February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

I know someone who has been walking around at 3cm for three weeks... and no baby yet. :( But I came in here Thursday dilated to 1cm (at 2am) and by 6am I was increasing and increasing and contracting and boom.

So, I'll give the fuller details later, but here's the basics:

Aria Adelle, born at 12:22 am on January 7th after ~30 hours of labor.

She is 6 pounds, 6 ounces, 19 inches long, delivered at 35 + 4 days. Doing very well! Her vitals have been good, she struggles with breastfeeding due to a tiny mouth (she can suckle well, but latching onto the full breast is tough - she thinks just holding the nipple will do the job :lol:) but she's definitely hanging tough. We're very proud. :)

Aww :cloud9: she is beautiful hun!
Welcome to the world sweet Aria :cloud9:

Glad to hear you both are doing so good. And dont worry, she'll get the hang of it soon :hugs:
30 hours- thats what my labor with DS was. But you seem to have done a great job! So go mama! :dance:
I can't wait to read your birth story!

Today we bought Isaiah and Elliots first matching outfits! Isaiah's things are robots (and penguins) so this was perfect. Got them on sale at BRU for only $5 each!

And here is my bump pic from today @ 33+2.

Attachments

• IMG_0876.jpg
    IMG_0876.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0872.jpg
    IMG_0872.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 4
CONGRATZ SWAN!!! SHE IS BEAUTIFUL!!!

JP- Have fun at your shower!!!!

Congratulations, swan!!! She is gorgeous. So glad to hear that she and you are doing well. :cloud9:

Swan, she is beautiful!!! I am so glad to hear that you and she are both doing well! She'll get the hang of nursing!! :hugs: So happy to hear from you!! :) My DH says she is very pretty!!

Aww congrats swan! So excited to hear. She is precious :) I'm sorry it took so long
. I can't wait to hear ALL THE DETAILS. No rush lol rest up sweetie

I know someone who has been walking around at 3cm for three weeks... and no baby yet. :( But I came in here Thursday dilated to 1cm (at 2am) and by 6am I was increasing and increasing and contracting and boom.

So, I'll give the fuller details later, but here's the basics:

Aria Adelle, born at 12:22 am on January 7th after ~30 hours of labor.

She is 6 pounds, 6 ounces, 19 inches long, delivered at 35 + 4 days. Doing very well! Her vitals have been good, she struggles with breastfeeding due to a tiny mouth (she can suckle well, but latching onto the full breast is tough - she thinks just holding the nipple will do the job :lol:) but she's definitely hanging tough. We're very proud. :)

Oh she is just gorgeous!!!!! Congratulations!!!!

Today was my baby shower! I feel so totally spoiled and it was so fun :) It makes it seem so real now that we have all this baby stuff :) I spent the day sorting through a lot of it and tomorrow I'm going to wash some of the clothes and put together some of the larger items with DH's help. :happydance:

Here are some photos from the day. Check out the cake... made by my mother-in-law! :)

Attachments

• IMGP0127a.jpg
    IMGP0127a.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 15
  • all gifts.jpg
    all gifts.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMGP0134.jpg
    IMGP0134.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 13
Wow, Jokerette, you got a lot of stuff!! I can understand feeling spoiled. :) And the cake is beautiful!!

swan - she is absolutely beautiful :cloud9: im so jealous lol ! i cant wait to hold my little princess now :cloud9: she looks so healthy too !

Jokerette - thats alot of stuff ! :shock:

Congratz Swan. She's beautiful. I'm slightly jealous, can't wait to hold my baby girl!

Wow jokerrete, little kenny has been very spoilt. I LOVE the cake. Did it taste as good as it looks?

I'm jealous of Jokerette's cake! That looks so tasty!!! :lol:

Thanks ladies! She is making good progress so far, and just had her hearing tests and weight checked, etc. Finally is beginning to poop on a more regular cycle so we are happy about that too, since she is still wrestling with getting the idea of suckling. lol. She gets the concept but she needs a bigger mouth!

Chris has been so great and helpful and thus far we both have managed to get in some staggered sleep so we are feeling human. :haha: we will not be discharged until Monday but we are okay with that since we have a few more things we need them to go over for her tomorrow. But we couldn't be happier with her. :) Chris cried when she came out - which set me off - so yeah. I will post a true birth story soon! It was a positive story in the end but the stall of dilation in the middle (for 8 hours...) was brutal and I will admit, I ended up accepting an epidural. I was scared but in the end, it was a good choice for me. I was far too exhausted to have pushed her when she was later ready. If I hasn't have totally missed a good portion of pre labor I would have taken a nap!! :rofl: ah well. I am very happy with the end result and look forward to seeing what tomorrow brings.

Well. Time to stop pumping and finish feeding her. :) then it's nap time until 3:30. Momma needs it! XD

xoxoxoxxo

Congrats Swan!!! :D

I'm 37 weeks today (ETA: Well yesterday now I guess, since it's 2am!!!) by my LMP... But not quite there until Tuesday going by scans (and I thought I was due later by dates (which were pretty much guesses...) so not really counting it until Tuesday anyway... It gives me a little kick though! ;) :lol:).

I'm excited for labour!!! :D

Oh Swan, she is gorgeous! Well done you!

Jokerette, wow! A lot of stuff! How many people came?

I was having loads of Braxton Hicks yesterday evening, but when I rested they settled right down. Things are constantly moving and getting uncomfy down there right now which I don't remember when pregnant with La, but I might be wrong... I am hoping I don't go so overdue this time as I really really really want the chance of a homebirth, but I don't know if I'll be so lucky.

I hadn't realised how much bigger I am this time, until I noticed that my dressing gown won't close now and even when I gave birth to La it did! I have put on 3 stone this time, two and a half last time, I'm hoping it comes off as easily this time (I'd lost 2 stone by the time I got back from the hospital!)

Congratulation on the birth of your beautiful little girl Swan.

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"