February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Happy Thanksgiving, US ladies! Happy Day, everyone else! :) I just read back everything but am trying not to be on the computer too long, lol!

We've been having a great vacation, sad that it's coming to an end...though we'll be back in less than a month!! Woohoo!! Our shower was Great, we got some really great gifts. Most people bought off the registries, which is sooooo appreciated!! My moms best friend totally spoiled us and got us our small stroller (bigger than a regular umbrella stroller, but that type), bouncer, and grooming kit!!! My mom got us the DSLR camera!!!! Tons more, too. Today we saw my grandparents and they gave us an adorable hand made by a friend of theirs, baby quilt! So sweet!!!

We paid off the nursery furniture on Monday so should be able to get it in a little over a week, hopefully!! We still need to get a bookshelf and a glider!

Hope everyone is doing well!!

thankyou ladies :flower: :blush: not sure why she does like it though..

ive been anaemic for a few years (since i fell pregnant with jesse), so im dreading my blood test to see how bad it is now! i cant eat meat so i know its going to be bad, and the iron supplements either make me vomit or extremely constipated!
spinach is a big one to help, or any green leafy vegetable.

mumdad - im so sorry :hugs: i know they can be a bit rough sometimes and i usually walk away feeling very sore and like theyve squashed her ! maybe let them know she was a little too rough for you ? that way they might avoid her for you, and also teach her how to do it without causing so much pain ?

i think i have the beginnings of a uti :( booooooo :( i have a small burning sensation when i go to the toilet and for a while after it feels like my bits are on fire .argh !
i have my gtt next wednesday so hoping that goes ok !

It must be really common around weeks 26-27 to get a UTI... I think three of us have mentioned it in the last couple days!
Mine seems to be better from all the water I've been guzzling. I need to get some cranberry juice at the store tomorrow and I suspect that will take care of it. :thumbup:

Great idea about the spinach , I was just reading more about that. I love spinach salads so that might be my new daily lunch :) I haven't really had any symptoms besides maybe being a tiny bit more tired which I had the attributed to getting bigger :)

i think it is AR ? im pretty sure i got one around the same time with jesse? i might have been a little further along .
i LOVE spinach!!!!!!!!!
om nom nom nom

Ive been away again and missed most the chat - Ive finally caught up and cant remember what I was going to reply to people :dohh:

I remember guppy's milk deliveries and bucket list - woop woop for BM and I think thats amazing if you are comfortable enough to do that for someone! My mum has joked about being in the room when Im in labour and it made me feel a little uncomfortable - although I realise when it comes down to it you have NO dignity while giving birth so I may change my mind if she's there at the time!

And the bump pics look lovely ladies (and a little confession - I still havent taken a bump pic yet!!!)

I get the keys to my new house on the 3rd Dec so will hopefully have my nursery sorted before my 'girly night in' on the 9th Dec and will take some piccies and attempt to post them for everyone to see! It might finally seem real once I have everything put in its place rather than stacked in boxes up to the celing in my bedroom!!

Hello ladies!
:hugs: to you all!

Had a scan this morning with consultant. Baby is measuring ahead by about 13 days! We are still officially on team :yellow:! :hissy: Dr said if he was a betting man he'd say :pink: but not to get too attached to that idea just yet.... Another chance to "check" on 22nd December! :haha:

Also been given anti-sickness tablets (first thing he said today was "you look ill".... nice!) and have to drink more fluids (just call me Miss Fish!). Ketones in urine (?) that will need an eye kept on, but hoping all will rectify itself quickly. :shrug:

Tiggertea I hope you find out the gender next time if you want to! How frustrating!!

Dizzyangel, no bump pics at all?! LOL you're so funny! Why not?

Tonight is my 10 year high school reunion! I can't wait to go to it looking all cute with a 28week bump!!!! :)

Awww, have fun Jokerette!

