we wanted something that could be used for #2 as well.

thanks tig. that's a good bouns, when we do have bub#2, we can use it again :)
great call!:hugs:

JP, :hugs: I wish that it was easier!

Almostmama, with DS2 we were team yellow so we did with the Winnie the Pooh theme. We used the Graco brand and it came with the stroller and the car seat. I think that you should do the tan and red so that it can be unisex for when #2 makes an appearance! We will be using the Winnie the Pooh with Adelina, that way it gets its use! It is this type of system, just in Winnie the Pooh (and not as expensive, walmart is cheaper): https://www.gracobaby.com/Products/Pages/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductID=1790765

JP, :hugs: I wish that it was easier!

Almostmama, with DS2 we were team yellow so we did with the Winnie the Pooh theme. We used the Graco brand and it came with the stroller and the car seat. I think that you should do the tan and red so that it can be unisex for when #2 makes an appearance! We will be using the Winnie the Pooh with Adelina, that way it gets its use! It is this type of system, just in Winnie the Pooh (and not as expensive, walmart is cheaper): https://www.gracobaby.com/Products/Pages/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductID=1790765

oooh that is cute!!!!
I LOVE THE ELLIE SCHEME!!
hahaha, leave it to me to be drawn to the pink :p

but i do think we will go with the tan/red one. i cant justify passing up all of the features, just because it isn't pink.

thanks for all the help :)

Hey chatty ladies!

I have been so busy the last two weeks, I had so much reading too do!

I had my first shower last weekend, and got all kinds of great things! I am blessed with a great family! Next weekend is the shower for DH's side, and I am so excited! I have gotten almost all of my "big" items, and it's not nice to be able to start organizing the nursery.

I bought my stroller this week! I was told by Babies R Us, that BOB brand never goes on sale...well their strollers are 15% off right now. So I got the car seat adapter, handle bar adapter, and the stroller for the less than what I would normally pay for just the stroller. I gave myself a high five for that one. :)

I have gained about 15lbs so far. Hubby and I are getting a treadmill, and I can't wait to start walking! I have been here and there, but it's starting to get a little chilly here in Michigan! Soon enough the snow will be here, and I don't want to risk slipping and falling.

First pregnancy brain incident...I went to my youngest sister's volleyball tournament yesterday, and paid for a $1 item with a $10 bill and just walked away without my change. Thankfully I was with another sister (I have 3, and a brother), and she told the ladies running the concession stand it was a case of pregnancy brain, and she brought me my change. WOOPS! :)

Question for you ladies, have any of your noticed that baby clothing sizes seem to have changed? I feel like Carters has remained the same, but other brands, it seems like newborn will still fit a 10lb baby, and that 0-3 just looks huge! My niece was born September 16th, weighed 8.2, and is still in a lot of newborn items at almost 11lbs. Its making me think I need to get more newborn clothing, even if I have a big baby. I dont want her to be swimming in everything 0-3!

Hey chatty ladies!

I had my first shower last weekend, and got all kinds of great things! I am blessed with a great family! Next weekend is the shower for DH's side, and I am so excited! I have gotten almost all of my "big" items, and it's not nice to be able to start organizing the nursery.

I bought my stroller this week! I was told by Babies R Us, that BOB brand never goes on sale...well their strollers are 15% off right now. So I got the car seat adapter, handle bar adapter, and the stroller for the less than what I would normally pay for just the stroller. I gave myself a high five for that one. :)

I have gained about 15lbs so far. Hubby and I are getting a treadmill, and I can't wait to start walking! I have been here and there, but it's starting to get a little chilly here in Michigan! Soon enough the snow will be here, and I don't want to risk slipping and falling.

First pregnancy brain incident...I went to my youngest sister's volleyball tournament yesterday, and paid for a $1 item with a $10 bill and just walked away without my change. Thankfully I was with another sister (I have 3, and a brother), and she told the ladies running the concession stand it was a case of pregnancy brain, and she brought me my change. WOOPS! :)

Question for you ladies, have any of your noticed that baby clothing sizes seem to have changed? I feel like Carters has remained the same, but other brands, it seems like newborn will still fit a 10lb baby, and that 0-3 just looks huge! My niece was born September 16th, weighed 8.2, and is still in a lot of newborn items at almost 11lbs. Its making me think I need to get more newborn clothing, even if I have a big baby. I dont want her to be swimming in everything 0-3!

