February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

how do they tell that baby is posterior ? wouldnt they have to know which way the head is facing ?
so hooray for another posterior baby lol, thank god for not having to go vaginally haha. jesse was posterior too, it sucked big time

haha i know. isaiah was posterior :dohh: DANG KIDS! :haha:

Usually they can tell through palpating your abdomen. Generally a posterior baby will make mamas belly more squishy (because with an anterior, the back is what you feel, not the limbs). If you have a doll or stuffed animal laying around, pick it up, flip it posterior. The babies back will be towards your back and their limbs and stuff would be towards your belly button. That will help you visualize it.

Dont worry though, esepcially since you dont have to go through labor, but 50% of ALL births have the baby in the posterior position at SOME point. Many actually start that way, but because most of them rotate (not my little turd bird though :wacko:) only 5% of them come out actually face up.

AAAAARRRRRGGGHHHHHH! Is anyone else panicking?

Me!....:argh:

:wohoo: Congrats :yipee:

Don't have time read through all the posts but thought I should post some pictures of the girls - the information is on the facebook page too but I know everyone doesn't use it. Girls are great and both up to about 3.5lbs, they were 2 weeks old on Tuesday. They'll be in the NICU for probably another month before we can take them home. I had some very serious and scary complications - pre-eclampsia, HELLP, postpartum pulmonary embolism, peripartum cardiomyopathy.. things that very rarely occur and I had them all. In fact my Ob said I was making sure she knew all her stuff and has mentioned a few times about writing me up as a case study. I spent 10 days in the hospital after giving birth and now am on a bunch of medications but am doing well. My days now revolve around driving over to the NICU for as many feedings as I have the energy for. Luckily it's only 5 mins away so usually am there for 3-4 each day.

Attached are pictures – the family one is from New Year’s eve – we rang the new year in at the NICU holding the girls. DH is holding Cassandra and I am holding Heather. In the individual pictures Cassandra has the striped bottom sheet and Heather has the ladybugs.

How adorable :cloud9::baby::cloud9::baby: So pleased they are doing well

Thankyou for taking the time to share on here for those of us without facebook :winkwink:

Sorry you have had such a rough time :hugs:

No :nope: not brave. its just normal to me. i go to the hospital when im sick or injured. Had a baby there...but im ready to embrace the natural process and not have to fight for it. If you are low risk, homebirth is actually safer than hospital birth. But everyone should do what they feel comfortable with :flower: no shame in hospital birth or home birth, but personally i feel much safer at home and to me its not being brave, its just doing what i was made to do. I have faith in that.

Id love to have had a homebirth, I think you Girls are so lucky :cloud9:

im starting to freak out tbh. ive nothing done for holly at all. she was going to share a room with jesse when she goes in to her cot (which wont be until 6months-ish) but what do i do until then ? we are moving either weeks before or like a week after she is born so im not sure what to do. i have nothing ready at all. im so unorganised ! i dont even have a mattress for her cradle yet :cry:

Me too ~ But we will get there :hugs: We still have almost 7 weeks ~ Keep calm & carry on I say! :winkwink:

Tobaira- The girls are beautiful!!!!!!

I have my shower on Sunday and i am hoping to organize my nursery some more after that. I have not packed my hospital bag or anything yet.. i guess i should get started soon

Have fun at your shower!
Wish i got another. DSs shower SUCKED! lol

I have my shower on Sunday and i am hoping to organize my nursery some more after that. I have not packed my hospital bag or anything yet.. i guess i should get started soon

Hope you have a lovely day Sunday :thumbup:

Hi Ladies,
wow, lots to read back on!!!!
I hate that things are so hectic, that i hardly have time to get on, but i think of you ladies often! even DW has been asking if any of my "group buddies" have gone early just yet. haha.
I saw on FB that the twins arrived, im so anxious to see them :) I hope she posts pix soon!!!

My carpal tunnel and swelling has been acting up the last few days. im getting used to the heart palpitations too. My iron has been VERY low, but if i take the iron daily, it gives me a very sick feeling. so im not sure what to do??

woke up last nite w/the WORST cramps (almost like period), back pain, and heart burn. took about an hr to get back to sleep. it was my first real though of "omg, i could be waking up to labor in the very near future" haha.

its my first, so i'm starting to get labor-nervous!!!
I'm so exhausted tonight that the idea of having to wash and blowdry my hair is making me want to cry. hahaha.

