February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Today is my baby shower! I think there will be...6 of us? If I counted right! I'm totally happy with that, lol. 3 others were supposed to be here but 2 ended up having to work and 1 went to the Cotton Bowl since it's the Razorbacks that were in it (and won!!). But since it's in my house, I'm really fine with it not being all that many!! Most everything is ready. Dh went out to get a humidifier and so when he gets back he's going to vacuum for me. Rachel will be over probably soon and we'll set everything else up!! Yey!!! I cannot WAIT to see her gift for the baby. I used to harass her to craft with me and she'd say she is NOT a crafter...but I KNEW there was one lurking inside. She discovered Pintrest and has started making some Cute stuff!! I LOVE handmade things from my friends!!!! In fact, I'd rather have handmade than registry. Though other than that, registry please!!! haha!!! I think there's a few of us having a shower today so I hope everyone has a blast!

Oh, also...this is completely embarrassing for me to ask but...is anyone going to the bathroom more often?? I was never very "regular" anyways and I've been constipated this entire pregnancy. But the past few days/week I've been going to the bathroom a LOT. Is this the body's way of cleaning you out before birth?? Or is my tummy just acting up?? Any clue?

Oh, also...this is completely embarrassing for me to ask but...is anyone going to the bathroom more often?? I was never very "regular" anyways and I've been constipated this entire pregnancy. But the past few days/week I've been going to the bathroom a LOT. Is this the body's way of cleaning you out before birth?? Or is my tummy just acting up?? Any clue?

It's tough to say but its common during the end ;)

Have fun at your shower JP! :flower:

I got DH to get all the newborn neutrals down from the attic today and currently have a load of baby whites in! :shock: Desperately want to get this hospital bag and stuff sorted "just in case" so thought I better make a start. Also had some new cloth nappies on their first pre-wash earlier. Eeek!

becstar, my rings have been feeling tight on and off for a couple of weeks, still got them on at the moment but thinking of putting them onto a necklace. Some swelling is normal because of the extra blood in your body.

monkeydo hope your toothache gets better, would an icepack help?

so impresed you're prewashing tiggertea, I've had some waiting to be washed for ages now although as most of ours were preloved ones they don't need it.

happy babyshower JP

KJ hope it goes well for you at next appt and hope you manage to rest up and take it easy for a few days

Guppy your HB pack looks so organised, I just have random stuff in a pile waiting to be sorted and everything else scattered around the house! I did a trail run with our pool today and it works fine it was lovely to sit in and as I'm so short I had loads of room!! on the negative side I had an email from the company sending the new liner and the ship has been delayed by bad weather so it won't be shipped for annother week and a half :nope: just got to hope I don't need it before then!

It must be something in the air!! I have been washing newborn/0-3 clothes, bibs, socks, vests, sleepsuits, blankets, shawls & pram/moses basket sheets all day. Still have a HUGE load of dark clothes to put on tomorrow!

I do love ironing & putting everything away though :D

I haven't washed anything yet... I hate taking the tags off... makes me feel like they've lost their "newness." I will eventually. But right now I just like taking everything out, looking at it, and then folding it and putting it back. :)

I did put the stroller together today, though. :)

Anything I have clothes/bedding wise was neutral and preloved by DD and so has been sitting in a box for 2.5 years. Just needs a freshen up! :lol:
I've not de-tagged any 'boy' things yet til after my appt next week and I get another confirmation bump is def :blue:! :haha:

Well done on building the stroller AR! Is it pretty? :cloud9:

I have some stuff from 8/7 years ago that I've freshened up from DS1&2, bought new bits too though & we had it confirmed at 30 weeks that our LO is DEFINITELY :blue:

Our Moses basket & travel system is ready for collection, but we are leaving it for a couple of weeks until we get organised (currently decorating). Cleaning out the cupboard under the stairs for it to live in though when it does get here!

I LOVE building up travel systems & playing with all the bits :D I'm also going to have to unpack/air the cosytoes I bought. :thumbup:

Here's a pic of my DS in the stroller. (He helped me build it!)

stroller.jpg

I love love love it! I did literally hours of research before I finally chose it, so I'm glad it paid off!

