February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Hi ladies,

lovely bumps ladies - will have to get one of mine up soon.

Congrats on last day June bugs! ITS MY LAST DAY TOMORROW!!! eeeaakkksss!!!

so excited to be a SAHM, spending my time with my kiddies is going to be great!

had my m/w appointment this morning, I was very pleased - Iron count came back at 13.9 which she said is very good! Baby is not looking like he is oversized like previous monkeys so she believes there shouldnt be a problem with my homebirth plans!!

made an appointment for 36 weeks for my final checks to make sure all definately ok for homebirth but she says she is optermistic!

all is looking good!!

:hi: always forget bout this thread :? hope everyone had a grt xmas :dance: now were just waiting for our babies :dance:

is anyone eles totally ready (stuff wise ? ) i am ,cnt think of anything eles i need now :thumbup:

I think so... At least stuff we NEED. There are a couple of things I WANT, but I'm not going to worry about them this time (I got myself into a panic with DD).

I just have stuff for labour/postpartum for myself to get I believe... Still haven't received my birth pool and supplies that I ordered, which isn't particularly surprising, but I'm impatient. ;)

BTW, TMI but I think I am getting sciatic pain when I need to poo :blush: My left leg goes numb and sore (kind of like when your foot goes to sleep and you try to stand on it..) it's HORRIBLE!! Anyone else had something like that? I think baby is sat really low, so everything is just getting squashed together... It's really an awful feeling though!! Yuck! :dohh:

I have a bunch of information to print out (mostly for DH) for labour/postpartum etc including a recipe for 'labourade'.. Figured I'd copy and paste here (the basic recipe) as it could be useful for most of us :)

When I first heard of Labour-ade I wasn't sure what the effectiveness it would have on a labouring mother (and fatigued father). I took it on faith to a few births and I am completely amazed at the rejuvenating effects it has! The electrolyte balance combined with natural energy (honey), natural fluids (lemon and water) and calcium and magnesium which are essential in effective muscle contraction is an excellent, natural way to boost energy levels!
Labourade

In blender mix 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
1/3 cup honey (to taste)
1/4 tsp salt
2 calcium/magnesium tablets, crushed
Water to make 4 cups

Mix well and drink or freeze (to suck as an iceblock).

I'm planning on making a few different ice lollies/popsicles and this is probably going to be one of the things I'll do that with... My mouth got really dry towards the end of labour and when I transferred to hospital I was severely dehydrated, so I figure this is going to be a good way to keep fluids up for one and a way to get an extra boost of energy!! :)

-hooks up a fan and places it in front of Kelly- I’ll mail you some of our cold weather in exchange for some of your warmth? Maybe balance it out a bit on both ends? ;)

Thanks for the fan :thumbup: Would love to swap a little of this heat for a little of your cold....If only! :winkwink:

Thanks Ladies for all the congratz! They actually did get me a cake and pizza, and my boss did a little speech and everything.. i was in shock, i had never seen him do that before! it was really nice!

Trying to choose a washing machine to buy!! Its driving me crazy

Think ive decided on a Samsung eco bubble...But now, what size???

Got my birth supplies! Woohoo!

:dance: yay! Mine should be here in the next couple of days. Cant wait! lol

Had my 32 week appt today...things are perfect and baby is head down (which i think he has been for a long time now). Just not sure about face up or face down...apparently he's too little right now? :shrug:

Scheduled my 34 week appt. At 36 weeks the MWs will be coming to my house to see the setup and figure out where the pool can go.Then after that its weekly visits! :shock:

Ugh. Ladies, I am so discouraged.
I got my travel system from amazon awhile ago, but I finally wanted to open it all up. So I open the carseat, and I put the carseat into the base, and it wiggles!! It doesn't seem secure AT ALL. I checked it over again and again, read the instructions to see if there was something I was missing... I got online and googled to see if there was some sort of defect or recall or if other people had voiced the same complaint-- nothing.
So then I went to the company website and I am watching the installation videos, and it looks like this is normal for this seat?
Here's the video:
https://www.showuhow.com/Default.aspx?TabId=2571
Around 2:00 you see her put the seat into the base and you can see how much it still comes up out of the base.
Is this normal? Am I just freaking out over nothing?
It's been 3 yrs since DS was in a seat like this, but I don't remember having this much wiggling...

Ugh. Ladies, I am so discouraged.
I got my travel system from amazon awhile ago, but I finally wanted to open it all up. So I open the carseat, and I put the carseat into the base, and it wiggles!! It doesn't seem secure AT ALL. I checked it over again and again, read the instructions to see if there was something I was missing... I got online and googled to see if there was some sort of defect or recall or if other people had voiced the same complaint-- nothing.
So then I went to the company website and I am watching the installation videos, and it looks like this is normal for this seat?
Here's the video:
https://www.showuhow.com/Default.aspx?TabId=2571
Around 2:00 you see her put the seat into the base and you can see how much it still comes up out of the base.
Is this normal? Am I just freaking out over nothing?
It's been 3 yrs since DS was in a seat like this, but I don't remember having this much wiggling...

I had the same concern with Elliots travel system. Thats not the brand i went with but they are highly identical. It seemed super lose, especially the front, since it attaches to the seat only in the back. Even Isaiahs seems more secure...but we followed directions, so i guess its okay....you can go to the fire dept. or the police station and someone trained can show you how to put it in too (its usually free). We may do this just for ease of mind. We did it with Isaiahs carseat...but Elliots is funky (like how you are describing).

