February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

My sister is a nurse and said 'the virus itself isn't active' - so I am baffled as to how it works then?

I got my flu jab, the nurse was running the clinic when I went for my last midwife appointment so I just joined the queue. I've not had flu for years, but the midwife was very clear that being pregnant puts me in the high risk group and that pregnant women who got swine flu last year were totally knocked off their feet for weeks, or hospitalised. That might just be scare tactics and worse case scenario, but I'd rather be safe than sorry personally. It didn't hurt at all and I've had no side effects as far as I know.

Mrs MM lovely to hear from you really hope December is your month KMFX

UK ladies, have your midwives mentioned the flu jab? Mine hasn't so far and I am unsure about it... I just feel odd having it in pg and have never had flu ever.

Yes I'm wondering about this too, I've been advised twice now to have the combined jab Pandermix. I've had seasonal flu jabs a couple of times but didn't last year and really not keen while pregnant. Cochrane review of literature is not very supportive of giving it out universally, apparently the label on the packets says something like should be given to pregnant women only when there is good reason but GPs and midwives are giving out univesal advise:shrug:. Tried to find current info on swine flu but it's really hard, as far as I can see it's active in some places in southern hemisphere like indonesia but nothing in Northern Hemisphere at the moment? (this was on WHO website). The drugs companies are saying it's safe because the other flu jabs are so they can assume swine flu jab is too, which didn't sound too convincing to me.

My sister is a nurse and said 'the virus itself isn't active' - so I am baffled as to how it works then?

:dohh: good question! You've got me wondering the same!

My (very) basic understanding is that the cell is still the same although not active- it can't cause the disease but your immune system can learn to recognise the cells and produce antibodies which fit to that shape of cell so if it comes across it in the future it knows how to make the antibodies.

Had 28wk MW apt today, and... booked a homebirth!! :eek:

Have got 1 hypnobirth session left and now feeling so relaxed and confident about the birth think it will be fine at home!! Didn't even consider it at first so it's a big turn around!! So excited about birth now, can't wait :happydance:

Got to hear the hb again (don't have a doppler so it's a right novelty) was 140 thought it would be slower by now.

And even more excited because new carpets being put down in 4 rooms in our house on MONDAY:yipee: Needed doing since we moved in 3 years ago but landlord has taken ages to get round to it.

I shall try join the facebook group next time I log on to it......I very rarely go on it anymore. Think the last time I ventured onto facebook was the middle of September coz my 'friend' messaged me on there and I still havent been on to reply to her - oops!!!

p.s. check out my shiney new countdown ticker for days left at work :happydance:
look at your ticker!! i bet you're excited !! :dance:

kelly - i hope you have fun,it must be hard. it was for me moving across state let alone continents

guppy- happy belated v-day to yourself and holly !!!! :happydance:

nightkd - although i never pushed jesse out vaginally fully (i got him a little out but no further), i say it works ! i will be taking it again this time even though im having a c-section but for blood loss and to tone the uterus. when in full labour with jesse, it moved quite quickly, i was in bearable pain until 6cm ! :shock: and it was fast when we finally got started. also i had hardly any blood loss for the lochia. i bled for a week and a half, and it was like a light period. so i would highly recommend it !! :thumbsup:

yay for a homebirth sparklez !!
if i didnt have such a crappy labour in general last time i might have considered it !
ok so my lovely toddler has decided that he doesnt need to nap every day and refused to nap yesterday :dohh: so couldnt get much done but here are a few photos of jesses playroom (will be hollys playroom too when i buy her more toys etc) and jesse and hollys room .

letters im making... have since painted them but they look crap since ive painted them :cry:
P1010005.jpg
rocking cradle (im in the middle of buying frills off the internet for the bottom and over the top but because its an old cradle (the one i used as a newborn) the frills are very hard to find !!)
P1010006.jpg
half of her cupboard(i have many many more of her clothes in a box lol )
P1010007.jpg
part of the playroom
P1010097.jpg
jesses cot etc in the room at the moment
P1010100.jpg

yay for nesting and baby shopping! we bought the 2nd colour for scarlet's nursery today, doing green and pink, and just have the 2 green walls left to do! got her crib built, and her dresser is next on the list!!. it's coming SO quickly, but i cannot believe how much there is to buy!! lol. my shower is the 26th of this mth, so hopefully that will help out a lot, since this is our first and we started w/nothing! lol.