Liam was 8lb 4oz and had to come home with extra blankets on him because his 0-3 snowsuit was HUGE!!!
I've got lots more newborn stuff this time and knowing my luck Amelia won't fit in any of them!

Johnprincess- I don't know what to say :( her text back to you want totally uncalled for but she may just be dealing with the death in a harsh way :( I'm sorry. I hope her attitude toward you shapes up!!!

Well we weathered the storm last night as you saw from my sailor costume! We had power when we left for the party but it was out when we got home around 1am. I'm in Massachusetts and as you New Englanders know there were SO MANY fallen trees last night! Driving home from the party was weird navigating around them in the road. But I'm glad I was able to be designated driver for DH and some friends. We still have no power now so I'm doing this on my phone but I may not be on BnB for a while till we get power back! Stay warm ladies!!!!

Thanks, hon. I really hope it's just her way of dealing with it. I can forgive most anything when something like this is involved. But I don't know. She's been really odd for months now so something tells me it's NOT just the death. I hope it is though.

Good luck with the power!!! I'm glad you guys are safe and sound!

hi ladies,
just posted this as a new thread, but wnted to copy it here!

any help from my feb loves would be greatly appreciateddd :)

So, i'm just going on 24 weeks on weds, and the stroller is the FIRST thing we began to shop for.
now, many moons later, we have everything either bought or registered for, and still cannot seem to settle on a stroller!

is it JUST me, or do the number of options available make it seem OVERWHELMING???? :nope:

I want a full size with a carseat that can clip in, and most of the trendy strollers these days (ie; quinny) you have to remove the stroller seat and clip the carseat directly into the frame.
i feel like she'll be too exposed during winter this way!

I finally found a maxi-cosi (sister brand to quinny, which is what i was after, due to their sturdy wheels and strong frames)
but its only available in ONE colour; red on tan w/chocolate accents.
it's PERFECT, but we are expecting a little girl, and I worry the colours are too masculine.

Here is the link... if any of you have time, could you PLEASE have a quick peek and let me know what you think?

https://www.gograhamgo.com/2011/09/here-there-and-everywhere-with-maxi.html

any help at all would be very much appreciated!!!:hugs:

I don't think it's too masculine! *I* don't like red so that's what would be out for me, boy or girl, LOL. But if you like red, I think it would be perfectly fine!!

hi ladies,

So, i'm just going on 24 weeks on weds, and the stroller is the FIRST thing we began to shop for.
now, many moons later, we have everything either bought or registered for, and still cannot seem to settle on a stroller!

is it JUST me, or do the number of options available make it seem OVERWHELMING???? :nope:

I want a full size with a carseat that can clip in, and most of the trendy strollers these days (ie; quinny) you have to remove the stroller seat and clip the carseat directly into the frame.

I finally found a maxi-cosi (sister brand to quinny, which is what i was after, due to their sturdy wheels and strong frames)
it's PERFECT, but we are expecting a little girl, and I worry the colours are too masculine.

Here is the link... if any of you have time, could you PLEASE have a quick peek and let me know what you think?

I don't think it's too masculine... I like it!!

Vision changes in pregnancy is normal...unless its caused by pre-e...then thats different...if you are having swelling or vision issues, then you need to increase calories, SALT, and protein, remeber salt is ESSENTIAL for a pregnant woman, and if there is a high BP this acutally means you are deficient and need more salt.
As for vision, high BP can cause it, pregnancy in general can cause it, but i also find when im anemic i see spots...

Thanks! That's handy! I didn't have any problems with Evey and my eyesight is usually pretty good... I've actually borrowed DH's glasses a few times already :blush::lol: And it's still getting worse. I've been monitoring my BP regularly (more than my MW would have) and it's sticking around the same... I did read that it can be linked to gestational diabetes though and I haven't done anything that could pick that up =/ Need to get DH to measure my fundal height and weigh myself to see how we're doing with those...

I freakin' love salt!! I lick the salt off of crackers :lol: I've wondered with how run down and tired I feel, if I could be anemic, still haven't done so well in upping the iron intake...

