February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

So I forget, I apologize - you're planning a waterbirth right Guppy? I know you're shooting for a home birth but I thought you also had a birthing pool and stuff. My memory is well, fail lately haha.

Yep :) I had a hospital waterbirth with DS.
This time im having a home waterbirth :flower:
I didn't end up purchasing the pool, bc the MWs have one. I do have to purchase a liner for it though.

awww your nursery is lovely.

Well today i actually met my new consultant instead of his registra. He is LOVELY- and he has agreed that they wont induce me on my angels birthday :D it will be a few days later thank god.

I have a question though.

Last week my mw said my water levels where high, basically on my scan there was roughly 19.5 cm of fluid but today at this scan there is only 10 cms of water, so what i am asking is ' is this normal for you to loose all that fluid in 2 weeks?'

i was also told im having a little fatty - considering he has been measuring small for the last 3 scans he has made up for it now and his head is measuring at 33 +5 days, his body is measuring at 32+ 1 day but his little legs are only measuring at just 29 weeks.

i am so excited now though as i have 2 more scans and on 2 more visits with my consultant and then the little man will be here :D x

Well today i actually met my new consultant instead of his registra. He is LOVELY- and he has agreed that they wont induce me on my angels birthday :D it will be a few days later thank god.

Last week my mw said my water levels where high, basically on my scan there was roughly 19.5 cm of fluid but today at this scan there is only 10 cms of water, so what i am asking is ' is this normal for you to loose all that fluid in 2 weeks?'

i was also told im having a little fatty - considering he has been measuring small for the last 3 scans he has made up for it now and his head is measuring at 33 +5 days, his body is measuring at 32+ 1 day but his little legs are only measuring at just 29 weeks.

i am so excited now though as i have 2 more scans and on 2 more visits with my consultant and then the little man will be here :D x

I wouldn't worry about the body sizes. Especially with the legs because its so hard to measure those since usually they are bent...ultrasound is far from flawless. :thumbup:

as for the fluid, that sounds typical to me. The amniotic fluid is constantly changing. In fact it "refills" about 8-9x per day and its also HIGHLY dependent on how much you have drinking and when you drank something last in relevance to the scan. If you were at the end of the last "refill" of fluid (but not to the beginning of the next one), then it would be measured less. If you were at the very beginning of the fluid refill, then the scan would obviously say you have more....this is why the whole induction thing for "low amniotic fluid" isn't good and is highly inaccurate.) Not to mention, around 28 weeks there is a GREAT blood and fluid surge, and that would have been around that time, so it could have to do with that too and now its leveling out.

Im no doctor but based on my child birth education i would say its all normal and nothing to be concerned about :D

Oh and im so glad that they moved your induction date. That really must relieve you :hugs:

i totally would if it werent for the big belly getting in the way!!! LOL!!! luckily I got the painting done over the summer! But seriously, we should totally set up a playdate someday Guppy... we're only like an hour away i think!!! :)

OMG! thats right! haha, for some reason i totally forgot about that! :dohh:
Yes we shall do playdates!!!!
And Zombie Kitten is only in Manchester so she could join too :D

I actually help run the "Tiny Tots of the Seacoast" play group. You are more than welcome to come up! We visit lots of different places. We go to Stratham, Portsmouth, Dover, Somersworth...we could def do Mass :D
...do i have you one my FB? i wasn't sure....there is an FB page for it :)

I wouldn't worry about the body sizes. Especially with the legs because its so hard to measure those since usually they are bent...ultrasound is far from flawless. :thumbup:

as for the fluid, that sounds typical to me. The amniotic fluid is constantly changing. In fact it "refills" about 8-9x per day and its also HIGHLY dependent on how much you have drinking and when you drank something last in relevance to the scan. If you were at the end of the last "refill" of fluid (but not to the beginning of the next one), then it would be measured less. If you were at the very beginning of the fluid refill, then the scan would obviously say you have more....this is why the whole induction thing for "low amniotic fluid" isn't good and is highly inaccurate.) Not to mention, around 28 weeks there is a GREAT blood and fluid surge, and that would have been around that time, so it could have to do with that too and now its leveling out.

