February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

With DS2 I was induced like 6 days early so that I could have her, but every other day within that whole next week or 2 I would have gotten stuck with the doctor who delivered DS1 and I could not bear to have that witch there again. It only took one bad experience (that lasted like 2-3 hours) for me to know I do not want to see her ever again.... and my dr's office is good about working it out. But, if I had to choose between the hospital or the dr I would choose the hospital that I liked, you still have so many visits left to bond with another dr or mw.

I read somewhere that ROA & LOA are different interpretations for different countries. So, my baby is literally on my right hand side, head down, vertical & facing into the left of my pelvis. It's all very confusing! I had no idea about anything like this with DS 1 & 2, but the shoulder dystocia thing has me looking into malpresentation, etc.

I think my RLT is having an effect, defo noticing greater intensity to BH but it seems stable & controlled. After all, how are muscles meant to be strengthened without being 'exercised'? That's the way I think of it anyway. Started on EPO too, went for 300mg orally twice daily at the moment. I'm determined to get this vaginal birth!!

Was feeling a bit better after I started my new pain meds, but a friend was told to stop taking cocodamol by her consultant because it's harmful to the baby. So now I'm back to square one!! I wanted to say thank you all though for your kind words of support :hugs: I really do appreciate them.

Can't wait for Christmas to come now, I find the build up SO stressful & I have a load of cooking, baking & cleaning to do. DH had been well warned that he will be extremely busy from Friday onward. Plus we need to wrap the kids presents on Christmas Eve - which we normally avoid!

Well I think that's all for me, hoping to drop in to say hey before Christmas, but if I don't, I hope Santa is good to all you ladies & you have a lovely day.

Oh, the reason I was posting - going on friday to arrange for the delivery of our travel system/mobile/blankets/changing mat, etc. for Jan. Eeeeeeek!

well ive just had my appt and once again im left furious !
the ob at the hospital has said that my c-section will be on the 23rd of feb whether i like it or not because he likes that date better than the 16th . fantastic reason isnt it ? very professional ? he even abused the hell out of my dr because she was challenging his professionalism. shes appalled and is urging me to put in a very formal complaint, as will she. so my c-section will be at 40 weeks and 2 days gestations 'whether we like it or not".
here are my stats:
BP- 125/90
HR- 149
FUNDUS- 34cm
and shes head down
oh and i have a UTI , which i knew anyway because it hurts to pee

sorry about the UTI love :hugs: those are no fun, just got over one a couple weeks ago and def not a good time :nope:

ugh! i would be beyond pissed with that doc! that is such a terrible reason!!!!
I know you had thoughts of a VBAC...maybe you'll get it at his pace! i just cant believe "professionals" act that way!!!! im sorry girl :hugs: hopefully you'll go into labor before that and you wont have to deal with his sorry ass excuses :hugs:

other than that, sounds like you had a good appt! and yay for head down baby! :dance:

i discussed the option of a VBAC and they will not allow it .due to my scar and the risk i pose, they dont want me to attempt a vbac
im really disgusted at this dr, i dont even know how to explain it

:hugs: im sorry hun...i can't believe you have to deal with such a dusch bag.

well ive just had my appt and once again im left furious !
the ob at the hospital has said that my c-section will be on the 23rd of feb whether i like it or not because he likes that date better than the 16th . fantastic reason isnt it ? very professional ? he even abused the hell out of my dr because she was challenging his professionalism. shes appalled and is urging me to put in a very formal complaint, as will she. so my c-section will be at 40 weeks and 2 days gestations 'whether we like it or not".
here are my stats:
BP- 125/90
HR- 149
FUNDUS- 34cm
and shes head down
oh and i have a UTI , which i knew anyway because it hurts to pee

Hope your UTI clears up soon :hugs: Thats probably what those pains were

Why do you not want your csection on 23/02? :shrug: Sorry cant remember the full story :coffee:

Kelly- was just curious since you have more than one baby (or so i thought)...did you go overdue with any of them? if so how far over with each?

i will be 40 weeks 2 days pregnant. so overdue. i live on an island, there are no ferrys in the middle of the night after 9pm and before 6pm so if i go into labour naturally im screwed.

She would be overdue

Kelly- was just curious since you have more than one baby (or so i thought)...did you go overdue with any of them? if so how far over with each?

1st was 10 days over ~ 11hour labour ~ Then emergency csection

2nd was born on due date ~ Was labour ~ Then csection due to size

3rd was born at 39 weeks ~ Planned csection, so no labour

4th.......:shrug: I have just started a thread asking if anyone would wait for their due date to have 4th csection, I dont want to have LO early this time :baby:

i will be 40 weeks 2 days pregnant. so overdue. i live on an island, there are no ferrys in the middle of the night after 9pm and before 6pm so if i go into labour naturally im screwed.

I would ask to be refered to a different consultant....:growlmad: This seems utter madness to me

Surely the last thing they want is for you to labour, thus turning a planned csection into an emergency csection, they would also have to foot the bill for an ambulance/boat/helicopter? :dohh:

okay thanks!
I just posted a thread in L&D and i was hoping to hear experiences, but no luck...i went 41+5 with DS, so i was just hoping to see if my luck could change this time....FAT change :wacko:

tiger, i still am pissed for you ...i mean, if you are such a great threat for a VBAC then why are they risking it???

my thoughts exactly guppy-
they wont let me attempt a vbac, yet they are putting me at a huge risk for one by doing my c-section when im overdue.
kelly- i have seriously tried all i can think of to get another ob/consultant but noone seems to really want to listen to why.
i dont know what else i can do, and im so worried. it will be the middle of cyclone and storm season so if there is a storm or something, getting a helicopter to the island could be madness. im so worried

my thoughts exactly guppy-
they wont let me attempt a vbac, yet they are putting me at a huge risk for one by doing my c-section when im overdue.
kelly- i have seriously tried all i can think of to get another ob/consultant but noone seems to really want to listen to why.
i dont know what else i can do, and im so worried. it will be the middle of cyclone and storm season so if there is a storm or something, getting a helicopter to the island could be madness. im so worried

Try to go back to your Doctor (she is the one supporting you right? :shrug:) Get her to write to the consultant & insist....:thumbup:

:( ugh...i really do feel so bad for you :hugs: i really wish someone would slap that consultant upside the head!

shes written to him like 4 times, and called.
ive just gotten off the phone to queensland health (state health) and im waiting for a call back from the head of obsterics there. so hopefully im getting somewhere ! will let you guys know

shes written to him like 4 times, and called.
ive just gotten off the phone to queensland health (state health) and im waiting for a call back from the head of obsterics there. so hopefully im getting somewhere ! will let you guys know

Fingers crossed for you :flower:

Sounds like you may get somewhere with them :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"