February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

hahaha amanda, that's a GREAT metaphor.
thanks for the advice ladies :)

lots of exciting scarlet stuff this wknd :) outside of getting the 2nd paint colour for her nursery, we got the crib assembled, and bought the diaper bag!
i'd been searching forever, and hated basically everything we saw.
finally found the JJ cole system 180 bag, in "black damask", the one on the right of the pic in the link.
absolutelyyyyy love it! perfect size, and so many extras. especially like the stroller grips (clip ons that u can attach from the bag to the stroller handle to avoid bending to the under carriage storage bin)

it also comes w/the changing pad in the form of an on-the-go clutch, and a soother pod! im so excited!

https://jjcolecollections.com/system-180

shower is the 26th, so hopefully within a month or so, we will be fully prepared, with nursery set and ready to go!

id like to be finished super early, so we can just enjoy the last tri, and get ready to bring home our little bunnie-bum!

I think if you steralize it, its fine..i know the companies advise against it but i think thats bc they are trying to cover their arses.

Okay, so Burlington Coat Factory had NO maternity coats :dohh: non whatsoever! and i can't even go up a size in regular coats bc im really short and so are my arms :blush: i tried on lots of coats (which basically i swimmed in lol), and finally found one in my normal size. It is a winter coat and has two parts. There is an inner fleece zippy which can be worn without or without the coat. then there is the outter shell. The inside part is VERY stretchy and i know it will last through the winter. The outside shell will probably get me until end of Dec/early Jan. I figure at least i'll be able to zip up the inside and wear the outtershell, just wont be able to zip it...who knows, maybe i'll get lucky and it will fit the entire time-zipped :haha:

Ugh, no maternity coats?? Boo.
I haven't gone yet, but I had high hopes for Burlington. I have fairly long arms, though, so I might be okay just going up a size.
Also saw old navy is having a coat sale but Idk if they have any maternity.
Whatever I do, I have to do it soon! My coat is b a r e l y fitting!
Cute bag, Almost Mama! Similar to what I want.
I've been totally emotional lately, too. Just wanted to cry today for no reason... and been wanting to cry at tiny things, too.
And now they have the nerve to start showing Christmas commercials!! Just saw the first one-- a guy is in the army and he opens up a package from his family and there is a book-- one of those recordable ones-- and his son is reading the story about Charlie Brown and the Christmas tree... :cry:
Darn you, Hallmark!

:hugs:

Old Navy and Target both have Maternity (some old navys dont at the store but do online. Our ON has an actual maternity section in the store but its very little). There isn't a very big selection at either though.

I agree with an ugh on the coat issue. I'm hoping my regular coat will work - there's still room for my bump to almost double (although everyone at church keeps making comments like "I can barely tell you're pregnant" and "you're just starting to show" even though I can't see my feet when I look straight down anymore), and then I can undo a bottom button. At least that's my plan. My coat is a 2P and it's STILL too long in the arms (and I keep forgetting to get it tailored in the summer). They don't even make regular coats in my size, unless it's little girl's, much less maternity! So short ladies, I really sympathize. Someone needs to come up with a real, honest to goodness petite maternity line.

Jokerette, sorry about your hormonal day.

Kelly, so sorry about all the sad stuff, but hope that the new location holds so much joy to make it all worth it!

swanxxsong, sounds like your first shower was so fun. Yay for baby stuff! So far we've gotten loads of hand-me-downs and I finally had someone offer to host me a shower so I'm actually getting one.

Oh ladies, I am glad that it does not get too terribly cold here!! I can stick with hoodies!! :haha:

The baby has been pushing so low all day, it has been horrible.

I was also wanting to make sure who the person with the initials TMH on facebook was here, just so that we know when we accept.... :shrugs: I don't want you to feel left out at all!!

https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsus/Maps/US2/35.37.-98.-96_eqs.php

2 earthquakes now, last night was the biggest one on record for Oklahoma. Had a lot of aftershocks throughout today... We haven't felt any of them though. The 5.6 last night was scary though... DH is uncontactable tomorrow/entire week, so I'm a little nervous of a bigger one and not being able to call him :(

Okay, I've been away all weekend with barely any time to get on here! First an update and then I'll try to start going back and ready all that's happened!!

We left Friday and got up to St Louis that evening. We basically ran into his dads, I changed, we grabbed him, and then set off for Dave and Busters! Fun place! There we met our friends who moved up there and their kiddos. And they are giving me their Jeep single jogging stroller! Woohoo!

After that was Target where I got a maternity coat (much needed the next night!!)

Saturday was wedding day for Dh's cousin. Very nice, though it was in this adorable town full of wineries...which of course I couldn't participate in. We did go to ONE and got a tasting of 5 wines. I took a sip from each one. Yummers!

Today we ran to Gymboree because they're having a good sale and got some MORE clothes for the little guy!!!

Annndddd now we're home! Phew!