Im no doctor but based on my child birth education i would say its all normal and nothing to be concerned about :D

Oh and im so glad that they moved your induction date. That really must relieve you :hugs:

Thank you for that, i didnt want to ask the scan lady because she was a bit dippy bless her, and kept saying should would rather be in the pub celebrating christmas :shrug:

i am over the moon, he has also said that my induction day will be around his work pattern so he can be there to deliver my little man. which i found reassuring x

Thank you for that, i didnt want to ask the scan lady because she was a bit dippy bless her, and kept saying should would rather be in the pub celebrating christmas :shrug:

:shock: i can't believe the tech would act like that! Wow! Some ppl can be so unprofessional!

:shock: i can't believe the tech would act like that! Wow! Some ppl can be so unprofessional!

I didn't really react to much she said due to the fact i had a vibe off her and didnt like her, my hubby also didnt talk to her because he thought she was rude.

i dont normally get her, but the lady who usual scans me has gone on leave so i just lay there and let her get on with it

yeah...i had an experience like that once...takes all the excitement out of it....but hopefully you wont have to deal with this twat too much more.

OMG! thats right! haha, for some reason i totally forgot about that! :dohh:
Yes we shall do playdates!!!!
And Zombie Kitten is only in Manchester so she could join too :D

I actually help run the "Tiny Tots of the Seacoast" play group. You are more than welcome to come up! We visit lots of different places. We go to Stratham, Portsmouth, Dover, Somersworth...we could def do Mass :D
...do i have you one my FB? i wasn't sure....there is an FB page for it :)

Awesome!!! No i dont have you on Facebook... can you send me a PM with your real name so i can friend you?

That's awesome Guppy! And great that they can provide one for you! How convenient. :) I can't wait to hear everyone's birth stories!!!

So glad things went well Hayleigh. :) and I'm glad they won't induce on your angels birthday. :hugs:

Hello ladies.

Imagine my surprise today when after taking a new bump pic, I happened to look at last weeks and my baby appears to have dropped!

So, this has spurred a third tri thread with those two pics, but I thought i'd be a total bore and share my bump progression pics with you guys if that's ok. You can also see if you agree about the 'dropping' if you want, I thought it was a bit early for a third? Pics are 15, 21, 31 & 32 weeks.

Please excuse the random cat in the background in one of the pics, also, I do have more than one duvet cover :blush:

Attachments

• 15Weeks.jpg
    15Weeks.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 21Weeks.jpg
    21Weeks.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 31Weeks.jpg
    31Weeks.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 1
  • 32Weeks.jpg
    32Weeks.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 2
yeah it is nice that they have it bc i priced them and the one they have is like $800 :shock:

I love checking out the birth story section on here :cloud9:
my birth story w DS is in my siggy :thumbup:

Great pics! Looks like your LO dropped a bit! Mine did recently too - what a bizarre shift for a FTM XD I wasn't sure what to expect but now I do!!

Same here Guppy! I stalk the threads looking for positive and upbeat ones. I really liked yours - I may have stalked you awhile ago........ :haha: I would like to try a waterbirth down the road perhaps. Hubby is skeptical but uneducated on such. I will give him a break this time around since he's already scared to death lol!

haha you are strong women! DH and i have such a great relationship and usually there is give and take and compromise...but for me, i refuse to compromise my birth...so...haha. strong woman! i could never put that up for someone else lol

i honestly dont know how ppl go unmedicated without water!
Water is natures epidural!

SUZZLE, great bump! i would say there might be a slight drop there :D

haha you are strong women! DH and i have such a great relationship and usually there is give and take and compromise...but for me, i refuse to compromise my birth...so...haha. strong woman! i could never put that up for someone else lol

i honestly dont know how ppl go unmedicated without water!
Water is natures epidural!

SUZZLE, great bump! i would say there might be a slight drop there :D

I agree with you Guppy, DH has let me have the final say on how our LO will arrive. Obviously I include him in the decision making process and he knows my history, the risks and our options. He always backs up what I want to do though, so I am lucky :)

Unfortunately my Midwide Led Unit wont take me on because of the 'risks' I pose. I was so upset because I really wanted a waterbirth :cry: My consultant said I could request a home birth & he would intervene & get the MLU to take me on as a safer alternative, but also said that he would rather I was continually monitored during labour, which they dont do in the pool, so I wasn't going to be stupid about it. I think it would be an amazing experience though so good for you :thumbup:

What are you doing then Swan? Just taking it as it goes?

