February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

i wouldn't know if my little fella has had hiccups, how does it feel?

i hate people who think they know everything...

i had a co worker ask me today if i was eating the correct food because the little man is very small in height and weight but yes i bloody am!!

my family have all had small babies but non of us are small now!!

i wouldn't know if my little fella has had hiccups, how does it feel?

i hate people who think they know everything...

i had a co worker ask me today if i was eating the correct food because the little man is very small in height and weight but yes i bloody am!!

my family have all had small babies but non of us are small now!!

Hiccups feel like a twitching feeling every few seconds, just on the inside. I feels like a little jump mostly to me. It tickles me most of the time when my babies have had them. As the baby gets bigger they can feel a little stronger!

Don't you love how everyone else knows that they are small... I mean c'mon now, they are not supposed to be here for another 2-3 months, they can have many growth spurts during this time! While some foods are healthier than others, the baby will get all of the nutrients from the food we eat, whether you get it or not is a different subject, since our bodies make the baby the first priority! Sorry, just rambling about everyone else knowing everything!

it annoys me so much that they feel he need to give us there imput.

At work now if i have BH i keep quite and just put up with it, because they think its too early for them lol i have printed so much information off to put them in there place!!

ooo i think baby has had hiccups then the other day i was wondering what he was up to lol

I had BHs starting really early this pregnancy. They can happen whenever in pregnancy, it is a way of helping our bodies get ready for the real thing!
The only thing everyone says to me is, "wow, you are so big to be 6 or 7 months." Like really, with DS2 I was HUGE, so I don't know what you are comparing me to.... I just carry it in my belly a lot. lol

ugh, i hate when ppl say stuff! some ppl can be so rude! Even when i was almost 2 weeks overdue ppl were still making comments that i wasn't big enough :grr: Seriously! im 5 foot 1, im not a huge build, i doubt my body would produce an enourmous baby :dohh: and even the MW kept saying he would be the perfect size for my body!

The hiccups feel like twitching. I havn't noticed any at this point, but i think once i got to be like 32ish weeks is when it was super noticeable, of course its different for everyone.

welcome hayley

congrats junebugs that's great

hooray for all that donor milk guppy, hope you're better soon

Well I was helping on a class trip yesterday and got my first braxton hicks, as we were walking round Chester! so glad I knew what they were otherwise would have freaked me out. Makes it seem really close now:happydance:

Hi girlies
yay! Scar is 27 weeks todayyyy!!! Is this when the 3rd tri starts, or is it at the end of this week?

so my GD test; i'm a little worried i may have mucked it up.
They gave me that God-awful orange junk, and said to drink it in 5 mins.. then come back in one hour to do blood work.
It took me about 5 mins to work up the courage to start drinking it. Then about 10-15 mins to drink it. It was so sweet it was making my gag reflex dance the cha-cha... so I decided better to take my time, than lose it *covers eyes*

I hope it doesn't skew the results too badly.

I felt AWFUL after the bloodwork... i was super dizzy and nauseous, and that silly drink made my tongue numb.
Good news tho, The doc had me lay down to check out bunnie, and as she pressed, she got a good kick from her. lol. it was so hard, it startled her. she told me i had "a very active little lady" on my hands. she said My weight gain and tummy size were great, and that baby seems to be just the right size so far as well. I was super happy!

Now counting down to the shower Saturday... though babiesrus has made me CRAZY w problems from the registry, that i will post in a later rant. let me just tell you, If this is the first time they've enraged a pregnant redhead... it will likely be the last after I pay them a visit. lol.

Hope everyone is well.

WE'RE GETTING SO CLOSE!

any nursery updates???

also; can someone tell me if you usually get an ultrasound in the 3rd tri? i've heard mixed responses!

I think you're in 3rd tri now. Congrats!! :wohoo:
Although I'm confused... my EDD is a day after yours (the 26th) but I'm only 26+3??

