February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

So...work today wasn't too bad, I guess. I was mostly really boring, tiring, and uncomfortable. I tried to get my shoes on (uniform shoes that I haven't worn in probably 8 years...) this morning and there was no getting them on. I folded the heel in and Dh said he'd buy me a bigger pair. Well I got there and spoke with the chick and she said that I can wear civilian clothes the rest of the time (minus this Friday since the Commander will be there) so I texted him not to bother. We already bought the whole maternity uniform that I was pissed to have to get for only 2 weeks. Now I only need it for 2 days...I'm NOT buying the shoes, too!!

My new Project Life was waiting for me when we got home from Florida so I need to get it all set up and started...and finish last years! :)

What's 'project life'? Sorry if that's a stupid question! :blush:

Lol, it's not stupid at all. I'm a scrapbooker but do NOT have the time to actually work on my scrapbooks hardly at all. I think that's how I found out about Project Life because the creator is big in the scrapbook world. Anyways, it's basically this album that you get and the point is to take one picture Every Single Day for a year. It can be a picture of anything. Your morning coffee, you with Mickey Mouse, a new pair of shoes, tickets to a movie you saw, etc etc...from the mundane to the awesome. Along with the picture every day, there's a small little journaling card that you write something on. It can be one word or you can fill the whole little thing out. It sounds like a huge pain, but it's actually really not. I started one year ago and just LOVE LOVE LOVE looking through it. I am missing about 30 pictures (not bad out of 365) so I do need to go around the base/house/whatever and take some pictures of stuff I want to remember AND I'm about 2 months behind on my journaling, but I've been doing a couple weeks each day and will be done asap. It's really fun and really cool!

Here's a FB album that I put some pictures from the beginning of the year to show some friends who asked about it:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/set=a.501331542652.270178.510272652&type=3&l=2f07f0bde4

Ahhh I see! Blipfoto.com but on paper! :)
Thank you for explaining!

Hi Ladies, please can someone help me? Since yesterday I've been experiencing a burning/hot sensation in my left calf. It's only on the muscle and seems to run from down to up in quick movements. Does anyone know what this could be?

Sorry I can't help but if it doesn't go away I'd call in for advice. It sounds though it could be some pressure on a nerve though.

Let me know how you go and hope you are feeling better soon.

Thanks Hun. I did call my doc and he said that it could just be pressure on the sciatic nerve. He said that if there's redness and swelling I should come in immediately as it could be DVT, but there isn't any of that...thank God. Ahhhh, the joys of motherhood :haha:

Becstar this is the post I was thinking of:

"doula uk has a scheme where you can hire a doula through an access fund. if you're feeling unheard and want a bit of woman/ sisterly company it might be helpful" https://doula.org.uk/content/doula-access-fund

o wow shock has set in, just been to the hospital for a scan and apt and the baby could be here in 2 weeks time!!

He hasnt grown since my last scan so the consultant doesnt think the asprin is doing its job.

He is also still breech, any ideas how to encourage him to turn??

If he has grown a little more at my nexy scan then he will be here in 3-4weeks eek!!

o wow shock has set in, just been to the hospital for a scan and apt and the baby could be here in 2 weeks time!!

He hasnt grown since my last scan so the consultant doesnt think the asprin is doing its job.

If he has grown a little more at my nexy scan then he will be here in 3-4weeks eek!!

https://spinningbabies.com/

or as guppy, she's the expert :)

So cute tiger!! I'm sure this has been covers but how long before your due date are u stopping work? I was gonna do 2 weeks but what if I'm early? Ugh wish I could afford to stop now

I'm hoping to work up to 27th January which is 10 days before my due date.

Wow... had a lot to catch up on. BnB was acting funny for me yesterday but I thought it was doing that for everyone. Guess not.
Anyway...
becstar-- :hugs: That's ridiculous. I'd totally hit the cow bag if she shows up! Hope everything works out for you.
Guppy-- haha nice terrible towel! Probably don't see too many of those in NH! I just recently saw a picture somewhere of babies in a nursery wrapped in terrible towels. (I'm in Eastern OH so very much a part of Steeler country.)

