February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Hi all, hope you are well :)

Took DH to B&Q today for paint to decorate DS1/DS2's bedroom, seeing as they are 'big boy's now. Anyway, managed to get lovely dulux paint half price THEN saw a Christmas tree for £16.99 that was totally perfect - talked DH into getting it (we were waiting till Sun to do the tree) Anyway, get to the till & it's bloody £34.99!! He fell in love with it though & I said, well, the money we saved on the paint covers it.... Got my own way, lol. It's decorated now, so out house is lovely & Christmasdy & the boys got a lovely surprise when they got home. They were so happy :cloud9:

So DH has been stripping/papering their room since Tuesday & applied the new paint to the Walls today while the kids were at school. He made the mistake of asking what they thought.... One word from my 7 y.o. 'lame'. Thought DH's head was going to explode :haha: The problem was they wanted a transformers room, so once I told them I've ordered a transformers border from America they were placated. So funny.

Not much else to report. Just thought I'd share :)

Yey for your Christmas tree!!!

And, lol, at your kids. That's too funny!!

Okay, finally home!

Well, the report was good, she said that my BP is great and my urine test came back clear, so she was relieved. But she even admitted that upon seeing me, she was concerned. She goes, "You just... puff... a little more than most women do." xDDDD So apparently, I'm a puffball. We went over my diet in the past few days and she said all sounds good, I'm not eating too much/too little sodium, and that the nature of my job isn't going to make things any worse. She suggested compression stockings, adding 2 more quarts of fluid to my daily intake and putting up my feet when I get home. Guess she even was a little shocked I came back clear, but she said she's really glad I did (as am I!) :haha:

So they cancelled my scheduled appt. for next week and bumped me back, so I'll be going at 33, 35, 36, 37, etc until my due. Glad that I don't need to run back AGAIN next week. She said I'm measuring big still, but I always have and that they'll be able to tell around 37 week if she's just big or if I'm a little "fluffy." :rofl: We shall see! But I was glad for a great bill of health, what a relief!

Going to go prop up my puffy feet now and watch a movie with the pup until hubby gets home from work. :)

That's great news!!! So relieved!!

Okay, so we bought Isaiah a doll baby...its a cheap one (i didnt want to spend a lot) but looks and feels pretty realistic. It comes with clothes, booties, a hat, and a cloth diaper. Even though i plan to BF, im going to get a little play bottle...do i sound rediculous? I just want him to understand about taking care of a LO...even if he doesn't fully get it...he has been showing interest in taking care of *something* because he picks up his stuffed animals and holds them over his shoulers and pats/rubs the back (just like i do with him)...i also thought about getting him a little play potty (for the doll) since he is begining potty training....i feel embarrassed to say this, but idk...i thought maybe it would help be ready for Elliot?Is that weird since he's a boy?

Okay, so we bought Isaiah a doll baby...its a cheap one (i didnt want to spend a lot) but looks and feels pretty realistic. It comes with clothes, booties, a hat, and a cloth diaper. Even though i plan to BF, im going to get a little play bottle...do i sound rediculous? I just want him to understand about taking care of a LO...even if he doesn't fully get it...he has been showing interest in taking care of *something* because he picks up his stuffed animals and holds them over his shoulers and pats/rubs the back (just like i do with him)...i also thought about getting him a little play potty (for the doll) since he is begining potty training....i feel embarrassed to say this, but idk...i thought maybe it would help be ready for Elliot?Is that weird since he's a boy?

I don't think it's weird! I think it's a good idea to have him use his imagination/play at taking care of something!

Not weird at all. Liam has a doll. I had a lot of agro when I bought it that he will grow up to be gay. I just gave a gentle reminder to anyone who felt the need to comment that gay men can't have babies (not the natural way anyway). Girls grow up to be Mummies and boys grow up to be Daddies. If Liam has babies when he's older I'd like for him to take responsibilty and be involved in bringing them up. And if he does grow up to be gay, so what? He'll still be my Liam and I'll love him just the same.

He used to be really gentle with the doll, but he now throws her on her head. Hope he realises Amelia is actually a real baby and he needs to be gentle!!

I don't think it's weird. I think it's a good idea. (Although my DH would not approve!) I've read where little kids, boys AND girls, are very much into the whole thing of taking care of a baby, being a mommy or daddy, etc. And it doesn't have anything to do with sexuality or even gender roles when they get older. :thumbup:

Thanks ladies!
Thats what i figured...id like to know who decided that boys playing with dolls automatically meant they were gonna be gay :shrug:
maybe society has it all wrong to begin with...i mean DH is a wonderful daddy but at least 50% of American children have dads not present very often (due to divorce, career, etc)...so maybe boys should be playing with dolls, so when they grow and have babies they will understand the value.

