February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Yikes tiger, how scary! I hope it doesn't happen again. x

Tiger, I'm so glad you are feeling better today and I hope that pain doesn't come back. How scary!

:hugs: tiger. That must have been terrifying! :(

:hugs: to anyone else who needs them. I haven't read back tbh, had a hectic few days/week here. DH and Abbie are both ill and I've been under the weather too (though not with their flu bug thankfully!) Haven't slept much in the last 48 hours particularly so kind of zombie-esque right now! :sleep:

tiger-has the pain gone away? Been thinking about you. Hope you're feeling better x

tiggertea- that stinks :hugs: i hope you and everyone in your fam gets feeling well soon. :flow:

Ladies… is it February yet? :rofl: I am so miserable right now. I cannot get comfortable at work, I am so exhausted it isn’t even funny, and though it’s coming quickly I feel as though there’s no light at the end of the tunnel. And for whatever reason, everyone at work is all snippy and on edge today, so I’ve been on my feet running around like a madwoman trying to make everyone happy. Sigh. Sorry, I just needed a brief vent but I really would just love to walk out of here for a break.

Anyway!

I love stalking people’s cloth diaper creations – SO cute! I need to learn to sew. :D

So sorry to hear about your pain Tiger – that sounds so dreadfully frightening! :hugs:

From now on, I’m saying hubby and I have a pants-less marriage. That’s the best phrasing I’ve heard yet. :rofl: That’s how I’d describe my relationship too. But if you ask him today, he’ll claim I wear the pants because let’s face it, not many men dare to cross a pregnant woman, right? ;) :rofl:

Aw Tigger, I hope you all feel better soon!

AFM: besides my moan above, I’m hanging in there. Last night had some sharp pains just below my left breast, and anytime I inhaled it felt as though something was broken… but I never felt Aria kick or break anything. It’s decreased in severity today, so I’m just going to ask tomorrow at my appointment, see what’s up with it. I’m not worried, just aching. Haha.

My maternity shoot went well Saturday, can’t wait to see my proofs! They should be mailed to me from the lab hopefully by New Years if not sooner! :dance: Eee!

Mmm, settling down with a mug of RRLT (ordered some more off Amazon, since I envision myself drinking this through and beyond pregnancy haha) and was strolling through 3rd Tri and saw a board about this. It's something I've heard of, but would love input from anyone who has more insight. Definitely something I'd be interested to try, but need to do some more research + would love any first-hand stories anyone may have! :)

https://www.thebudgetmommy.com/home/2009/10/8/postpartum-belly-binding.html

Tiger, :hugs: Adelina gave me a couple of sharp painful movements last night, so I am with you on the hoping that feeling doesn't happen again! I hope that you are doing okay. :)

Tiggertea, I hope that everyone gets to feeling better ASAP! :hugs:

Swan, hopefully you have a better afternoon! Maybe she got pushed against some of the nerves in your muscles right there, I had that a few times with the boys. But hopefully your doctors will be able to tell you more. :D

Not February yet...but very close! :haha: I can't believe how close it is actually...i mean i can pop anytime after Feb 1st and im due at the end! So ladies are going to start having their babies in the next 3 weeks! :shock:

swan- i didn't intentially do belly binding with DS, but i actually did lol....are you planning on BFing? Motherhood Maternity makes these fabulous nursing tank tops. They are great for BFing, but i also liked that it was made out of this specific material to help keep the baby flub in. I have always been overweight, and i like trying to hide it. I got one of these and it did a great job while it was on! But TBH, i dont think it did anything, long term wise...when i had it on i loved my body (much much more than when i didnt) BUT i dont feel as if it changed anything (when it wasn't on)....i think its all chance if it works or not...and i think genetics and body type have much more to do with it...as well as if you have a vaginal birth verses a c-section :thumbup:

but there's no harm in trying! ya just never know! IT could work for you :D

Thanks TeQuiero! I figure it could be anything, including me having bent the wrong way or something lol because I do that all the time. We will see!!

I do hope to BF Guppy, we will see how it goes in the hospital. :) I'm just interested as to what anyone's experienced with binding. A lot of the "high quality" ones are beyond my price range but am looking into other options and listening to the experiences of others. :) I was overweight before I got pregnant but I'd love to get myself back to some form of good health after the baby comes. :rofl: I was on a roll with working out and now I'm back to square one and then some. Oops!!! xD ah well!!

Ps those nursing tank tops are cute!! Adding them to my wish list ;) haha thanks for sharing!

After my c-section, while I was in the hospital, they wrapped my whole middle with an ace bandage. And it helped immensely with supporting my midsection, getting rid of that drooping, pulling feeling... those of you expecting your 2nd or more kwim. :) I didn't continue after I came home, but I would certainly consider it this time... or even just like a stretchy tank top. It's nice to feel supported.
But yeah, I don't think they really help do anything long-term, except maybe in the case of the diastasis recti (or whatever it's called) like the one comment on that website said... which, for the record, I think I had...
Anyway. I'll stop rambling now. :)

Oh, yeah, and to think some of you ladies are like 3 weeks away from full-term is a bit crazy to me!! The babies will be a-rolling in!!!
I'll have to start stalking journals for those of you that have them, so I get the latest news on the water breakages and labor pains!

ok so yesterday i had quite an experience :wacko:
i was sitting in our car and we were stopped, and all of a sudden i got this searing,excruciating pain right across the top of my bump, literally right where my uterus ends on top. it was by far the most painful thing ive experienced in my life, far worse than my contractions with jesse, and they were horrific.
it felt like a very big and painful charlie horse in my belly and i was crying instantly, i couldnt move, jonno tried moving my arm up so i could get some air, because he was freaking out as he could see i was gasping for air and struggling to breathe, and it was awful. i was screaming in agony the whole time.
i dont know what the hell it was but i never EVER want to experience anything like it again. i thought i was dying.
we rang the hospital and she really didnt know what it was. the hospital is a $30 ferry, 1hour drive away so she didnt want me to come unneccesarily into town. she said that if it happened again to come in or call back and an ambulance will get me or if holly stopped moving to go in.
well holly was moving perfectly fine all night, and i was very sore and crampy for the rest of the night, had a few strong and painful bh's overnight but thats it. so im really not sure what it was
oh my gosh tiger! how scary! I'm so glad you and LO are okay!!!