Mine was last year... I was depressed over lack of baby... and a general feeling of lack of accomplishment in my life... so didn't go. Plus it was really expensive (open bar but I don't drink). :shrug: Didn't look like I missed much from the facebook pics anyway. :)

had my 31 wk appt today and I'm not anaemic :happydance: I'm life long veggie and have heard so many times 'oo, are you getting enough iron??' well yes, all the brocolli, sprouts, spinach and pak choi has paid off, so pleased. Still meet people who don't believe it's possible to not eat meat all your life!

had the heartbeat monitored for third time, last 2 appts there's not been any problem but today te baby wouldn't stay still and heartrate kept going up and down, the midwife tried for 10 mins and it kept swimming away and eventually kicked the sonicaid! :dohh: we had to go and sit in the waiting room for 15 mins while baby chilled out then went back and had it measured again, luckily co-operated this time and she managed to measure it pretty quick but don't think it bodes well having mischevious baby already!:baby:

tiggertea - i hope the keytones sort themselves out. its a sign of pre-eclampsia if accompanied with high bp etc so thats probably why they want it monitored?

sparklez - good on you for being a vegie :flower: im not, but i dont eat much meat at all and i dont eat certain meats because of how the animals are killed etc. im a real animal lover and dont like seeing/hearing about things like that.

jokerette - have fun !

posted this in pregnancy club...
can anyone help ? im pulling my hair out ! :wacko:
hi ladies :flower:
my son will be a month shy of 2 (so 23 months old) when my little girl will be born and im just wondering, is a double pram really necessary ?
we have been debating it for months and im really not sure. its ALOT of money to be spending if we dont need it.
My son is hardly ever in his pram anymore and just walks everywhere, but it definately does come in handy for when he falls asleep while we are out at the shops or out for the day etc. and i imagine it will be extremely difficult to push a pram with my newborn in and try to make sure he doesnt run off or on to the road while we are out.
im actually stressing quite a bit. we really cant afford a double pram but obviously if we need it, we will have to find the money somehow.
would investing in a good quality baby carrier be better ?
:shrug:

La will be two and a half but we decided not to bother with a double... She never sleeps in the day and walks everywhere. If she gets tired we can put the baby in the sling and La in the buggy. Or get a buggy board.

I'm vege too and never been anaemic. They always said my iron levels were very good last time round... Not seen anyone since 28 weeks and won't again until 34 now so no comments so far!

Ps I've been having Braxton Hicks too. I didn't last time round. No pain at all but can be uncomfy to sit.

If it were me tiger I'd probably go for a baby carrier... If the wee man already walks almost everywhere, I think a twin pram might be a bit of a waste. At least with a carrier you could switch Holly out to that if Jesse got too tired to walk.

TIGER
Liam will have just turned 2 and I'm not getting a double.
I have a kiddicare Imax Adapt so that all I have to do to switch between whos in the buggy in sit it up/lay it back and adjust the straps.
I have a ebay cheapie (cost £20) Mei Tai that I took Liam out in when I was about 18 weeks preg and it was SOO comfy so I'm thinking Millie will be in that most the time and Liam in the buggy..but if I need to take a break from carrying Millie I can let Liam walk with reins.

The only thing I would consider would be that you need a c-sec so for the first few weeks while your recovering it may be worth having a spare stroller and not going out alone or having a double you can borrow off someone for a month or two.

posted this in pregnancy club...
can anyone help ? im pulling my hair out ! :wacko:
hi ladies :flower:
my son will be a month shy of 2 (so 23 months old) when my little girl will be born and im just wondering, is a double pram really necessary ?
we have been debating it for months and im really not sure. its ALOT of money to be spending if we dont need it.
My son is hardly ever in his pram anymore and just walks everywhere, but it definately does come in handy for when he falls asleep while we are out at the shops or out for the day etc. and i imagine it will be extremely difficult to push a pram with my newborn in and try to make sure he doesnt run off or on to the road while we are out.
im actually stressing quite a bit. we really cant afford a double pram but obviously if we need it, we will have to find the money somehow.
would investing in a good quality baby carrier be better ?
:shrug:

I was in the same predicament. Isaiah and Elliot will be 17 months apart. We really didn't have the money for a double stroller :nope: but then i didn't want to miss out on it if i really needed it....The Solution: We curently have a travel system jogger (for one baby). When i am alone and I have Isaiah and Elliot, then i will baby wear Elliot (we do lots of babywearing in this family, so it would work for us anyways), and i would push Isaiah in the jogger (or cart if we are at getting groceries). If I am with DH then we can either baby wear both (one per adult) (I babywore Isaiah until 10 months, and it would have been longer if it wern't for my bump :blush:, so this will be good for a while to come, especially since isaiah has been walking since 11 months), or put Elliot in the travel system jogger and put Isaiah in his smaller, old stroller. This was a great compromise since we simply do not have the funds for a double-even the cheap ones are expensive!

You could try looking second hand, but TBH i havn't found them to be any cheaper :nope:

:shock::dance::shock::dance:!

Just think you could have a baby here in as little as 7 weeks! (or as many as 12 weeks, but i'll pray that isn't so :haha:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->