February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

gem im glad youre feeling better!

UTI prevention: Probiotics are good friends ;) So authentic and organic cranberry juice, cranberries, and cranberry pills are all good. If you are drinking the juice do NOT drink the stuff labeled "cranberry cocktail" (or anything similar)...sugar is only going to aid the bad bacteria...so make sure it says something about being organic or whatever. Yogurt too! Lots of yogurt :D But keep in mind those are more for prevention than cure...doesn't mean it couldn't cure one, but its not likely once it advances to a certain stage :nope:...anyways, those never really worked for me even though i used the cranberry supp religiosly...the thing that worked best for me was urinating BEFORE AND AFTER :sex:...sometimes before wasn't possible :blush: BUT after...DEF pee AFTER :sex:! Thats probably the majority reason why women of child bearing age get UTIs. Also, make sure your underwear (if you wear them :flasher: haha) is cotton and not some other fabric.

If you get a UTI keep on eating/drinking the cranberries and make sure you get your yogurt in 2x per day (make sure its REAL yogurt ;)). The antibiotic can be a life savor but the downfall is that it kills ALL bacteria in your urinary system...it does not differentiat between GOOD bacteria and BAD bacteria :nope: You need GOOD bacteria in your system for daily living but also to fight off anything that may come in. So keep up your probiotics so that your GOOD bacteria level can help assist with the healing process and so that you dont lose those as well. :thumbup:

Currently in hiding. Never had so many trick or treaters and we're all out of chocolate. :rofl: I actually didn't even think our village had that many "children"....

^^^ :haha:
We're going to need to hide pretty soon if we don't get out of the house since trick-or-treat starts in ten minutes and we didn't buy any candy since we plan to be out!

I was amazed I never got a UTI while we were ttc because I always tried NOT to pee after :sex:. I knew that was a risk but I didn't want to take any chances at losing :spermy:!

Wow, weekend off and 26 pages behind!! catching up, here's what I've got so far:

...we were going to put DS on the state health insurance (its called New Hampshire Healthy Kids) and its only for kids, but they refused him coverage on account of we make $5.95 over the monthly allowence :cry: that is rediculous! seriously! then maybe my husband should work one hour less each month and then we would get it...ah, sorry for my rant, but its upsetting to us. its like we have to choose between good health or paying our mortgage....or paying for healthy foods.
Thanks for your advice and kind words :hugs:

I know just how you feel Guppy,:hugs: my husband can't find work and his income support has stopped. You can work up to 16 hours a week and get IS but if you're in a couple and one person works more than 24 hours (why not 32?????) you're not elligible. I work 25 hours a week :dohh: at close to min. wage. So our friend who lives with his parents rent free and they both work full time - he gets full income support but we have to live of my 25 hour a week wage which covers the rent and food bills, not water, gas, electric, insurance, phone etc. Just living off savings and going to get worse when I'm on maternity in a few weeks, which brings me on to dizzy...

When is everyone intending to go on Maternity Leave?
My letter to my employer and my MATB1 form needs to be handed in on Friday and I have no idea when I want to leave!!!! I know my dates dont have to be set in stone but I would prefer just to have one date and stick to it then change my mind and remember to hand a new letter in early enough with the new date!

Mine is booked for Jan 3rd but school breaks up Dec 20th so get 2 extra weeks :) 36 days to go, I'll be 35 weeks, initially planned to go back for a week after the hols but think I would have struggled and it's not worth it for 1 week extra pay.

I cannot do real trees.... my grandparents and my stepmom love them!! I just couldn't handle all of the clean up and maintenance of a real tree!! We don't have animals but my kids probably would be worse, Tony loves to pull things apart, and my kids break the plastic ornaments and my dad's animals can't!

I love real trees, we bought one in a pot 2 years ago and even though it's lost about half the needles I still love it! looks a bit ragamuffin but still sweet when all the decorations are on and I LOVE the smell! We put decs up first weekend in december and take them down by 6th of Jan. If we miss 6th of Jan keep them up as it's meant to be bad luck to take down after that. As OH took them down last year we have a bit of tinsel on the banisters and a candle holder in the front room that were missed and have been up all year.:haha: Our cat was really funny with the tree kept trying to rub his face on it and ended up knocking off decorations and getting his head stuck in it!!

Ok keep reading...