That’s what I’m thinking Amaryllis – some people swear by them and this and that, made them thinner post-pregnancy, etc. In my mind, I’m thinking I’d just feel a bit more comfortable with some support while my body adjusts – nothing fancy, just a small ounce of support. Maybe Spanx? I own a pair of them! haha. Though that would be after I tuck in a little bit that they’d be fitting again. However I could use an ACE or something initially, then graduate to that when it fits. Things to consider… :haha: Heck, I love having my support belt on NOW so I may not want to surrender anytime soon. ;)

Tiger - wow! That sounds terrifying! Hope you & LO continue to be well.

I've only recently heard of the body wrap things, but I can tell you after my last (and only) section, there's no way in hell I'd let someone truss me up. Plies I got MRSA so I'd be mega paranoid about infection, but I'm crazy anyway :blush:

Had to go back to Dr today, now on two 30/500 dihydrocodeine/paracetamol 4 x a day. I feel like I'm failing my baby. I took nothing medicine wise at all for DS1, sparing paracetamol for SPD with DS2, but I've literally been popping pills for most of this pregnancy. Ironically, the anxiety about this has made my doc put me back on diazepam because I'm just about at my coping limit. I can't even take my kids to school without pain frustrating me, shouting at the kids cause I'm sore & today I could only walk them to the gate because it was so icy I couldn't risk walking accross the playground - even with crutches. It's awful :shrug:

Is anyone else having to take pain meds during their pregnancy? I could really do with someone to feel bad with :haha:

In other news, it's Christmas week & I'm going to try my hardest to make Christmas Day extra special for my boys to make up for being short tempered & not able to interact with them physically as much as I usually would.

Hope you are all well :hugs:

:hugs: suzzle. You are doing the best you can sweetie. Dont be so hard on yourself :flow:

Tiger, will keep my fingers crossed and hope it all was a once of accurance.

I had to take tylenol for a little while there because of headaches. And if my sciatica gets any worse, I'll probably take some again.
And I'm taking claritin, flonase, advair, and ventolin for asthma and allergies. I wish I didn't have to take anything... it does worry me. I didn't take any of those things with DS. My dr does know and approved them, but still. I wish I didn't have to take anything.

I got mine from a pattern book from JoAnn Fabrics. Found here:

https://www.joann.com/joann/catalog...geName=search&flag=true&PRODID=zprd_11108966a

But i do know there is a ton of stuff online...pinterest and youtube

What would I need to start? I'd like to order the book but I want to order everything needed to make a diaper.

PUL Fabric
Fold over elastic??
Snaps?
Snap Pliers?

Anything else?

Well it depends on which type of diaper you choose to make, but the one i picked to make used PUL (for the outside of the CD), Suede Cloth (for the inside of the CD), Fold over elastic,Velcro (unless you want to do buttons for the wings), polyester thread, snaps and snap pliers (if you want to do a one size). JoAnns also had these cute little patches you could add to the butt. They are adorable, but i just didn't get any.

Almost Mama- Thanks :blush: funny thing is DH and i are really into an Egalitarian marriage haha but i do love me so projects haha....im not good with cleaning though lol

Glad you got to see you LO again :cloud9: Those scans are so cool!

Swan- praying this is a sticky bean for your friend :dust:

becstar- thank you love! We have an array of brands, but def love the ebay cheapies, especially for day use! They are the cutest and very affordible, which is what im about :thumbup:

AmaryllisRed- thanks for sharing the deals at BBRU! I like looking at stuff there, but you're right they can be pricey...even when its on sale :dohh: i think i'll check it out, just in case.

Awesome nappy Guppy! We've just had half our shipment of Bumgenius, we've got 24. They're soooo cute in all the different colours.

Anyone who has done cloth before, did you put in a paper liner for the poop?

Thanks! I have a few BG from the Artisan collection, they are so cute! and work really well!!! Most of our stash is FuzziBunz, but we have a little of everything, i think.

WE never used the paper liner...our whole deal with CDing was to save money, so i couldn't justify doing that...but i must say i really dont think they are needed...i mean, i guess some ppl love them, but if money is a factor i suggest getting a diaper sprayer :) Thats what we use. You can get them off ebay for like $20. Then if there is poop, just knock the solids into your trash diaper pal or knock them into the toilet. If the poop isnt solid, then just spray it off with the hose and then throw into your wet bag :thumbup:

AFM- We found a water baby! i couldn't believe it because i searched high and low in both stores and online and didn't really find one (there was one on amazon but i dont think it was a real water baby), anyways, we have this chain store (in Maine, not New Hampshire), and they had a boy one there! DS is so cute and feeds the baby a bottle...he even grabbed a spoon from his kitchen set and tried feeding him :cloud9:

Also here is the diaper i finished last night. I added snaps to this one so it could be one size, then both Elliot and Isaiah can wear it. :thumbup:

Awesome, thanks! Dh said we should "wait". Lol. I swear I don't know how long he wants to wait. We have ONE package of newborn diapers and ONE package of size 1 and NO cloth! :dohh:

Great job on the new diaper!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->