33 weeks now... 7 more to go. after this work week, only 4 more left... which is starting to sound very long. i'm working until the end of the 1st week in feb... ill be 37.5 weeks when im done. can't wait. hope i make it that long!!!

your family is absolutuly beautiful! :cloud9: im glad you and the babies are doing better! That must have been scary.
Thanks for posting an update :flower:
btw, do your girls have red hair?-BEAUTIFUL!

wow I didn't realize but it does look red in those pictures. it looks more dark brownish in person but they have light eyebrows so.. we're still waiting to see what color they will end up with. DH's mom and my mom are both redheads, so while neither of us are there is a good chance they might end up redheads.. excited to find out. we thought it would be pretty cool if they were..

i love ginger babies :wink:
but im biased i think :haha:

I LOVE GINGER BABIES. granted I love babies in general but still haha. Congrats Tobaira!!! They are such beautiful little angel girls. :) I am so happy for you and am glad everyone is fine!

I admit, the HB kit made me a little anxious too. We are getting so close!!!!! Haha.

Not quite such a bad day at work today. Still really busy and mostly on my feet but wasn't as grueling as the others this week. Been having some lower back pain and cramps today and Aria is so still. I was worried but her HR is fine and after much coaxing and OJ, she gave me a few nudges. So I'm trying to not be neurotic here haha. One day of work then WEEKEND!! I'm going bridal dress shopping with a friend and I cannot wait. I might get to choose my moh dress too. If I can judge without noticing my bump too much ;) haha.

How are you MrsM???

Night, okay I wasn't sure if they did any treating to it first or something. I'm a little uneducated on the topic haha. Do you store it in the fridge or freezer then? I'd assume such because in my
mind it's comparable to storing organs from an animal? Not to sound rude, I'm just curious!! Haha. I only know of (personally, that is) women who have encapsulated so it is fascinating to me. :)

So, opinions: a breast feeding book - helpful or waste of money? Most people have told me its all natural and I won't need a book. Hospital suggests buying one but is neutral on how "necessary" it is. Thoughts? :)

Get The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding. I think Le Leche Legue wrote it or has something to do with it. Yes BFing is natural but i think its nieve to assume that you wont ever need help. I also love this one book called "Breastfeeding Sucks:What to do when your Mammaries make you Miserable" that ones is an easy but helfup read. The womanly art is fairly easy, has pictures to help, and pretty detailed. I think its worth it!

I love ginger babies!
In my experience the eyebrow color will be the. Ost liekly for their hair color. DS was born wtih jet black hair but always had a blondish redish eyebrow. His hair fell out, came back in and it matched his eyebrows perfectly.

I have some major catching up to do!

mumanddad- Hooray for you being done with work! I'm so happy for you, and super jealous too! :) I'm a teacher and its hard to be on my feet all day, i have been trying to sit more, but i feel like a slacker , or the kids start to get rowdy, and i need to circulate the room :)

Haha, yeah not too many Steelers fans here....i freggin hate the New England Patriots...so...it sucks living here with all of those fans :wacko: :haha: We also LOVE (and i mean LOVE) the Pittsburgh Penguins.....we get constant torture here for not being Brewins fans....i will never change in my Penguins for them! haha I much prefer hockey over American Football though....i miss Pittsburgh :( it's my favorite city...and close to home, so...wish i could go back!

Guppy- LOL.... i am a big Pats fan, can we still be friends ;) DH is going to the playoff game next weekend, he is soooo excited! Also, the nursery looks awesome!!!!! :) I LOVE IT! Also, nice job on the homebirth kit!

Don't have time read through all the posts but thought I should post some pictures of the girls - the information is on the facebook page too but I know everyone doesn't use it. Girls are great and both up to about 3.5lbs, they were 2 weeks old on Tuesday. They'll be in the NICU for probably another month before we can take them home. I had some very serious and scary complications - pre-eclampsia, HELLP, postpartum pulmonary embolism, peripartum cardiomyopathy.. things that very rarely occur and I had them all. In fact my Ob said I was making sure she knew all her stuff and has mentioned a few times about writing me up as a case study. I spent 10 days in the hospital after giving birth and now am on a bunch of medications but am doing well. My days now revolve around driving over to the NICU for as many feedings as I have the energy for. Luckily it's only 5 mins away so usually am there for 3-4 each day.

