February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

oh snap...i need to get mine ready...i never did my bag with DS until i was 41 weeks :blush:
even though im planning a HB i still have to have things prepared just in case.

Since everyone has been talking about it I ordered some raspberry leaf tea. Crib came today and dressed and ready for baby.
I can't sleep at all!! I dread laying down at night either it's the acid reflux, having to pee, my hips feeling like they will fall off or I feel like I can't breathe I wonder if that's from the 42 extra lbs?! Yikes

My hips have been hurting as well :hugs: i think its from all of that side laying though...it really does put pressure on ya, since we women are lucky to have hour glass hips lol

Have you tried chiropractic work? it makes me feel A MILLION times better.

Just thought I'd drop in and wish you all a Happy New Year when it comes :)

Going to exchange some Christmas gifts & spend my gift vouchers from my Mum & Dad - depending on how well I can actually walk & if my feet balloon up again (they are pretty much back to normal now after virtual bed rest for the last 3 days!!)

Hope you all have a fab time, whatever you are doing. Me & DH are having our first NYE at home (and with the kids) since before they were born. No idea what we did exactly each of the last 7 years, so it must have been fun! Those were the days :haha:

I have been throwing some bits in a holdall for a week or so now, I took far too much last time and don't want to do that again! I'm planning a homebirth so hopefully won't need it anyway.

So far I think I have:

two nighties with button necks for bfing
lots of maternity pads
a pack of nappies (will be using cloth but not for a week or so at least)
two outfits for the baby (vest, babygro, socks just in case
woolie hat and cotton hat for baby
washbag with toothbrush, toothpaste, washcloth, shower gel
breastpads
huge cotton knickers!

I need to put lots more in - slippers, socks, bra, book just in case, charger for my phone, camera, snacks - but most will have to wait until closer to the time. Like I say, I hope I won't need it anyway.

I'm not even thinking about my hospital bag yet. I know it's possible I could go in before my scheduled section, but I am so not in favor of that happening... so maybe if I don't pack the bag, the baby will know to stay in. :thumbup:

ETA: My hips have been hurting SO bad. Usually not until it's almost time to get up, though, so it's bearable. I had a dream that I bought a pregnancy pillow and it helped... though irl I don't see how it would. :shrug:

:hugs: to MrsM - I hope you have a wonderful new year and that 2012 will bring about blessings for you and your wife!!! xoxox

Saphire - I'm at 37 gained so far and I find sleeping just ridiculous. Always some part of me is falling asleep and then I'm awake trying to wake it again. It sucks! lol

I NEED to pack my bag today or tomorrow, holy crap. So behind. Haha

My maternity brag book arrived!! As soon as I can get a chance to scan or photo some pages from it I will share. :) I'm so happy with it.

I just woke up (YAYYY I got to sleep in for once!) so I know I'm missing things... but I will be back later. Hope you ladies enjoy your new year!!

MrsMM, :hugs: I hope that you are your DW have a great New Year's. KMFX that you get your extremely sticky BFP for the New Year! I cannot wait to hear that you have gotten that special gift! :) Keep us updated with everything!

Swan and Saphire, I have gotten lucky this time that I have only gained 11lbs so far..... but with both of the boys I gained 50lbs.... and I did not lose very much after DS2 (only like 10lbs, that I gained back when we were TTC) I have REALLY REALLY been trying not to gain a whole lot of weight this time since I am overweight as it is.

hi ladies,

hope everyone had a great christmas!!!!
everything has been so crazy with the holidays!
We plan to pack my bag asap too, but im sure i'll overpack
and as for sleeping... what a nightmare (pardon the pun)
but really, i had no idea it would be this bad.
I have quite wide hips for my size, so i havent had much in the way of hip pain. but my hailbone, and my pelvic bone have been just awful.

I feel like i started to show SUPER early, and everyone was saying i was really big for my size and how far along i was... now i feel super small compared to everyone else!
The doc says baby and I are both exactly where we should be, and i've gained 40 lbs, but my tummy doesn't seem to buldge out as far as other women this far along. :(

thats great news hun!!!! How long have you been bouncing on the ball for now? I keep getting worried that everytime i bonce i am bouncing to hard and i am going to cause some damage or something.... lol

Probably for 5 weks ish, at my 28 wk appt found out baby was head down so figured it was fine from then on. All evening Boxing day I was sat on it as sitting through the family meal meant I was totally ready to slouch on the sofa which I'm trying not to do (but am right now:dohh:)

Well had a very productive day having been spurred on by finding out baby is engaged.
Ordered - car seat, co-sleeper crib, liner for birth pool.
Took the birth pool we got off ebay out of the box and looked at what extras we need to get
took down the christmas tree and put outside so we have more space (left the other decs up for now though)
Bought- plastic sheeting for furniture, dextrose tablets, snacks and drinks for labour, oil burner and jasmine oil, biscuits for the midwives!, big knickers (lol becstar), and random bits that caught my eye- like a head massager in the pound shop!!

Also got all my wrapping paper, ribbons and cards for next christmas half price in the sales. totally worn out now ready for bed.

Happy new year everyone, guess some of us are already in 2012, kelly and tiger?

HAPPY NEW YEAR LADIES!

I went shopping today. Nothing worth looking at in the sales. 'cept a handbag, which I bought. Also got pretty much everything I need for baby's arrival (and a new changing bag... oops!) because I'm getting more convinced every day that I'm not going to make it another 2 months. (Consultant is even starting my weekly appts 2 weeks early which has just intensified that feeling!)

Happy new years ladies!! :cake:

I had a huge pregnancy pillow with DS and it really did work amazing well!....dh didn't like how much room it took up...but i didn't care :haha:
...of course my stupid cat had to go and "mark his territory" on it :wacko: so that had to get thrown out :grr:

Ladies I am still feeling Kenny move, but I am feeling it less often it seems like. Is that normal? I don't feel the big kicks like I used to... Then i panic and drink some juice and lay on my side and I do feel him, but not as strong. Is this normal? Is he just getting squished in there? I wish I had a Doppler to hear his HB

Happy new year everybody, i can't believe we are almost there !!! Next month is OUR month !! Felt like yesterday we had our BFP. By the way i am due on the 13 not the 11 anymore but never mind ;) lol.

Happy New Year all :happydance: Its new baby year!!

I had an emotional one, (Aug) 2011 was the year I lost my wonderful Dad & although im glad to see the back of 2011, its also so hard starting a New Year without him here :cry:

:hugs: im sorry kelly :hugs:

Jokerette- its normal :D There is slowly (or maybe quickly? lol) getting to be less room in there. So the movements will def change like that. As long as you are feeling something, no worries, they just cant get as much "punch" out with such less room :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->