February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Wow, so much to catch up on...

mumanddad-- Does that mean that since I tested positive for gbs with ds, they won't bother to test me this time around and will just give me antibiotics? Does it even matter since it will be a planned c-section this time?

Dr's appt was good. Have to take iron. Blech. Figure that's why I was feeling lightheaded.

Hi all, hope you are well.

Just popped in for a quick update! Went back to GP yesterday because I'm no-longer coping on max dose/strength dihydrocodeine for SPD/PGP. Unfortunately, she didn't know what to so with me, lol. Anyway, she was going to phone my consultant to discuss the fact that we are both concerned about the medication I'm taking & how it may affect LO.

Weirdly, today, my consultants secretary phoned & asked me to come & see him at his clinic on Monday.

Don't know how to feel really? I was meant to be having a growth scan at 37 weeks to see if at 38 weeks VBAC is an option or schedule a section if he's too big (need steroid injections before 39 weeks) Hoping now though that he will agree to move the growth scan to 36 weeks & we can plan delivery at 37 weeks via amniotomy or section. This would give me plenty of time to have the steroid injections & I plan to stop everything except paracetamol, just incase LO is affected.

It's so difficult to know what to do!!

It doesn't help that I still have my Christmas decs up, DH is still to do done touch ups in the boys room & start painting our room. Not to mention all the new bedroom furniture I've bought that is flat packed!

AAAAARRRRRGGGHHHHHH! Is anyone else panicking?

mumanddad-- Does that mean that since I tested positive for gbs with ds, they won't bother to test me this time around and will just give me antibiotics? Does it even matter since it will be a planned c-section this time?

Dr's appt was good. Have to take iron. Blech. Figure that's why I was feeling lightheaded.

From what i understood yesterday i will be put on antibiotics before my waters break i was going to be tested again but they said there was no point and if they do swops it can cause infection (british doctors hate touching up there enless necessary)

If your having a csection then i dont think you will need the antibiotics but then i have never spoke to the consultant about csections x

thats a tough decision suzzle. Sorry i dont have any advice to give, but im sure you will make a great choice :hugs:

AmaryllisRed- uck. I hated having low iron. At this stage of the pregnancy its super duper hard to get your iron to increase. Usually if you hit that 28 week blood surge and its not ample, its quite the challenge, near impossible to get up after that BUT. I can give you a couple suggestions. First off, dont use the ferrous sulfate OTC stuff. The synthetic form of iron does not get into the blood stream as well, so it will probably still leave you with a deficiency and #2 issues lol. Go to a health foods store (or herbal shoppe, whichever) and get yourself a "food based iron". No matter how much of the synthetic iron i was taking it never did a dang thing and i still ended up with PICA (craved sand :blush:) and super bad iron levels. Though i did not have PICA this pregnancy, i was badly deficient around week 24. And i was on the OTC stuff. The MW suggested the food based...i thought, what the heck is the difference :shrug: but there really is a huge difference. your body will better absorb the food based plus you are far less likely to get consitpated and it has the greatest potential to increase your iron. Then what i would do. Go to Target (or whereever) and get yourself a Vitamin C in gummy form. The gummy form will best absorb. Take the Vit C when you take your iron. This will allow for max absorption. AVOID any calcium a little while before and after you take your iron and Vit. C because calcium will not allow it to absorb. I am confident this will benefit you the most :flower: i can personally attest to it :D

33 weeks :dance:

Thanks, Gup-- I thought I had read that before. I wonder if it's happening partly because of the blood volume increase and also partly because I've been drinking a lot of milk and I'm not craving meat like crazy anymore.

I was b strep positive with DS1, but I was negative with DS2. My office checks every pregnancy regardless of past results. Since I was negative with DS2 I did not have to have any antibiotics.

When did they check you? I was ment to get checked at 36 weeks but like i said they wont do it now as it comes and goes x

My drs office does it at 36 weeks. They do it and a growth/position scan at the same time. So, like how I go for my 36 week check up on the 12th of this month I will have the b strep and an ultrasound.

Thanks, Gup-- I thought I had read that before. I wonder if it's happening partly because of the blood volume increase and also partly because I've been drinking a lot of milk and I'm not craving meat like crazy anymore.

could very well be! despite popular beliefs, cravings are not normal during pregnancy and usually indicate some type of deficiency.
Hopefully you can get it up. I know you have a csection planned but it can actually cause issues going into labor and actually make labor more painful. (a lot of pregnant women are anemic though). At least you wont have to worry about the labor part...im sorta jealous :haha:

Im not sure if my MWs do Strep B test....they are HB MWs so they may do things differently...i know my 36 week appt. will be at my house because they are going to see it to know where everything is and where to put the birth pool...

I also think they do not do checks. There isnt any point in them anyways. And even my hospital MWs (that i had with DS) didn't like to do them. So i probably wont be getting any of those.

could very well be! despite popular beliefs, cravings are not normal during pregnancy and usually indicate some type of deficiency.
Hopefully you can get it up. I know you have a csection planned but it can actually cause issues going into labor and actually make labor more painful. (a lot of pregnant women are anemic though). At least you wont have to worry about the labor part...im sorta jealous :haha:

Hehe we'll compare notes 1 week pp and see how we're both doing. :)

It's kind of goofy-- she wrote my prescription for right up until my EDD-- but I'll probably need it after, too. :shrug:

haha. okay lol

That is odd...i know i def needed a Rx until about a week or two after delivery...and theres def less bleeding invovled in a vaginal, so im quite surprised thats all she did...do you have refills? Im pretty sure pharmacys can only fill for 30 days. and then you refill (if the doc gave you refills) a lot of insurances wont cover more than that at one time.

