February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Hey ladies!!

Welcome Betho

Mrsm- I am sending you good thoughts and can't wait to hear the good report!

Engineergirl- So glad you are in and can get settled before the baby gets here.

Johnsprincess- I would hold off until you know for sure. You wouldn't want to do it 2x's ya know.

I have a customer on the way through the door so I will catch up on my news later. Hope you all have a good day!

Do we have a Facebook group???

I believe you're added now! (If you were one of the two that requested it!) :thumbup:

Nope wasn't me.. i dont have FB at work.. i will join tonight when i get home.

KELLY- BIG HUGS FOR YOU!!! :hugs::hugs:

GUPPY- That looks like an awesome stroller! I am having such a hard time picking one out (my mother offered to buy it for me)

I took DS for a long walk this am and that travel system is amazing!
If you are looking for a price savy deal but a NICE system, thats def the one!

JuneBugs-thats awesome she is buying you one!!! Depending on the price limit, i find those orbit strollers to be the coolest things and the icandy ones! They are expensive, but if someone else is paying, might as well get something great! haha

:cloud9:happy belated V-Day to my Elliot Nehemiah!:cloud9:

Yesterday was Viability Day

I took DS for a long walk this am and that travel system is amazing!
If you are looking for a price savy deal but a NICE system, thats def the one!

JuneBugs-thats awesome she is buying you one!!! Depending on the price limit, i find those orbit strollers to be the coolest things and the icandy ones! They are expensive, but if someone else is paying, might as well get something great! haha

:cloud9:happy belated V-Day to my Elliot Nehemiah!:cloud9:

Yesterday was Viability Day

I will look into that one... she said cost is no issue and to get whatever i want... is that one a travel system too? I really wanted that

HAPPY V-DAY TO ELLIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bunny::bunny::bunny:

yep, it can :D

Also you can buy extra parts to get different uses out of it :thumbup:
Def watch the videos. ..the thing i like about the orbit is that it swivals around 360 degrees, even for the carseat, and that is super convenient especially when the baby starts get bigger!

https://www.orbitbaby.com/en/

Happy V-Day Guppy! And anyone else who's there now! :)

What do you guys think on Red Raspberry Leaf Tea? I'm tempted to get some and start drinking it now (supposed to be generally good, good for toning up uterus and it might help me drink more water during the day (thinking I'll try it iced ;)))... I was always under the impression you should wait until close to or full term, but I've also read it's gentle enough to drink throughout pregnancy. Am I okay to start now?

Oh and for anyone in the US:

https://www.iherb.com/

Use code: NUM371 if you're a new customer, for $5 off of order... Then just pay shipping (which seems to be reasonable).

ETA: They also have 1 free sample per order!! :D

https://www.iherb.com/Free-Samples

So happy to see you all doing so well. It warms my heart. I needed that today. I came in here today as you all make me smile when tears are streaming at the loss of Baby D, my February Angel!

TEQUIERO, JOKERETTE, TIGER, ALMOST MAMA, SAPHIRE76... thank you for your thoughts. I loove seeing your pics! Needed all of this today. Not sure why, but the BFN really got me down this morning and seeing your messages was a blessing. Miss you guys! Thanks! :hugs:

SS 17DPO:Heavily Bloat-y. Gassy. Irritable.

You can still stalk my chart, but... BFN!! I kinda figured a couple of days ago that the chances were slim, no sore bbs really did a trick on my hopefulness as with both previous PGs I had them and in fact is all I really ever get with PGs or AF. Still no:af: but temps are declining so I expect her soon. The LP is still longer this month, my cycle is longer thus far as well, the first one after MC was 41 days, so, maybe that will be a positive thing next cycle... YES! I am going in for December! I did make an appt with my doc for a check up on things but that is in 2 weeks. Any good plans for you all this weekend? Waiting patiently for anything... :coffee: (that's tea) :haha:FXD! :dust:

What do you guys think on Red Raspberry Leaf Tea? I'm tempted to get some and start drinking it now (supposed to be generally good, good for toning up uterus and it might help me drink more water during the day (thinking I'll try it iced ;)))... I was always under the impression you should wait until close to or full term, but I've also read it's gentle enough to drink throughout pregnancy. Am I okay to start now?

Ive gotten mixed reviews on this as well, however, i have come to the conclusion that taking it before and during pregnancy is more beneficial. A lot of ppl that think you shouldn't take it until full term are the ones that misinterpret the use of RRLT. They think RRLT will throw you into labor-that it can start labor...some ppl may say it did, but honestly as a birth educator and doula, i know thats not going to happen...it may be coincidental but RRLT will not throw you into labor (which is what those ppl worry about taking it before 37 weeks). However, RRLT is good for uteruine toning and the other stuff you stated. In order for it to be effective, it needs to be taken over time, so i say start it now (always talk to your doc/MW first though). Im going to start taking it now too (i forgot about it :dohh:). Taking it at full term wont prove much benefit to your uterus since it wouldn't been taken very long to get the effects.

Ive gotten mixed reviews on this as well, however, i have come to the conclusion that taking it before and during pregnancy is more beneficial. A lot of ppl that think you shouldn't take it until full term are the ones that misinterpret the use of RRLT. They think RRLT will throw you into labor-that it can start labor...some ppl may say it did, but honestly as a birth educator and doula, i know thats not going to happen...it may be coincidental but RRLT will not throw you into labor (which is what those ppl worry about taking it before 37 weeks). However, RRLT is good for uteruine toning and the other stuff you stated. In order for it to be effective, it needs to be taken over time, so i say start it now (always talk to your doc/MW first though). Im going to start taking it now too (i forgot about it :dohh:). Taking it at full term wont prove much benefit to your uterus since it wouldn't been taken very long to get the effects.

