February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Guppy, you are absolutely gorgeous!!

Tiger, I know how you feel about the not feeling too much energy and feeling like no matter what it is impossible to look halfway normal. That is me completely this time too. But for some reason DH still thinks I am pretty so I guess that helps me feel a little better!

Isaiah was 7lb & 10.2oz at birth and he was in newborn for a while...0-3 is actually pretty big...i think it fits closer to a 3 month old baby than a 0,1, or 2 month baby.

Oh BTW, on that subject... Our infant carseat is second hand... Like we bought the travel system for DD from another Mama on Craigslist...

Now I'm kind of nervous about reusing it...

I'm trying to decide whether to take it in to Babies R Us when they have a trade in (think it gets us 25% off of a new carseat) and get another INFANT carseat or full travel system (it's nice to have the infant seat able to sit in the stroller, but I am wanting to baby wear a lot too....hmm) OR to get a convertible seat to use from the beginning (we like Britax - they apparently have infant inserts to make their convertible seats more suitable for newborns)... WWYD?

ETA: DH thinks it's fine to use the infant seat again, but ehhh.... I need to check the expiration date on it when DD gets up from her nap, as then that would give me an excuse to trade it in for a new one!!!! :lol:

I'd go with your gut!! You never know what's happened in a used car seat, accident, etc. Personally, I wouldn't use one, not even if a friend gave it to me, and I'm not one to pass up a freebie! If it was me, I'd do the trade in and use the savings to buy a new one!

Tomorrow is our town's trick or treat night...but im not sure if it will get rescheduled or not since we are getting a foot of snow. We already have about 5inches worth, and the storm warning is up until noon tomorrow :cold:

I got ladybug wings :D Im just gonna wear black leggings and a black shirt. Then put the wings and antennas on. Im gonna do some fun makeup with artificial eye lashes and some pretty red eyeshadow. I also have ladybug leg warmers :D They are red with black dots.

Isaiah has a red and white striped sweater. I got him some fake glasses and he is gonna go as Where's Waldo :haha:

I may just take him next door, but otherwise we will answer the door in our costume :D

I can not believe you are getting that much snow!! That is crazy, is it normal for it to snow like that this time of year in your area?

No, this is a very rare and atypical winter storm!
In coastal New Hampshire we NEVER get anything until January! It stays in the 40s until about Christmas, so this is really odd, especially w living on the coast bc the ocean keeps it warm here.

Well we weathered the storm last night as you saw from my sailor costume! We had power when we left for the party but it was out when we got home around 1am. I'm in Massachusetts and as you New Englanders know there were SO MANY fallen trees last night! ...We still have no power now so I'm doing this on my phone but I may not be on BnB for a while till we get power back! Stay warm ladies!!!!

We lost our power inn the middle of the night. It didn't come back on until about 3pm today. But all is good now :D

Almost Mama- i love that stroller! Its very nice! Graco has a lot of the type you are looking for. Try Babies R Us, even Target and Walmart has them too...you'll get a bigger selection online though...i love the red one :D

RedHeadBabies Wow! So glad your baby shower turned out well :D
RE: baby clothes:: it really depends on the brand. Some stuff is huge while other stuff is way too small. I highly recommend different sizes and different brands just bc of that.

nightkd Thanks! ...sounds like your BP is good :D And if/when you do check your FH, just remember there is a margin of error. You can measure 2 weeks "behind" or 2 weeks "ahead" :thumbup:

tiger Happy early V-DAY!!!!! :dance:

AFM, all three of us got dressed up for trick-or-treat tonight, but then didn't get to end up going bc isaiah was tired and needed to nap. But im also wondering if it was rescheduled since bc of the snow :shrug: We didn't get any visitors.
Here is all three of us. I went as a ladybug, isaiah was Where's Waldo, and DH went as Luigi from Mario Bros :D And my 23+3 week bumpage :) Oh and me and my "babies" cuddling :cloud9:

How adorable do you guys look!!!!

jesse was 8lb 9 oz and he fit in 0-3mos for about 1 month i think

hi ladies,

its 01.45am here and I am awake and in agony! I have a BAD uti, I was fine approx 9pm but then went to the toilet at approx 10.15 and there started the agony! I have never had one that came on sooo suddenly and now I am actually seeing blood in my urine whilst I wipe. is this normal for a uti? I have never had it this bad- usually just a bit sore when I pee but this is constant burning!