I was looking to see if she wrote refills, and she didn't. She wrote the dosage and then she wrote "until 2/26/12." I've never seen that on a prescription before. But I'm pretty sure my ins won't do more than 30 days at a time. So I suppose I'll refill it once at the end of 30 days (if I even use it and not the food-based) and then she'll probably write me a new one when I'm in the hospital. Or send some home with me... I forget what she did last time.

They told me last time I bled quite a bit. So I'm expecting the same this time around. Haha even yesterday when I had my finger prick for the iron, the lab tech said, "Wow, you're a good bleeder." I said, "Um, thank you?" :haha:

Yeah! Supposed to be the same benefits as placenta encapsulation:

https://www.placentanetwork.com/placenta/remedies/Smoothies.asp

But you consume the placenta raw in the smoothie (assuming there's nothing wrong with it/no meconium present in waters etc)...

I'm trying to decide which I would prefer; I'm not a big fan of taking pills and I've been drinking more smoothies recently (not to mention it makes me have a good few servings of fruits/veggies along with a lump of placenta :lol:)... Most people cut the placenta into 1 inch chunks and freeze it in ice cube trays, then just throw a chunk into their blender with some fruit etc. :)

Obviously not for everyone, but I'm not squeamish about raw meat (heck, I've been craving it this pregnancy :blush::rofl:) and if it helps prevent PPD I'm all for it! :) I'm planning to have my first smoothie right after birth, to reduce the risk of hemorrhaging etc, so if it's gross then I will throw it in a freezer bag and DH will encapsulate it for me and if it's okay, then I'll get him to cut it up and freeze it :)

:sick: Rather you than me :sick:

Did you eat your placenta with your DD? :shrug:

I was planning on encapsulating it, but since we transferred to hospital, they whisked it away right after birth and I never saw it again :(

I give you major props Night! I'm so squeamish but I admire people who do it for the benefits. :) Do you have to do anything special to the placenta in order to use it for the smoothies?

Nope, just throw it in there raw. :)

32 week appt went well.. bp was 110/80.. weight was 155lbs, gained about 18-20 lbs.. babys hb was good in the 130s-140, head was down wrapped up around the left side.. feet on the right.. makes sense.. lol next appt is in 2 weeks so on the 18th.. then 36 weeks is the group b strep test and an internal, sweep at 38 weeks if i want, and possible induction at 39 depending on what all happens.. Baby will def be here before my due date though..

So sorry to hear that tiger.. sounds kinda scary to me.. i would say nesting can wait till after baby is here safe and sound.. the hard part for me would be the no holding your son.. my dd wants to be held all the time..

Hi yes the strep b test is an internal but if your results show you havent got it this doesnt mean its not present in labour.

I am a carrier of strep b and my consultant wont test me he is just going to stick me on antibiotics x

Everyone carries strep b; it's naturally present in your body... It's just over colonization which is a problem (which can be combated by introducing more good bacteria into your body to control the bad stuff).

The antibiotics kill off all the good bacteria as well as the bad bacteria (and babies are supposed to be exposed to the vaginal 'flora' during birth, for their immune system etc)... I would demand to be tested, or refuse the antibiotics (with the research I've done, I think they can do more harm than good...) and treat naturally.

Don't have time read through all the posts but thought I should post some pictures of the girls - the information is on the facebook page too but I know everyone doesn't use it. Girls are great and both up to about 3.5lbs, they were 2 weeks old on Tuesday. They'll be in the NICU for probably another month before we can take them home. I had some very serious and scary complications - pre-eclampsia, HELLP, postpartum pulmonary embolism, peripartum cardiomyopathy.. things that very rarely occur and I had them all. In fact my Ob said I was making sure she knew all her stuff and has mentioned a few times about writing me up as a case study. I spent 10 days in the hospital after giving birth and now am on a bunch of medications but am doing well. My days now revolve around driving over to the NICU for as many feedings as I have the energy for. Luckily it's only 5 mins away so usually am there for 3-4 each day.

Attached are pictures – the family one is from New Year’s eve – we rang the new year in at the NICU holding the girls. DH is holding Cassandra and I am holding Heather. In the individual pictures Cassandra has the striped bottom sheet and Heather has the ladybugs.

Attachments

• Cassandra jan 1 2012 small.jpg
    Cassandra jan 1 2012 small.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 20
  • Heather jan 1 2012 small.jpg
    Heather jan 1 2012 small.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 20
  • Colorado Heads 12 31 2011 small.jpg
    Colorado Heads 12 31 2011 small.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 19
Don't have time read through all the posts but thought I should post some pictures of the girls - the information is on the facebook page too but I know everyone doesn't use it. Girls are great and both up to about 3.5lbs, they were 2 weeks old on Tuesday. They'll be in the NICU for probably another month before we can take them home. I had some very serious and scary complications - pre-eclampsia, HELLP, postpartum pulmonary embolism, peripartum cardiomyopathy.. things that very rarely occur and I had them all. In fact my Ob said I was making sure she knew all her stuff and has mentioned a few times about writing me up as a case study. I spent 10 days in the hospital after giving birth and now am on a bunch of medications but am doing well. My days now revolve around driving over to the NICU for as many feedings as I have the energy for. Luckily it's only 5 mins away so usually am there for 3-4 each day.

Attached are pictures – the family one is from New Year’s eve – we rang the new year in at the NICU holding the girls. DH is holding Cassandra and I am holding Heather. In the individual pictures Cassandra has the striped bottom sheet and Heather has the ladybugs.

your family is absolutuly beautiful! :cloud9: im glad you and the babies are doing better! That must have been scary.
Thanks for posting an update :flower:
btw, do your girls have red hair?-BEAUTIFUL!

Aw Tobaira, they are beautiful! It is great to hear that they are doing so well!! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->