February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Omg my boobies have grown so much lol, with my first pregnancy they never grew but o they have this time and it has just happened lol

the things we have to go through hay x

Haha mine grew a whole bunch this time around and I'm still not sure they're done! NOT complaining! :)

Happy 30 weeks, Junebugs!!

3 months left for me today! Woohoo!!

tiger, I basically agree with what everyone else said. Of course DS will be 4 1/2, so it's not an issue for us, but those double strollers are SO expensive. Just wear Holly if Jesse needs the stroller. :thumbup:

:shock::dance::shock::dance:!

Just think you could have a baby here in as little as 7 weeks! (or as many as 12 weeks, but i'll pray that isn't so :haha:)

OMG.. i never thought of it in that way before! 7 weeks... wow.. :shock:

Is it really that common for first time moms to go over there due date? (even if i know my exact ovulation date, i was BBTing and using OPK i also get mittelschmerz.)

Hi lovelies :flower:

Im sorry I dont have time to chat right now, literally only popping on for a minute

Just wanted to let you all know we have arrived in Australia :coolio: Felling a little emotional right now, but im sure thats to be expected

Hope you are all well & catch up soon :friends:

With my first I went a week over, and the only reason that they induced him was because he did not have enough fluid around him when they did the US and nonstress test

Hi lovelies :flower:

Im sorry I dont have time to chat right now, literally only popping on for a minute

Just wanted to let you all know we have arrived in Australia :coolio: Felling a little emotional right now, but im sure thats to be expected

Hope you are all well & catch up soon :friends:

CONGRATZ KELLY!!!! I know it must be bitter sweet for you, but you are starting another chapter in your life!! :hugs::hugs: You are going to have so much fun!! Keep us updated when you can, we miss you!

I have always heard that first-time moms are much more likely to go overdue than early or on-time.
My son was a week overdue... but looking back... First off, we were ntnp and so I didn't actually know when my lmp was. :dohh:
And second, I tend to have longer cycles, so probably o'd later. :shrug:
But the dr never said he was measuring a week behind, so maybe he really was a week late.

:shock::dance::shock::dance:!

Just think you could have a baby here in as little as 7 weeks! (or as many as 12 weeks, but i'll pray that isn't so :haha:)

OMG.. i never thought of it in that way before! 7 weeks... wow.. :shock:

Is it really that common for first time moms to go over there due date? (even if i know my exact ovulation date, i was BBTing and using OPK i also get mittelschmerz.)

It is much more likely to go overdue with your first. Obviously, not all women will go overdue with their first, but the chance is very high. Also, you can certainly go overdue with subsequent babies (of course theres always a chance any pregnant lady can go early or overdue no matter which number baby) According to Dr. Bradley, the average first time mother will go one week and one day "overdue" (i believe if the EDD is based on LMP). With second (or more) mothers, you are statistically likely to go 3 days overdue (however you are significantly more likely to go before your EDD than with your first). just remember these are averages, so it varies for everyone.

Even if you know when you ov.ed it doesn't mean anything. Even if you had an early scan-doesn't mean anything. And even if you have your cycles down to a T and everything is textbook-it means ZILCH. Basically the baby decides no matter what.
For instance, based on LMP Isaiah's EDD was Aug. 23, 2010. Based on early ultrasound it was August 25th, 2010 and based on ovultation (i was tracking on fertilityfriend and i am CERTAIN of when i ov.ed), i was due August 26th, 2010....well they kept my EDD at August 23 because their policy was to only change it if there was a 10 day difference (which is a dumb policy IMO, especially with how pushy US docs are to induce :dohh:) Anyways, i didn't go into labor until 41+4 and i had him 30 hours later at 41+5. (based on LMP EDD)

So...If LMP were based on:
LMP, I was 12 days "overdue" (1 week & 5 days "over")
Early US, I was 10 days "overdue" (1 week & 3 days "over")
Ovulation, I was 9 days "overdue" (1 week & 2 days "over")

As you can see, it doesn't matter if you know the "exacts" of conception (or cycles or anything else), every baby (even in the same mother) has different things going on with their development. The lungs are the last thing to develop. Once they are developed sufficant is realeased and that triggers labor. Some babies will develop the sufficant earlier-some later. It really doesn't have much bearing in reguards to conception date. Obviously it will be close, but its generally not an exact science since each baby develops at different rates.

a lucky one indeed! haha.
Actually my friends first baby was early, but her second baby went "overdue". Interesting how previous babys have no bearing on future babys. there are def always exceptions to the rule since it is just all an average.

Thanks Alot Guppy! I was wondering about that and you just answered all my questions... i just thought in my head i would Def. go over being a first time mom and all but i guess it REALLY does not matter, i could still go early.

I just really don't want to be induced.... i would really like him to come on his own but my Dr. induces at 41.5 weeks, she will not let you go past that. I was thinking thou that if you are really not sure on your ovulation date you really could be inducing your baby to soon (say you ovulated 2 weeks late?)