Looks like we're probably moving to Houston. Dh really doesn't like it here in Arkansas...mostly because the ocean isn't here. Lol. I've lived in way worse places than this and am perfectly happy. But, I don't mind moving around so I'm fine with this. They should know fairly soon if this is going to happen and then the move will be Feb or March!! ACK!!! AND Dh doesn't want the military to pack us up. He wants to do it ourselves. This will involve MULTIPLE trips back and forth because not only will we need a full sized moving truck, but we have 2 vehicles and jet ski's!!!! ARGH!! Ah well.

Hey ladies!!

Welcome Betho

Mrsm- I am sending you good thoughts and can't wait to hear the good report!

Engineergirl- So glad you are in and can get settled before the baby gets here.

Johnsprincess- I would hold off until you know for sure. You wouldn't want to do it 2x's ya know.

I have a customer on the way through the door so I will catch up on my news later. Hope you all have a good day!

That's what I was thinking! Would suck to get it all set up and then have to take it all down again a month later. I'd rather leave the furniture in the boxes, move them, and Then set them up so nothing happens to it!

I took DS for a long walk this am and that travel system is amazing!
If you are looking for a price savy deal but a NICE system, thats def the one!

JuneBugs-thats awesome she is buying you one!!! Depending on the price limit, i find those orbit strollers to be the coolest things and the icandy ones! They are expensive, but if someone else is paying, might as well get something great! haha

:cloud9:happy belated V-Day to my Elliot Nehemiah!:cloud9:

Yesterday was Viability Day

I will look into that one... she said cost is no issue and to get whatever i want... is that one a travel system too? I really wanted that

HAPPY V-DAY TO ELLIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bunny::bunny::bunny:

I missed who is buying yours, but that's awesome! That's pretty much what my mom said and we got the Orbit. LOVE it.

yep, it can :D

Also you can buy extra parts to get different uses out of it :thumbup:
Def watch the videos. ..the thing i like about the orbit is that it swivals around 360 degrees, even for the carseat, and that is super convenient especially when the baby starts get bigger!

https://www.orbitbaby.com/en/

This is what we got! :happydance: So far we have the bases (car seat & stroller) + car seat + bassinet. More than likely I will leave the car seat in the car and use the bassinet first and then get the stroller seat before he's too big for the bassinet.

BTW, we had a 4.7 mag earthquake here this morning O_O Totally freaky!! It woke DH up, I was already up on my computer and it took a few seconds to realise what was going on.. It shook the plates in the kitchen and stuff on DH's desk, it felt like someone stomping to begin with (we live in an apartment, so that was one of my first thoughts!) then it got stronger and I thought there was an explosion or something, then logic kicked in and I realised it was probably an earthquake... Scurried into the bedroom to squeal at DH :lol: I was shaking (aside from the quake) and everything...

Earthquakes are scary! I have a lot more friends than I realized that live in OK so my feed was filled with stuff about it! I'm glad everyone is okay!

PS:

This is the coat I got: https://www.target.com/p/Liz-Lange-...ted-Colors/-/A-13771588#?lnk=sc_qi_detaillink - in black. Super warm!

PLUS, if you register at Target (even just put 2 things on it...) you get registry "pack". There a bunch of stuff in there including a 20$ Shutterfly gift card AND a 20% off Liz Lange Maternity coupon. So I used the 20% off on the coat!

Oh, and tomorrow is my 1 hr GD test. I'm really not looking forward to it. I don't eat a lot of sweets and I DEF don't Drink a lot. I don't know how I'm going to choke the stuff down! Ewwww!!!

Nice coat! I saw that one but didn't get it because it def is not thick enough for New England winters :cold:

Please take my baby poll! :D
I am trying to throw ppl off, so please dont guess :blue: everyone :haha: and remember there is a 5 week window! No one outside of BNB knows are EDD though, so be careful! Also, i had to give the site an EDD so i put March 31st, but thats obviously not it-at all!

https://www.expectnet.com/games/BabyKirsch2

Nice coat! I saw that one but didn't get it because it def is not thick enough for New England winters :cold:

Please take my baby poll! :D
I am trying to throw ppl off, so please dont guess :blue: everyone :haha: and remember there is a 5 week window! No one outside of BNB knows are EDD though, so be careful! Also, i had to give the site an EDD so i put March 31st, but thats obviously not it-at all!

https://www.expectnet.com/games/BabyKirsch2

Hahaha, yeah, probably true. I'm from CT (originally) and would probably wear it...but I'd have lots of warm layers underneath!!!

Gonna check out your site!

Good luck with your GD test tomorrow! Im sure it will go fine :) just dont eat lots of carbs or sugar before and you shoukd be fine...a high protein breakfast would be helpful :)

I'm really anxious now because of the earthquakes... Just in general :( Ugh!

I guessed in your baby game! :)

Here's mine:
https://www.expectnet.com/games/Peawich

No guesses so far!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79