February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Wow!!! I hope Swan is able to get back soon and let us know how it all is going/went!!! How exciting!!

So excited for Swan!

But I must admit ... Hearing some of my fellow Valentiners are in already having their babies is making this seem even more real... And a little scary! I can't believe we are so close!

OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SWAN!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS ! CANT WAIT TO HEAR AN UPDATE !
is anyone else flipping excited that the feb babies are starting to arrive ?!?!?!?!?!?!? im not yet 34 weeks so still FOREVER to go for me :( i know that i wont go into labour early, so still another 6 and a half weeks :cry:

:hugs: Tiger :hugs: i totally get that...i have a feeling this one will be a 41-42 weeks as well :(....so im just guessing i have 9 weeks left...ugh....maybe i'll get lucky, but i wont hold my breath.

I think I'll be overdue again too... I'm hoping not to but they have my dates 5 days ahead anyway so I expect to.

I hope all is well with Swan!

Anoher question - My engagement and wedding rings are a bit snug lately and I just struggled to take them off. I don't look swollen but obviously there is a little puffiness (unless it's just that husband had the heat on full) and there is no puffiness anywhere else.

Is it normal? I'm reluctant to tell the stroppy midwife in case she uses it as another excuse to stop me having a home birth.

Anoher question - My engagement and wedding rings are a bit snug lately and I just struggled to take them off. I don't look swollen but obviously there is a little puffiness (unless it's just that husband had the heat on full) and there is no puffiness anywhere else.

Is it normal? I'm reluctant to tell the stroppy midwife in case she uses it as another excuse to stop me having a home birth.

Slight hand/feet swelling is normal. It's when your face swells or your hands & feet puff up badly that they get worried. Maybe mention it to your MW though for monitoring.

I haven't been able to wear my rings since Christmas. I hate not wearing them :(

Tobaira, your girls are beautiful, congratulations. Sorry to hear you were so unwell, but I'm glad you're on the mend.

Eeeek Swan!!!! Can't wait to hear from you. Keeping my fingers toes and eyes crossed that all goes well.

I have hideous toothache. My bottom left wisdom tooth has caused my gum to puff up like a balloon and I can't shut my mouth, eat or sleep. I'm miserable :(. I keep trying to ignore it and get on with all the stuff I need to do, but it won't go away. I'm doing hot salt water rinses cos I don't want to take anything, but I really hope it goes in the next few days or I'll have to go to the dentist, and I really (REALLY) hate the dentist.

Tobaira, your girls are beautiful, congratulations. Sorry to hear you were so unwell, but I'm glad you're on the mend.

Eeeek Swan!!!! Can't wait to hear from you. Keeping my fingers toes and eyes crossed that all goes well.

I have hideous toothache. My bottom left wisdom tooth has caused my gum to puff up like a balloon and I can't shut my mouth, eat or sleep. I'm miserable :(. I keep trying to ignore it and get on with all the stuff I need to do, but it won't go away. I'm doing hot salt water rinses cos I don't want to take anything, but I really hope it goes in the next few days or I'll have to go to the dentist, and I really (REALLY) hate the dentist.

Aww ~ :hugs: ~ I hate toothache

You are allowed to take paracetomal :thumbup: In fact when I was in hospital when pregnant with DD, they gave me paracetomal

You shouldnt have to suffer with the pain :hugs:

Had a bit of a stressful afternoon...DD is teething & so was super whingy whilst we were trying to buy a dinner service & cutlery! :dohh:

Now, its set me off again, worrying how im gonna cope with 2 LO's :baby::wacko::baby:

Slight hand/feet swelling is normal. It's when your face swells or your hands & feet puff up badly that they get worried. Maybe mention it to your MW though for monitoring.

I haven't been able to wear my rings since Christmas. I hate not wearing them :(

Thank you! They could probably have stated on but I was scared they would get stuck!

Had a bit of a stressful afternoon...DD is teething & so was super whingy whilst we were trying to buy a dinner service & cutlery! :dohh:

Now, its set me off again, worrying how im gonna cope with 2 LO's :baby::wacko::baby:

I have this worry daily! Terrifies me.

Just an update, I went to the doctor's yesterday for my 35 weeks check up. I had the Group B Strep test done and then asked the doctor if she could tell me what position my baby was in (I was having difficulities telling what was what in there since the baby is so compacted). After she pressed on my stomach she said she wanted to check and see if I was dilated at all. Sure enough I was over 2+ cm already! She immediately put me on strict bed rest and told me I can't even fold little baby laundry because that is too much for me to be doing right now! I couldn't believe it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed I don't go into labor before Wednesday. If I do I need to be transported by helicopter to Phoenix to deliver (where I live they wont deliver a baby until they are at least 36 weeks). I have another appointment for next Friday that I'm praying I'll be able to make and that the baby will still be inside me, but the way the doctor put it, she was pretty sure the baby will be here by Monday the 16th. So crazy as I have so much left to do!

Are any of you dilated already and what did the doctor tell you?

Oh my gosh, Kj, that's crazy!! Looks like we're going to have more January babies in here than we thought!!

I've heard you can walk around at 2 cm for weeks... but your dr seems pretty sure you're not going to be doing that... Good luck and keep us updated!

Any news from swan? Hope everything is okay... still quite early for most of us, so I'm hoping the baby is doing alright...

Advantage to having a scheduled section is I know I have probably 6 1/2 weeks left and no more!

OMG SWAN!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATZ HUN!!!!!!!! You are probably holding your little girl right now! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

WOW KJ, that great! Hopefully you can hold off for a bit thou! Good luck hun!

Ok that is making me nervous though because nothing is ready for me and i haven't even got my hospital bag packed yet!!! I need to get a move on!

It's normal if it's slight. You *might* want to stop wearing them, maybe wear some other ring in a bigger size if it's important to you (was to me, LOL). I took mine off a couple months ago because my fingers were a bit swollen. A friend of mine had to have hers Cut Off so I wanted to make sure mine were off well before that point!!!

Becstar- i agree with Suzzle & JP on the swelling :thumbup:

Swan- can't wait to "meet" baby! :cloud9:

KJ-thats crazy! you could be next!
Though i do agree with AmaryllisRed. Unfortunately dilation means nothing...your doc could be right...or it could still be a bit. I was 1-2cm dilated at 36 weeks (could have been prior but wasn't checked) and i ended up going to almost 42 weeks....so ya never know! but it could be soon. if it is, rock it girl! And get some rest while you can :D

My HB MWs will not do checks, bc they are pointless.

I hate the dentist and toothaches are the worst!! I will say, if you need to get them pulled, it's REALLY not bad. They put you to sleep and you wake up and it's done!!

Just an update, I went to the doctor's yesterday for my 35 weeks check up. I had the Group B Strep test done and then asked the doctor if she could tell me what position my baby was in (I was having difficulities telling what was what in there since the baby is so compacted). After she pressed on my stomach she said she wanted to check and see if I was dilated at all. Sure enough I was over 2+ cm already! She immediately put me on strict bed rest and told me I can't even fold little baby laundry because that is too much for me to be doing right now! I couldn't believe it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed I don't go into labor before Wednesday. If I do I need to be transported by helicopter to Phoenix to deliver (where I live they wont deliver a baby until they are at least 36 weeks). I have another appointment for next Friday that I'm praying I'll be able to make and that the baby will still be inside me, but the way the doctor put it, she was pretty sure the baby will be here by Monday the 16th. So crazy as I have so much left to do!

Are any of you dilated already and what did the doctor tell you?

Whoa!! Good luck, hon!!! At my next appt, another week, they'll be checking to see if I'm dilated or not yet! So exciting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->