February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

yup , there is a set of twins! :baby::baby:

Hope the swelling on your feet go down swan :hugs:

Same thing happened again this morning. Got very lightheaded and had to bend over. Wasn't quite as bad, though.
And it didn't happen again yesterday after the first time.
So apparently it's something that gets better after I've been up for awhile... Idk...

There is such a thing called Syncope (sp?). Two of my sisters get it every time they are pregnant. They get rea light headed, and sometimes faint. Apparently their BP drops significantly, quickly and thats what causes it.

of course, sudden movements can throw any pregnant woman like that.

Sorry I'm moaning...
I'm getting quite frustrated with my maternity care. Every bloody appointment I find out something has been done wrong. 2 apps. ago MW refused to take my blood because my veins are so hard to get to. So I went to the hospital and had them done there. The woman used the wrong tubes, so the lab chucked out the blood. My last app. with the MW I did everything she suggested to make it easier for her to take my blood and she managed (even though it took about 5Xs longer than it did at the hospital because my blood was flowing so slow) I asked her to double check everything was right and she said it was all ok.
At todays app I found out she wrote my DOB wrong so the lab had to chuck my blood AGAIN. This is blood for antibodies which could potentially put my babys life in danger.

And I think the MW today (wasn't my usual MW) measured me wrong..she measured right down to my..you know what..instead of measuring just to the top of my pubic bone.

I got some RLT today. I know I'm quite late to start..but better late than never?? I hope so because it wasn't cheap! The amount of tablets I take at the minute is crazy. My RLT is capsules..I'm taking 4 a day for a few days then going to up it to 6 a day until 38 weeks. I'm taking 3 EPO's a day. Plan to increase that to 4 a day on monday. then at 37 weeks I'll start taking 4 a day orally and 1 vaginally. 1*magnesium 1*iron 1* vit c. so at 37 weeks I'll be taking 13 tablets orally + 1 vaginally.
Plus I'm thinking of taking an extra iron tablet because my iron level has dropped again.

Hope all you ladies had a lovely xmas!! x

Thanks Guppy! :hugs: it's just annoying but what are ya gonna do? Haha.

I'm sorry you are still feeling off amaryllis. :| no fun!

amandad-- sorry things seem to be getting messed up all the time lately... :grr:
As for the measuring, I've heard everyone does it differently so you really can't compare measurements unless they've been done by the same person... which makes the measurement quite useless IMO, but maybe that's the way this mw always does it, so if she did your measurement next time, the comparison would be useful but if you're back to your regular person next time, this last one should be thrown out.

I think if the lightheadedness continues, I'll ask my doc next week.

Oh, and a weird question-- are midwives always women or can there be male midwives? And are they called midhusbands?

There was a male midwife on one born every minute. He referred to himself as a midwife..so I suppose that's his job title. Pretty sure he said patients confuse him for a doctor all the time.

I wouldn't mind having a male MW, but prefer female.

Swan- I have been waiting for the swelling to happen like w my last pg. I was hoping it was not going to being it's winter oh man I guess it could just happen later. I hope you go for lots of pedicures!!!
amandad- I didn't even get measured last time I was in, I did get an US though so maybe that's better idk
Amaryllis- I hope it stops soon. Being lightheaded or dizzy is the worse feeling.

I keep having panic moments about giving birth again :( I know she has to come out and I am excited but now I'm getting scared. ugh the joys and pains.

Random but I also started thinking about the things you have to teach a girl in life. I keep hearing my husband tell my son to put his penis on the side so it doesn't hurt when he sits ect. and I started thinking I'm going to have to take her bra shopping tell her about her period. oh man!

Hi ladies, well it has been far too long since I have been on here but seems I have been far too busy.

Hope everyone has had a fab xmas. I got totally spoilt this year! I got an eternity ring (diamond and blue topaz set in 18 carat gold) its gorgeous!! also a set of diamond/gold earrings and some fab new boots from my wonderful hubby, and my mum and dad bought me a slimline LED tv for my bedroom with media player etc so I can watch all my movies on usb on it!!

I am doing well so far, although absoloutely huge and everyone keeps commenting on how massive I am - wouldnt know I still had 9 weeks left!

how is everyone else doing? I have been keeping up with our facebook group via my phone so know we have had some twins!! congrats!!

although I do feel a little lost as I havent caught up with anyone elses posts on here but its been over a month so dont think I wil have the time to catch up that many - so I apologise if there is some ignorance of not knowing whats going on with you guys!

:)

Hehe I think there's less to tell boys, too... teach them to pee standing up and that's pretty much it. Girls have so much more to deal with... One reason I want another boy. :)

Hehe I think there's less to tell boys, too... teach them to pee standing up and that's pretty much it. Girls have so much more to deal with... One reason I want another boy. :)

I know what you mean! I am on boy number 3 and after going through the teenage years with 2 stepdaughters I am happy its another boy!

:hi: always forget bout this thread :? hope everyone had a grt xmas :dance: now were just waiting for our babies :dance:

is anyone eles totally ready (stuff wise ? ) i am ,cnt think of anything eles i need now :thumbup:

:hi: always forget bout this thread :? hope everyone had a grt xmas :dance: now were just waiting for our babies :dance:

is anyone eles totally ready (stuff wise ? ) i am ,cnt think of anything eles i need now :thumbup:

I wish!!
The list of what I still need is overwhelming. I mean, most of it is little stuff, and if for whatever reason baby came today, we'd get by...
But still. I have a list a mile long...

Good for you, being all ready!! I'm jealous. :)

Almost 40 degrees here today!....Being pregnant in this heat is not good at all :nope:

I have all the hospital clothing/newborn stuff I need from last time but it's still in the loft (somewhere) in a box. :dohh: Hubby is under instruction to find it all for me when he puts the Xmas decs up there again at the start of Jan! :haha:

:hugs: Kelly. It would be hard enough getting used to that heat in December at the best of times, never mind with a bump!

Holy moly! Bing tells me that's 104 degrees F!! I hope you adjust okay. I know how hot I've been here and it's only 40 F. :)

We are pretty much done with all the big stuff we need, but we are now onto the little things. And there are so many! I think come January, we'll go on a major shopping trip to get all the remaining items on our list. I'm starting to get antsy to get my hospital bag together as well. I can't believe February will be here so quickly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->