February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Wow, I'm 35 weeks today! I could have this baby and be considered full-term in two weeks!

It would be nice to have the baby a little earlier than last time(42 + 2!) so anytime after 37 weeks is good. I am enjoying spending time with La though.

I was supposed to hear from the midwives on Wednesday to arrange the home visit to confirm my homebirth and got no call or anything. I don't know what number to call to try to arrange it and the midwives aren't based at the surgery for most of the week so wish me luck trying to get somewhere later on! I'm not seeing the midwife again until Jan 3rd when I'll be 36 + 4 which is cutting it a bit fine to get someone to visit.

I am also puzzled, I guess every area does things differently, but everything UK based I have read about home births has said that the midwives drop off equipment at about 37 weeks and leave it at your house. Last time I had a home birth planned and they delivered nothing... Either they just expected me to not go through with it (and I was induced in the end) or they just bring it all when they turn up?

I am envisaging battles at every turn because they are so short staffed round here and our local maternity unit at the hospital (I can see it from my house) is number one in the country for closing because it's full... It closes on average twice a week and not always because it's actually full but because there aren't enough staff. Obviously with budget cuts they will be extremely reluctant to send out two midwives just for me when those two midwives could be covering upwards of 12 women on the ward, and they won't want to be paying agency midwives to cover them. So I am prepared to fight my corner. I am very lucky in that my sister is a trained nurse and used to work as a midwife's assistant so if she can get to me (she lives 1.5 hrs away) at least I won't be totally without medical attention if they are awkward about coming out. She has the 18th to 30th Jan off of work so if I give birth in that window it'd be handy!!

can't believe how close we are to term:happydance:

round here you get home visit at 34 weeks (mine was at 33+6) then couriers drop of the entonox at 37 weeks, the midwives bring everything else with them, our dedicated homebirth team was disbanded 3 weeks ago :nope: which is rubbish timing. So now we will get whoever is on call, they could be trvelling from anywhere in the county which at rush hour can be 1 1/2 hours away or more. luckily our hypnobirth practitioner is also a student midwife and lives 2 miles away, now OH has a job we can afford her as a doula. Our labour ward has closed a few times recently, not impressed at all with that, but it's good news about your sister.

bought our birthpool in a box now, was it you asking about them earlier? havn't tried inflating it yet though, need to wait for the tree to come down!

Congrats to Tobaira. Hope everyone is hail and healthy.

Had OB appointment on Thursday and everything is going well though doc has some issues as to if I can have Charlie naturally or not. As I have a small internal opening to my pelvis and DS1 didn't fit through at 6lb 6oz and Charlie is set to be bigger it is not looking hopeful. Doc wants to book me for a c-section on the 23rd Jan if she hasn't come naturally by then so it may be sooner than I thought.

Still hoping to go into labor before than.

Hey ladies, I figured I would stop in and ask if anyone else has seen this "Birth Plan Checklist" on TheBump.com
https://images.thebump.com/tools/pdfs/birth_plan.pdf
Figured I would share it so that everyone can look at it to get an idea for their birth plans.

I have still been having a little bit of fluid, but not as much today. But if it gets any worse, or I have any extra pains I am going to call the drs and go up to get checked. :)

I have still been having a little bit of fluid, but not as much today. But if it gets any worse, or I have any extra pains I am going to call the drs and go up to get checked. :)

Hope all goods well.

Good luck.

I got through to the midwives and they said they'd get he woman I'd spoken to to call. Which she did, two minutes later while I was on the loo. So I missed her call, she left a voicemail promising to call back but didn't, and ignored my calls. Great.

Finally caught up with all the posts!! We're getting so close :)

Maybe TMI, but is anyone planning on perineal massage? Do you think it's worth it?

My left hip appears to have given up on me, it can be so painful when I'm walking. I walk to and from work everyday, it's a 30 minute walk. I can't decide whether it's doing me good or harm, because everyone says exercise is really good at this stage to keep baby's head engaged etc, but is pain worth it?! Who knows.

Have an amazing Christmas everyone xx

Maybe TMI, but is anyone planning on perineal massage? Do you think it's worth it?

Not at all! Im DEF requesting this! I may even start the massage daily around 34 weeks.

I did it a few times with DS. And then i had the doc do it while i was pushing. Despite the fact that i pushed for 6 hours (& NO assistance), and the fact that he was sunnyside up (usually there are bad tears associated with that or they assist so you tear from that), i didn't even have a 1st degree tear! I had a periurtheral graze, wasn't even considered a tear, and that was it. So im doing it again and i dont think its gross at all :D

*hopefully* I plan on it!! due to the cervical cerclage, DH and I have been forbidden to :sex: since I was 14 weeks. I'm not allowed to have anything of any sort down there (it's to prevent risk of infection and weakening the stitch.) I'm not even allowed to take baths :(!!! so i've been having this crazy fear that I'm going to rip terribly. In 4 more weeks when they take the stitch out I'll be asking them if it's okay to start perineal massage and I'm really hoping they say yes. It'll ease my mind up a bit.

A diet high in meat protein, good fats, and Vit C help to create elasticity, which is why women on these diets dont tear as often as say a vegetarian :thumbup: so your diet can help improve the risk as well :D

A diet high in meat protein, good fats, and Vit C help to create elasticity, which is why women on these diets dont tear as often as say a vegetarian :thumbup: so your diet can help improve the risk as well :D

this i did not know!!! now i dont feel so helpless!! i can at least do SOMETHING haha. your a the best Guppy :hugs:

if i can locate the article, i'll post it :thumbup: ...can't remember which birth world community i saw that in :dohh:

https://birthfaith.org/nutrition/protecting-your-perineum-from-the-inside-out

I've officially got my first stretch mark for this pregnancy.:growlmad:

Merry christmas to all you lovely ladies hope you have a great day xxx

I tried it a bit last time but couldn't really be bothered! I was told that it's not worth doing for second timers, by my hypnoborth coach and also by the midwives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->