February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Oh my gosh, when the first babies of this group start coming-- maybe even a couple in january-- I'm gonna start freaking out a little!!

I know! Its crazy to think that its almost Decemeber, and then we are really in the home stretch!

I love this thread! I have learned SO much! I'm going to read more about stretching out the area a few weeks before my due date.

Oh, I had my first BH's today... I think. Tightening and afterwards it feels like I did 1000 sit-ups! It's so crazy that in a couple of months these contractions will be leading to the birth of my baby!!

I can't believe I will be 30 weeks on Monday - it's just went so fast....! Having said that on days when my SPD is really bad it's not so wonderful, but you tend to forget about those moments unless you are in the midst of one :haha: I'm finishing up this friday to work from home for a couple of weeks before Christmas because I just can't cope with the pain anymore :(

I also have a placental scan on Monday, so hoping they will let us have a peek at whether our LO is still team :blue: and let us take away a pic of his face for the boys to see.

I will also be having a looooooooooong drawn out debate with my consultant about the plan for LO's arrival - they are trying to get me to have a 2nd section due to serious shoulder dystocia with DS1, but after MRSA & the prospect of a 7 yo & his 6 yo brother to run about after i'm hoping for a VBAC. Unfortunately you cant have drug based inductions after a section so I'm hoping there are other options.....

Anyway, i've not been on here for ages, but I just wanted to check in & say that I hope you are all well :hugs:

Its very scary to think this pregnancy has flown by, it feels like this morning i poas lol.

Im now worrying because i still have so so much to do x

So after having the Braxton Hicks for like 24 hours I decided to just call my doctor and let her know. It felt a little odd because they still havent really let up since they started, more like one giant contraction rather than tighten/loosen/tighten/loosen. So, she had me come into the office today to get looked at. Everything looked totally fine and my cervix was 100% closed... yay! I felt a little silly leaving work for nothing, but its all so unknown that i wanted to be on the safe side.

How's everyone feeling?

Glad it ended up being no big deal :hugs: that would be scary and i think all of us would have left work for that!
Next time, if you can, try eating a little, followed by drinking some water (or OJ, anything healthy), followed by taking a walk, followed by showering, followed by sleeping....it should stop during one (or after a few, or even all of those acitivites) if it doesn't stop after you've tried them all, its usually real labor. If it stops, you know its BHs. Sometimes they will stop as soon as you eat, other time after a walk, and other times after a nap, so try em all. but no worries hun, i would have been concerned too :hugs:

jokerette- im so glad everything is ok ! sometimes our bodies really do want to trick us. and it gets worse when we actually want them to come ! i cant tell you how many times i thought i was in labour once i hit 37 weeks lol ! and then when i was in labour, i was in complete denial!
yep,was 5cm, sitting in the pool and waiting to be sent home ! :haha:

havent been on in a few days, but have been reading.

went on my massive shopping spree yesterday and i had so much fun! i dont get to go shopping much due to living on an island, so i always enjoy going to the mainland and shopping a little. i spent about $250 which i think is really good considering all the things i bought !!! ill post a pic later. they are all christmas related lol i didnt even start on stuff for holly, i cant now until after christmas anyway !

we go on holiday in 3 weeks today and im so excited. i cant wait !

Christmas tree and decs up and advent calendar stocked with goodies.
Absolutely wrecked now! *yawn*

hi girlies!!

my oh my how i've missed you all :) hehehe :flower:

I've not been on in what feels like ages, been so busy!

Scarlets shower was a success.... :kiss: there were 30 women, and I was there opening gifts for an hour lol. We got her swing, diaper genie, tummy cruiser, play gym, playpen, monitors, bottle warmer, sterilizer, bottles, soothers, onesies, clothes, a couple of super cute outfits, bottle bags, nipples, diapers, her crib bedding, mobile, blankets, toys, little molds for hand prints, some more books for her library, a jacuzzi tub!!! hahaha... seriously... this thing has jets with dials for different temps and speeds, and its own retractable shower head... HOLY SPOILED!!!... and there was lots, lots more. I was so overwhelmed with gratitude for the love my little ladybug has already. :cloud9::hugs::kiss:

My MIL and SIL chipped in to get me a gift cert to this place that does belly casting, then turns it into a "belly bowl". they lady decorates its however u want, and adds babys name, and quotes or whatever you'd like.

I want to do the bowl to look like a hatched egg, and have it sitting on a nest.
That way, when we have her newborn photos taken, we can put her little tutu on (another shower gift LOL) and lay her in her egg.
CANNOT WAIT!

The nursery is coming along. I've attached a shot of the back half. (The front half w/her dresser is packed w/gifts still, and we've yet to get her book case in)

next on the list; buy some more clothes, pick up her stroller and carseat, and a few storage bins for her closet, and we are officially baby ready!!!

gup; can you FB msg me the names of any of the books or movies you feel would help give me a realistic expectation of what to expect for birth?
I'm just now starting to think about it, and its REALLY intimidating, hahaha.

booking another 3D scan for sometime within the next 2 weeks or so for the wifey's birthday. :cloud9:

hope everyone is well!!!

ps; if you notice, in her crib there is a little stuffy... because I had called her "monster" for so long, my best friends mum hand made a monster dolly for her! it's RIGHT up my ally, i totally loved it :)
but pls don't mind the mess!!! we have yet to lay her rug, and there are still gift bags running amok!

hope all is well!
I think we need a bump update soon :)

Attachments

• nursery1.jpg
    nursery1.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 10
  • nursery2.jpg
    nursery2.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 7
  • nursery3.jpg
    nursery3.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 7
  • nursery4.jpg
    nursery4.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 7
your nursery is AMAZING ! i really mean that. its absolutely beautiful !
im really upset that i cant do much at the moment with ours because we are planning to move after new years ! so that gives me about 5 weeks to do the whole thing :wacko: ive just been making little decorations etc for it .
i had a belly cast done with jesse, my friend did it and she painted it and made it really beautiful, and then when he was born, she added his birthdate/weight/time etc. i really love it.
post some baby shower pics !

:hugs: awww thanks kris :)

Unfortunately, we didnt take pics :( :( :( with so many people milling around, and so many kids, it seemed to slip everyones mind to pull out the cameras.

My birth mom was there, and she had her video camera for various parts of present opening, and I have a pic of the cake... but i really wish i'd gotten more for her scrap book :( i'm so disapointed!

I can't believe you guys are moving so close to holly's arrival! that must be super stressful for you :(

we've begun to talk about moving as well. Our house is a 2 bedroom, and we have 2 golden retrievers, which require quite the amount of space lol. we'd like an extra bedroom for guests, and a finished basement for Scar's playroom... right now our basement is unfinished, and we let the pups play downthere in the summer, as it's nice and cool for them.

Maybe sometime during mat leave... but i'd like to have the first bit here anyway, considering how much work we've put into her nursery! LOL.

love to see more holly crafts :) post some pics!!!

Almost Mama the nursery looks sooooo cute!!!!! I love little girl stuff!!

Guppy thank you for the tips!!

:) goodnight girls!

Ugh. What is it with this nausea???
Are you other 27-weekers still suffering? :sick:

AR - ive been feeling very nauseous alot in the last week! no where near as bad as first tri thank god .
Almostmama - i will soon :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"