February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Swan you totally dropped! Glad there was an answer to the way you were feeling :)

Redheadbabies - you look awesome!!

--------------
We got a hottub from DH's parents and finally got it running. I normally love going in at 104 degrees but obviously I can't do that! I know I can't raise my core body temperature but we set it at 99-100degrees and I went in yesterday and it felt so nice to be weightless. Do you ladies think that's ok as long as we keep it very clean? Or is it not worth it?

About the diaper bag... I had two, one bigger and one smaller. One zipped on top and the other had a snap (that left it partially open). I liked both... Idk specifically why people told you the flap is bad, except that maybe it just takes longer to open and close.
I liked that mine had pockets inside for bottles rather than just elastic bands so that I could stick an ice pack in there, too.
Also, I recommend one that can be thrown in the washer. 'Cause it will get pretty gross, from leaking juice, diaper cream incidents, and sitting on the floor everywhere you go. :)

Jokerette-- that can't be much warmer than a bath, right? So the temp is probably okay... do they advise against hot tubs because of bacteria?
Idk. I'm all about not taking risks, so I probably wouldn't... but it's probably fine? Yeah, I'm not helpful at all. :)

I would probably wait until the baby is here to go into the hot tub, but like the comment above, I'm all about avoiding taking risks. You could call your midwife/doctor and see what they suggest.

I can only imagine how nice it must have felt to be weightless in the water! It sounds so good, especially for my lower back right now!

i know im so torn... i think the temperature is okay but i dont want to risk bacteria... but then again we are the ones cleaning it so i think we can monitor it. It cant be dirtier than swimming in a lake can it? oh, it was just so relaxing and a nice bonding experience with DH. oh so torn... Guppy? help :)

Swan & TeQuiero- I feel super low too! I have to pee all the time and I don't know if it's weird but it happens at night a lot like she settles in really low for some reason which is weird for a girl right?

Hi Bellasmommy!

Had my 32 week midwife appointment today and she said the head is very low in my pelvis, with baby lying to the right which is crazy because I've slept on my left EVERY SINGLE NIGHT since I found out I was pregnant, even though it's more comfy for me to sleep on the right. Cheeky baby!

Hey ladies..

I was told no hot tubs or sitting in a hot bath for longer than 15 mins.. so i wouldnt risk it either.. only a couple months left.. :) But in the end its ob. up to you.. many women have done things that they aren't supposed and are still okay.. I bet your dr would advise against it though..

Hope your all well.. and ready for christmas.. :) Im getting there.. then focus on baby after the holidays.. :)

RedHead, that is a brilliant idea! I just jotted it down, so that I can keep that in mind for the future. :) I already have one mattress pad and a few sets of sheets, so I just need to get another pad. That’ll be great for those mid-night changes. So easy! Thanks for sharing! Love your bump pics, you look fabulous! As for the diaper bag, the one I have now (from LLBean) is a zipper bag. I’m definitely going to get a second back-up bag, but didn’t decide upon what exactly yet. :)

Hope all is okay TeQuiero and sorry you’re in such discomfort! I feel that way a bit today; just feel as though she’s hitting down really hard and walking is not comfortable nor easy. Grr.

Ahh, what a steal JP! I just went on a shopping splurge at VS. :D Got their new Angel perfume that I love for only 15 bucks, because it was 25 dollars for Black Friday and then I had a 10 dollar card for my upcoming birthday. :dance: Now I have two secret Santa cards to use (each worth ten bucks) but IDK what to buy.

Ooooh the hot tub sounds lovely Jokerette! What a nice way to relax! I have no advice to give as I was told to avoid them, and have no access to one anyway so the thought never really crossed my mind. :haha: I’d definitely agree with the ladies above and say to ask the nurse or doctor, see what they suggest.

Saphire, my mom actually said last week how she thinks I was already carrying low, especially for a girl. :rofl: And now, even lower! Guess that’s just another wives’ tale of sorts perhaps?

Welcome BellasMommy!

Haha aww Monkey! Mine’s definitely resting further on my left, and I sleep on my left… but it’s almost annoying at times because she tends to be a bit under me when I sleep on my side and then she kicks the bed and it kind of is uncomfortable. Little punk!

Hi Rojo! Hope all is well with you – we’re so close to the holidays and then… OUR DUE DATES!