With DS, I had an u/s at 32 weeks and a biophysical profile (they called it a "mini-u/s") at 40 weeks. This time I'm scheduled for one at 28 weeks and Idk if I get another one after that. I think it depends on the dr and if they have something they want to look at. :shrug:

Hi girlies
yay! Scar is 27 weeks todayyyy!!! Is this when the 3rd tri starts, or is it at the end of this week?

so my GD test; i'm a little worried i may have mucked it up.
They gave me that God-awful orange junk, and said to drink it in 5 mins.. then come back in one hour to do blood work.
It took me about 5 mins to work up the courage to start drinking it. Then about 10-15 mins to drink it. It was so sweet it was making my gag reflex dance the cha-cha... so I decided better to take my time, than lose it *covers eyes*

I hope it doesn't skew the results too badly.

I felt AWFUL after the bloodwork... i was super dizzy and nauseous, and that silly drink made my tongue numb.
Good news tho, The doc had me lay down to check out bunnie, and as she pressed, she got a good kick from her. lol. it was so hard, it startled her. she told me i had "a very active little lady" on my hands. she said My weight gain and tummy size were great, and that baby seems to be just the right size so far as well. I was super happy!

Now counting down to the shower Saturday... though babiesrus has made me CRAZY w problems from the registry, that i will post in a later rant. let me just tell you, If this is the first time they've enraged a pregnant redhead... it will likely be the last after I pay them a visit. lol.

Hope everyone is well.

WE'RE GETTING SO CLOSE!

any nursery updates???

also; can someone tell me if you usually get an ultrasound in the 3rd tri? i've heard mixed responses!

I had the GD test today too... yucky sweet stuff! I was able to drink it down though in 5 mins and i should have the blood results on friday. Fingers crossed. Were you girls told to fast before the test? I wasnt told to but i tried not to eat anything for about 3 hours before hand.

I just realized after reading your post that my doctor forgot to measure my fundus height today! oops! She felt all around and check the positioning of the baby, but i never saw her get out the measuring tape to see how many cm high the fundus was. Oh well, my next appt is in 2 weeks so i guess we will just do it again then! Baby's heartbeat sounded good on the doppler, 138bpm... down from the original 169 way back at 7 weeks!

Also... re: ultrasound... i dont think you get one in the 3rd tri unless the doctor has something they want to check on. :hugs:

On the subject of ultrasounds, my doctors office does one somewhere between 32-36 weeks, just to make sure that the baby is properly grown and other little checks.... they normally do this at the same time that they do the b-strep test. But I guess that it varies from dr to dr.

Happy Thanksgiving for tomorrow for all the US ladies.. :)

on the ultrasound front, i think it really depends more on your health and your doc. Some family i know back in Pennsylvania got them pretty routinly in the 3rd trimester-even when there wasn't anything wrong. But ive had 3 different care practices between my 3 pregnancys and only 1 of them did routine ultrasound during 3rd tri. The midwives and OBs i went with last time only did one when i went overdue at 41 weeks (i delivered at 41+5) and it was a biophysical profile and somethign else. But that was it. The midwives i have now, they dont push ultrasounds at all...i mean if you want one they'll get it but they only real ultrasound they like is around 20 weeks and the ONLY reason they like it is to know where the placenta is (because they are homebirth/FSBC MWs, and if the placenta is covering the uterus they have to make you transfer care bc of laws and stuff. Other than that i dont have to get one until im past 42 weeks. They dont usually worry at all about going overdue, since its normal. I can recieve care with them until the end of 43 weeks. They do like you to get an ultrasound at 42 weeks (if you go that far). But if you go beyond end of 43 you have to transfer care...which its rare to go THAT far over.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING (tomorrow)!

hi ladies !
swan - hiccups are normal like all the other ladies said. it is baby trying to breathe in the womb and inhaling a little bit of amniotic fluid. they are meant to have the hiccups !
tequiro- great bump ! :thumbup:
almostmama-- you dont get them in 3rd tri usually unless they need to check position around 36 weeks if they are unsure if bub is breech or not, to measure fluid if previously low and other medical reasons etc.

i have a 4d ultrasound in 5 weeks ! im so so so so excited ! i got a letter telling me the government owed me $1200 :shock: much needed money !

i nearly fell off my chair :haha:
i opened it and thought 'oh no, who do we owe money to now !" and read it and went "oh my god ! your sh*tting me ! " :rofl:
jonno was like "what? whats wrong? "
:haha:
best news in a while ! and so very needed for christmas and bills etc !

i would be jealous if it was someone else ! these things never happen to me lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->