February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

I'm also still totally unsure of my baby's position. I tried belly mapping from the spinning babies website but i just cant seem to get a good feel. Maybe because I have an anterior placenta I cannot feel the back, bum, etc as clearly?

I feel kicks on the right side of my belly up high, and punches or flutters on my lower left. Any guesses or ideas of what position my baby is in, or which way he is facing?

Got a ton more done today!! This morning I went to the PO and mailed everything off. Then I went to Walmart to get Dh's stocking stuffers. Dropped the truck off for an oil change and a friend drove me home. Then went and refilled my meds. And Thennnn went to the vet to get the dogs heartworm and flea pills!! Now, pretty much all I need to do is pack for our trip!!! My step-son should have already left Missouri and should be on his way down here. And we leave tomorrow!!

Left is ALWAYS better than right :D So you are on the good track and your friend is correct.
Now the difference is if she is facing up or down...nonethe less, even if face up left is the side you want...for some reason baby's like corkscrew through the birth canal...they dont just "drop down" like most ppl would assume, and so the idea is that if the baby starts on the right side, it has so much more turning that s/he has to do.(which inevitably means back labor because the baby has to turn the entire way around, hence meaning at some point the baby would be back to back...which isn't fun :nope:) The left is the most ideal because it means the baby doesn't have to cork scew as much :thumbup:

Currently my baby is OA (which basically means he is head down face down, but his back is in the very center of my bump) but im a okay with that because that is also ideal :D So long as baby isnt to the right side and so long as baby is head down face down, im a very happy girl lol

Can you help me understand that a bit more?? Lol. My little guy is on my right side, head down. But what I don't understand is why they'd have to corkscrew more coming from the right than the left? Because it's the same distance...heads already down there...it's just the bottom half of him that's up on the right? So confused! Lol

okay...haha...this is going to sound rediculous but this is the best scenario i could think to describe this....so....In the USA, when you flush a toilet, the water ALWAYS goes the same direction...doesn't matter if its a different toilet or not, for some reason the water always goes around and down in the same direction....now relating that to birth, babies work the same way. If they had to rotate down and cork screw they work from right to left...whereas if they start to the left, the are already around that far, so they have less distance to travel. But if the baby starts on the right she has to travel around that and thats even further. You would think oh its the same distance...but the error in that logic is that almost all babies (i cant say for 100% bc you just never know) but almost all babies move from right to left, and so essentially it is NOT the same distance. Its in fact, further.

I'm also still totally unsure of my baby's position. I tried belly mapping from the spinning babies website but i just cant seem to get a good feel. Maybe because I have an anterior placenta I cannot feel the back, bum, etc as clearly?

this baby and my son were both anterior placentas. Once they get so big, it really doesn't make much difference (movements are a whole other story, but as far as palpating goes once the baby is big enough it wont matter much)...it can make a sligh difference but not often.

Now movement wise you may be feeling less, but because belly mapping isn't soley based on movements, then it wont matter much.

So.... from the feeling of how Adelina is sitting I am either ROT or ROP.... I am not too sure about it though. I know that she has her back on my right side and is head down.... not so sure about anything else :shrug:

well she would def be to the right...and the fact that you know thats her back, would make me believe she is NOT face up-which is good :flower:

..but i just want to clairify that if the baby is face down and to the right, its not terrible. What isn't so optimal is the face up presenation. Yes baby will have more to spin and such, but if they are face down it doesn't put the excruciating pressure on the spine like a face up baby does....

if you have a doll or even a stuffed animal, that helps to visualize :)

If you can palpate their back side, then they are not face up :thumbup:

I dunno if you ladies saw or not, but there is a sale going on with BabyLegs, 75% off of $75. Just thought I would say it on here for anyone who did not know!

Left is ALWAYS better than right :D So you are on the good track and your friend is correct.
Now the difference is if she is facing up or down...nonethe less, even if face up left is the side you want...for some reason baby's like corkscrew through the birth canal...they dont just "drop down" like most ppl would assume, and so the idea is that if the baby starts on the right side, it has so much more turning that s/he has to do.(which inevitably means back labor because the baby has to turn the entire way around, hence meaning at some point the baby would be back to back...which isn't fun :nope:) The left is the most ideal because it means the baby doesn't have to cork scew as much :thumbup:

Currently my baby is OA (which basically means he is head down face down, but his back is in the very center of my bump) but im a okay with that because that is also ideal :D So long as baby isnt to the right side and so long as baby is head down face down, im a very happy girl lol

Can you help me understand that a bit more?? Lol. My little guy is on my right side, head down. But what I don't understand is why they'd have to corkscrew more coming from the right than the left? Because it's the same distance...heads already down there...it's just the bottom half of him that's up on the right? So confused! Lol

okay...haha...this is going to sound rediculous but this is the best scenario i could think to describe this....so....In the USA, when you flush a toilet, the water ALWAYS goes the same direction...doesn't matter if its a different toilet or not, for some reason the water always goes around and down in the same direction....now relating that to birth, babies work the same way. If they had to rotate down and cork screw they work from right to left...whereas if they start to the left, the are already around that far, so they have less distance to travel. But if the baby starts on the right she has to travel around that and thats even further. You would think oh its the same distance...but the error in that logic is that almost all babies (i cant say for 100% bc you just never know) but almost all babies move from right to left, and so essentially it is NOT the same distance. Its in fact, further.