Swan you totally dropped! Glad there was an answer to the way you were feeling :)

--------------
We got a hottub from DH's parents and finally got it running. I normally love going in at 104 degrees but obviously I can't do that! I know I can't raise my core body temperature but we set it at 99-100degrees and I went in yesterday and it felt so nice to be weightless. Do you ladies think that's ok as long as we keep it very clean? Or is it not worth it?

I've always been told that it has to be at body temp so as not to raise Your temp - it being clean isn't the issue (obviously you don't want it dirty, lol, but the big issue is the temp)! We have one and we set it at 98 degrees when I want to use it. Dh refuses to get in it when it's that "cold" but it still feels good to me, especially when it's cold out!!

Good morning ladies!! Tuesday. Oh boy I still have so much to do!! I finished another paper today so I'm on track to finish by the end of the week - I have 3 left. After I finish this I'm going to go juice all the oranges we brought back. Yesterday I did all the lemons and tangerines so it'll be nice to have that all taken care of. I think this afternoon I'm going to either try to finish Dh's blanket or start my sisters. Dh's I can finish anywhere because it's just surface stitching/crochet. Nikki's is a sewing project so I need to make sure I finish it before we leave for Christmas!! I still need to order her some gifts but I'm having an issue with spending a ton of money...I don't HAVE a ton to spend an so I want the best bang for my buck. But I always get her great gifts and I feel like this year won't be so great. :-( She's 11 so she's really my Baby Sister, you know? I like spoiling her!!! She wants American Girl stuff and usually I'd spend about 100$ on her stuff.

Ok ladies, updating from all of my pain lately..... last night DH and I had :sex: and then I was spotting afterwards (guessing DH just hit my cervix) but today Adelina hasn't moved hardly at all..... I am going to keep paying attention to her and if she doesn't move much before 5 I am going to call my Drs office to see what they say. They will probably say to wait until tomorrow since I have an appt at 930 tomorrow morning.

--------------

I've always been told that it has to be at body temp so as not to raise Your temp - it being clean isn't the issue (obviously you don't want it dirty, lol, but the big issue is the temp)! We have one and we set it at 98 degrees when I want to use it. Dh refuses to get in it when it's that "cold" but it still feels good to me, especially when it's cold out!!

so you think bacteria is not an issue?... obviously we WILL keep it clean of course. But, can bacteria get up inside me if i am soaking? what about after my mucous plug goes away? Can it get inside the amniotic sac, or weaken it somehow?

Ok ladies, updating from all of my pain lately..... last night DH and I had :sex: and then I was spotting afterwards (guessing DH just hit my cervix) but today Adelina hasn't moved hardly at all..... I am going to keep paying attention to her and if she doesn't move much before 5 I am going to call my Drs office to see what they say. They will probably say to wait until tomorrow since I have an appt at 930 tomorrow morning.

TeQuiro, keeping you in my thoughts... but try not to worry!!! i dont think sex can hurt the baby :hugs: Keep us posted!

I am about halfway done my teddy bear I am making for Kenny. It was a rug hook kit and now I am finally sewing the parts together and stuffing them! :)

Attachments

• teddy.jpg
    teddy.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 1
Welcome-Bellasmommy

Tequiero- thinking about you. I think we are all just sensitive. I get scared everytime after sex and I can't feel her. I go down and use the doppler sometimes just to feel better. I'm sure all is good!

Welcome-Bellasmommy

Tequiero- thinking about you. I think we are all just sensitive. I get scared everytime after sex and I can't feel her. I go down and use the doppler sometimes just to feel better. I'm sure all is good!

It is definitely all quite scarey... i didnt mean to sound insensitive. I have been so worried about sex that i have only baby-danced 4 times since we got our BFP... i had alittle bleeding and it freaked me out so now we just find other ways ;)

--------------

so you think bacteria is not an issue?... obviously we WILL keep it clean of course. But, can bacteria get up inside me if i am soaking? what about after my mucous plug goes away? Can it get inside the amniotic sac, or weaken it somehow?

Since it's YOUR hot tub, and YOU are making sure it's clean, I honestly wouldn't be worried about bacteria. I talked to my doc about ours after he said "No hot tubs" and said, "What if we have one at home?" He said that was totally different. Since we could regulate the temp, I could go in as much as I want as long as I keep it at 98 or below.

I am about halfway done my teddy bear I am making for Kenny. It was a rug hook kit and now I am finally sewing the parts together and stuffing them! :)

That's awesome!!! I had no idea they had kits to make things like that! I think it was only for like...rugs and pillows!!! Love!! I'm crocheting Sebastian a teddy bear...cute so far!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->