February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Lovely to hear from you Swan, so pleased you and your little Family are doing well :cloud9:

Today was my baby shower! I feel so totally spoiled and it was so fun :) It makes it seem so real now that we have all this baby stuff :) I spent the day sorting through a lot of it and tomorrow I'm going to wash some of the clothes and put together some of the larger items with DH's help. :happydance:

Here are some photos from the day. Check out the cake... made by my mother-in-law! :)

Wow ~ Lucky you & baby Kenny :thumbup: Some lovely gifts

& the cake looks great, well done MIL :cake:

Congrats Swan!!! :D

I'm 37 weeks today (ETA: Well yesterday now I guess, since it's 2am!!!) by my LMP... But not quite there until Tuesday going by scans (and I thought I was due later by dates (which were pretty much guesses...) so not really counting it until Tuesday anyway... It gives me a little kick though! ;) :lol:).

I'm excited for labour!!! :D

If I went by my LMP due date, I would be due 14th February!! Double >>:argh:

Oh Swan, your daughter is so beautiful! I'm glad both you and her are doing well. As she gets stronger, she will start to nurse better! I'm so happy and excited for you and your family!

OMG missed soo much again!!

Swann congratulations hunni she is beautiful!!!

Tigertea - thats the same as our travel system but ours is grey and charcoal, I love it!!

Well, think I am nearly ready for this baba to arrive!!

Emergancy hospital bag packed!! hopefully I wont need it but its there just in case - Homebirth Kit nearly there just got to buy another pack of bed pads, just in case.

I have a midwife appointment on the 19th, then one consultant at 36 weeks and one m/w at 36 weeks to go through all of my homebirth plans. Hopefully if all goes well at these everything will be in order to go ahead.

I went into the attic yesterday to get all of the newborn clothes out from Blake. BUT I COULDNT FIND THEM!! I have looked everywhere and they are nowhere to be found, I had bags and bags of them - I think hubby took them to the charity shop when I told him to put them up there as he was determined we wernt having anymore children, but he wont admit it. So i have just had to go into town and spend a fortune on buying everything new (I hadnt bought anything as I had assumed I had everything). But now it is all there and washed, ironed and ready to go so all I need is to wait a few more weeks and he can come.

Whoever said having a homebirth was Brave couldnt have been refering to me! I am doing it simply because if all goes to plan it will be an easier option. I dont have to leave my kids or my home and go to a hospital (and I hate hospitals) where everything is far to clinical when in my eyes childbirth should be as natural as possible in calming surroundings. I havent had any bad experiences with my previous birth or with hospitals but I just think birthing at home would suit me better.

Swan you did a great job hun! Dont be hard on yourself! It was a good use of the epi IMO!

Whoever said having a homebirth was Brave couldnt have been refering to me! I am doing it simply because if all goes to plan it will be an easier option. I dont have to leave my kids or my home and go to a hospital (and I hate hospitals) where everything is far to clinical when in my eyes childbirth should be as natural as possible in calming surroundings. I havent had any bad experiences with my previous birth or with hospitals but I just think birthing at home would suit me better.

Agreed!

What type of stuff did you pack in your emergency hospital bag? I need to pack mine too...i dont think i'll be putting much in it though.

Hoorah! :thumbup: Finally have a midwife appointment today ~ My 1st one since week 18!!! :dohh:

I did see a consultant before I left the Uk & seen a doctor since arriving here, but thats it! :baby:

someone needs to create a group in the parenting section now ;)

Thanks everyone! :) She's my little darling, even if she gave me a time and a half on her way out the door! :haha: And thanks Guppy - I appreciate it. :) The nurses kept reassuring me of the same thing, so I'm starting to accept that yes, I did the right thing for everyone's sakes.

But today her jaundice levels took a leap so now she's in the cocoon of blue lights and they'll take her to NICU for the night so I can sleep and not fuss with her, because I keep wanting to take her out everytime she whimpers. I know it's best for her, but it's brutal knowing they'll soon cart her out for the night. I'm having a ridiculous ride of emotions today, crying a lot. Guess it's all getting out of my system? I am pretty sure Chris doesn't know what to do with me. :rofl:

Aww Swan, try not to worry (pointless statement, I know!) Just get some well deserved rest so that you are match fit for when she comes back :hugs: Also, so you know, the crying, get used to it - it's a breast feeding thing (was for me anyway). I used to cry every time I sang to DS1 - twinkle twinkle little star was a particularly bad one :blush:

As for me, consultant tomorrow at 4pm. Truly hoping he's a man with a plan :haha:
Wow - 35 weeks already - eeeeeeeek!

swan - those hormones in the first few days are awful ! i was either crying my eyes out or ridiculously happy.
i think jonno thought i was insane lol

Swan, the changing emotions is completely normal!! I cried for small things with both of the boys, and then I would be happy too! Get some much needed sleep (before you go home to have the lack of sleep kick in) :hugs:

Glad to hear I am not alone! lol. I'm just laughing now because I realize it's insane to think I'm abandoning her by sending her to NICU for the night when she needs it lol. Plus you're all right. I need the sleep to face tomorrows all new ball game of going home!!! :haha:

yay for going home tomorrow ! how exciting!
i bet you didnt think that she would be born so early !
i couldnt imagine holly arriving in 2 weeks :shock: would love her too (if she was healthy and perfect etc) but i dont have anything yet lol, planning a huge shopping spree next month to get EVERYTHING

Hey swan, did you see that Beyonce's baby was delivered yesterday too? I think hers was a scheduled c-section though!! Aria made it first! :haha:

:haha:

Well i just spent the last couple hours (while DS was napping) writing out checks and addressing envelopes for all of our bills for the next 2 months. We have SOOO many bills, especially medical bills :wacko:, and i dont want to get behind when Elliot arrives, so they are completed all the way through March. :thumbup: took forever, but i figure i better do it while i have the time...DH does NOT do bills :nope: haha

Hormones sound normal...though i do know how hard it is to have the baby somewhere else :( Im still not over it...difference is Aria has a good reason to be there and Isaiah didn't. You are such a great mom already and i can't wait to see mroe pics! :D

Well girls been contracting for most of the day, contractions where steady at 6 mins apart 1 min long for most the day and now we are at the hospital with contractions 2 mins apart and it is all going to happen tonight by the looks of things.

Well girls been contracting for most of the day, contractions where steady at 6 mins apart 1 min long for most the day and now we are at the hospital with contractions 2 mins apart and it is all going to happen tonight by the looks of things.

Good luck :thumbup:! Hope everything goes well for you

Sorry I have not been posting much but a HUGE congratulations to swan and tobaira on their girls and for the amazing stories they have posted!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->