Ahhhhh! Okay, I wasn't thinking about traveling from right to left. I was just thinking about turning and was like...but they're just turning and going down, haha! Gotcha!

Tiger- I am so happy to hear you are doing better!! I was really worried after reading you post! But still keep an eye out!

Happy to hear all the rest of you girls are doing well aswell!! I have not been able to come on here as much and every time i do i have about 10 pages to catch up on!! :)

ONLY ! WEEK LEFT UNTIL I AM DONE WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happydance:

So i have a story for you girls,

I love my OB, she did alot for me and I will never be able to thank her for giving me my life back after my last M/C. She was the only OB that the hospital that would listen to me and understood that what was happening to me was NOT normal.
So I went on a hospital tour a couple weeks ago and realized i just could not give birth at that hospital. I felt sick to my stomach just being there and i do not trust any of the other OB that work though there (i saw almost all of them though emerg. when i was having trouble with my M/C.) So i went on another tour at another hospital and i LOVED it, it felt like home. Therefore i decided to transfer to a new Dr. that delivers with that hospital. (i don't know if it works the same in the US but you HAVE to deliver at the hospital your Dr. works out of).

Well i talked to my Nurse at my current OB's office and told her everything about how i love the Dr. just not the hospital and how great she was... blah,blah,blah.... since my OB is on vacation my nurse called my OB AT HOME and they have been doing EVERYTHING in their power to get me to stay...... now the last thing she did shocked me a bit......

She told me "i don't normally do this but"....... she was willing to induce me early just so she can guarantee that i deliver with her. We you all know how i feel about inducing in the first place..... i am shocked that she would even offer that! Therefore she would be inducing me at around 38-39 weeks!

i have an appt in 30min so will know hollys position then lol.
last night was insane for her movements. question for guppy or birth experts/ pregnancy experts---- how the hell can they move like they do ?!?! holly has been head down for weeks but last night for 2.5hours (i couldnt sleep because her movements were so big and i had arms and legs sticking out everywhere!), she just kept rolling and rolling and rolling and rolling ! jonno swore he could feel her doing summersaults but i told him she cant do that whilst head down lol unless she pops out of my pelvis (which i can very much feel her in at the moment when im walking), so then it made me wonder what she was doing ?
i got visions of her doing this >>>> :headspin: <<<<< whilst her head was in my pelvis :rofl:
so im wondering, what she could have been doing, it was far more then just pokes from arms and legs, i could see bits going from the far right of my belly going to far left

Junebugs- so wait......so are you agreeing to induce? (i can't remember if you for or against induction)

i have an appt in 30min so will know hollys position then lol.
last night was insane for her movements. question for guppy or birth experts/ pregnancy experts---- how the hell can they move like they do ?!?! holly has been head down for weeks but last night for 2.5hours (i couldnt sleep because her movements were so big and i had arms and legs sticking out everywhere!), she just kept rolling and rolling and rolling and rolling ! jonno swore he could feel her doing summersaults but i told him she cant do that whilst head down lol unless she pops out of my pelvis (which i can very much feel her in at the moment when im walking), so then it made me wonder what she was doing ?
i got visions of her doing this >>>> :headspin: <<<<< whilst her head was in my pelvis :rofl:
so im wondering, what she could have been doing, it was far more then just pokes from arms and legs, i could see bits going from the far right of my belly going to far left

:rofl: so funny...well thats a good question and sometimes i wonder if im incubating an octipus! :rofl: haha...on a serious note, the babies actually have TONS more room at this point than we'd like to think (once you get to like 34ish weeks, thats a different story), but right now they actually do have quite a bit of room. And even if the baby is in the pelvis, if they are not engaged, then they can still pop up.

Yeah, I'm definitely having an octopus. :)

I had lots more to say as I read and got caught up... but it's all gone now. :dohh:

Have a good night, everyone! :)

Junebugs- so wait......so are you agreeing to induce? (i can't remember if you for or against induction)

No, i don't even really want to be induced even if i go over.... let alone 2 weeks early!... just so i can have that dr.

Am i wrong in thinking that that is not right???.... inducing just for the sake of having a certain Dr.??

Am i wrong in thinking that that is not right???.... inducing just for the sake of having a certain Dr.??

No way girl! I am totally with you as i didn't even want to be induced when i was nearly 2 weeks over! ...i def say get a new provider...and plus, i know you love her as your care giver, but TBH im a little concerned about the fact that she offered such a thing just so you would stay with her...

so are you going to search for a new caregiver?

I am with you Junebugs; personally I'd prefer letting Aria cook until she's ready... even if it's beyond my date. I know I'll probably be ready to DIE at that point, but it's worth it. :haha: But then again, for me, I don't know which doctor I'll have because it'll be whoever's on call of the 5 I see, so I'm like merrrr... :rofl:

yeah, i personally could never be induced for such a reason...and dont worry ladies, being "overdue" isn't as bad as some ppl make it out to be...i honestly think if doctors didn't make such a huge deal about the EDD women would be fine and not take it so hard...but thats just my opinion, from personal experience...i would never get induced for such a reason (no offense to anyone that would, but i personally could not do that)...it would take one hell of a medical condition for me to ever agree to induction, they pushed it on me sooo much with DS (never agreed to it, thank God) but this time, no need to worry about that since i have two awesome midwives (who will both be there) and dont have to deal with the hospital.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->