Swanxxsong I'm soooo happy everything looks okay!

Guppy- I agree! Dolls for boys can be a great idea!

My good friend is trying to start up her photography business so she offered to do family and maternity photos for free :yipee: Today we are meeting and getting pics done at the Kittery Fort, Lighthouse, and Ocean! Can't wait! Most of them will be family photos, but she will do some maternity ones too. I would like to wait until im even more far gone to have a better bump in the pics so we will do more mat photos in a few weeks...i really hope there is a snow storm around that time bc i think those photos would be awesome!

Here are my nails! I did them in green (so to resemble baby gender being a "surprise" lol)

Attachments

• IMG_0584.jpg
    IMG_0584.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 1
Ooh, they're really pretty! I've been wanting to do mine but haven't. Did you just use green paint and the little stick-on decal things? I've never done anything so complicated but it looks really cute.

yep! thats all it was :D
I used tweezers to get the stickers off the paper and place on my fingernail. Made it a million times easier! It actually wasn't tough or time consuming. I did 2 coats of pain. Let it dry. Then placed the stickers. ...you are supposed to then put a clear coat over top, but i can't find mine :blush: hopefully they dont fall off!

erm...how should i wear my hair for the photo shoot? :shrug: up? down? pulled to the side? half up and half down? Straight? curly? scrunched?

Is it windy? In my experience, wind takes the curl right out. :(
Whenever I ask my mom how I should wear my hair, over the last twenty years at least, she always says half up half down. :roll: Hehe so I will tell you the same. For the same reason my mom says it... whatever her reasons may be. :shrug:

Swansong - glad your appointment went well!

Guppy - you are making me feel like a skank, lol. I'm so lazy just now, I buffed & filed my nails today - that's it! I really need to devote some time to my 'personal grooming' Might have to enlist DH to do my toenails... Not sure that will end well for either if us tbh!

Just about to have a bath with some lavender & ylang ylang oil. Made DH promise to rub my back with some lavender gel after my bath. I LOVE lavender. Hope he doesn't think he's getting any action.....

Your nails look great Guppy! And I think the doll is a great idea. No better way to learn, short of handing him a real kiddo and that's not too wise probably haha. Forget what people say - someone ALWAYS has a comment...

We're home watching the Army/Navy game today with one of our friends. I tried 3 new recipes that I found on Pintrest and they are all a super hit!!! 1 - pepperoni/cheese balls (cooked into biscuit stuff), 2 - cookie dough cheescake dip, 3 - margarita dip. Yummmmmmmmmmmm

Dh leaves tomorrow on TDY for a week. Hmpf. I don't like him leaving in December because it cuts out so much holiday stuff. I'm going to AGAIN have to do all the shopping, wrapping, etc etc by myself. *sigh* Why his command decided to do their change of command now and not last month...

My good friend is trying to start up her photography business so she offered to do family and maternity photos for free :yipee: Today we are meeting and getting pics done at the Kittery Fort, Lighthouse, and Ocean! Can't wait! Most of them will be family photos, but she will do some maternity ones too. I would like to wait until im even more far gone to have a better bump in the pics so we will do more mat photos in a few weeks...i really hope there is a snow storm around that time bc i think those photos would be awesome!

Here are my nails! I did them in green (so to resemble baby gender being a "surprise" lol)

Very pretty :kiss:

Had our antenatal class at the hospital today, was sort of interesting but confirmed that I really don't fancy the hospital setting and would be much happier staying at home if poss.
MW coming in the morning to do the homebirth assessment so will get lots of questions answered then. Anyone recommend a birth pool? So far I like the look of the eco birth pool in a box but it's hard to tell what it'll be like just from pictures.

Found my bump pics and finally got them on the computer!

Attachments

• 6 weeks.jpg
    6 weeks.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 17 weeks.jpg
    17 weeks.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 32 weeks.jpg
    32 weeks.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 4
Guppy, how did the picture taking go??? I hope that everything went well, cant wait to hear how much fun they were!

AFM, I have been having terribly strong BH's or mild contractions (whichever way you want to look at it), and I have also been losing parts of my mucus plug. The mucus plug part doesn't worry me, because I lost my plug with DS1 at like 34 weeks and he was still a week late! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->