i requested to join the FB book.
I'm Samantha Paul
(I assume u know this by now Kris, lol)

sorry about your BFN MM24 :( but this means that maybe you'll get a christmas surprise :) ill be thinking about you and sending you LOTS of luck, love, and baby dust until then!!! xo

I just ordered a bag of RLT from that iherb website :) I couldn't find any straight RLT last time and ended up with the 3rd tri tea by Earth Mama and HATED it... It has peppermint in it I believe and it aggravated my heartburn :( so I didn't drink it... And left it too late to order RLT...

Bump pic:
https://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z356/PrettyMama90/IMGP1506.jpg

Pics look good Tiger!!! I'd really like to work out DD's room before Peawich arrives, I started on some wall letters for E and was totally unhappy with how they were turning out, so they've been stored since... I'd love a nice wall decal (since we're going to be moving from here at some point - don't really want to paint here) but they're pretty expensive...

great bump !!!
yeh im not sure im so happy with the way they turned out :( ill try some more but just might end up needing to go to town again for some wooden letters in a few weeks .argh i spent a lot of money on the paints and alot of time trying to do this ! im not very crafty and im incredibly impatient lol
i also just bought some cheap tule from the local op shop and im going to sew a fly net/ sheet thing for over the bassinet. ive never sewn in my life so this may take me a while

Added betho to OP.
I am still here reading along girlies, just been completely rushed all the time so not commenting.

News here:
I've been ill since Sunday. Not flu-ey or anything, just like the morning sickness (all-day) revisited. Not fun!
I have 5 weeks til I go off on Maternity Leave (Xmas is the busiest time/heaviest work where I am so don't want to over-do it! :haha:). Quite excited because in that 5 weeks, I have 2 weeks hols to take, leaving 3 weeks work. I work a max of 2 shifts/week, so 6 more days of work and I'm DONE! :shock:

tiger i love your nursery pics it's going to look fab. could you get letters off ebay or a site like etsy?

night - we've got declals, got to wait 3 wk after painting to put them up so 2 wk left. we got these: https://www.beckyandlolo.co.uk/product/jungle_wall_stickers_/ they were about £12 off amazon, free delivery and there's enough in there for the whole room as we don't want them everywhere

tigger - so jealous! I've got 34 days at work till maternity leave, can't wait

congrats on 3rd Tri!!!!! :)

I'm so excited... only 5 more days until I'm into the double-digit countdown!!! :)

great bump !!!
yeh im not sure im so happy with the way they turned out :( ill try some more but just might end up needing to go to town again for some wooden letters in a few weeks .argh i spent a lot of money on the paints and alot of time trying to do this ! im not very crafty and im incredibly impatient lol
i also just bought some cheap tule from the local op shop and im going to sew a fly net/ sheet thing for over the bassinet. ive never sewn in my life so this may take me a while

I like to be crafty, but I'm impatient too!!! :lol: I tried to do a garden theme on ours and I'm thinking I might need to go for something more simple... They are 3d, beveled edge (is that the right word?) so I was trying to draw little scenes... Like grass on bottom, butterflies flying etc... I just don't think these are going to work like that and patterns etc, or even just plain colours would work a lot better.

I love tulle! I want to take a trip to the fabric store to get some materials to make some hanging butterflies... We'll see how that turns out :nope::haha: I have so much inspiration, but when I go to start a project I get frustrated quickly so it never gets finished :blush:

BTW, we had a 4.7 mag earthquake here this morning O_O Totally freaky!! It woke DH up, I was already up on my computer and it took a few seconds to realise what was going on.. It shook the plates in the kitchen and stuff on DH's desk, it felt like someone stomping to begin with (we live in an apartment, so that was one of my first thoughts!) then it got stronger and I thought there was an explosion or something, then logic kicked in and I realised it was probably an earthquake... Scurried into the bedroom to squeal at DH :lol: I was shaking (aside from the quake) and everything...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->