sat here wondering what I can do at this time of the morning to help ease it - I have already drunk 3 pints of water to try and flush it out a little but dont think there is anything else I can do until morning. :-(

OMG you guys!!!! I am about ready to knock my head into the wall!!! So a couple hours ago I texted my father in law asking if he went to the viewing today (Dh's aunt is his sister). He called me back totally confused. THEY WEREN'T TOLD. Remember the text that his cousin sent me today? About how "I don't expect any of the *****'s to come." Meaning - this side of the family. Her mother's brothers and their spouses and children. So father in law called their brother to see if he was told. NOPE. And none of their "kids" were told. We were the ONLY ONES who were told. I didn't tell anyone because she (cousin) gets upset when people are told their business. She said they were splitting up the calls.

I am TRYING to give her/them the benefit of the doubt but HOW can you say you don't expect people to come when you don't TELL THEM about it?????!!!!! Seriously??? What the hell???

The only time that I have had an infection with blood was an actual bladder infection. I don't know if you or DH are able to get to a store but cranberry juice or azo are the first 2 things that come into my mind, and maybe some tylenol. :hugs I hope it gets better soon!

hi ladies,

its 01.45am here and I am awake and in agony! I have a BAD uti, I was fine approx 9pm but then went to the toilet at approx 10.15 and there started the agony! I have never had one that came on sooo suddenly and now I am actually seeing blood in my urine whilst I wipe. is this normal for a uti? I have never had it this bad- usually just a bit sore when I pee but this is constant burning!

sat here wondering what I can do at this time of the morning to help ease it - I have already drunk 3 pints of water to try and flush it out a little but dont think there is anything else I can do until morning. :-(

Awe hon, UTI's are the worst. Blood can def be in the urine during one, but you DEF want to see your doc for some meds. Water doesn't usually work for me when I have one, cranberry juice is best. I don't much like it, and it's full of sugar, but it truly does help. Please see your doc, though! You'll feel better very quickly with the meds!

thanks guys, it really is awful - cant get out at this time to get anything for it as hubby working nights and i'm home alone with the children! :-(

i would usually start with the cranberry (even tho i dont like it either) but think its a trip to the docs first thing as i have never suffered this bad! :-(

just going to have to drink some more and try going to bed soon.

geogem - are you sure its a uti ? is there a healthy number you can call ? i would be terrified! you really need to be seen by someone asap to get medication for it. if theres blood in your urine (is it definately in your urine?!?) its an advanced uti i would say which can be dangerous. please ring a health number or get to the hospital
:hugs:

Ive had a lot of UTIs, since childhood (ive learned how to prevent them though). Anyways, there was only one time that i had blood in my urine..it was SOOOOO painful! So very painful! I went to the ER it was so bad, and the doctor there was absolutely flabbergasted that i did not have a kidney infection....DEF see a doctor ASAP!

Hi Ladies,

Again a long time between posts for me. Been finding it difficult lately with DH away and DS is a handful. I'm feeling really tired all the time and am Huge. I'm bigger then when I gave birth to DS and am extremely uncomfortable. Despite all that I found the nesting urge has kicked in something chronic and after the weekend I am knackered but my entire house is sparkling clean complete with finished nursery and now I'm left with an urge to do all this organising and preparation for the baby when the only thing left to do is pack my hospital bag.
It's making me twitchy.

Sorry bit of a rant there, just kind of got on a roll.

Well hope you are all ticking along fine and I am going back to read what you all have been up to since I last stopped by.

Cheers.

went to the hospital after a while and they made me stay in for 8 hours!! :-( was peeing bright red so they wanted to do all the checks and stab me numerous times. but i was right - bad uti, antibiotics for a week!!

now i am going back to bed as i only got 1 hour at the hospital last night!

Aw Geo! I'm so sorry about your UTI!! :( I only had one once where there was blood in my urine and it was horrifically painful. :/ I hope your antibiotics help you ASAP. xoxo

Awww, Gem, glad you went and got meds. Hope they start working right away!!

JP-- that's utterly ridiculous!! How could she NOT TELL them??!! Such family drama... ugh. Who needs it? Sheesh. :wacko:

jonno thinks its because girls drain you :haha: he reckons that every lady he has seen who is having a girl, looks drained, like the baby girl is stealing her 'beauty' :haha:
sorry bit of a rant :blushL

That is what 'they' say :thumbup:

Daughters do steal your beauty....:kiss:

Looks like im ending up a minger! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member