February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Thats true...i may not do anything simply because i already got through a vaginal birth without tears, so it probably wouldn't happy again...i may have the MW do perineal massage, but thinking about it again, i dont think i'll do anything prior to that.

https://i373.photobucket.com/albums/oo179/dustyrose53/BlinkieMerryChristmas.gif​

Maybe TMI, but is anyone planning on perineal massage? Do you think it's worth it?

I was just reading about this today.... i had never heard of it before... But i think i am gonna try it, im sure it wouldnt hurt.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:xmas8::xmas16::xmas14::xmas12::xmas3::xmas6:

Ladies, I have been useless and not caught up. I trust you are all well, and if you need them: :hugs:

We had a scan on Thursday and found out baby is a BOY! :shock: :dance:

Hope you all had/have a wonderful festive season and I promise I shall resume normal service of the OP soon! :haha:

Merry christmas lovely ladies :xmas3: :xmas8:

Maybe TMI, but is anyone planning on perineal massage? Do you think it's worth it?

Not at all! Im DEF requesting this! I may even start the massage daily around 34 weeks.

Yes started at 32 weeks been told to do up to 5 mins daily, it's deff making a difference already even though doing it nowhere near as much as that

off to bed now, doing nothing and eating lots is so tiring!! also getting plenty of BH so hopefully going to bed will stop that. :xmas15:

Merry Christmas to all of my lovely ladies!! :) I hope everyone has had a safe and happy Christmas! :hugs:

I'm a bit late (as ever) but re: perineal massage.... I have previously had an episiotomy so was wondering if there is much point?

Also, hope you girls had a lovely Christmas :D
I was miserable all day because the new shoes I bought with a teeny kitten heel wouldn't fit :( All of a sudden my feet had ballooned yesterday morning & today my hands are getting puffier too. So vain, but I just wanted to look nice for various family do's yesterday/today.

My eldest was up puking from 5am to 8:30am today - so I was very glad I didn't have a hangover. Poor wee soul :(

Forgot to say earlier, welcome to team :blue: tiggertea :D

Congrats Tiggertea and I'm glad you were finally able to find out!! :dance:

Merry (belated) Christmas to you all - hope everyone had a great holiday. We were away and now I have to unpack and stuff, but we finally finished the nursery!!!!! :D Photos to come soon. :happydance: I'm so happy it's not even funny.

Cant wait to see your nursery!
Isaiah is asleep so dh and i are gonna work on getting Elliots nursery in order. I want to find some cute shelves and wall art though....looks boring to me compared to Zs room lol

Well DH and i moved the twin bed/box springs/rails out of Ellitos Room. Moved the furniture around too. Tomorrow we are moving the rocking chair out of Isaiah's room up to Elliots room (we def DO NOT use it with Z lol...way too wiggly and i think after a few months he didn't care to be rocked). We also opened up lots of boxes of his old clothes and started hanging everything according to age/size....still have a few piles up there and a box or two to go through, but thats okay because we dont need to spend any money, so thats nice! Although some of the clothes are out of season. Like almost all the summer stuff wont get any use, but oh well. At least we can use Isaiah's stuff on Elliot...which is practically brand new because babys grow so fast! A lot of those clothing Isaiah only worn once or twice.

Okay, so here are the photos of the nursery! :D

I still have tons of organizing to do, and the doors need to be hung for both the closet and the entryway, but we’ll do that this weekend. (they’re in the process of being painted by my FIL this week) The shelf was staged by my MIL just for photo’s sake, because in the midst of putting up the final touches, I ended up stepping on a piece of glass (hubby had broken a candle and the vacuum had missed a piece) and it was embedded in my foot, so he had to do ‘surgery’ to pull it out – ick! So she put what she felt was important up on the shelf, but I’m planning to rearrange it to my liking as time permits. :)

Still have some other touches to add to things, but this is the general idea. I’m so happy to finally have things organized!

The painting on the wall is from his aunt, she painted it for us for Christmas. :)

And the TV is only temporary – it’ll be there for my mom for when she stays post-baby, that way she can have a place to retreat when she feels she needs space (as baby will be sleeping in a bassinet in our bedroom during that time) or seclusion. I know the last thing I need is to watch TV while I’m nursing because although my MIL insists I’ll want it when the time comes, I know how I am – I’ll start an episode of some show, she’ll fall asleep, I’ll insist on staying up to see the end and never sleep… EVER. LOL. So, TV will return to the basement once grandma-duty ends. :)

(oh yeah, and the bumpers aren’t permanent either – I want to try and figure out how to attach them at the top, maybe, or something less risky for smothering or whatever. but again, staging for the photo, so she threw those in there for the moment.)

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 4
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 3
  • photo3.jpg
    photo3.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 3
  • photo4.jpg
    photo4.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 3
  • photo5.jpg
    photo5.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 3
Awwww, it's so pretty!!! I love the color scheme!!

I have to agree with you about the TV-- I used to stay awake sitting up, holding DS while he slept because I was happy watching something... then later I would regret it.

So just today, I've been lightheaded and I have a headache. It's not a terrible headache, but it started after I got up once and thought I was going to pass out and had to put my head between my legs. And after that, my ear was ringing, too...
What do you all think?
(I know you're going to say call the dr... but I am SO not one to call my dr... I don't want to seem like a wuss... :blush:)

Ok since I have not read a post since Dec 20th!!! Yikes I am so behind. I hope you all had a Merry Christmas or Happy Hanukah! I hope everyone is feeling well and babies are growing strong. Its moving so fast for us all know they will be here very soon. I have 3 baby showers in January to keep me busy (mine, my friends, and a girl from church) all in a row. I have to say I am excited and a little nervous since I have done it before. Ok I am going to try to read back a little but I feel like I won't be able to comment on everything so to risk hurting anyones feeling I will only comment on this day forward. lol and try super hard to go on every day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->