:blush: i eat the runny eggs this time..last time i took all of the precautions but this time...eh..not so much :blush:

Isaiah's personalized blanket arrived today! Just on time for the winter storm :cold:

I'm the same... I was a lot more vigilant about the guidelines last time, but this time around I eat something and suddenly think 'OMG, am I allowed that?!' :haha:

Cute blanket!!

It's going to be waaaay too cold to bare the belly here. Not that I was thinking about it anyway. :blush:
Actually, my son is going as Indiana Jones, and I might do it, too. Here we are dressed as Indy and Big Fat Prego Indy. :)
View attachment 288070

Cute!!!! :D We aren't planning anything this year (though I did want to dress up as an oven, draw a bun on my tummy and have DH dress as a chef, but we haven't prepared at all, so oh well!)...

hi ladies,

It took us a while to find a stroller we really liked; we played with them all in Babies R Us etc and ended up settling for a Chicco Cortina travel system, green/grey, second hand... We really like it. It's the only stroller we found with an adjustable handle that wasn't HORRIBLE, folds up easily, maneuverability is good and some other stuff that I don't remember :lol: There were just a few things we noticed with messing with other strollers that we really DIDN'T want and things that we DID want our stroller to have.

I've looked at Maxi Cosi before and I like the look of them! I love those colours! I think they're fine for a girl, my DH loves red and if Chicco did a nice red that I liked, we probably would've gone for that instead of the green... I was in crazy green mode though for some reason...

Oh BTW, on that subject... Our infant carseat is second hand... Like we bought the travel system for DD from another Mama on Craigslist...

Now I'm kind of nervous about reusing it...

I'm trying to decide whether to take it in to Babies R Us when they have a trade in (think it gets us 25% off of a new carseat) and get another INFANT carseat or full travel system (it's nice to have the infant seat able to sit in the stroller, but I am wanting to baby wear a lot too....hmm) OR to get a convertible seat to use from the beginning (we like Britax - they apparently have infant inserts to make their convertible seats more suitable for newborns)... WWYD?

ETA: DH thinks it's fine to use the infant seat again, but ehhh.... I need to check the expiration date on it when DD gets up from her nap, as then that would give me an excuse to trade it in for a new one!!!! :lol:

almostmama - i think its fine for a girl :hugs:
we will be using jesses newborn seat for holly, which is red and black.
V DAY for me tomorrow :dance:
feeling a little crappy again today :cry: i said to jonno that it feels like ive not been well or felt great for even 1 whole day this whole pregnancy ! when i was pregnant with jesse, after abotu 17 weeks i felt fantastic ! i looked great, i had that pregnancy glow and everything looked amazing on me, my hair was perfect and my makeup looked great, and with holly, no matter what i do with my hair and makeup it looks horrible, i look so drained in the face all the time, ive felt like crap the entire pregnancy ! if not hyperemesis, horrible hayfever, the flu, cramps, stuffy nose, sore throat, itchy eyes or just no damn energy whatsoever ! its driving me bonkers ! this is so different to how i felt with jesse ! i thought pregnancy suited me !
jonno thinks its because girls drain you :haha: he reckons that every lady he has seen who is having a girl, looks drained, like the baby girl is stealing her 'beauty' :haha:
sorry bit of a rant :blushL

Hey ladies hope your all well..

Havent been on for awhile either.. as i have been quite busy the last few days.. between halloween stuff and today was my nephew's first birthday party.. cant believe how fast time is going.. Christmas will be here before we all know it..

Tomorrow is our town's trick or treat night...but im not sure if it will get rescheduled or not since we are getting a foot of snow. We already have about 5inches worth, and the storm warning is up until noon tomorrow :cold:

I got ladybug wings :D Im just gonna wear black leggings and a black shirt. Then put the wings and antennas on. Im gonna do some fun makeup with artificial eye lashes and some pretty red eyeshadow. I also have ladybug leg warmers :D They are red with black dots.

Isaiah has a red and white striped sweater. I got him some fake glasses and he is gonna go as Where's Waldo :haha:

I may just take him next door, but otherwise we will answer the door in our costume :D

I can not believe you are getting that much snow!! That is crazy, is it normal for it to snow like that this time of year in your area?

