February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Oh man!!! I have so much to read back all the way to page 668 yikes!! Ive been busy with Thanksgiving and decorating I have not been on :(

I just wanted to say hi! I am going to go read back some now. Miss you guys.

i'll be starting my hospital bag very soon. in fact i have a list of necessities already written out, now i just need to get everything together. are any of you ladies writing up a birth plan? my mother insists that i write one, but none of my friends did with their children and everything went well for them... i think my mom is just a little bit old fashioned.

i have a question... if they offer an episiotomy, will they offer it during the labor if they think you may rip? or is that something you need to decide ahead of time? i'm not completely opposed to it, i would just rather not have it if i dont need it. im just a little worried because DH and i have not been able to :sex: at all for 4 months due to the cerclage, so i dont know how "massaged" everything is down there.... sorry if its TMI i'm just a little hesitant about the whole thing. I know i'll be getting an epidural so would i be better off just getting an episiotomy? what heals faster, that or natural tearing?

another question... i had an ultrasound yesterday and i was 29 weeks and 2 days, and the little one weighed 3lbs and 3 ounces..... is it just me or does that seem big? i hope she's not too squished :( she looked really uncomfortable and squished i feel really bad, i almost started crying.

sorry for all the questions and blabbing so much, i guess im just getting a little anxious :dohh:

I just wanted to let you know that i had an ultrasound at the exact same time as you and my little one weighed the EXACT same amount as yours... :) .. i was told it was a good weight.

Thanks ladies for all the great information!!!

Swanx, i think reading anything by Ina May Gaskin is excellent. Many natural birthers gravitate towards her stuff (she is one hell of a midwife!!!) but even if you get the epidural or even if anyone is planning the epi, I really think reading her stuff is greatly helpful bc it gives you a good view of a normal birth. I think a lot of women have a misunderstanding what a normal birth is. And so we fear it. But epidural or not, its good to learn about birth and hear it and see it and watch it because that will get rid of the fear. Fear DOES make childbirth more painful. Utimatly birth tends to be a fear driven experience, for the vast majority of mainstream cultures. But it doesn't have to be that way. So plan the epidural (or dont) but do become familiiar with what birth REALLY is about. That will help greatly. Youtube is invaluable for this sort of thing as well

Also, i say take a comprehensive OUT OF HOSPITAL birth class. You will learn more there than ANY hospital crash course has to offer. So things like Bradley Method, Brio Birth, Hypnobirthing, etc is EXCELLENT. My Bradley classes were well worth the money!!! Otherwise i dont think i would have birthed a posterior baby with being almost 2 weeks overdue, with having 100% back labor for 30 hours or with pushing for 6 hours without it. Is that a typical birth? No. But no ones life was in danger and i had the coping techniques, the knowledge, and the empowerment to keep going....on the other hand if those who want an epi, there isn't any shame in that! But still learning these things is truly invaluable, especially when the suggestions of intervention come up :) There is nothing wrong with any intervention SO LONG AS THE MOTHER IS MAKING A TRULY INFORMED DECISION. To me, just listening to what the doc wants you to do, does not (WHATSOEVER) make up an informed decision. Read about interventions. Read about their pros and cons. Learn AHEAD of time. This is the time. Dont wait until your in labor to figure it out. Besides when you do have to make decisions during child birth, you will feel more confident about your choice :thumbup:

They Hypnobirthing book is AMAZING! Even if you want the epi. There is a lot of great stuff in that book!

Movies ALL [US] women should watch:

~The Business of Being Born
~Born in America.

I didn't want to come across as saying birth plans meant closed minds, I realise after guppy's post that may have been how it seemed! :dohh:
I just knew in my own case that it would have been too much if it had all gone "wrong" :lol: Control freak that I am!

Thanks, I just read your post and thought "oh crap I hope the girlies didn't think I was being a b1tch" :haha:

Haha I am a control freak, too... and if I had a birth plan, it would have to be like a flow chart that addressed every potential situation, with arrows to all possible outcomes... haha I'd walk into the hospital with this gigantic chalkboard a la Big Bang Theory... I'd need a two-hour-long meeting with all L&D hospital staff to discuss my plans...
:dohh:

Haha I am a control freak, too... and if I had a birth plan, it would have to be like a flow chart that addressed every potential situation, with arrows to all possible outcomes... haha I'd walk into the hospital with this gigantic chalkboard a la Big Bang Theory... I'd need a two-hour-long meeting with all L&D hospital staff to discuss my plans...

I just tapped my birth plan to the door :winkwink:
Enough said. PLUS you have to remember that no matter how birth goes-whether there are complications or not, YOU the one making the choice. You make it no matter what.
However, i understand the perspective of not having a birth plan too :thumbup:

Even if you dont bring a birth plan with you, i think its good to sit down and just write it out just so you know what youd like and not like. Then feel free to rip it to shreds :haha: its a good activity, because many women do not even think about some aspects of birth until they are in the heat of the moment (which isn't good bc then you end up doing something you probably wouldn't have wanted to). But yeah, even just thinking up the scenarious is a good thing to do so you can be prepared for the "what ifs"

LOL!!!!!!!! :xmas13: thats how i am!!!!!! i was talking to DH last night about birth plans and stuff and he was just looking at me shaking his head.

and thank you all you ladies for all the great information!!! i actually went to the doctors today and my doctor told me they try to avoid episitomys unless a situation comes up where one is absolutely needed. Guppy I'll have to download those movies, I need as much information as I can get! you guys are all so helpful!!! i love it!!!!!

Glad to be off assistance friend :flow:
...PS i forgot to tell you, but that hospital you are going to looks really comfy!

I was wanting to know if anyone else has seen or heard this:
https://www.taipeitimes.com/News/front/archives/2011/11/02/2003517258

One of my friends on facebook shared this and I didn't know if anyone saw it or heard anymore on it.

Hi ladies..

Hope your all well.. I didnt do a birth plan for my daughter and her birth went great.. I think you need to remember your in control of what happens.. which is what i did.. i made my choices they let me kinda do what i wanted.. and my labor was really really short..prob made a diff..

3rd tri... yay officially tomorrow when i turn 27 weeks.. cant believe it.. were all almost finally 3rd tri.. its just kelly left i think, who is due march 1st.. :) to cross over..

we will be having our babies before we know.. cant wait for that wave and chatter to start..

I was wanting to know if anyone else has seen or heard this:
https://www.taipeitimes.com/News/front/archives/2011/11/02/2003517258

One of my friends on facebook shared this and I didn't know if anyone saw it or heard anymore on it.

I saw this over the summer...quite scary!

Thans for the tips Guppy! After dinner I'm going to do some research! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"