Nightkd, I was worried about being dehydrated too, so I got some premade fruit in jelly pots for my labour bag. Only problem is I keep looking at them and wanting to eat one now!

Junebugs I'm glad your work were so nice :happydance:

My work is a bit of a confusion at the moment. On Thursday before Christmas I got back to my office from a meeting and there were signs on the front door saying we have been taken over by another law firm because we were in administration :wacko:. I knew we were in difficulties, but that was a surprise! We've been told all our contract terms stay the same etc, but the new firm has a new head of my department and a new team, that I've never met, and I have no idea what their approach is to part time hours or anything :shrug:. It's also been suggested they may make our team redundant after they've "reviewed our financial performance" over a few months, but I'm not going to be there for 7 months so how do I make a good impression?! I'm back at work on Tuesday for 3 weeks, but I don't have the energy to run about impressing new bosses at the same time as trying to hand over all my cases. :help:

monkey, what a mess!! :hugs: I hope everything works out for you.

Guppy, exactly. It only attaches in the back! I don't know if I want to return it... or if a lot of them are like that and I'm likely to get something similar. :(

Hi Ladies,

I know many of you don't know me, but I was on the thread in the beginning until July. Anyway, I am an AVID stalker! :haha: I wanted to say CONGRATS to TOBAIRA!!! Beautiful names for the girls!:happydance: I hope they are doing well. I also wanted to wish you all a VERY Happy New Year! Which I have no doubt it will be with all the approaching due dates!

January is fast approaching. As we look back at 2011, I hope that you are able to see the tremendous impacts this year has on your life. I hope however, that those impacts continue to happen for the better!

I hope that this upcoming year provides many more successes in any and every thing that you encounter, small little miracles and the gigantic ones too! I know for myself, this has been a very trying year with ups and downs, but when I look deeply, everything that has happened has been a part of a much bigger plan that my God has in store. I have met some of the most amazing women here on BnB, and I like to think that MrsMM24 in MD/DC of the United States, has now added some of the greatest BnB FRIENDS across the world! I wish you all get everything that you could want in 2012, especially a BFP, and importantly, a Happy and Safe New Year!!!

Had a midwife appt this morning and baby has gone from free at the last appt 2 weeks ago to 3/5th engaged :shock: bouncing on that ball has def worked and baby is ready!

midwife really pleased and said I'll see you for a 38 week appt, as long as you've not had the baby by then !!!!!! need to get my skates on and write a birth plan! Have chosen a car seat now, just neeed to pick that up tomorrow. Got to make it to tuesday then I'll be 37 weeks and the homebirth is on the cards. SOOOOOOOOO excited now

Sounds good, sparklez!!
Won't be long before more February Valentines start rolling in! So exciting!!

Nightkd, I was worried about being dehydrated too, so I got some premade fruit in jelly pots for my labour bag. Only problem is I keep looking at them and wanting to eat one now!

Ooh, I think I shall add some of those to my labour-day grocery list for DH! :)

Had a midwife appt this morning and baby has gone from free at the last appt 2 weeks ago to 3/5th engaged :shock: bouncing on that ball has def worked and baby is ready!

midwife really pleased and said I'll see you for a 38 week appt, as long as you've not had the baby by then !!!!!! need to get my skates on and write a birth plan! Have chosen a car seat now, just neeed to pick that up tomorrow. Got to make it to tuesday then I'll be 37 weeks and the homebirth is on the cards. SOOOOOOOOO excited now

Wowza! Not long to go now! :D

monkey, what a mess!! :hugs: I hope everything works out for you.

Guppy, exactly. It only attaches in the back! I don't know if I want to return it... or if a lot of them are like that and I'm likely to get something similar. :(

I thought about doing the same but we have had it too long to take it back (because i was using the jogger for DS), but also i figure they HAVE to meet certain standards, per the government and laws and such. Also, i think most of them are made that way now...for whatever reason...i didn know that with Isaiah because we got ours from an Amish lady and we only had about 10 monts of use out of it before it expired and had to get a new one. At that point we just did the convertible style one, so no base for that....i think most of them are made this way now...for whatever reason...i highly suggest going to the fire/police station. The go who did Isaiahs was highly knowledgeable and he made sure we knew how to install it properly before we left. You dont realize how bad youve installed it until the pros get in and fix it and teach you lol

Thanks. You're right; they all have to meet certain standards... It's probably okay.
I know our fire dept at least used to do the installations and checks... I'll have to see if they still do and if it's a certain day or if I need an appt or something. :thumbup:

thats great news hun!!!! How long have you been bouncing on the ball for now? I keep getting worried that everytime i bonce i am bouncing to hard and i am going to cause some damage or something.... lol

Great news about bouncing on the ball! I have been afraid to bounce at is point because I don't know if the baby is head down or not... I still just have this feeling he is transverse. So I have been trying kneeling over the ball and also the inverse position a couple times a day to try and hey him into the tight position. I can't wait for my ultrasound in a couple weeks so I can know his position for sure!

Oh, so I packed my hospital bag today! Yay! I feel so much more prepared now and DH is happy. :) now its just sitting in the nursery, hopefully for the next 7 weeks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->