That's pretty much what I was thinking...! If I start taking it with just a few weeks left and then go into labour a week 'early' or something, I wouldn't have been taking it long at all... :shrug:

I like the taste of it anyway, so I think I might order some tea now and then in a few weeks, order some pills so I can make sure I'm increasing to a good amount and getting it regularly...

Hello ladies, sorry i have not been around alot but i am waiting for bt to come install us a new line and they have now told me they cant get here till the 17th :(

If i dont get on for a while then good luck kelly with your big move x

I started taking it last time from about 32 weeks I think and Ilana was 16 days late and I had to be induced, so for me it definitely didn't cause premature labour!!! I think that for me I would still wait until around the same time to take it but that's just me being cautious.

UK ladies, have your midwives mentioned the flu jab? Mine hasn't so far and I am unsure about it... I just feel odd having it in pg and have never had flu ever.

Yeh I don't want it, I'm never poorly so I dont see the need so they an save it for some one who needs it lol

I had the flu really bad a couple years ago and said never again! So last year I had the shot and didn't get the flu, though my arm was sore forEVER. This year I was putting it off because I didn't know if I wanted to risk the sore arm. And at my ob appt last week, the dr asked if I wanted it and I didn't know I could actually get it right then and right there. So I said yes, and the dr did it herself and it was sore for like that afternoon and that was it.
I got it too because my DH doesn't agree with the shot and so our son won't be getting it. So this is a way to help protect him a little bit as well. :thumbup:

I have no issue with jabs in general and will get the baby immunised against MMR etc but I have this weird thing about the flu jab... I guess because they constantly change it. Plus my brother had a terrible reaction to the swine flu jab and it really put me off.

I have no issue with jabs in general and will get the baby immunised against MMR etc but I have this weird thing about the flu jab... I guess because they constantly change it. Plus my brother had a terrible reaction to the swine flu jab and it really put me off.

I agree with you. My Dr. did tell me i should get it but I am not going too..

I know im not in the UK, but it still recommended here. However, i decided not to get it for a plethora of reasons...mainly because i havn't had the flu since i was 10 and im a stay at home mom, so my risk is a lot less than someone who works or has their child in daycare. But bigger than that, if you read the insert for the flu shot, it's no known whether the strands used in labs to create the shot actually work for strands that are naturally occuring. :dohh: If you read closely on the insert you can find out for yourself. Also, there is only a few strands put in the shot and its whatever the CDC (or whoever it is that researches it), says is the *most likely* strand for you to get...it usually has strands from last yr in it...they try to put new strands for the most common for this year, but really they can't do that since they dont have the strands yet, so you are not protected from all flu strands and there are tons of them-you just never know which youll come into contact. Most people think if you get the shot you wont get the flu, but bc of these factors, its not totally true....but i do know some ppl think highly of the shot and so its def. a personal decision, plus you have to keep in mind your lifestyle. For someone like me, im not at as large a risk, but for someone that works alot or is around sick people (like a nurse or doctor) and/or has children in childcare, i could totally see that! I think taking lifestyle into consideration makes its a per person basis. It sorta annoyes me that doctors and other large corporations say getting the flu shot is a must...well maybe for some people in certain demographics it is, but its not for everyone. Maybe if i had asthma or was elderly then i would consider it, if i were working i would think about it (depending on my job), if my kid was in school or put in daycare then i probably would get it, but thats not my situation.plus we just dont know enough of the effects on an unborn baby for me to be able to make a fully informed decision, so for me, i just assume not get it, but that doesn't make someone wrong for getting it. Just think about your own circumstances, do the research, and make your choice.

I know im not in the UK, but it still recommended here. However, i decided not to get it for a plethora of reasons...mainly because i havn't had the flu since i was 10 and im a stay at home mom, so my risk is a lot less than someone who works or has their child in daycare. But bigger than that, if you read the insert for the flu shot, it's no known whether the strands used in labs to create the shot actually work for strands that are naturally occuring. :dohh: If you read closely on the insert you can find out for yourself. Also, there is only a few strands put in the shot and its whatever the CDC (or whoever it is that researches it), says is the *most likely* strand for you to get...it usually has strands from last yr in it...they try to put new strands for the most common for this year, but really they can't do that since they dont have the strands yet, so you are not protected from all flu strands and there are tons of them-you just never know which youll come into contact. Most people think if you get the shot you wont get the flu, but bc of these factors, its not totally true....but i do know some ppl think highly of the shot and so its def. a personal decision, plus you have to keep in mind your lifestyle. For someone like me, im not at as large a risk, but for someone that works alot or is around sick people (like a nurse or doctor) and/or has children in childcare, i could totally see that!

That is the EXACT reason why I am not getting it.

Also, i dont think most ppl know this, but i just wanted to point out, the flu ITSELF is not harmful to a baby (under normal circumstances, there is also exceptions to the rule, so it could be possible to be bad to the baby), the problem is if the mother gets a fever (i think over 102.2 degrees but can't be sure. ). The fever from the flu is where the biggest risk runs for the baby, not the flu itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->