February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Got my homebirth kit completed!
The MW will supply the pool and basically i need to have gas in the car plus a hospital bag (just in case) and i'll get more food when it gets closer.

Attachments

• IMG_0863.jpg
    IMG_0863.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0864.jpg
    IMG_0864.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0865.jpg
    IMG_0865.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 7
The MW will supply the pool and basically i need to have gas in the car plus a hospital bag (just in case) and i'll get more food when it gets closer.

Yay!! I have most of the stuff for my kit now; all the important bits and pieces anyway :) It's exciting to have everything prepared and there in front of you! It was like a second Christmas for me when my birth kit arrived!! :haha:

:haha: i know! I was so disappointed when it didn't show up yesterday. I looked out the window and you should have seen my excitement when the UPS guy showed up! :haha:

Tobaira: yay! So cute! God bless!

Guppy: exciting i think you home birth ladies are so brave!

Thanks Saphire! But honestly, i think people who birth in the hospital are brave! Im not brave for being at home because im a puss to go to the hospital! haha Ive been there, done that, im ready for a normal process with a normal response ;)

I agree with saphire - I'm much too much of a scaredy cat for the whole homebirth thing! Huge respect to all you homebirthers in the group!

Don't have time read through all the posts but thought I should post some pictures of the girls - the information is on the facebook page too but I know everyone doesn't use it. Girls are great and both up to about 3.5lbs, they were 2 weeks old on Tuesday. They'll be in the NICU for probably another month before we can take them home. I had some very serious and scary complications - pre-eclampsia, HELLP, postpartum pulmonary embolism, peripartum cardiomyopathy.. things that very rarely occur and I had them all. In fact my Ob said I was making sure she knew all her stuff and has mentioned a few times about writing me up as a case study. I spent 10 days in the hospital after giving birth and now am on a bunch of medications but am doing well. My days now revolve around driving over to the NICU for as many feedings as I have the energy for. Luckily it's only 5 mins away so usually am there for 3-4 each day.

Attached are pictures – the family one is from New Year’s eve – we rang the new year in at the NICU holding the girls. DH is holding Cassandra and I am holding Heather. In the individual pictures Cassandra has the striped bottom sheet and Heather has the ladybugs.

Awww!! They are just gorgeous!!! :cloud9:

Does it make me a total baby if I admit that seeing all that scares the pants off me?? Lol!!

No :nope: not brave. its just normal to me. i go to the hospital when im sick or injured. Had a baby there...but im ready to embrace the natural process and not have to fight for it. If you are low risk, homebirth is actually safer than hospital birth. But everyone should do what they feel comfortable with :flower: no shame in hospital birth or home birth, but personally i feel much safer at home and to me its not being brave, its just doing what i was made to do. I have faith in that.

Does it make me a total baby if I admit that seeing all that scares the pants off me?? Lol!!

:haha: no. Not at all lol
Although it sure beats seeing forceps, knives, scissors, and injections sitting on the table next to me :haha:

Well, work is going well still. I basically sit there for 8 hours and do Nothing but answer the phone. Today I brought 2 books. Finished one and read most of the other!!!! I love reading but I don't know if I can read all day, every day, for another 7 work days!! LOL Plus, I'm stressing over everything we need/want to get done. I really need to start getting my hospital bag together, for one. I'd like the crib put together so I can get that set up. We still have a bunch of stuff we NEED to buy, etc etc. STRESS!!!! I have a shower on Saturday...I think it'll only be about 5 or 6 of us but I really hope they get stuff off the registry instead of just clothes...not that I won't appreciate it either way, you know know!!!!

Although it sure beats seeing forceps, knives, scissors, and injections sitting on the table next to me :haha:

LMAO!!!! :haha: Well that would scare me too!! But there's no picture of that, lol! I'm trying to just ignore the medical stuff that's coming up. :wacko:

JP- work sounds good atm! Im glad its been easy going. I was worried with it being military that you would have to do something crazy for being so far gone lol

I hope you get lots of stuff at your shower!
I need to get my hospital bag packed as well-just in case. I dont anticipate needing it, but ya just never know. I didn't pack it with Isaiah until i was 41 weeks...opps :haha: Oh well didn't need it until 41+5 anyways....guess maybe my subconscious knew lol

LMAO!!!! :haha: Well that would scare me too!! But there's no picture of that, lol! I'm trying to just ignore the medical stuff that's coming up. :wacko:

:haha: thats why im staying home! lol

:lol: That's true Guppy! Thankfully none of that stuff appeared til it was needed in our room last time. I would have had a total freak out if it had all been ready and waiting when we walked in. :argh:

JP- work sounds good atm! Im glad its been easy going. I was worried with it being military that you would have to do something crazy for being so far gone lol

I hope you get lots of stuff at your shower!
I need to get my hospital bag packed as well-just in case. I dont anticipate needing it, but ya just never know. I didn't pack it with Isaiah until i was 41 weeks...opps :haha: Oh well didn't need it until 41+5 anyways....guess maybe my subconscious knew lol

Yeah, I was a little worried that they wouldn't be cool, but I'm "working" with a guard unit and so during the week there's only 3 or 4 people there and they don't really do much, Lol! This weekend is their guard weekend when everyone will be there, but I don't have to be since I'm not actually part of their unit.

I hope so too, Hahaha!! Really I just hope we get a couple things we really need!!!

tobaira - the girls are beautiful :cloud9: and they look amazing for their gestational age.
guppy- yay for the kit ! :dance:
tbh i have no regrets about going to the hospital with jesse lol. a home birth would be a beautiful thing and if i could guarantee everything would work out properly i would do it but, i attract bad luck. one of my husbands friends reckons he admires me because ill always attract something awful and go through some horrible things but i always walk away completely fine :haha:
jesse would have died had i not been at the hospital.

guppy - birth expert lol - what position is LOP ? thats where holly is apparently and im wondering if her position has something to do with why my belly is aching all the time ? i just feel so uncomfy !!

MrsMM- saw you reply to tobairas post, how are you ?

im starting to freak out tbh. ive nothing done for holly at all. she was going to share a room with jesse when she goes in to her cot (which wont be until 6months-ish) but what do i do until then ? we are moving either weeks before or like a week after she is born so im not sure what to do. i have nothing ready at all. im so unorganised ! i dont even have a mattress for her cradle yet :cry:

hospitals can DEF be a good thing! I dont look down on em because they really can be life saving places! ....i just have a problem with all the routine interventions that just put women at risk. Now if there is a medical need, thats one thing, but in the USA...thats usually not medically necessary (though docs will make ya feel that way!). But i def think there is a time and place for every intervention, and thank God for modern technology and knowledgeable doctors!

LOP = Left Occiput Posterior So this means the baby is laying towards the left (your right), the head is down (so not breech) and baby is sunnyside up. (back to back or better known as posterior). This could contribute to your pains as an LOP baby puts pressure on the mothers liver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->