Attachments

• Photo0096.jpg
    Photo0096.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 2
I have to admit, i did the same (with TTC and not peeing), and every once in a while i do it now, but i can say when i never ever did that, I had problems. But if it was short term i didnt, usually

aahhh ladies, maybe this is where i have gotten the problem we bd'd saturday night and i didnt pee afterwards - usually would - not because of uti's just habit! i did the typical male thing of just turn over and fall asleep! ooppss!!

i cant help but pee every 15 freaking minutes these days ! :grr: i pee in the shower :)blush:) , pee right before going to bed about an hour later and then 2 hrs after that im up in the middle of the night ! its bloody ridiculous!
junebugs - :hugs: lots of hugs! i was having one of 'those' days yesterday and i was crying for most of the day to be honest. jesse was being a demon spawn :devil: and would not do anything i asked, or wouldnt stop if he was doing something wrong ! i tried doing hollys part of the room and he just kept wrecking everything i was doing :cry: and dirtying all the clothes i had just spent hours washing :cry: chucking tantrums at every little thing. my dad came in to say hello and proceeded to tell me i was a horrible mother for telling him off for wrecking hollys things :saywhat: :cry: (my dad is what you would call the biggest helicopter parent in the world and sometimes i really think he thinks jesse is HIS son !!!)
i had a fight with my mum and just generally had an AWFUL day and was crying about everything and stressing so bad i kept getting nosebleeds. i had 8 in total yesterday !

anyway on a lighter note .....
HAPPY V DAY TO ME !!!

also its a fairly large day in australia today, its melbourne cup day (a BIG horse race where you dress up all pretty etc and watch it on the tv)
im not into the horse racing crap :dohh: but after yesterday i want to feel good about myself a little so im going to attempt to dress up nice and go down with jesse and a few girls with their toddlers

4 years ago I was sitting in a pub/hotel bar in Sydney watching the Melbourne Cup then. :haha: We aren't into the horse racing either but it was a big thing so we joined in!

yeh i dont really care about the horse racing to be honest, im not lucky in the slightest so definately wont be placing a bet :haha:
but the pub has an all you can eat lunch going on for $22 :munch:
i will post pics later of my attempt to get dressed up (if jesse lets me ! )

Yay I caught up, took over and hour !!

Feb 14th team blue!

Welcome :wave: Nice to have you here, It's a lovely group.

lol, that is funny!! Be like the Dr walked in while I was undressing, so I felt like a :flasher:...?
Adelina does not move that much... she likes to move when people aren't touching her, so if I lay in a bed she moves against the bed, but if DH touches my belly she doesn't move!!

baby is just getting more active every day and now is so big can feel it move all the way across stomach not just in one place, really makes me realise how big it is!

In other news, I have been trying to do relaxation exercises from my hypnoborth class, but husband is being rubbish at helping me and when I try to do them in bed his BLOODY AWFUL SNORING is stopping me from even hearing the bloody words!!! I want to strangle him, it is so frustrating. How this baby will ever sleep with what sounds like an elephant with a bunged up nose snoring away is beyond me.

oh dear bec, are you using headphones? I tried once without and it was not happening, OH is such a fidget it really distracts me and then the cat starts meowing too!. Quite often do it before I get up now when everyone else is asleep (guess that's no help with your snoring dilema though)

Becstar, how are you liking hte hypnobirthing classes? We don't have any classes that are offered in our area, so I ordered the book last week and started learning the method and techniques on my own. I'm excited and hope I stay relax while giving birth!

Have you been on tums to mums website? there are some free downloads on there I really like the 54321 relaxation track, if you like them you can buy the others quite cheaply.

JP - love that hat you made

swan - you should be on commission for babylegs, bet you've made them so much money! maybe that could be your SAHM job??

as for the strollers/ travel system we're just getting a car seat and using the sling the rest of the time! can always change mind and get one once baby is here if it's really needed but we figured we won't be doing much walking in Feb anyway and if it's really cold want the baby snuggled up with us not stuck in a pram! will just get a buggy when he/she is older and to heavy to carry everywhere.

get well soon gem:hugs:

Our carpet for the nursery is coming next week :happydance:fingers crossed, so can finally put all the furniture back in there, all the rooms are just swimming in baby things at the moment and had no carpet in 2 rooms for a month.

I am really not happy with my ticker....:wacko:

so exciting I can't believe it's so soon, are you ready?

and happy v day tiger:happydance:

Happy V-day Tiger!!! :dance:

Here is my pumpkin bump!
Happy Halloween y'll! :flasher:
IMG_0256.jpg

right, I forgot to take pics of this years halloween costume oops so here is me last year in the same outfit (obviously had to be adjusted) and also one of my little man from last year - will get this years of the boys later as my mum has taken them trick or treating this year as I have been told to relax!

107.jpg

124.jpg

003.jpg

Your pumpkin bump is so cute!!!!

I'm behind by 6 pages already - in just a day! Haha - so i will do a proper catch up later or tomorrow. My laptop is dead ATM and I'm being lazy... lol

ha ha, and that was pre-pregnancy!! lol

thanks hun, having boobs is great but I seem to have the stomach and backside to match!!

I have a stomach and backside with no boobs....now THATS a crappy deal :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->