February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Tiger- I can\t even believe that!!! Seriously that is really scary, I don't understand how he is so sure that you won't go into labor before that!!! That i just bull!@#&!!!

Guppy- I went to the new Dr. today for a consult and he is great!!! But my other Dr. is not wanting to fax over my records..(they are taking there sweet time doing it) like i said she is doing everything to get me to stay. I am just really surprised she offered that to me just to get me to stay.....:shrug:

I really love this hospital and i think it is so important that you are comfortable where you give birth.

I agree about the hospital. The simple fact of the matter is that you will be dealing with the hospital staff much more often than with the doc...
im glad you had a good visit with a new doc! Thats great hun :D ...hopefully your old doc gets over herself and sends the info!

tiger-- I'm mad for you, too. That's just ridiculous. They are putting you and your baby in danger-- because he "likes the date better"??? Ugh. I hope he loses his job. Who knows how many other patients he has pulled this crap with.
:hugs:

I agree with what was said about how we put so much emphasis on our EDD and then when it comes and goes and no baby, we freak out.
No one ever goes up to an elephant and says, I'm sorry, but you're past the average length of gestation for an elephant... so we're gonna pump you full of drugs and see what happens. :thumbup:

Tiger, I hope you get it sorted soon.

I agree about induction. I was 16 days late by their dates with La and succumbed to the pressure but this time I feel stronger and better equipped to argue my case. She just was not ready. I will have regular monitoring etc but I don't want to be induced.

Tiger... :hugs: I am so sorry they're giving you such a runaround. That makes NO sense to me - like Guppy and Kelly (and everyone else, actually haha) has been saying: WHY TAKE THE RISK?! Sounds like a true fool if you ask me. I hope they sort it for you soon, because that's kind of scary. I remember you talking about the issue with the island + ferry before. :( Not a fun situation, for this instance. But I hope your provider has some answers for you!

I've been pondering today. Mom went 2 weeks early with her first (my sister) and 10 days late with her second (me). My sister went about 10 days early (or so) with her first (last year). And thank goodness for that, in her instance, because he was a pretty big baby and she had a rough delivery process (that ended in a section anyway). OH was born 6 weeks early, and was already 6 pounds when he popped out to say hello to the world. :rofl: I was late, almost 9 pounds, my sister was early and was 7 and change.

SO. If that takes into play for anything, I could potentially go early and have a big baby... IF genetics and family history take any cake in affecting one's results. lol. I keep rolling these thoughts around in my head, trying to maintain patience. :haha:

It's all truly a guessing game.
Every pregnancy and baby is different and thats what it's up to-the baby's lung development and such....even i went nearly 2 weeks over last time and i still ponder when i'll go...probably late though :haha:

and i wouldn't worry about baby size. the average American baby weight 6lb-9.5lb...everyone thinks a baby 8lb or bigger is huge, but really its average....and as long as you dont have GD, its not likely your body will allow you to produce a baby larger than it can birth...there is the VERY rare circumstance of that happening, but in most cases its unlikly. Out culture loves to keep track of size...but the pelvis literally stretches and expands, especially during labor so no one can know (unless you are in the middle of pushing) if its such an issue, regardless of baby size. Plus the baby's head is soooo pliable, so really size isnt all too relevant....plus i thinking birthing conditions have a great deal to do with how things go too.

Tiger - I hope you get that sorted!!! The doc sounds completely insane.

Okay ladies, we're about to head out for vacation! We're driving from here to Biloxi today and then Biloxi to Tampa tomorrow! I only have sporadic internet when we're home - we don't have good internet at our place since we're only there a few times a year so I usually only come on when we're at my moms - so if I'm not on before, I hope everything has a very Merry Christmas!! Enjoy the holiday, relax! "Talk" to ya'll soon!!

Tiger - I hope you get that sorted!!! The doc sounds completely insane.

Okay ladies, we're about to head out for vacation! We're driving from here to Biloxi today and then Biloxi to Tampa tomorrow! I only have sporadic internet when we're home - we don't have good internet at our place since we're only there a few times a year so I usually only come on when we're at my moms - so if I'm not on before, I hope everything has a very Merry Christmas!! Enjoy the holiday, relax! "Talk" to ya'll soon!!