See, that's what I was thinking, too. With DS, I could've been due a week later than what I actually thought. Which means when I went into the hospital thinking I was five days overdue and they induced me, maybe I was still two days before my EDD. No wonder the induction didn't work.
I was blessed in that even though his birthday was the dr's decision and not the baby's, he was completely healthy.

a double just seems like so much effort and such a waste because jesse walks everywhere now, its just really handy when he falls asleep while we are out.

amandad- that pram is like the one we have been given. we got given a brand new pram for holly that can either face you while they are lying down or you can turn it around when they sit up.
ive been worrying about the c-section thing :wacko: when jesse was born, we had a carrier type thing, but it scared me because it looked like jesse was going to fall out of it ! his head could have easily slipped out the side and fallen out ! so i didnt wear it when he was a newborn, tbh i just carried him in my arms EVERYWHERE. the pram was too much of a hassle because he kept getting upset that he couldnt see us (it wasnt one that faced us) and i had to stop every 2 seconds to tend to him. so carrying him in my arms it was !

JUNEBUGS ! - HAPPY 30 WEEKS :dance:

kelly - YAY! welcome to australia !!! another fellow aussie mummy now !

most first time mums i know go over there due date. my midwife told me when i was pregnant with jesse that 94% of first time mums go over due!
i was 11 days over :wacko:

a double just seems like so much effort and such a waste because jesse walks everywhere now, its just really handy when he falls asleep while we are out.

amandad- that pram is like the one we have been given. we got given a brand new pram for holly that can either face you while they are lying down or you can turn it around when they sit up.
ive been worrying about the c-section thing :wacko: when jesse was born, we had a carrier type thing, but it scared me because it looked like jesse was going to fall out of it ! his head could have easily slipped out the side and fallen out ! so i didnt wear it when he was a newborn, tbh i just carried him in my arms EVERYWHERE

look at stretchy carriers like a moby or close carrier -they wrap right round baby so no chance of them slipping anywhere and they're cheap, got my close carrier for £12.50

I carried DS constantly and it was so exhausting!! We had been given a carrier... though I don't remember what kind it was... maybe infantino? Not one that has a good rep, anyway... and DH and I looked at it and couldn't figure out how to strap it on (this was before we had internet)... So I just carried him in my arms ALL the time (or worse, in his car seat!) and had a chronic sore back and neck. :(

This time I am determined to get a moby and/or mei tai, learn how to use it, and wear that baby like there's no tomorrow!! :)

I just really don't want to be induced.... i would really like him to come on his own but my Dr. induces at 41.5 weeks, she will not let you go past that. I was thinking thou that if you are really not sure on your ovulation date you really could be inducing your baby to soon (say you ovulated 2 weeks late?)

I know you are in Canada and not US but i assume you have federal rights...even if pushy doctors seem to pressure you. Here (and im sure there is something similar in every country), YOU HAVE RIGHTS. It is your RIGHT as a patient to decide the treatments and interventions given. It is your RIGHT to be fully disclosed of the risks and benefits. You have a RIGHT to deny an induction (or ANY other intervention!). Sure your doctor might get pissy with you, but it doesn't matter, it is your LEGAL right to deny it. Point blank. It may not seem that way, especially with doctors that like to pressure, but im betting you guys have similar laws! You may not even go that far. Many women don't go as far over as i do (but usually do go over, some dont though!) so this may not even apply to you! But if the time comes and it does, you have legal rights protecting you. Will you deal with a pissed doctor? Perhaps, but thats better than doing something that goes against your primal instincts! They pressured and pressured and pressured me to be induced and i am surely glad that i stuck to my guns and let my baby be born when he wanted to be. When the did the phyiscal of him at birth, they said he measured PERFECTLY for 40 weeks gestation...so yeah...def glad i listened to my mama intuition! If its something you feel strongly about, then keep up with persistence...if you fear it, then just dont show up for the induction! (no law saying you have to show for a scheduled induction ;)) But just remember, no matter how much professionals want to push you or try to make it seem like you HAVE to do what THEY want, this is simply them overstepping their power. You do NOT have to do anything you don't want to!

this is why doulas are invaluable :winkwink:

I was induced, she was (according to them) 16 days overdue... But I charted and KNEW I ovulated late. I gave in to pressure but I wish I hadn't, she was only 7lb12oz, my placenta was very healthy and she wasn't shrivelled or twisted into an awkward position or anything. This time they will need to give me a reason specific to ME and my baby why they 'need' to induce. If not I will be monitored daily and let nature take its course.

A question please......

For those Australians that are formula feeding, or going to formula feed....Which is the most popular milk here & why? :shrug:

My DD is almost 1 years old & was having Aptamil in the Uk....She has almost run out & I need to decide what to do here in Australia :shrug:

karicare is aptamil. Look for Karicare. it should look like this.... but 3rd stage not the 1st
https://www.getprice.com.au/images/uploadimg/622/_1_622362_1.jpg
or karicare gold plus is now called aptamil which will look like this ....
https://www.fairdinks.com.au/files/jhhfhhsjcg/Karicare-Aptamil-Gold-Plus-Stage--w250h190.jpg

or S26 is the other major brand of formula

Thats amazing, thanks Tiger :thumbup:

Have looked & it appears I should get: Aptamil® Gold+ 3
Toddler Nutritional Supplement

Where would you generally buy this, that works out the best value? :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member