Attached are pictures – the family one is from New Year’s eve – we rang the new year in at the NICU holding the girls. DH is holding Cassandra and I am holding Heather. In the individual pictures Cassandra has the striped bottom sheet and Heather has the ladybugs.

Tobaira- THEY ARE GORGEOUS!!! congrats to you and your lovely family! im sorry you had so many complications but I am so glad you and the girls are doing well now! :) How many weeks were you when you delivered?

MrsMM24-
We miss you very much! Sending :dust: your way. :)

:haha: i guess we can still be friends. I am willing to overlook this one for you since youre a New Englander :rofl:

Thank you :flower: the nursery for your LO is incredible!

My shower is on Sunday too!!! Yay! Can't wait

Tobaira-- thanks for posting pics. The girls are just gorgeous!! Looks like they would be pretty hard to tell apart!! Love the hair!!

oh my , just watched the american OBEM, im not sure if its an old episode in australia but the baby had shoulder dystocia and wasnt crying for ages, and they were filming and the baby truely looked stillborn :cry: i was bawling my eyes out so much, tears flowing and all

Have fun at your shower!
Wish i got another. DSs shower SUCKED! lol

Same here. :blush:

Night, okay I wasn't sure if they did any treating to it first or something. I'm a little uneducated on the topic haha. Do you store it in the fridge or freezer then? I'd assume such because in my
mind it's comparable to storing organs from an animal? Not to sound rude, I'm just curious!! Haha. I only know of (personally, that is) women who have encapsulated so it is fascinating to me. :)

So, opinions: a breast feeding book - helpful or waste of money? Most people have told me its all natural and I won't need a book. Hospital suggests buying one but is neutral on how "necessary" it is. Thoughts? :)

Planning on storing it in the freezer, since I want to be able to use it over a longer period of time and that will keep it fresher (plus I'm gonna be keeping all my fruit for smoothies in the freezer, so they will be nice and icy cold! :D). And yeah, it's the same as with any meat; you can only store it for a certain amount of time etc... If something happens (like there being meconium in my waters or something) meaning we can't use it raw, then I will likely throw the whole thing in the freezer (got a freezer bag with my birth kit ;)) then when DH has some time, he will get it out and encapsulate it for me :) Maybe do some placenta paintings also.

I think if you can find a good one that provides info on benefits/tips for issues etc, then it could be handy to have around. Nothing over the top detailed though, otherwise it could make it seem more complicated than it really is!!

I've been thinking about doing some videos as we prepare for our unassisted birth... I wanted to do videos for the whole pregnancy, but lo and behold nothing came of it! :dohh: I was thinking of showing what stuff I have in my birth kit, what it's for etc... A video on my 'birth plan'... And a video on what info we have prepared to deal with certain situations... Stuff like that... I watched a couple of videos from another Mama who had an unassisted birth and found it handy and interesting to see what she had in her birth kit... I hate videos of myself though :lol: My British accent makes me sound like I'm trying to be 'posh' :blush::dohh:

Oh btw! I kind of bought another baby carrier... :blush: I already have 2 Ergos and spent $100 on a Didymos Wrap a few months ago, for this baby.... Well I'd been looking at the Beco Butterfly II for a while because it comes with an infant insert that snaps in, so you can easily pass baby to a different person without taking them out of the carrier..... I bought one... It was beckoning to me!!!! :shhh: I figure the wrap will be good for around the house etc, but the Beco will be good for nipping into stores etc. :)

I REALLY shouldn't have, because the money came out of the credit card budget, but I figure once it gets here and I figure if I like it, I can either sell it on or sell an Ergo....

It's so pretteh!!!!! :cloud9:

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7150/6604674737_c6e475ae97.jpg
Beco BB2 by dhall722, on Flickr

As sad as it is, I have been desperate to post it on Facebook, but my mum will get all snotty with me about spending money... And I just can't be bothered dealing with that right now! :winkwink:

Oh Jokerette, the Pats? :| LOL just kidding!! xoxo

Thanks Guppy! I was thinking that too - as natural as it is that doesn't mean I know a rats about it :haha: I am pretty naive but I try to think some things through. ;) I will download both of them then. Thanks for the suggestions!!!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->