No, this is a very rare and atypical winter storm!
In coastal New Hampshire we NEVER get anything until January! It stays in the 40s until about Christmas, so this is really odd, especially w living on the coast bc the ocean keeps it warm here.

Well we weathered the storm last night as you saw from my sailor costume! We had power when we left for the party but it was out when we got home around 1am. I'm in Massachusetts and as you New Englanders know there were SO MANY fallen trees last night! ...We still have no power now so I'm doing this on my phone but I may not be on BnB for a while till we get power back! Stay warm ladies!!!!

We lost our power inn the middle of the night. It didn't come back on until about 3pm today. But all is good now :D

Almost Mama- i love that stroller! Its very nice! Graco has a lot of the type you are looking for. Try Babies R Us, even Target and Walmart has them too...you'll get a bigger selection online though...i love the red one :D

RedHeadBabies Wow! So glad your baby shower turned out well :D
RE: baby clothes:: it really depends on the brand. Some stuff is huge while other stuff is way too small. I highly recommend different sizes and different brands just bc of that.

nightkd Thanks! ...sounds like your BP is good :D And if/when you do check your FH, just remember there is a margin of error. You can measure 2 weeks "behind" or 2 weeks "ahead" :thumbup:

tiger Happy early V-DAY!!!!! :dance:

AFM, all three of us got dressed up for trick-or-treat tonight, but then didn't get to end up going bc isaiah was tired and needed to nap. But im also wondering if it was rescheduled since bc of the snow :shrug: We didn't get any visitors.
Here is all three of us. I went as a ladybug, isaiah was Where's Waldo, and DH went as Luigi from Mario Bros :D And my 23+3 week bumpage :) Oh and me and my "babies" cuddling :cloud9:

Attachments

• HL11all3.jpg
    HL11all3.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0236.jpg
    IMG_0236.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 8
  • A09D.tmp.jpg
    A09D.tmp.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 8
AlmostMama, I think it's overwhelming looking at things like strollers... and other baby stuff too! haha. So many options, and so much research that goes into them - like safety, vs cost, vs longevity, etc. lol. I like the one you picked though! I think it's nice! And I don't think it's too masculine at all. Ours we selected is black and grey; we really wanted to go with neutral for it, since we're hoping to use it for number two down the road. :)

RedHead - SHOWER PHOTOS?!?!??!?!?!?! :dance: lol. My first is this weekend; I cannot wait! I haven't seen some of my aunts since my sister's wedding two years ago! So I'm pumped. Four days of work and then family fun and excitement. :D

:hugs: JP - I'm so sorry you're going through such stress with this relative. I don't really know what to say, as I've never lost a parent and couldn't begin to fathom the pain in which she's suffering, however I would be hurt too if I were in your shoes. Just persevere in letting her know that you care, and if she gives you the cold shoulder, that's her choosing. At least you've done everything in your best power to give her support. xo I'm glad your party went well! :D

I'm excited for wearing my tiger ears to work tomorrow! My nails are all tiger-y and I'm hoping it's not as bitter cold tomorrow as it's been recently. :haha: I'm so not ready for this winter nonsense!

Guppy I hope you took tons of Halloween pics, because I want to see! ;)

Junebugs, I'm not sure about where Guppy is, but this is rare RARE rare for us to see snow before Halloween. My husband can only recall one other time where he has, and it was when he lived in Mansfield, which is the uppermost portion of the state, below the NY border. And that was during one of their bad winters. :shrug: Ours is almost melted already, seeing that we had a warmer day today with lots of sun. But I'm still baffled. October... and 4 inches of snow. Chris is betting Aria will be born in a snowstorm. Yikes! Can't wait to see nursery pics from your nursery!!

HAHA. Well I was demanding photos from Guppy while she was posting them. OH timing. xD

You look great! I love all the pics. SO CUTE!!!

Hey chatty ladies!

My boys were 7lbs 7oz and 7lbs 10.5oz, and they both actually wore preemie clothes for a while, as the newborn clothes were loose on them, and then they stayed in newborn/0-3 months until they were 5 months or so.... but at the same time my best friend had a 9lb 8oz and a 10lb baby and neither of them wore newborn and were into 18mo clothes before they were even 6 months old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->