Haha, sometimes it's difficult Guppy, I won't deny that at all. But he's been great with most things so far, and is doing great when we practice coaching, so I'm trying to be as flexible as possible, since I'm exceptionally grateful he's supportive. :thumbup: Too many women don't have supportive OHs behind them, and it breaks my heart for their sakes.

Plus, I will admit, I had a completely different perspective pre-pregnancy. I honestly wanted to be induced ASAP, wanted to do an elective C-section, wanted as many drugs as they could put into my system, etc. Once I began educating myself and everything, so many of my thoughts have changed, and though I try not to judge people whose opinions differ from mine, I am stunned how much my own have changed, if that makes sense! LOL. So when we started this journey, an unmedicated birth of any form, let along a water birth, was never an 'option' in my brain. Therefore I'm taking baby steps in dragging him through this with me, since he's a little worried that I'll be crushed if I can't handle a non-medicated birth (and he knows how hard I am on myself).

He's a wonderful guy, just a little concerned about how I'll take everything - and hoping he doesn't pass out too. :rofl: That and my opinions changed a bit too late for me to make any drastic changes at this point - I'm so comfortable with my doctors and hospital, if that makes sense? I think I'd be in a panic if I suddenly changed my mind today and said, "new doctors, new place, waterbirth, etc." Who knows, maybe I wouldn't but I feel like a huge shift in plans may throw my brain for a loop - I'm already still (occasionally) shocked how much I've changed my mind so far. But I have you, and other ladies here and elsewhere, to thank for opening my eyes.

I don't say it enough, but I'm so grateful for this group, in so many ways. :hugs:

Okay, sappy moment over! ;) :rofl:

This is a flashback of pregnancy - 8 weeks, 14 weeks, 20 weeks, 25 weeks, 30 weeks and 32 weeks. ;D Snapshots from our photo project thus far!

https://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b209/starsinadarksky/604945.gif

Let's see more bump or progress photos! :happydance: I love seeing everyone's beautiful bumps!

Aww :cry: that is so sweet! :sad2:
Well we love you! :friends: and so glad to have you apart of this group!

love your gorgeous bump progression!!!

...how did you get it to scroll through like that? love it!

oh and i just realized you were holding the fruit for each stage-clever girl!

Suzzle - well, as I said in the above, when I was first pregnant I "knew what I wanted" and that was that. And he was like, Erm... okay. xDD

Day by day, I began changing my mind. And like I said, I've changed it drastically. If I could do it all over again, I'd be going to a birth center and stuff - but with the holidays and everything, I don't feel I could make the change now without going mad, if that makes sense?

SO my plan is an unmedicated birth in the hospital I've chosen, with my doctors as planned. Er, semi-planned. :haha: I do truly love my doctors, and I do love the hospital I've chosen, even if (as far as I've read anyway) a waterbirth would never be possible there. My friend has delivered 2 of her 3 babies there, unmedicated, and plans to with her fourth as well, and she has nothing but praise to give to them there, so I'm content for now. The next time around, I will be researching my other options, without doubt.

I entered pregnancy with the mindset that I was ready. And to be a mother, yes, I was ready. But to plan a pregnancy and childbirth, I was not - I was uneducated and disillusioned. I've had multiple people criticize my recent plans, and have had people (mostly MEN believe it or not) tell me I should just schedule a section because I'll be "happier" in the end if I do.

Bull.

So I'm planning out natural ways to face labor, am reading a lot and keep asking people like Guppy (poor darling that she is, always so patient! lol) and yourself a billion questions about childbirth, and I see where things go. I'm confident and feel at peace with my decision this time around; and hopefully I will be blessed enough to go about it in a more sensible manner from the beginning next time around... so long as I'm blessed enough to have a second child. :)

Such a lovely mindset swan! I love it and you should be proud of it!
I am glad you are confident and happy in everything about the birth because thats what matters! :D
& no worries, i love answering questions :smug: haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->