February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

hi ladies :flow:
ive been MIA as we have been on holiday for the last 10/11 days. can i just say that driving 17hours with a big baby bum in your ribs really isnt very fun ? :nope: the trip down south was really quite awful to be honest. the first 9 hours were ok, but we stopped at 11pm at some park in the middle of nowhere (the horror movie geek in me was freaking myself out as you can imagine) and the plan was to get up at 5am to keep going, well i did not get a single wink of sleep at all. i could not get comfy, my back was agony, my hips and bump hurt, and when it got really hot i wound the window down and all the bugs came in ! and i got super bitten ! so i made jonno wake up at 3am to leave. i was miserable the other 8 hours , vommiting everywhere :nope:
the way back however was quite ok, because i booked us a hotel room for the night half way lol !! much better :haha:
i had my 4D scan done, ill attach pics. i was really worried my anterior placenta would get in the way and i would be wasting my money, but it wasnt as bad as i expected. her face looks a little distorted but you get the idea lol
apparently she is VERY chubby, has very chubby cheeks and very big juicy lips ! (i dont know where she got that from) but she looks so much like jesse did in his too.
ps she is still a girl :rofl:
View attachment 319502

View attachment 319503

ok so catch me up ladies !!
has anyone else had their bubs other than the twins ? have pics been posted of them yet ?
any other interesting news ?

and here are a few pics of my little man ....
DSCN0027.jpg

DSCN0050.jpg

DSCN0120.jpg

Welcome back Tiger :wave: Sorry you didnt have a good trip there

The scan pic attachments arent working:nope:

tiger-- hmmm maybe it's just my computer messing up but those attachments aren't working...

Has someone had their baby/ies?? We just got home and I came on and see the heading...read back maybe 10 pages...but don't see anything? I'm too tired to read all the way back, lol.

Tomorrow I start work. I was psyching myself up to get up and out of here and be there by 8am when I got an email that says I need to be there at 0730. Ughhhh. The good news is that, so long as I bring my lunch, I only have to be there 8 hours each day. And tomorrow I'll get out early since I have an appt at 3. But still.

I can't believe how much we have left to do!! I'm really starting to stress and get anxious about everything left to do. *sigh* I did check a couple small things off the list though. I got him some pants (3.50-5$!) and ordered him a little jacket for 15$ from Gap that was regularly 60$!! I figure that even if it's not used much, that's a good deal.

Hi girls,
I have a question if anyone can help.

I had some lower back pain yesterday and once or twice some stabbing pain upper right part of bump. I presumed as I'd been out and about I'd just over did it a bit.
Last night about 1:30am I was woken but a long intense BH with a lot of pain radiating through my back. I had one more 1/2 later that also woke me.

Now today still have strong pain in lower and mid back and lots more stabbing pain in upper right part of bump and the odd tightening.

I have know idea of bubs position cause she keeps changing.

No sort of pattern of wave to any of it and have had Panadol for the pain.

Anyone heard of this sort of thing or know what the cause could be.

Thanks Girls

hey hun... i am not to sure about this... it could be nothing or it could be something.... if there is anything i have learned though all this is go with your gut... if your worried then get checked out....

So cute tiger!! I'm sure this has been covers but how long before your due date are u stopping work? I was gonna do 2 weeks but what if I'm early? Ugh wish I could afford to stop now

Off to buy:

Washing machine
Dishwasher
Fridge freezer
Kettle
Toaster
Vacuum cleaner
Phone

:wacko::wacko::wacko:

Hi girls,
I have a question if anyone can help.

I had some lower back pain yesterday and once or twice some stabbing pain upper right part of bump. I presumed as I'd been out and about I'd just over did it a bit.
Last night about 1:30am I was woken but a long intense BH with a lot of pain radiating through my back. I had one more 1/2 later that also woke me.

Now today still have strong pain in lower and mid back and lots more stabbing pain in upper right part of bump and the odd tightening.

I have know idea of bubs position cause she keeps changing.

No sort of pattern of wave to any of it and have had Panadol for the pain.

Anyone heard of this sort of thing or know what the cause could be.

Thanks Girls

Make sure you're drinking plenty of water too... It could just be baby getting into awkward positions, but it also sounds a bit like early labour was for me (felt like ache in my back and stitch in my side... kind of thing)... Otherwise maybe you've pulled your round ligament? I did that a few weeks ago and it was HORRIBLE, causing pain and tightening etc etc...

Get checked out if you feel worried about it!! :hugs: Hope you feel better soon.