Love the stroller AR!

I think no matter how much you have already, you always feel the need to buy a "few" more bits for a new baby. :lol: It's like an addiction or something!

Did I tell you ladies I'm def getting my new travel system? :dance: Not sure hubby is quite aware of that fact yet, but my bro wants to get it for us, then I'll give him some £££ towards it when I sell the "old" one (but he doesn't know that yet). :dance: So here is what I'm getting (ordering Tuesday!):
https://www.silvercross.co.uk/thumbnailgenerator.ashx?id=4951&width=480&height=450&method=LimitCentred&background=FFFFFFFF&corners=0&cornerradius=0&type=Jpeg&quality=80&h=54EAA29DCB5AC6510DC50B6BF205A26&units=Pixel Pram Mode
https://www.silvercross.co.uk/thumbnailgenerator.ashx?id=4953&width=480&height=450&method=LimitCentred&background=FFFFFFFF&corners=0&cornerradius=0&type=Jpeg&quality=80&h=C933C262E5649CDEEE1A1877FC68A4&units=Pixel Pushchair Mode
https://www.silvercross.co.uk/thumbnailgenerator.ashx?id=5327&width=480&height=450&method=LimitCentred&background=FFFFFFFF&corners=0&cornerradius=0&type=Jpeg&quality=80&h=4EBE3E8F88A67B5D8FCC8D0C49E89B&units=Pixel Car Seat

Ooh, it's very pretty!!

We needed to buy a new one because we never actually had one before-- we had a carseat and then borrowed a stroller-- and they didn't match or fit together or anything. So we gave away the carseat when DS outgrew it (and never got it back) and returned the stroller (and they passed it on to someone else).
We could've done something similar this time around, but I really wanted to spoil ourselves with a nice system. :)

They are both lovely. I ordered mine when I was about 5 weeks pregnant because it was such a good deal (£299)

https://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ7JPtOWwC9CLQFvyM8KA3flGapbqXgKkrOl7jbfxMMBsljcCk3

Yes, I've bought the cosytoes & bag :)
The carseat reclines into the pram base, which is why I chose it ( we had a separate base before & it just constantly got in the way!)

https://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRJ4zjOorCJDK05ZeuAERaZMXIsjry3kWx5B6AomV3Mf3WbPFX9

Sorry for the links, I'm posting from iPhone & too lazy to go upstairs & get the laptop :blush:

Oooh tis lovely!
Our 'old' one had all the bits separate. Like it had the frame, onto which the pram clipped. Then you could change the pram out to the buggy, which changed out to adapters along with the car seat. Effectively that meant you had to break it down into 4 pieces before it would fold if you used it with the carseat. :wacko:

I know someone who has been walking around at 3cm for three weeks... and no baby yet. :( But I came in here Thursday dilated to 1cm (at 2am) and by 6am I was increasing and increasing and contracting and boom.

So, I'll give the fuller details later, but here's the basics:

Aria Adelle, born at 12:22 am on January 7th after ~30 hours of labor.

She is 6 pounds, 6 ounces, 19 inches long, delivered at 35 + 4 days. Doing very well! Her vitals have been good, she struggles with breastfeeding due to a tiny mouth (she can suckle well, but latching onto the full breast is tough - she thinks just holding the nipple will do the job :lol:) but she's definitely hanging tough. We're very proud. :)

Attachments

• IMG_1212.jpg
    IMG_1212.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 16
I know someone who has been walking around at 3cm for three weeks... and no baby yet. :( But I came in here Thursday dilated to 1cm (at 2am) and by 6am I was increasing and increasing and contracting and boom.

She is 6 pounds, 6 ounces, 19 inches long, delivered at 35 + 4 days. Doing very well! Her vitals have been good, she struggles with breastfeeding due to a tiny mouth (she can suckle well, but latching onto the full breast is tough - she thinks just holding the nipple will do the job :lol:) but she's definitely hanging tough. We're very proud. :)

She is absolutely beautiful :hugs:

So glad she is doing well (and you!)

How totally adorable ~ :cloud9: ~ Many Congratulations on beautiful Aria Adelle :baby:

Enjoy your first days with her....:cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->