February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

So I got an unexpected hospital tour of sorts today. I had what seemed like it might have been watery discharge yesterday and this morning so went to my OB to have it checked out. The PH came up positive for amniotic fluid (!) but under the microscope she said it didn't look like it. So she sent me to the hospital. Since I haven't taken my tour yet it was all new to me. Apparently they reserve the nice private rooms for the ladies actually delivering babies, which I'm fine with, so I was in a bed in a triple room while they monitored me and did the tests. Monitoring showed that I was contracting, which I couldn't even feel, not even the slightest bit of cramping! The sensitive amniotic fluid test came back negative for fluid, thank God. They put me on an IV to hydrate me and when my bladder filled up the second time I had a contraction that I could definitely feel. At that point my OB's office had them give me a shot to hopefully stop the contracting that seemed to work. An ultrasound showed that things were all well in there and Baby Girl is measuring normal and extremely active. DH made it from work in the middle of the ultrasound. I had plenty of fluid and my cervix was closed. I got some pills to go with the shot for stopping contractions, they monitored me for a bit longer and then discharged me. DH drove me home and I eventually was able to fall asleep for a long nap. My sweet mom brought dinner over so neither DH nor I would have to make it.

And ladies, that shot was so crazy. The nurse warned me that it would make me "jittery." I think more than 5 hours after I got it I finally stopped feeling my heart pounding in my ears and I still am a bit shaky. Wow! I feel crampy too, but I think it might just be because the tech was pushing pretty hard at my ultrasound.

It's baby's V-Day tomorrow, but I'm glad we're not seeing how she'll do out there just yet!

Good luck with your GD test tomorrow! Im sure it will go fine :) just dont eat lots of carbs or sugar before and you shoukd be fine...a high protein breakfast would be helpful :)

It was gross, but so far so good. We had Chinese before, LOL. But I didn't have too much, just some honey chicken and a bit of noodles!

Hi Girls!

I just read back 15 pages...and still think I missed a few. :)

Hope all of your cold weather gals are able to find coats for great deals! I'm lucky I still have lots of room in mine for the time being thanks to my little bump... but if I have/Mallory has a large growth spurt, I'm going to need something larger!

Best wishes to all of you ladies moving! JP, I hope you and hubby end up exactly where you want to be. My sister is currently stationed with her husband in Hawaii, and they don't love it like they thought it would. She's sick of chasing lizards out of her house. haha

I had another shower yesterday, this time for my husband's side of the family. It went great! I got my crib bedding, and my mom and I put in the crib last night. I LOVE it SOOOO much! I can't wait to add a few more decorations and take some real pictures for you guys. For the time being though, I have attached a picture of her crib.

For my first shower, my sister organized and it had on the invitation:

In lieu of a card for baby and mother,
please give a book with your thoughts in the cover.

Mallory's little book shelf is full! I'm so excited to have a great variety for her already.

I can't believe I'm in third trimester. I remember when I started on BnB, I had just found out I was pregnant, and was so scared of another miscarriage. I would see all these women at 30 weeks and pray it would be me. OMG I'm almost there! Ladies, I am so happy for all of us. All of these gorgeous little boys and girls we are adding to our families. Makes me teary eyed.

Yay! We're in the home stretch!!

I hope so too! LOL I've lived in a lot of places and so there are some that I KNOW I do not want to be. But there's also a lot of places I wouldn't mind! John has his hopes on Houston, he really doesn't think he'll get command this time around, so I guess we'll see!!!

The bedding is ADORABLE!!! Really nice!

So I got an unexpected hospital tour of sorts today. I had what seemed like it might have been watery discharge yesterday and this morning so went to my OB to have it checked out. The PH came up positive for amniotic fluid (!) but under the microscope she said it didn't look like it. So she sent me to the hospital. Since I haven't taken my tour yet it was all new to me. Apparently they reserve the nice private rooms for the ladies actually delivering babies, which I'm fine with, so I was in a bed in a triple room while they monitored me and did the tests. Monitoring showed that I was contracting, which I couldn't even feel, not even the slightest bit of cramping! The sensitive amniotic fluid test came back negative for fluid, thank God. They put me on an IV to hydrate me and when my bladder filled up the second time I had a contraction that I could definitely feel. At that point my OB's office had them give me a shot to hopefully stop the contracting that seemed to work. An ultrasound showed that things were all well in there and Baby Girl is measuring normal and extremely active. DH made it from work in the middle of the ultrasound. I had plenty of fluid and my cervix was closed. I got some pills to go with the shot for stopping contractions, they monitored me for a bit longer and then discharged me. DH drove me home and I eventually was able to fall asleep for a long nap. My sweet mom brought dinner over so neither DH nor I would have to make it.