Am i wrong in thinking that that is not right???.... inducing just for the sake of having a certain Dr.??

No way girl! I am totally with you as i didn't even want to be induced when i was nearly 2 weeks over! ...i def say get a new provider...and plus, i know you love her as your care giver, but TBH im a little concerned about the fact that she offered such a thing just so you would stay with her...

so are you going to search for a new caregiver?
I totally agree!!!! that is not right, it would make me nervous too knowing that do not want to risk a VBAC, so why are they having you go late!? I wish you luck and hopefully you can get the date changed back :( Im really annoyed for you! :growlmad:

-----------------------------------------

We got some cute new "furniture" for the room we are turning into a playroom/toyroom The playroom is a small room off our living room where we can keep some toys and things. We also ordered a area rug with roads, trains, and houses on it. So when hes older he can play with cars and trucks on the rug. I am so excited! I love the decorating part of this, and i cant wait til the little guy actually arrives!! :)

Also, I finished making Kenny's teddy bear! yay! I plan on taking a photo with the bear each month to measure his size, as sort of a size comparison :)

Photos:
Playroom connected to our livingroom
TeddyBear handmade
Nursery

Attachments

• playroom.jpg
    playroom.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 2
  • teddybear.jpg
    teddybear.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 2
  • nursery.jpg
    nursery.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 7
I agree, Jokerette-- it all looks great! Good idea about the picture with Teddy, too!

JP-- be safe and enjoy! My friends are in Tampa for a concert-- apparently it's like 80 degrees and sunny. SO jealous. :)

Safe travels JP! Merry Christmas!!!

Nursery looks great Jokerette!! Love it!

Thanks Guppy. :) I'm remaining positive. My Ina Mays book arrived today :D :dance: yay amazon! And I'm reading Supernatural Childbirth on my kindle too, as was also suggested to me. :)

After fiddling and poking I think Aria may be back to back with me. But I can't really tell. :| I'm bad at even trying to determine as I felt I could feel nothing. But her heartbeat is really easy to find and someone said that's a good sign. So we will see. I will ask on the 3 at my next appointment. :)

im jealous of your books! :blush:
My friend got to go to the Farm and meet Ina May...that would be AWESOME!

You will feel soo confident after reading those!
Supernatural childbirth is a great book as well. I have read it cover to cover. It was suggested to me after we lost our first baby.

WOW! Jokerette I just see the other pic you add! IT looks FABULOUS!!! did you do that all on your own?? i love it! where did you get everything from! its perfect! and we are doing animals in Elliots room! (Isaiah's room is sports themed.) Did you paint on the lion and the elephant or are those wall decals?...i may have to steal your idea :haha:

WOW! Jokerette I just see the other pic you add! IT looks FABULOUS!!! did you do that all on your own?? i love it! where did you get everything from! its perfect! and we are doing animals in Elliots room! (Isaiah's room is sports themed.) Did you paint on the lion and the elephant or are those wall decals?...i may have to steal your idea :haha:

Yes i painted those on the wall myself. I'm an artist and an art teacher, I usually do watercolors, but for the baby's room I was so excited to do some murals! :) The bedspread and everything is JoJo Jungletime... i think i got it at babysupermall.com

Steal away!! :)

Thanks Guppy!! I am looking forward to reading them. I am only a small part of the way into supernatural at the moment and it is very good. Ina's book also looks wonderful. I am looking to boost knowledge and confidence. I know my body can do this, I just need/want that added oomph!

So cool that your friend got to meet her! How awesome is that?

So I forget, I apologize - you're planning a waterbirth right Guppy? I know you're shooting for a home birth but I thought you also had a birthing pool and stuff. My memory is well, fail lately haha.

That sounds like so much fun to be an Art Teacher!!! That was actually something i was going to go for at Penn State, but then got scared and went from Human Services instead. You did a great job! ...want to come to my house and do that? :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->