Im stressing Girls :wacko: Moving into unfurnished rental in 5 days (which is great)

But....Gotta buy beds, been looking today, but cant decide, really doesnt help that I dont know the brands here in Australia :dohh:

https://spinningbabies.com/

or as guppy, she's the expert :)

:blush: yep def check out spinning babies! that is a GREAT site! Also, trust your baby will flip. I know ladies whose babys flipped DURING labor! And i know other ladies who flipped at like 37 weeks, so dont worry, you still have time :thumbup: with that said, doing lots of hands/knees will help...there is a thing called Moxibustion (it's an acupuncture technique) and it has a 95% success rate at flipping the baby! If you can't (or dont want to) do that, there is Webster Technique which is something a chiropractor is trained in. It has an 85% success rate and many chiros are trained to do it :thumbup:
Try doing hands/knee over the birth/yoga ball.....i once knew a girl who did handstands in the water. She did about 75 of them, But it worked! lol

Haha, yeah not too many Steelers fans here....i freggin hate the New England Patriots...so...it sucks living here with all of those fans :wacko: :haha: We also LOVE (and i mean LOVE) the Pittsburgh Penguins.....we get constant torture here for not being Brewins fans....i will never change in my Penguins for them! haha I much prefer hockey over American Football though....i miss Pittsburgh :( it's my favorite city...and close to home, so...wish i could go back!

I’m on my 15-minute break, so I’m trying to catch up as quickly as possible… not easy!

Congrats on full term Sparklez and thanks for the :hugs: - it’s definitely a pain in the butt, to say the least… but I’m hanging in there. By a thread or something. :rofl:

Becstar, sorry to hear the m/w is giving you more crap. That’s such a load. I’d be furious! :brat:

Ugh, the Patriots. I’m so glad you aren’t a Pats fan Guppy, or I’d have to smack you. :lol: Just kidding! I’m a Giants’ girl all the way. :happydance: You can take the girl out of NY, but… ;) However, I can accept the Terrible Towel – it’s part of your region, and I think it’s hilarious how you have it so nicely on display up yonder in Pats’ territory. Show those Brady fans who is boss girl! :thumbup:

Glad to hear all seems to be looking good for you BabyA! :hugs: I hope you get some relief soon, though. Sciatic nerve pain is NO fun!

Congrats on 36 weeks Night! We’re getting so close!

Good luck bed shopping Kelly! :D

How are you feeling now RJ? Any better?

Hope you’re feeling better Tiger! Great pics, by the way! :)

I admit, I had an all-out breakdown yesterday. I got home from a grueling workday and my feet were both swollen so much my toes wouldn’t bend, I twisted one of my ankles while carrying something at work and my back was throbbing from being on my feet the entire day. I just let loose and started bawling, because I was in agony and was trying to fathom the notion that I could very well be still doing this for the next 7 freakin’ weeks if I go overdue. I hate throwing myself pity parties like that, but I sobbed for a good hour over the pain, the frustration and the sheer exhaustion of everything at work. Lately my typical seated-all-day job has become an on-my-feet-nonstop job, just making it that much less bearable. After I cried it out, I took the rest of the evening to finish reading the second book of the Hunger Games series, and kept my feet up and my back rested. Feeling a little better today, physically anyway; just emotionally drained. I’m angry at myself for breaking down how I did, but I’m trying my best to make better of my days here at work. My brain’s about to explode but… it happens. :rofl:

This month is our busiest at work, so at least HOPEFULLY if I go overdue it’ll be quieter here (though I’m praying I don’t go over, obviously lol).

Well, back to work I go. Hi ho… hi ho… :lol: Only a wee bit of time left before I can take my lunch break, at least! :) I know I didn’t get time to read back as far as I’ve missed (yet!) but I’ll try and catch up tonight if I can stay awake past dinner. :rofl: Ohhhhhh pregnancy. :D

Happy Wednesday ladies! :wave:

Swan: I hope you got that pedicure! It really does help to take the 30 min and do it. We deserve it!! all of us!

Well my DS is getting his tonsils out tomorrow morning :( so I'm not sure after today what time I'll have on here cause I heard the recovery is not that easy. Praying for the best though.

I have a Dr apt on Friday so that's good news.

I'll be checking in on you guys this week even if I don't post after today for a bit.

Have a great day!

Oh I meant to mention that! I AM getting my damn pedicure haha. Hubby was like, "whatever, get two for all you want." LOL. So I am going Saturday for one. :) then will probably get one for my birthday in a few weeks!

I am going every week or 2 from here on out. I feel $30 a week I deserve from being on my feet most of the day w an extra 40 lbs lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->