Thank you everyone for your replies. I rang the labor ward and was told most likely bub has moved down and is most probably putting pressure on back and nerves.

I am hoping it eases soon because it is quite painful.:growlmad:

Well I am off to bed and wish everyone a good nights rest.

Hi Ladies, please can someone help me? Since yesterday I've been experiencing a burning/hot sensation in my left calf. It's only on the muscle and seems to run from down to up in quick movements. Does anyone know what this could be?

JP - Check the OP for birth announcements ;) Anyone know the names btw? I'm not in the FB group so missed the announcement personally.

JP - Check the OP for birth announcements ;) Anyone know the names btw? I'm not in the FB group so missed the announcement personally.
another update- cassandra elizabeth and heather marie came via emerg c sect at 1254pm 12/20. 2lb12oz and 3lb1oz

That was the facebook update x

I will do a proper catching up later but I wanted to pop in and say hello and happy Tuesday!! Today is absolutely insane at work (already...) but I do have my 35 week at 10:50 so at least that will break up my day a tiny bit. :haha: I'm so tired though so dealing with angry people on my first day back after new years is anything but enthralling. ;) Why do people feel that THEY can have off for the holiday but that WE should have been in work to do their payroll yesterday? :rofl:

I'm a watermelon!!! :wohoo: finally!! could be any day now :happydance:

welcome back everyone who's been away for the hols

Kelly good luck with all that shopping, am I right thinking you already chose what models etc you're getting just need to get them. happy 1 week till your new house!

tiger your pictures are beautiful xxx

rj hope you manage to sleep and feel better soon :hugs:

:hugs: for you too swan have lots of respect for you still being at work, I was so fed up by 35 weeks

sorry baby A I've no idea what that could be, sure someone more knowledgeable will be along shortly

I'm a watermelon!!! :wohoo: finally!! could be any day now :happydance:

Kelly good luck with all that shopping, am I right thinking you already chose what models etc you're getting just need to get them. happy 1 week till your new house!

:wohoo: A watermelon :wohoo:

Yeah, you are right, I had spent many hours researching online & had models all lined up :thumbup: (How did you know that? :shrug: Very observant of you :haha:)

Is anyone else's taste buds dulling? IDK I feel like everything tastes different to me today.

I am so p!!!ed off.

I had the midwife today. I haven't seen the same midwife twice this pregnancy and it was another different woman today.

I told her how I hadn't been called back by the last midwife to arrange the home visit they insist on doing before they okay a home birth in this area. I had called the office on 23rd December and they said she would call back and she did two minutes later while I was on the loo... I didn't answer of course and her message said she'd call again later. She didn't and she didn't answer when I called her.

Anyway, I could have had my visit this week if she called back, bearing in mind I'm 37 weeks and technically ok from this Friday.

The midwife today said they could come to me at 38 weeks but if I went into labour before then I would have to go to hospital. :growlmad: I said it was unfair that because of their admin errors I hadn't had my visit and so I might miss out on a homebirth if I went into labour this weekend. She said they normally don't come out until 38 weeks anyway (why?) and it was only a few days. We went back and forth arguing and in the end she said 'well you can sit and get annoyed about it but we can't change the situation and this is how it is.' She said thet it was for my own safety and the safety of others as they need to have enough staff on call etc and if they're not aware of me, which they 'won't be' until my home visit is done, then they won't come out. They also won't come out if I go more than 12 days over. :growlmad:

I was so annoyed, not just at her but also at myself for not saying 'well I won't be going in even if I do go into labour this weekend so screw you, missus.'

I will not go into hospital because of a bloody admin issue if I can cope at home, and I will not go in to be induced because of their dates and policies unless there is a genuine medical reason specific to me... but I had this whole battle last time and to have this happen already this time feels like... it has taken the wind out of my sails. I was feeling so positive and now I feel really tired and fed up about it all. The home birth rate in my area is less than 1% and it is very clear to me why... they make it incredibly difficult.

It is just making me feel so cross at myself for not being strong (although at least I didn't cry) but my blood pressure when she took it was much higher than normal (although still fine as my blood pressure is normally on the low side of normal).

My mum has been very supportive and I know she will stick up for me but I just could do without this.

Oh, and she just called and she will come at some point on Tuesday (she can't say when so I have to stay in all day with a toddler, fecking great) and it will be her, the miserable cow, coming.

I feel like all the midwives are anti-homebirth (they have been so far) and will be negative about my hypnobirthing etc, and if that cowbag turns up for the birth I might hit her.

Sigh, sorry for being down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->