And ladies, that shot was so crazy. The nurse warned me that it would make me "jittery." I think more than 5 hours after I got it I finally stopped feeling my heart pounding in my ears and I still am a bit shaky. Wow! I feel crampy too, but I think it might just be because the tech was pushing pretty hard at my ultrasound.

It's baby's V-Day tomorrow, but I'm glad we're not seeing how she'll do out there just yet!

Wow, what a day!! I'm glad everything turned out okay for you!!!!

GD test went fine today. I got a non-bubbly, super syrupy sweet fruit punch. I Hate fruit punch and super sweet stuff. But...there was only a small cupful to drink so I got it down nice and quickly. I had to have 3 vials of blood taken...one for the GD, one for my thyroid, and...not sure what the third was for. It HURT!! Ugh! Some people do it so well and some...suck.

Anyways, HB was 140 and baby was measuring just fine and dandy!!

I also did a wee bit of shopping today. I went to Baby Gap and got him a cute beach cover up and a onesie and then Gymboree for some socks. All on clearance!

EgineerGirl, I am glad that everything is turning out ok!! Better safe than sorry, and it is great that they gave you some shots to stop the contractions to prevent any kind of cervical changes! :hugs:

Sorry mrsm :( it will happen. I'm praying sooner than later though. Keep positive sweetie.

I am in search of cheap onsies. Walmart has 5 for $8 if anyone sees thEm cheaper please lmk. I want the girls at my shower to decorate them like w DS but I need like over 40 so I don't know if that's possible everyone is low on cash lol

Oh my goodness :hugs: So glad all appears to be well now

Have a nice rest ~ You deserve it :flower:

Happy V day :dance:

Maybe check amazon Saphire? They may have deals on plain ones!

EG- WOW, that sounds like a CRAZY DAY!! I am sooo happy to hear everything is ok thou!!!

JP- I glad the GD test went well and everything sounds good with your little one!

MrsM- :hugs::hugs: Don't give up girl!! Your time will come forsure!

FACEBOOK GIRLS:

Did someone with the first name of Teri request entrance? Just want to make sure it's not some random person! :) And I can't remember if I already read that someone requested it!

We are moving to Houston!! His report date is 30 July so we have plenty of time, though that can change. I can breathe because that means no moving with a tiny baby and plenty of time of pack!!! Phew!! Now I can be excited!!

I'm glad it worked out for you Johnsprincess!! I hope we can move soon!!!

We are moving to Houston!! His report date is 30 July so we have plenty of time, though that can change. I can breathe because that means no moving with a tiny baby and plenty of time of pack!!! Phew!! Now I can be excited!!

Great news :thumbup:

Great news, JP!

Sadly my preterm labor scare wasn't over. Got up this morning to go to the bathroom before sleeping in and set off a spate of contractions 7 minutes apart (just BH's). Called the doctor after 6 and went to the hospital again. I'm now on bedrest and medication to hopefully stop this. Any creative ideas for what to do while on bedrest to while the time away? I have to hang out basically in my bedroom until next Monday. Good thing I like my bedroom and DH is a better cook and better at cleaning than I am (although he hates when I say that because it's not a set of stereotypically manly skills it's true).

Great news, JP!

Sadly my preterm labor scare wasn't over. Got up this morning to go to the bathroom before sleeping in and set off a spate of contractions 7 minutes apart (just BH's). Called the doctor after 6 and went to the hospital again. I'm now on bedrest and medication to hopefully stop this. Any creative ideas for what to do while on bedrest to while the time away? I have to hang out basically in my bedroom until next Monday. Good thing I like my bedroom and DH is a better cook and better at cleaning than I am (although he hates when I say that because it's not a set of stereotypically manly skills it's true).

Thanks!

And, ugh!! Rest up! Hmmmm do you know how to crochet or knit? You could certainly learn while laying in bed!! A baby blanket is super easy and pretty quick if you use a big hook and nice fluffy yarn. Read. Catch up on your movies. Start a blog. Hmmmm

I'd read and probably blog. Haha. Sleep up too! ;) watch law and order SVU nonstop... :haha:

:hugs: EngineerGirl have a good rest ~ Id probably get a big box of chocs, read magazines & watch all my favourite shows :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->